Message Boards

Topic : Differing Sex Drives

Number of Replies: 1827
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:17:33 pm
Author : dataimport
"He wants it twice a day!" "She would be happy to go a whole month without touching me." Does this sound familiar?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 4, 2005, 2:23 am CDT

mising my sex drive

Hi. I am 41and have no sex drive (only if I drink a few beers). I am a gay woman and have been with a wonderful woman for a year and a half. she has a high sex drive. I am very attracted to her and had no sex problems with her when we first met but now I have no desire to have sex. Once we get going I am ok with it but most of the time I am ready for it to be over. I am in love with her and have great passion for her. she treats me nothing but good. I have been like this before I met her in other relationships. I have a very stressful job and I am always going and keeping  busy ( very hyper)  As for taking meds I do take lexapro (had back surgery and was very depressed). I just do not understand why I could take sex or leave it. If you have any suggestions it would be great to hear them. I would love to be able to have sex all the time.

October 4, 2005, 10:02 am CDT

I'm not the only one!

I am shocked. I can't believe there are so many women going through the same thing. I know my husband is not gay, I know that for a fact. I also know he is not cheating on me, but I can't figure out why he does this. I have been married for over a year, we go through the same thing every night. When we do have sex, he tells me afterwards that he only did it because he felt bad for me. I don't want pity sex! I have done my hair differently, dressed sexier, and then throw myself at him only to be totally rejected with some lame excuse! Well, at least I'm not alone!

October 4, 2005, 12:59 pm CDT

Question on haow timprove my boyfriends o sex drive.

My boyfriend never wants to have sex with me and when I say something about it he always says wait until the baby is sleeping and he falls asleep. Or he always tells me I am to tired. Does anyone have advice on how I can get him to sleep with me again it has been like 1 or2 times in the past month or two?

October 6, 2005, 11:14 am CDT

self-fulling Husband is slee....

HI all. I am a 28yr old female. I been married nearly 8yrs now and been wtih the same person
since I was 14yrs old. Up until about 4yrs ago, we both had an equal drive. Now, mine is still
in go , while his is in idle. We are lucky if we do it once a month. Anyway, I am a person whom
believes words, when followed by actions. It is hard to hear your beautiful, this and that, but
your husband knows he has a more than willing wife, but comes up with every excuse in the
book from sore back, to tired and so on. But the next morning your finding evidence of self-fulling.
It is pretty hurtful. The thoughts that run through my mind of wondering what is wrong??!! First , I
have had no warning signs or even a gut feeling of him being gay. I just can't understand this
situation. It's making me sick and sexually fustrated. I have brought this up before and he just 

shrugs me off. There was even one time in the car that I found evidence, he said to me that
i have no clue what I am talking about, and not to be accusing of him of such things. Anyway any
ideas would be helpful, cause it is hindering our marriage! Thanks in advance.

-Shannon 

October 7, 2005, 7:36 am CDT

HELP!

I am a 36yr. old female who used to have an incredible sex drive with my husband, and then boom it was gone.. I started to get mad when my husband tried to get close,or I would tell him ok, lets get it over with even if he would just hug me..Now it been two months since we have had sex. I dont know how to get my husband back, he wont even hug me anymore. I know he loves me and I love him, but I know if I dont change or find a way to get my sex drive back, I will lose him to someone else. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

October 7, 2005, 7:58 pm CDT

How to make it last longer when it does happen

My husband and I have been together for over six years. My sex drive has always been strong while his has always been weaker. We are both healthy but for some reason he reaches orgasm too soon for both of us. Then he has no interest in trying to continue. It is getting very frustrating for me because I am not  getting anything near satisfaction and its pushing me away. Any advice out there??

October 9, 2005, 8:05 am CDT

Try This

Quote From: step36

I am a 36yr. old female who used to have an incredible sex drive with my husband, and then boom it was gone.. I started to get mad when my husband tried to get close,or I would tell him ok, lets get it over with even if he would just hug me..Now it been two months since we have had sex. I dont know how to get my husband back, he wont even hug me anymore. I know he loves me and I love him, but I know if I dont change or find a way to get my sex drive back, I will lose him to someone else. any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Are you getting any exercise? How have you been feeling about yourself lately? If you do not feel good both physically and emotionally, a sex drive can plummet. Try walking 15 minutes in the evening. Also try reading a sexy story to get in the mood. Remember, you have been rejecting him so you have to let him know that you are up for romance. Most men will give up after being turned down too many times. Most of all you should discuss with him that it is not "him" specifically, but you have no sex drive. Discuss in a non sexual place (over lunch) and focus on how you feel. It's not too late to change the direction you are heading. Good luck and keep me posted.

October 10, 2005, 8:40 am CDT

child please

Quote From: kcitsme3

Are you getting any exercise? How have you been feeling about yourself lately? If you do not feel good both physically and emotionally, a sex drive can plummet. Try walking 15 minutes in the evening. Also try reading a sexy story to get in the mood. Remember, you have been rejecting him so you have to let him know that you are up for romance. Most men will give up after being turned down too many times. Most of all you should discuss with him that it is not "him" specifically, but you have no sex drive. Discuss in a non sexual place (over lunch) and focus on how you feel. It's not too late to change the direction you are heading. Good luck and keep me posted.
two months for you. try  6 months going on 7. my drive is so far gone, it is stuck so far down in a jar of mollasses that you couldn't even slurp it up with a hot buttered biscuit let alone a corn bread fritter!!!!!!

October 10, 2005, 8:44 am CDT

numb

if there was a law stating you could not have sex it would be ok with me. my drive has long been gone.

October 10, 2005, 7:04 pm CDT

Toys

Quote From: preemie_3

My husband and I have been together for over six years. My sex drive has always been strong while his has always been weaker. We are both healthy but for some reason he reaches orgasm too soon for both of us. Then he has no interest in trying to continue. It is getting very frustrating for me because I am not  getting anything near satisfaction and its pushing me away. Any advice out there??
I suffer from a low sex drive and my boyfried has an extremely high one. We figured out that things like a clitoral stimulator and a cock-and-ball ring work the best for us. He last longer with the ring and I am pretty much guaranteed an orgasm with the stimulator.

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last