Message Boards

Topic : Differing Sex Drives

Number of Replies: 1827
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:17:33 pm
Author : dataimport
"He wants it twice a day!" "She would be happy to go a whole month without touching me." Does this sound familiar?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 20, 2009, 5:04 pm CST

Reasons

Quote From: mrpathetic

My wife and I have not had sex for 15 years. She says she is no longer interested in sex - not with me, or anyone else. She has essentially stopped caring. She says that she wants to divorce me, and lead a single, sexless life. I

Is there any hope for this situation? More to the point, is there any explanation for this? My wife had a complete hysterectomy some years ago, but her sexless behavior started well before that point.

If a woman shuts down sexually for a very long period of time, is it impossible for her to start up again? Or is her sex drive effectively dead, and will never come back again?

In my first marriage my wife never initiated sex.  I tried being romantic, meeting her needs, reading up on how to be a better lover, etc.  After we had been married about 18 years she asked if it would be alright if we never had sex again.  I said I knew there would be a day when sex wasn't a part of our marriage - like when we were old and gray.  Long story short she moved out just after our 20th anniversary and moved in with her best friend (another woman).  They've been a couple ever since. 

Sometimes it's something you're doing - or not doing.  Other times it's just not about you. 

March 3, 2009, 8:18 am CST

What do you do when your sex drive has went from high to nothing from meds?

What do you do when your sex drive has went from high to nothing from medications that you are on? I am only 24 and my husband is 29 and I have Addison's disease( Adrenal Insufficiency ) and since they put me on my steroids i have to want because i am tired or in and out of the hospital its so hard my poor husband he is dealing with things but i just feel bad. We have had sex in year 2009 at all ! because of me being sick its been so hard. Is anyone going through this or kinda have same situation?

March 18, 2009, 2:27 pm CDT

husband has schitzoid personality disorder

He is diagnosed, as a result of counseling because he never wants to be intimate with me or even touch me except when it seems to be socially acceptable. We literally do not ever have sex. I don't know what to do to make it better. I don't really want a divorce but I am miserable in this loveless relationship.

March 19, 2009, 5:02 am CDT

Differing Sex Drives

Quote From: moome1

i am never in the mood for sex. i have a very handsome husband.i don't get the urges like i should. i am numb.i can go for weeks, months without ever having the urge. is there anyone else that feels the same way?

yes me and i know its not normal i keep thinking mayb its hormones or thyroid bcause of my age, I'm 48, but I'm beginning to think alot of it is mental.  I'm just over having sex because I'm supposed to, its expected of me , it is my role of being a wife.

March 27, 2009, 1:41 am CDT

i just dont know

i am a young man the tender age of twenty two and my girlfriend is thirty eight and at the beginning of the relations ship the sex was at a more constant level than it is now.  In past relations i was used to doing it all the time some time all day but now this once or twice a month is killing me.  And also it really hurts because i love this woman with everything and i feel like she doesn't care about me because she wont do anything about this for me and for us. i have tried taking her out more, stop fussing about not getting any, buying her gifts and basically just trying to keep her happy and nothing is really working.  just wanted to know can any one help this lonely at night guy

April 16, 2009, 12:54 pm CDT

to lonelyatnite

Quote From: lonelyatnight

i am a young man the tender age of twenty two and my girlfriend is thirty eight and at the beginning of the relations ship the sex was at a more constant level than it is now.  In past relations i was used to doing it all the time some time all day but now this once or twice a month is killing me.  And also it really hurts because i love this woman with everything and i feel like she doesn't care about me because she wont do anything about this for me and for us. i have tried taking her out more, stop fussing about not getting any, buying her gifts and basically just trying to keep her happy and nothing is really working.  just wanted to know can any one help this lonely at night guy

If you have talked to her about his, what is her explanation as to why its down to once or twice a month?  To be honest, she should be going thru her "hot thirties" period in life and if its not happening, then I would say you have bigger problems in your relationship than just the sex part.

If this is going to be her speed from now on and your not at that level, and being a man, you probably never will want to slow down that much... it might be time to find some young girl and have a good everyday sex life with her.  Ask your new GF how often she thinks two people should have sex before you commit to her, then you won't be disappointed when its just not there.

April 16, 2009, 12:58 pm CDT

Is it because

Quote From: wifeaschitz

He is diagnosed, as a result of counseling because he never wants to be intimate with me or even touch me except when it seems to be socially acceptable. We literally do not ever have sex. I don't know what to do to make it better. I don't really want a divorce but I am miserable in this loveless relationship.
of medication he is taking?  Was he like this before he was diagnosed?  If its the second one, then that is just the way he is, probably from his mental condition.  Is your family doctor someone you can talk to and see if there is something that can be done?  If not, you have to deciede if this is the type of relationship you want, if not, time to move on with your life.  Good luck ~Red

April 17, 2009, 5:31 pm CDT

help

I have been married to my husband for 15 years.I work fulltime have 5 kids and do all bills I am so exhausted that i never have the energy to have sex to tired my hsuband wants it all the time i love him so much i don't wanna tell him no but yet .i do and he is geting so frustrated with not doing it that he is grouchy all the time and thinks he did something wrong i tell him i am tired but he doesn't get that.please help me.2nd my other thing is i am overweight and don't like for him to see my body because i am disgusted with it  and he keeps wanting the light on when we do actually have sex please help

April 17, 2009, 5:34 pm CDT

i feel the same

Quote From: dollieona

yes me and i know its not normal i keep thinking mayb its hormones or thyroid bcause of my age, I'm 48, but I'm beginning to think alot of it is mental.  I'm just over having sex because I'm supposed to, its expected of me , it is my role of being a wife.

i am 33 and feel the same way i don't know what to do too.it's frustrating for the husbands .but dang i don't know how to make it change

April 17, 2009, 5:38 pm CDT

Differing Sex Drives

Quote From: bikerrider

I know just how you feel my husband has not wanted sex for 10 years and he can not get it up anymore. I too use a vibrater and I got myself a lover who is wonderful . My marrage is fine and been married for 39 years so just make yourself happy and life goes on

i have that problem to i have never had an orgasm with my husband without a vibrator and he used to get mad and thought he did somtething wrong i told him no he is  a wonderful lover but i am broken not him.help am i broken is this a big problem for alot of people?

First | Prev | 176 | 177 | 178 | 179 | 180 | 181 | 182 | Next | Last