Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 16, 2005, 9:44 am CST

no Help for me

What is the use of having this board if no one will offer support. I thought this was an outlet for me to find some answeres about myself for myself. but I guess not. It has been over a week and no one has responded. I am really dissapointed in this site !!!!! 

Lona 

December 16, 2005, 9:50 am CST

No Help for Me...

I am really disapointed in this site. I thought this was going to be a good outlet for me to help find answeres for myself about myself but no one has posted anything in over a week.  This really makes me sad. I have no where else to go.                 Lona

December 16, 2005, 9:53 am CST

no Help for me

What is the use of having this board if no one will offer support. I thought this was an outlet for me to find some answeres about myself for myself. but I guess not. It has been over a week and no one has responded. I am really dissapointed in this site !!!!! 

Lona 

December 17, 2005, 10:31 am CST

hi Lona, 

It really hurts me to see someone so lost about him/herslef ... 

From my own experience, I have been a Homo since I was 12 years old. Ofcourse this was after series of molestation and child abuse from men in my family. I have found peace, love and saftey with mom, I guess thats why I see my happiness with women. I have become a Dyke -sorry to say this word but its the one I use always - after knowing that when you are a man you will be protected, so I tried my best to be tough and strong since that young age. and because my father made it worse in treating me like trash and beating me all the time,  and because of my mothers endless love I built this story board in my head not knowing that I am becoming a homosexual, 

but here I am ...  not 100% happy but at least I got a girlfriend who loves me regardless my moods and psychological disorders and I have a beautiful child, she is 4 months now. All I know is that  I will love her and give her all that I can ... 

I wish this answers your questions ... it is simply who you become or who you are, it doesn't really matter .. as long as you are happy and better than most of us :) 

December 17, 2005, 1:44 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: saddykie

hi Lona, 

It really hurts me to see someone so lost about him/herslef ... 

From my own experience, I have been a Homo since I was 12 years old. Ofcourse this was after series of molestation and child abuse from men in my family. I have found peace, love and saftey with mom, I guess thats why I see my happiness with women. I have become a Dyke -sorry to say this word but its the one I use always - after knowing that when you are a man you will be protected, so I tried my best to be tough and strong since that young age. and because my father made it worse in treating me like trash and beating me all the time,  and because of my mothers endless love I built this story board in my head not knowing that I am becoming a homosexual, 

but here I am ...  not 100% happy but at least I got a girlfriend who loves me regardless my moods and psychological disorders and I have a beautiful child, she is 4 months now. All I know is that  I will love her and give her all that I can ... 

I wish this answers your questions ... it is simply who you become or who you are, it doesn't really matter .. as long as you are happy and better than most of us :) 

Someone cares..................thank you.  I too was sexually molested, but by both females  and males .  It took years before I could even be with a female just to even talk. I was better suited with chit-chatting with the males. I have always been a tom - boy.  I was quite promiscuious through my growing up years, ( but have never had a relationship with a female), but now want nothing to do with sex, especially with men. I was abused many more years with them then females.  But I don't know if my feelings towards likeing women are because of the abuse or because I am a dyke. I am not affraid of being a dyke, since you want to use that word, my brother is gay, but I don't know how to understand my feelings. I was abused so much this is the only way I can talik about this. There is no way on God's green earth I could disscuss this in person with anyone especially if I knew them.  I just don't understand.                         Lona

December 18, 2005, 11:17 am CST

Hi

I'm not sure what to say and if my post with offer anything other than a 2 minute read to be honest. I have never been molested by anyone and haven't really had any bad sexual experiences. I'm Gay because i have always felt an attraction in some form or other towards women, whether it be growing up and finding women who i have generally just wanted to be around and spend more time with, or realising blantantly that i have found them attractive in a sexual way. I'm not sure how to answer your question about whether liking women is just a fantasy or whether your gay but heres some advice if it helps. Is the reason why you fantasise/think about women because you dont want to be with men and its a second option or do you think you might actually be gay despite of your bad experiences. In my mind i would seperate fantasy from reality by thinking to yourself whether you WANT to sleep with women. Is there a woman you may pass on the street that you think is attractive or is it limited to the women that you see on tv, because often these women can be strong, attractive and someone we would rather 'be' than sleep with. If that makes any sense.  Sorry if this is incoherent. Whether your gay or not, or a dyke or not, i think you should just wait and see, let things take their course naturally. spend some time speaking to some people who are gay and see if you can relate with things they are saying. Or if anything ever develops with a woman then just let it happen slowly, you dont have to define yourself before anythng can happen. The need to pigeon hole ourselves or define ourselves is overwhelming but i would say given your past experiences you might be more comfortable just making friends of the gay persuasion first so that you do begin to feel more comfortable talking face to face with either women or men.... 

Sorry i hope this makes sense, and if you need/want to chat about anything i could try anf offer some advice.

Take Care 

Gem 

December 18, 2005, 2:48 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: gebham

I'm not sure what to say and if my post with offer anything other than a 2 minute read to be honest. I have never been molested by anyone and haven't really had any bad sexual experiences. I'm Gay because i have always felt an attraction in some form or other towards women, whether it be growing up and finding women who i have generally just wanted to be around and spend more time with, or realising blantantly that i have found them attractive in a sexual way. I'm not sure how to answer your question about whether liking women is just a fantasy or whether your gay but heres some advice if it helps. Is the reason why you fantasise/think about women because you dont want to be with men and its a second option or do you think you might actually be gay despite of your bad experiences. In my mind i would seperate fantasy from reality by thinking to yourself whether you WANT to sleep with women. Is there a woman you may pass on the street that you think is attractive or is it limited to the women that you see on tv, because often these women can be strong, attractive and someone we would rather 'be' than sleep with. If that makes any sense.  Sorry if this is incoherent. Whether your gay or not, or a dyke or not, i think you should just wait and see, let things take their course naturally. spend some time speaking to some people who are gay and see if you can relate with things they are saying. Or if anything ever develops with a woman then just let it happen slowly, you dont have to define yourself before anythng can happen. The need to pigeon hole ourselves or define ourselves is overwhelming but i would say given your past experiences you might be more comfortable just making friends of the gay persuasion first so that you do begin to feel more comfortable talking face to face with either women or men.... 

Sorry i hope this makes sense, and if you need/want to chat about anything i could try anf offer some advice.

Take Care 

Gem 

Actually what you say does make sense.  I find that I am sexually attracted to women because I want to have sex with them and I also see them in a loving way.   I had a crush on my second grade teacher, which was a female, and then that summer I was molested by a female. By  third grade it had stopped.  then   from high school till about 4 years ago I was sexually abused by many men.  All this time I really would like to have relationships with females. I can't believe I am being so honest !  but most of the time there is the relationship part rather than the sex part. sure I would like sex, but just the cuddiling, and hugging and just being with that someone is more appealing.  The sex would be on the back burner.  Is there something wrong with that ?  Now ....am I making sense ?                    Lona

December 19, 2005, 10:53 am CST

Interesting Thought

Hi All, 

I am a 20 year old gay male who is in hot pursuit of that special someone. I have not however told my parents about my sexuality. At one point I had told my mother I was bisexual however that wasnt the truth and wasnt accepted.  My mother told me to be out of the house in a couple of months if I " was going to live like that." So I "straightened up" just to save my skin.  Me and a girl are "boyfriend and girlfriend" or according to my mother however inside I am not this straight man but this defiant gay man who would really love to tell my mother my true identity.  I am afraid. I am afraid of rejection and being thrown out because family has always been a big thing with me. Especially since I never knew my biological father. It hurts me that I can not tell her this. What should I do? 

December 19, 2005, 1:30 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: lonalea200

Actually what you say does make sense.  I find that I am sexually attracted to women because I want to have sex with them and I also see them in a loving way.   I had a crush on my second grade teacher, which was a female, and then that summer I was molested by a female. By  third grade it had stopped.  then   from high school till about 4 years ago I was sexually abused by many men.  All this time I really would like to have relationships with females. I can't believe I am being so honest !  but most of the time there is the relationship part rather than the sex part. sure I would like sex, but just the cuddiling, and hugging and just being with that someone is more appealing.  The sex would be on the back burner.  Is there something wrong with that ?  Now ....am I making sense ?                    Lona

Absolutely your making sense. Dont think that your alone in just wanting cuddling and wanting to put sex on the back burner for a while because i think at one point or another most women have also felt, i just need holding and loving rather than sex, tho dont get me wrong, sex is also (with the right person, and when ready as u probably know) very intimate way of showing someone u love them. Definately nothing wrong with you just wanting to bipas the sex part, especially if ure not ready considering what happened. I think you will be surprised at how understanding someone will be of that, and dont be afraid slowly to put yourself out there. Get to know someone definately, and then maybe in a few yrs or so something will turn into more than friendship, or it could happen next week if you wanted it to really.  

Im in a relationship with a woman, and we've been together a yr and a half now and altho i have to say the sex is amazing, sometimes it is nice to just cuddle up and snuggle :) so your not alone in thinking that...your part of the 98% of women out there i think :) 

Hope that makes any kind of sense, not sure if i had a point there or not though..heh.  

Gem 

December 19, 2005, 1:31 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: gebham

Absolutely your making sense. Dont think that your alone in just wanting cuddling and wanting to put sex on the back burner for a while because i think at one point or another most women have also felt, i just need holding and loving rather than sex, tho dont get me wrong, sex is also (with the right person, and when ready as u probably know) very intimate way of showing someone u love them. Definately nothing wrong with you just wanting to bipas the sex part, especially if ure not ready considering what happened. I think you will be surprised at how understanding someone will be of that, and dont be afraid slowly to put yourself out there. Get to know someone definately, and then maybe in a few yrs or so something will turn into more than friendship, or it could happen next week if you wanted it to really.  

Im in a relationship with a woman, and we've been together a yr and a half now and altho i have to say the sex is amazing, sometimes it is nice to just cuddle up and snuggle :) so your not alone in thinking that...your part of the 98% of women out there i think :) 

Hope that makes any kind of sense, not sure if i had a point there or not though..heh.  

Gem 

Hey just wondered, what would you do if your mums never going to be okay with you being gay? would you stay in the closet for her? Nothing wrong with that if its you choice, just wondering thats all. 

Gem 

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last