Message Boards

Topic : 06/04 In-Laws’ Dirty Secrets Exposed

Number of Replies: 336
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 10, 2006, 09:23:21 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/17/06) It's often said that parents find true happiness when their child finds true love. But what happens when a mother suspects that her child may be sleeping with the enemy? Gerri fears that her son-in-law, Alan, is such a danger to her daughter, Melissa, and her grandchildren, that he may kill them. She claims Alan is molesting his 3-year-old daughter, and that Melissa is in denial. Gerri says she had no choice but to call Family Services. Alan and Melissa are outraged by the accusations and say Gerri is out to destroy their marriage. Alan maintains his innocence, and Melissa stands by his side. Could Gerri's guilt as a parent be causing her to make these serious allegations? Alan takes a grueling three-hour lie detector test to prove his innocence. Who will be the one apologizing when Dr. Phil reveals the results? Is Alan a monster or the victim of a malicious mother-in-law? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 11, 2006, 2:29 pm CST

I need Dr. Phil's and Robins Help bad

It has been over 5 decades since everything happened. Me and my brothers have suffered so bad for what our parents and family did to us. I am waiting for a 96 year old woman to die to tell what 5 out of 8 of her sons did to us when we were babies and small toddlers. Also what she did to us was almost as bad if not worse. We were rapped by her sons and she beat us and abused us so bad it sent us running to the streets. She is going to be 96 now and with her health and age I am finding it hard to come forward with all that happened. I have recorded my story but I don't know what to do. If I don't tell what happened back then my brother may end up dying in prison waiting for the truth and proof to come out. Yet I know she can't stand in court and it would upset her when he five sons go to jail for rapping us with a weapon. Please someone help me. I have suffered along with my brothers all these years and the abuse never stopped after we left her home. My first husband beat me so bad every day because I was not a virgin when he married me. When I told him what happened and why I didn't bleed when we had sex on our wedding night he never let me live it down and it was the cause of me loosing my children to him because I didn't want the public to know. The beatings from him were so bad and at times he would point a gun at me. I didn't want to have sex and never dreamed when I married him that I would have to take my clothes off. Oh my God this whole thing is such a mess and I need help bad. Please someone help me before my brother dies with this in prison and what they did to us. Our parents and our family destroyed our lives and my brother has been in prison for 37 years. I tried to speak to the Governor but he doesn't have time for people like us who have nothing.

November 11, 2006, 4:08 pm CST

for jwiz512

How many years in jail?? 
TELL EVERYONE. I can't believe you are protecting these people.
Sream it to the heavens. You are still their victims until you do what you need to. Don't be afraid anymore. Just do it.

November 11, 2006, 4:29 pm CST

11/17 In-Laws’ Dirty Secrets Exposed

Quote From: jwiz512

It has been over 5 decades since everything happened. Me and my brothers have suffered so bad for what our parents and family did to us. I am waiting for a 96 year old woman to die to tell what 5 out of 8 of her sons did to us when we were babies and small toddlers. Also what she did to us was almost as bad if not worse. We were rapped by her sons and she beat us and abused us so bad it sent us running to the streets. She is going to be 96 now and with her health and age I am finding it hard to come forward with all that happened. I have recorded my story but I don't know what to do. If I don't tell what happened back then my brother may end up dying in prison waiting for the truth and proof to come out. Yet I know she can't stand in court and it would upset her when he five sons go to jail for rapping us with a weapon. Please someone help me. I have suffered along with my brothers all these years and the abuse never stopped after we left her home. My first husband beat me so bad every day because I was not a virgin when he married me. When I told him what happened and why I didn't bleed when we had sex on our wedding night he never let me live it down and it was the cause of me loosing my children to him because I didn't want the public to know. The beatings from him were so bad and at times he would point a gun at me. I didn't want to have sex and never dreamed when I married him that I would have to take my clothes off. Oh my God this whole thing is such a mess and I need help bad. Please someone help me before my brother dies with this in prison and what they did to us. Our parents and our family destroyed our lives and my brother has been in prison for 37 years. I tried to speak to the Governor but he doesn't have time for people like us who have nothing.
Good God girl.... get yourself to a good counselor that you can relate to..  There is too much in your life to handle this alone..." You can't change what you don't acknowledge".. and to help anyone else... you must think of yourself first.......They have Clinics in most large cities that take people on a sliding scale as to what you can afford but for God's sake, reach out to someone professional and the only thing we really have in life is ourselves... we add people but the main one is YOU... Call someone right now and make an appointment.....I wish you well.

November 11, 2006, 4:35 pm CST

Grandma butt out

I firmly believe once our children are adults, we need to butt out.  We can love and give advice when we are asked.  But we are not to condemn their choices and we are not to raise their children.  If this woman truly believes her son in law is molesting the grandbaby, she better have good reason (proof) or she is just a busy body.  I can't wait to watch this show!!

November 11, 2006, 4:38 pm CST

Good you start talking!!

Such a terrible story. 

This is your first step and I am sure it will be easier for you to talk about it.  Gosh.  Sorry for your grandmother, too bad if she cannot handle the truth.  If she dies in court, rest in peace! 

You must go to court.  You owe this to yourself, to your brother, and other brothers, and your family owe you all big time!  They must go to jail.  Simple as this.  You have hurt so much and for so long that it's not fair to anybody.  Those men are most likely raping other people, and they don't deserve to be free. 

You didn't have (and don't have) to put up with the husband.  Divorce him.  Don't even think about it. 

Good luck and I will definitely keep you in my prayers. 

I hope Dr. Phil will do something about this, everybody deserves a second chance in life. 

November 11, 2006, 4:39 pm CST

Such a terrible story. 

This is your first step and I am sure it will be easier for you to talk about it.  Gosh.  Sorry for your grandmother, too bad if she cannot handle the truth.  If she dies in court, rest in peace! 

You must go to court.  You owe this to yourself, to your brother, and other brothers, and your family owe you all big time!  They must go to jail.  Simple as this.  You have hurt so much and for so long that it's not fair to anybody.  Those men are most likely raping other people, and they don't deserve to be free. 

You didn't have (and don't have) to put up with the husband.  Divorce him.  Don't even think about it. 

I hope Dr. Phil will do something about this, everybody deserves a second chance in life. 

November 11, 2006, 4:58 pm CST

response

Hi there!  Sounds like you're feeling pretty alone and overwhemed to say the least!  I don't know what is available in the US, but here in New Zealand, there are women's centres where you can talk to someone for free to get advice on all kinds of issues.  Some of these issues are on dealing with rape, self-esteem, how to get legal help and so on.  If you are able to find someone who can give you the support and direction you need, you will find that a lot of the despair you feel is lifted.  Having someone to share a burden and give direction makes a difference.  You are carrying the reponsibility of your mum's feelings (and health), but it is wearing you out.  You also sound like you feel guilty about things you are not actually responsible for.  Sometimes you have to do the right thing (which is speak out!), because if you don't you will always regret it.  Look at how this is making you feel now, knowing that your brother has been in prison for so long, but not saying anything for fear of your mum.  Get help and don't give up!  You have only one life, so make it your best!  Good luck!

November 11, 2006, 4:59 pm CST

Has mother-in-law gone mad? or what?

With so little to go on it is hard to say.  Social services should have the little girl given a complete physical exam by a pediatritian to see whether she has been molested.  What did the lie detector report come up with?  Why does the mother-in-law have these ideas of what is happening to her grandchild?  Are there others that have the same suspisions in the community?

November 11, 2006, 7:56 pm CST

needing help?

Quote From: bobolin

Such a terrible story. 

Let me tell you, the First step was the hardest step so far that you have taken.     You Spoke out.! My Heart feels for you. you need to see a Phycotherapist. when you tell him all of this BY LAW! he has to REPORT THIS. why is your one brother in Prison? Did you tell your father? Neighbor? friends? Some Trusting Family Members? If your mother is involved who cares if she dies in court? she is as GUILTY as those who did these unspeakable acts to you.            # 1. Please know this is not your fault!

The Bible Says Whoa unto those who hurt Little Children.  

Didn't you and your husband speak about things BEFORE you got married? Pointing a Gun at you? you should have gotten the Hell Out of Dodge!! 

November 11, 2006, 8:02 pm CST

Quote From: feralcat

With so little to go on it is hard to say.  Social services should have the little girl given a complete physical exam by a pediatritian to see whether she has been molested.  What did the lie detector report come up with?  Why does the mother-in-law have these ideas of what is happening to her grandchild?  Are there others that have the same suspisions in the community?
 Of course, if they find she wasn't molested... then she'll have gone thru that exam for nothing in which case I'd be all over that mother- in- law for all the trauma and trouble she's caused

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last