Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 19, 2005, 4:22 am CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: hurtingurl

ok...i thought that i had all the respect there was when i said "ewwwwwww"..becuase she accused me of being gay & i was in complete shock at the moment & maybe wasnt thinking, but let me ask you one thing??...why are you so hurted by me saying that??...cuz ur gay you should be proud of it cuz if someone walks up to me & says "ewwwwww ur straight" i'd b like "ya & im proud of it..so what"yes it is ur choice all the way...its my choice to be straight & its your choice to be gay..no 1 made this decision but u...God did not lay a curse on u saying "ur going to be gay..blah blah blah & u diserve it"..no...our God is not like that..he is a loving God & he intended for man & women to make kids so therefore he had nothin to do with it cuz hes against it..it even says it in the bible..thats how i know & u were not born gay..there's no such thing& about the guy thing..i dunno if you should be with him or be with a girl..i dunno..its not my choice...just do w/e u feel in ur heart & souli hope i helped..c'ya

Thats great that when someone comes up to you on the street you would say "yeah and im proud" but your not exactly the most secure person with their sexuality if your immediate response to being questioned as gay is "ewwwww nooo". Thats not pride at being straight thats fear of not being!

To be honest im sooo fed up with the argument...god didnt make you gay blah blah read the bible.  Someone who can say in the same sentence, god is a loving god but will not tolerate and hates gay people .....i mean reaaaallllly. I seriously have said it before but im so glad my beliefs of god are of him as a loving person, completely tolerant and understanding of us and our free will which he gave us. The god you seem to worship who would damn someone for loving another human being just isnt one i can get behind...I cant believe that you are going to live your life so scared and resentful against anyone who chooses to live their life (and i mean their life!) differently......these are other human beings, other people with real feelings, with doubts, fears, hopes, dreams, and passions just like anyone else. We bleed, we laugh, we cry and we, like every other person in this world, are taking it day by day trying to be the best person we can be for our families, our loves, our kids, our parents, and our god. How can you treat another living thing with such distain and so little respect...it is beyond me. You may be straight, you may have sex with men, you may be a child of god in your eyes, and leading by "his example", but the little respect and compassion you seem to have for another human being in my eyes, just makes you sad. And i think your the one who needs help, not me, as i know how to respect another person and understand the beauty of whatever decision they make. At the end of the day, it doesnt come down to gay or straight, black or white, healthy or ill....it comes down to being a human being. Open up your heart and your mind just a little bit more, and maybe you wouldnt be so scared about other people or the way in which someone might percieve you.  

November 19, 2005, 12:20 pm CST

ok...

Quote From: gebham

Thats great that when someone comes up to you on the street you would say "yeah and im proud" but your not exactly the most secure person with their sexuality if your immediate response to being questioned as gay is "ewwwww nooo". Thats not pride at being straight thats fear of not being!

To be honest im sooo fed up with the argument...god didnt make you gay blah blah read the bible.  Someone who can say in the same sentence, god is a loving god but will not tolerate and hates gay people .....i mean reaaaallllly. I seriously have said it before but im so glad my beliefs of god are of him as a loving person, completely tolerant and understanding of us and our free will which he gave us. The god you seem to worship who would damn someone for loving another human being just isnt one i can get behind...I cant believe that you are going to live your life so scared and resentful against anyone who chooses to live their life (and i mean their life!) differently......these are other human beings, other people with real feelings, with doubts, fears, hopes, dreams, and passions just like anyone else. We bleed, we laugh, we cry and we, like every other person in this world, are taking it day by day trying to be the best person we can be for our families, our loves, our kids, our parents, and our god. How can you treat another living thing with such distain and so little respect...it is beyond me. You may be straight, you may have sex with men, you may be a child of god in your eyes, and leading by "his example", but the little respect and compassion you seem to have for another human being in my eyes, just makes you sad. And i think your the one who needs help, not me, as i know how to respect another person and understand the beauty of whatever decision they make. At the end of the day, it doesnt come down to gay or straight, black or white, healthy or ill....it comes down to being a human being. Open up your heart and your mind just a little bit more, and maybe you wouldnt be so scared about other people or the way in which someone might percieve you.  

let me get this straight: you & that other chick that replied here think that because my mind is so focused on being straight & obeying God i'm really trying to hide my-self cuz im gay???...no...that's not it at all...that just doesn't make any sence to me...so does that mean that since ur so focused on being gay ur really straight???..ok i have no clue why u guys even brought it up cuz it doesnt make any since what-so-ever~God doesn't hate people, he loves all the people that believe in him & if ur gay yes thats against his word, but i can't tell u if ur goin to Heaven or hell cuz thats his choice~my opinion is that ur closer to hell cuz ur doing the same sin over and over again...its just like if u kill sumone once then keep repenting & stuff & become a better christian u'll go to Heaven...or u keep killing ppl ur gunna go to hell~God says that if u keep doing the same sin over and over again u'll end up going to hell~yes, i know every 1 has feelings & stuff, but what have i said so far that is cruel towards them??...all i said was "ewwwwww"then u guys accused me of being gay~i dont hate gay ppl...i just think their decision is wrong but if they talk to me(as long as they dont hit on me)im ok with it & i'll talk & have a conversation with them but that still doesnt change what i believe~i am not full of disdain...im just speaking up for what God wants for every 1 & i can tell u right now..hes gosh dang proud of me~& i dont care what any of u guys say right now im not changing my mind cuz a lot of ppl i know & especially the # 1 person God think that its totally wrong~& im not scared of gay people if thats what u were saying

November 22, 2005, 3:57 am CST

Homosexuality

let me get this straight: you & that other chick that replied here think that because my mind is so focused on being straight & obeying God i'm really trying to hide my-self cuz im gay???...no...that's not it at all...that just doesn't make any sence to me...so does that mean that since ur so focused on being gay ur really straight???..ok i have no clue why u guys even brought it up cuz it doesnt make any since what-so-everGod doesn't hate people, he loves all the people that believe in him & if ur gay yes thats against his word, but i can't tell u if ur goin to Heaven or hell cuz thats his choicemy opinion is that ur closer to hell cuz ur doing the same sin over and over again...its just like if u kill sumone once then keep repenting & stuff & become a better christian u'll go to Heaven...or u keep killing ppl ur gunna go to hellGod says that if u keep doing the same sin over and over again u'll end up going to hellyes, i know every 1 has feelings & stuff, but what have i said so far that is cruel towards them??...all i said was "ewwwwww"then u guys accused me of being gayi dont hate gay ppl...i just think their decision is wrong but if they talk to me(as long as they dont hit on me)im ok with it & i'll talk & have a conversation with them but that still doesnt change what i believei am not full of disdain...im just speaking up for what God wants for every 1 & i can tell u right now..hes gosh dang proud of me& i dont care what any of u guys say right now im not changing my mind cuz a lot of ppl i know & especially the # 1 person God think that its totally wrong& im not scared of gay people if thats what u were saying

Look, Christianity is supposed to be about love and caring. Telling people that they are going to hell or that God does not love them is not the way to get them to change. I don't support being gay either, but that is their decision, not mine. That's between God and them to settle, but don't go around saying that God does not love them and crap like that. 

November 24, 2005, 4:10 am CST

Be a fellow creature with human dignity

ewwwwww...i am not gay & just because i chose to be straight that means im really gay??..what the heck that makes no sence what-so-everok gayis a stinkin choice..God did not intend for u to be gay if he is totally against..i think u guys should read this: 

Does Evil Exist?
>
>  Did God create everything that exists? Does evil exist? Did God create
>  evil?
>
>  The University professor challenged his students with this question. "Did
>  God
>  create everything that exists?" A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"
>  "God
>  created everything?" The professor asked. "Yes sir", the student replied.
>
>  The professor answered, "If God created everything, then God created evil,
>  since
>  evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we
>  are,
>  then God is evil." The student became quiet before such an answer. The
>  professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had
>  proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.
>
>  Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a ! question,
>  professor?"
>  "Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked,
>  "Professor,
>  does cold exist?" "What kind of question is this? Of course it exists.
>  Have you
>  never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.
>
>  The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the
>  laws
>  of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every
>  body
>  or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and
>  heat is
>  what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero
>  (-460? F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and
>  incapable
>  of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this
>  word
>  to describe how we feel if we have no heat."
>
>  The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?" The professor
>  responded, "Of course it does." The student replied, "Once again you are
>  wrong
>  sir, darkness does not exist either. Da! rkness is in reality the absence
>  of
>  light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's
>  prism
>  to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of
>  each
>  color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a
>  world
>  of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space
>  is? You
>  measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a
>  term used
>  by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."
>
>  Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" Now
>  uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We
>  see
>  it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's inhumanity to man. It is
>  in
>  the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These
>  manifestations are nothing else but evil.
>
>  To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it
>  does not
>  exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like
>  darkness
>  and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God
>  did
>  not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have
>  God's
>  love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no
>  heat,
>  or the darkness that comes when there is no light."
>
>  The professor sat down.
>
>  The young man's name -- Albert Einstein

Does God/The Devil Exist?

Did the Devil create everything that exists?

Does god exist?  

Did The Devil create goodness?
The University professor challenged his students with this question. "Did The Devil
create everything that exists?" A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"The Devil created everything?" The professor asked. "Yes sir", the student replied.

The professor answered, "If The Devil created everything, then the Devil created goodness,
since goodness exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we
are, then the Devil is good." The student became quiet before such an answer. The
professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had
proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.
Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a ! question,
professor?"
"Of course", replied the professor. The student stood up and asked,
"Professor, does cold exist?" "What kind of question is this? Of course it exists.
Have you never been cold?" The students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the
laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every
body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and
heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero
(-460? F) is the total absence of heat; all matter becomes inert and
incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this
word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?" The professor
responded, "Of course it does." The student replied, "Once again you are
wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of
light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism
to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each
color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world
of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You
measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a
term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does the Devil exist?" Now
uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see
it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's inhumanity to man. It is in
the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These
manifestations are nothing else but evil.

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not
exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of goodness. It is just like darkness
and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of goodness. The Devil did
not create goodness. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have
love present in his heart. It's like the heat that comes when there is no
cold, or the light that comes when there is no darkness. And the better world that

come when there is no narrow-minded peoples." 

Love your neighbour and let the phenomenon god devil be just two 

words that don’t mean a thing. 

Let friendship come to you and let us have a humane society

The young man's name – Tillfllig and hi´s from Europe

November 24, 2005, 8:42 am CST

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs to all!  Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving.
Michele

December 1, 2005, 2:31 pm CST

Just a Question??

So I just recently (6 months yesterday) have been in my first relationship with another women.  At first it was GREAT!!  We never fought, everything was good.  Now it just seems like any and everything can and does turn into a fight.  She has just recently (this week) started talking to her ex, the one she broke up with a week before we got together.  She did not brake up with this other girl to be with me.  I had no idea that I was interested in women!  But 6 months later I truly love her and she says she loves me too.  I am a single mom, so that throws a curve ball in to the relationship too.  Anyway onto my question... 

I just want to know if this is me over reacting to her 'decideing' that her and her ex should be friends, or if I should be worried that something else is going to happen?   

How do I have a relationship with a women?  I am just really confused and needed some true advice from lesbians, not straight girls! 

Thanks for your time 

December 2, 2005, 7:54 am CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: tdoerin1

So I just recently (6 months yesterday) have been in my first relationship with another women.  At first it was GREAT!!  We never fought, everything was good.  Now it just seems like any and everything can and does turn into a fight.  She has just recently (this week) started talking to her ex, the one she broke up with a week before we got together.  She did not brake up with this other girl to be with me.  I had no idea that I was interested in women!  But 6 months later I truly love her and she says she loves me too.  I am a single mom, so that throws a curve ball in to the relationship too.  Anyway onto my question... 

I just want to know if this is me over reacting to her 'decideing' that her and her ex should be friends, or if I should be worried that something else is going to happen?   

How do I have a relationship with a women?  I am just really confused and needed some true advice from lesbians, not straight girls! 

Thanks for your time 

In answer to your question, it all depends on how you feel about her being friends with her ex.  If it makes you feel uncomfortable then you need to talk to her about it.  If she loves you then she should respect your feelings on this matter.  However, if it does make you uncomfortable and she continues to have contact with her ex, then you need to decide if the relationship is worth the heartache to you.  It all depends on how you feel and what you are willing to deal with.  My girlfriend still talks to her ex. But they were doing the friend thing before I even met her.  At first I was suspicious and uncomfortable with it.  But she allowed me to listen to all of their conversations (unbeknownst to the other woman) and didn't leave me out of any functions until I was more comfortable with the situation.  Now, I don't have a problem with it because I know first hand where their relationship stands and what takes place in that relationship. However, I do know that after allowing me to be privy to the goings on in the relationship with her ex and I still wasn't comfortable with that she would have terminated the relationship, or I would have.  It just depends on u and ur g/f and what kind of compromises and/or sacrifices u r willing to make for each other.  Remember one thing though, "If you truely love each other then there is nothing that can't be worked out!"  Good Luck, hope I helped.

December 2, 2005, 12:44 pm CST

Thanks

Quote From: indnoutlaw

In answer to your question, it all depends on how you feel about her being friends with her ex.  If it makes you feel uncomfortable then you need to talk to her about it.  If she loves you then she should respect your feelings on this matter.  However, if it does make you uncomfortable and she continues to have contact with her ex, then you need to decide if the relationship is worth the heartache to you.  It all depends on how you feel and what you are willing to deal with.  My girlfriend still talks to her ex. But they were doing the friend thing before I even met her.  At first I was suspicious and uncomfortable with it.  But she allowed me to listen to all of their conversations (unbeknownst to the other woman) and didn't leave me out of any functions until I was more comfortable with the situation.  Now, I don't have a problem with it because I know first hand where their relationship stands and what takes place in that relationship. However, I do know that after allowing me to be privy to the goings on in the relationship with her ex and I still wasn't comfortable with that she would have terminated the relationship, or I would have.  It just depends on u and ur g/f and what kind of compromises and/or sacrifices u r willing to make for each other.  Remember one thing though, "If you truely love each other then there is nothing that can't be worked out!"  Good Luck, hope I helped.

Im glad that you said that you were allowed to listen to their conversations.  I asked her if she would let me read their emails.  She did agree but thought that it was VERY strange.  I really didn't know what else to ask.  Her and her ex have just recently decided that they should be friends, and no I am not comfortably with that yet, at all.  I really enjoyed your quote at the end.  Thanks for the advise.  I really do think that she loves me but I guess you never really know, right? 

Thanks 

December 7, 2005, 9:22 am CST

Homosexuality

How does a person know if they are homosexual or it is just a fantasy?   Does anyone have history to tell me about decisions you have made ?        Lona

December 16, 2005, 9:41 am CST

no Help for me

What is the use of having this board if no one will offer support. I thought this was an outlet for me to find some answeres about myself for myself. but I guess not. It has been over a week and no one has responded. I am really dissapointed in this site !!!!! 

Lona 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last