Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 19, 2005, 4:20 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: gebham

Hey just wondered, what would you do if your mums never going to be okay with you being gay? would you stay in the closet for her? Nothing wrong with that if its you choice, just wondering thats all. 

Gem 

As for me I couldn't let my mother or father know. My brother is gay and they don't accept him at all.  He is considered the black sheep of the family and is " going to hell". You know the whole religious thing.  I have kind of hinted to my brother with some questions, but am affraid to come right out and say I am gay because I have been so brain washed by my parents all these years. I don't believe my brother is going to hell nor is anyone else.  But when you have had it thrown in your face for so long and I have been expected to be on each others side, which I am on my brothers side, it can really effect a person. I too can't take rejection.  And that is exactlly what I would get from mom and dad. I think I would like to talk to my brother about it but am afraid.  I have had many friends, male and female that are gay or lesbian and all my friends accept them, why am I so afraid ?   I don't know what to do.             Lona 

December 19, 2005, 8:25 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: lonalea200

As for me I couldn't let my mother or father know. My brother is gay and they don't accept him at all.  He is considered the black sheep of the family and is " going to hell". You know the whole religious thing.  I have kind of hinted to my brother with some questions, but am affraid to come right out and say I am gay because I have been so brain washed by my parents all these years. I don't believe my brother is going to hell nor is anyone else.  But when you have had it thrown in your face for so long and I have been expected to be on each others side, which I am on my brothers side, it can really effect a person. I too can't take rejection.  And that is exactlly what I would get from mom and dad. I think I would like to talk to my brother about it but am afraid.  I have had many friends, male and female that are gay or lesbian and all my friends accept them, why am I so afraid ?   I don't know what to do.             Lona 
Just like to say that I talked to my brother tonight. He wasn't very sympathtic but he never really has bee about anything. So it doesn't supprise me.         Lona

December 23, 2005, 6:25 am CST

hey

Just like to say that I talked to my brother tonight. He wasn't very sympathtic but he never really has bee about anything. So it doesn't supprise me.         Lona
I'm having the same problem, I am also very afraid for telling it to others; like family and friends. And I have no friends who are gay. There is no room for gay people in our family and in my relationships with my friends. But it's very easy to say like everybody does: just tell it, don't be ashamed if you like people of the same sex. But that are people who aren't in the saome position and don't anderstand that family is very important for us. So I can't give you good advise, because I also don't know what the do, but I just want to say that there are others just like you, and also having the same difficultes like you. And i support you with the disiccion you make. And hopofully you're famlily will accept it! Greetz Angelique

December 23, 2005, 10:48 am CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: angelke

I'm having the same problem, I am also very afraid for telling it to others; like family and friends. And I have no friends who are gay. There is no room for gay people in our family and in my relationships with my friends. But it's very easy to say like everybody does: just tell it, don't be ashamed if you like people of the same sex. But that are people who aren't in the saome position and don't anderstand that family is very important for us. So I can't give you good advise, because I also don't know what the do, but I just want to say that there are others just like you, and also having the same difficultes like you. And i support you with the disiccion you make. And hopofully you're famlily will accept it! Greetz Angelique
 It is so good to hear I am not the only one with the same feelings and situations.  I finally told a friend about being a lesbian and she was understanding, but said I shouldn't go around telling everyone till I know for sure I am one. I hate to break this to her but if I didn't feel like I was a lesbian why would I say I felt this way.  Thank you for your message it really helped me and it is good to hear from someone else. It seems like no one likes to post on this site.  Please...if you feel like chatting....let me know.                    Lona

December 28, 2005, 10:53 am CST

Suppression of Internal Conflict ?

It is so good to hear I am not the only one with the same feelings and situations.  I finally told a friend about being a lesbian and she was understanding, but said I shouldn't go around telling everyone till I know for sure I am one. I hate to break this to her but if I didn't feel like I was a lesbian why would I say I felt this way.  Thank you for your message it really helped me and it is good to hear from someone else. It seems like no one likes to post on this site.  Please...if you feel like chatting....let me know.                    Lona
I find it sad when I read about how those who confide their confused state of sexuality (same-sex attraction) to friends and family, are met with disapproval or disdain. If ANYONE should be unconditionally supportive, it should be those in someone's inner circle. I know my reference to homosexuality as a "confused state" is going to anger some, but this is not my intent. I have a cousin (male) who has been struggling with his sexual identity for years now. A long time ago, I told him that it would not change my feelings for him no matter what he "was," but that he may want to speak with both a priest (spiritual counselor) and psychiatrist trained in dealing with dysfunctional sexuality. When an individual finds themselves sexually attracted to members of the same sex, there has to be conflict based upon the basic and primative knowledge that this is just not right. While it is true that God made everyone, this is not to say that God "made" someone homosexual any more than God "made" someone afflicted with any other genetic malformation. Since men cannot give birth from their posterior and women cannot impregnate themselves with sexual implements, it can never be said that God "intended" that there be sexual relations between individuals of the same sex.  Accordingly, I would strongly advise anyone who calls themselves "gay" or "bi-sexual" to at least attempt to seek counseling with an open mind. This way, when they speak to family and friends about the matter, they can also state that they are seeking counseling to deal with it themselves. I wish you all luck.

December 28, 2005, 2:59 pm CST

Homosexuality

HI there! im new to the message boards and thought id introduce myself first. im kylie and i really like helping people. 

I feel really bad for you. Im 13 years old and im not gay but I have a problem with people who have something against it. There are many people in this world who are gay and very very nice. i have a friend nextdoor who is 15. him and his brother each have 2 moms and 2 dads. it has been hard for some of there friends accepting it and arent friends with him because of it. both couples are extremely nice people and now people look past it. i dont believe that anyone who is gay will go to hell, in fact honestly i dont think there is a hell. if god didnt want gays here he wouldnt of mad them. i hope that people will not look at you differently for it and accept you for who you are inside. and remember, your not alone. 

December 29, 2005, 2:35 am CST

Hurting so bad

Ive been married for 17 years come January 7. Many years ago my husband whom I love very dearly told me he was bisexual and I accepted that because he told me he would never cheat on me because he loved me. But I learned recently he has been talking to a homosexual man online for eight months and now he says he isnt in love with me anymore ..hes in love with this man. He has only met this man once for 10 minutes as he lives about an hour away from us. We have two children and Im just devestated and heartbroken. Can this man be a con artist and trying to con my husband? This man has made threatening phone calls to our home saying Id better stop fighting for my husband and he told me son to shut up. My son is ten years old. Im so depressed and confused. Please help. 

December 29, 2005, 8:30 am CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: momof5here

I find it sad when I read about how those who confide their confused state of sexuality (same-sex attraction) to friends and family, are met with disapproval or disdain. If ANYONE should be unconditionally supportive, it should be those in someone's inner circle. I know my reference to homosexuality as a "confused state" is going to anger some, but this is not my intent. I have a cousin (male) who has been struggling with his sexual identity for years now. A long time ago, I told him that it would not change my feelings for him no matter what he "was," but that he may want to speak with both a priest (spiritual counselor) and psychiatrist trained in dealing with dysfunctional sexuality. When an individual finds themselves sexually attracted to members of the same sex, there has to be conflict based upon the basic and primative knowledge that this is just not right. While it is true that God made everyone, this is not to say that God "made" someone homosexual any more than God "made" someone afflicted with any other genetic malformation. Since men cannot give birth from their posterior and women cannot impregnate themselves with sexual implements, it can never be said that God "intended" that there be sexual relations between individuals of the same sex.  Accordingly, I would strongly advise anyone who calls themselves "gay" or "bi-sexual" to at least attempt to seek counseling with an open mind. This way, when they speak to family and friends about the matter, they can also state that they are seeking counseling to deal with it themselves. I wish you all luck.
 To me you are just putting it very nicely that you think it is wrong in your mind and in Gods eyes. Thanks for your concearn.          Lona

December 29, 2005, 8:35 am CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: kylie17

HI there! im new to the message boards and thought id introduce myself first. im kylie and i really like helping people. 

I feel really bad for you. Im 13 years old and im not gay but I have a problem with people who have something against it. There are many people in this world who are gay and very very nice. i have a friend nextdoor who is 15. him and his brother each have 2 moms and 2 dads. it has been hard for some of there friends accepting it and arent friends with him because of it. both couples are extremely nice people and now people look past it. i dont believe that anyone who is gay will go to hell, in fact honestly i dont think there is a hell. if god didnt want gays here he wouldnt of mad them. i hope that people will not look at you differently for it and accept you for who you are inside. and remember, your not alone. 

It is so odd that someone of your age would have to be dealing with issues like this, but now a days I guess things are different.  I think younger people are accepting gay people , it is the " old timers " that have  a hard time accepting someone who is gay. I too feel we are not going to hell, but it has been  pounded into our heads for so long that we are  brain washed. Which makes us afraid. Well at least me anyway.  Thank you for your understanding words and support. Oh....Have a great day   Lona

January 1, 2006, 9:26 pm CST

It Strikes Me Odd....

It strikes me odd how people really care and want to chit chat on this board. I am glad I don't want to commit suicide, I would have been dead a month ago !!!  Thanks people !    Lona

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last