Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 17, 2008, 3:20 pm CDT

You misunderstood me

Quote From: perrin

i am personally more concerned that you think this a simple choice. i am a bisexual who didn't have any problems coming out to my family. i know that i didn't make a choice to be me. i just am. remember that we are who we are. we are born that way and will more than likely always be that way. be strong and love yourself.
 I do not think it is a choice at all nor do I think that it is changeable. First as a parent I had no clue about my son's orientation, call me naive. He does not  nor has he ever displayed characteristics that society stereotypes homosexuals as having. Secondly my reaction was what is called "normal" for most parents when their child "comes out". As I said, I am thankful that I went to counseling to understand my son better and to keep my relationship with my son - who is one of the most important person in my life and who I love very much.

I believe that homosexuality is biological - genetical or hormonal. It saddens me that society treats homosexuals so badly. Maybe that is why I grieved the way I did. I could forsee society persecuting my son for being born as he was.

I do not just accept nor just tolerate my son, I love my son wholly. I feel that every child deserves that unconditional love from their parent.

April 26, 2008, 7:04 pm CDT

definitely

I came out to the rest of my family this year. To my surprise, while they didn't all agree with it, they were very supportive. They decided that they would deal with it and love me regardless. They are crazy about my girlfriend. However, my friends were not as supportive. Don't get me wrong, some were. But there were some that were very cruel. I was raised in church, so many of my friends are there. Some said "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." It was very hurtful. I thank God for the ones who may not agree, but still love me. I don't expect everyone to go to Pride holding a rainbow flag, but I do ask that they respect my choice and my partner.

April 26, 2008, 7:07 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: crisisorchaos

I applaud any open gay men and lesbian women. I admire your courage and strength to take on the world and being comfortable with yourself to be able to tell the world who you really are inside and out. I respect your descision and think its great, I myself am not gay or bisexual even though I've had my share of experiences. I truly am ecstatic to tell you how glad I am. I wish you all the best.
thank you...I hope to completely become this person. The more mature I get and confident, the more people I tell. I've learned you have to be honest with yourself and tell yourself that you are YOU and that's all you can be. I try to tell myself that everyday until I believe it. Its so important to be true to yourself and not let people make you feel that you are less of a person simply because of who you choose to love.

May 16, 2008, 7:06 pm CDT

Homosexuality

I have Gay friends and what I once told one was that you first have to accept that you are gay..secondly you have to want to change, especially if you are a christian seeking to go to heaven. Also, no sin is greater than another....someone killing thousands of people is equal to someone who is a homosexual....thats the way God see's it..as far as why people are gay comes with different background stories..some people were either raped by opposite sex or same or some people were influenced to be that way..I personally do not look down on homosexuals and never will..its a spirit like all other spirits..and people can be delivered from it..if it anyone knows Donnie McClurkin, gospel artist, he was once gay BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD he is a hetersexual still standing and believing in God. I will not ever tell a person to stay in that place in their life but I will say do like let people mistreat you..God still loves you like he loves everyone else but he is awaiting at the door of your heart hoping you turn your life over to him..God bless all readers...

May 19, 2008, 6:43 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: lysapooh

I have Gay friends and what I once told one was that you first have to accept that you are gay..secondly you have to want to change, especially if you are a christian seeking to go to heaven. Also, no sin is greater than another....someone killing thousands of people is equal to someone who is a homosexual....thats the way God see's it..as far as why people are gay comes with different background stories..some people were either raped by opposite sex or same or some people were influenced to be that way..I personally do not look down on homosexuals and never will..its a spirit like all other spirits..and people can be delivered from it..if it anyone knows Donnie McClurkin, gospel artist, he was once gay BUT BY THE GRACE OF GOD he is a hetersexual still standing and believing in God. I will not ever tell a person to stay in that place in their life but I will say do like let people mistreat you..God still loves you like he loves everyone else but he is awaiting at the door of your heart hoping you turn your life over to him..God bless all readers...
Someone killing thousands of people is as bad to your God as someone who engages in consensual sexual acts?

You don't look down on gay people, but they are just as bad as someone who kills thousands of people?

I know lots of gay people who have never been raped....and I know straight people who have been raped.

May 20, 2008, 10:37 pm CDT

Wrong...

Quote From: lysapooh

This entire post is so wrong i am flummoxed to find words.  On every point just wrong.  Not to mention hurtful, judgmental and pious (aka holier than thou).  I do see some semblance of someone who truly believes in what they are saying and wishing to get people who they consider to have 'strayed' back on the 'right path'.  I just find it so wrong though.  Wrong is the word I keep returning to, with reason I believe.  I do not mean to offend the person who wrote this post, but I am overcome with incredulity with your logic - because IMHO it defies true logic. 

btw - I am a hetero married (for almost 15 yrs) mom of 5 kiddos.  So my disagreement with your logic isn't based in being very different from you.  Although perhaps I am - I do my utmost to live by the golden rule every moment of every day.  Based on this one post I am not sure you do. 

May 20, 2008, 10:44 pm CDT

clutterer...

Quote From: clutterer11

I do not think it is a choice at all nor do I think that it is changeable. First as a parent I had no clue about my son's orientation, call me naive. He does not  nor has he ever displayed characteristics that society stereotypes homosexuals as having. Secondly my reaction was what is called "normal" for most parents when their child "comes out". As I said, I am thankful that I went to counseling to understand my son better and to keep my relationship with my son - who is one of the most important person in my life and who I love very much.

I believe that homosexuality is biological - genetical or hormonal. It saddens me that society treats homosexuals so badly. Maybe that is why I grieved the way I did. I could forsee society persecuting my son for being born as he was.

I do not just accept nor just tolerate my son, I love my son wholly. I feel that every child deserves that unconditional love from their parent.
Very well said and I wish the best for you and your son.  I agree 100% with your last sentence and I believe it is the best gift a parent can give their child - to know they have unconditional love - I believe mine know it. Thx for sharing your story.

June 18, 2008, 8:21 pm CDT

The gay Way

Being Gay is not a sentence it is a cause for celibration. For all time men have been gay or bisexual reguardless of marital status. One may choose not to express those feelings with anyone or talk about it but we all find certain members of the same sex attracive more than others as well as members of the oposite sex. To express ones deeper feelings of love and devotion to another is nobel. It is a well know fact about the grecko-roman empire  that the absebce of gay love was cause for concern. All cultures make alowances for homosexuality because they have to. It is normal!  And was removed from the DSM series long ago as criteria for psychopathology. Freud, Ericson, From as well as Skinnner, I believe, all knew of the dualistic nature of the human being having both male and female characteristics. How we choose to express our sexuality should be irrelivant.  What is of more pressing concern is the homoscidal/suicidal trends that are pervasive in our society.

Gil Milller 6-18-08 Layman

August 12, 2008, 5:59 am CDT

male bi cd stress

i really cant go on, i  cant take it no more i cant live two diffrent lives

male and getting dress up as a famale and going out with guys im better off dead,

August 18, 2008, 2:17 pm CDT

Being Gay is a death sentence

Quote From: rachelsamantha

i really cant go on, i  cant take it no more i cant live two diffrent lives

male and getting dress up as a famale and going out with guys im better off dead,

you live like this and tell me if this is normal

First | Prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next | Last