Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 21, 2008, 1:02 pm CST

Homosexuality

I do not believe the dogooders in your audience today.  Do these "believers of God "understand that 60% of married men commit audutery in their so called sanctity of marriage?  Do they understand half of all marriages fail?  I just wish people could be more compassionate and understanding of other peoples beliefs.  What a fantastic world this would be if all the Religious people of the world would just mind their own business. When they are all free of sin, maybe then their opinion might hold more significance in this matter of sexuality. God made us different for a reason, and I can guarantee it wasn't to judge anyone.  Diversity is what makes the world go round.  Why can't we all just embrace the differences and accept the opinions of others, whether we agree of not!   Thank you , Cindia Cyr

November 21, 2008, 1:06 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: clayton3479

Being gay is a choice?  Does that mean being straight is a choice?  That idea is wrong in every since of the word.  You see, I'm attracted to women.  Not because I choose to be attracted to them, but because I just am.  What's natural for me may not be natural for others.

And PLEASE...for the love of God...Dont bring the Bible into this.  Yes, we all know that homosexuality is a sin.  You should RE-READ your Bible.  You will find that NO MAN is free from sin and no sin is greater than the other.  Sin is sin to God, whether is be murder or the theft of a dollar.  They are the same in God's eyes.  So, since NO MAN lives sin free, that makes you a sinner as well.  That makes you un-qualified to judge how others live, especially when it effects you in absolutely no way.  What was it Jesus said?  "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

So, the only REALIZATION there is here is your own personal one.  If you dont like homosexuals or there ways, THEN DONT BE GAY.  How other people live is NO ONE's business but their own.  So, all of you Bible-thumping hypocrits should look at your own lives before you start judging the lives of others.  This is a FREE country.  If you dont like how others live because it violates something mentioned in the Bible...heres a suggestion.  Get over it.  The day that you live sin free will be the day when it's okay for you to tell others what they are doing wrong.  By the way, judging is a sin as well, but it didn't stop you from doing it.

Proverbs 28:13 says, "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."  You're right that homosexuality is a sin . . . and that all sin is sin.  My spending too much money is a sin.  And I've had to confess it and forsake it over and over.  It's hard to do what's right - everyone struggles with it because we were born with a sin nature . . . I didn't have to teach my kids how to hit each other and throw fits:)  But, thankfully, God does love everyone (and I know I don't deserve His love!). 

November 21, 2008, 3:02 pm CST

A perspective from the north

This is an issue of civil rights and of civil marriage.  In the six years that same sex marriage has been legal in the province of Ontario and in the 4 years it has been legal in the whole of Canada, no one has been forced to preform any marriange ceremony that they did not agree to.  No legal  or civil action has been taken against any organized religion for not performing a gay marriage...and by the way gay marrianges have a higher success rate.  In addition there have been no laws propsed for incestual marriages or for any other variants.   So get over the retoric and propaganda.

In a country who's constitution sets out a separation of church and state, where is the separation?  In a country which has been know through it's constitution for it's inclusiveness in the world, where is the inclusion?"

November 21, 2008, 3:28 pm CST

gay marriage

Quote From: harlysmom

I do not believe the dogooders in your audience today.  Do these "believers of God "understand that 60% of married men commit audutery in their so called sanctity of marriage?  Do they understand half of all marriages fail?  I just wish people could be more compassionate and understanding of other peoples beliefs.  What a fantastic world this would be if all the Religious people of the world would just mind their own business. When they are all free of sin, maybe then their opinion might hold more significance in this matter of sexuality. God made us different for a reason, and I can guarantee it wasn't to judge anyone.  Diversity is what makes the world go round.  Why can't we all just embrace the differences and accept the opinions of others, whether we agree of not!   Thank you , Cindia Cyr

Do these people realize how many "straight" relationships end in divorce because they are forcing gay mem and women to try strraight marriage?   Do they discuss straight marriage in the second grade? Homophobic folks can go to their church that is against gay marriage and gays can go to their church that supports gay marriage.  The government should just isssue the license.

November 21, 2008, 3:49 pm CST

What is wrong with the world?

This is absolutely disgusting, I just dont understand where these three people are coming from.  I am so sick and tired of hearing that gay marriage is against most religions.  If that is the case, please answer this question for me.  If god created all the humans on earth and it is against most religions to be gay, then how and why did God put them on earth?  It makes no sense at all, these people are racists, biggets and they need to be re-educated.  I thought this was 2008 and I want to know what happened to Human Rights?  What gives someone the right to tell someone else how to live their lives.  It's just increddible.  The world needs to wake up and understand that not everyone single person is the same.  I am not a religious person at all, I am also not gay or married, but I believe everybody should have equal rights.  I dont believe in God  I believe in Evolution so does that mean I cannot get married?  I am a compassionate person, who cares for everyone regardless of their race, color, culture or language they speak.  I was taught to treat everyone as I would want to be treated.  I have quite a few gay friends and even a couple who has been married now for 3 years.  I think its great, if it makes you happy and that is what you want GO FOR IT.  It does not affect how I live my life on a personal level, infact Gay Men make the best friends.  How can you say that gays are not loosing their civil rights they are just loosing the right to use the word marriage?  Who said that word belongs to you, and like I said, I dont believe in god so does that mean I cannot get married?

November 21, 2008, 4:08 pm CST

Bigger fish?

Hello Americans,

WOW, how much money was raised on this fight? If only that money could have been spent on your future America. In one of the worst times in your history this is the issue you are most concerned with?

Have you forgotten the poverty rates in your country? Have you forgotten the illiteracy rates in your country? Have you forgotten your health care "system"? Have you forgotten the amount of street drugs that have infected your youth and future? Have you forgotten the state of your economy? I could go on.

I'm confused... I'm baffled.

God bless Canada, I'm so lucky.

November 21, 2008, 4:41 pm CST

Same Sex Partners

Good Evening Dr. Phil -

My Partner and I just finished watching your show on Same Sex Marriage and the Proposition 8 Amendment in California. We have been Partners for over 13 years. We also had a "Right of Commitment" ceremony in a local Gay church about a year after we met. We are also "Registered Domestic Partners" here in Broward County, Florida. While Jim and I both agree on thedefinition of Marriage, we have issues with the Gay Community in having a Marriage license. If the Gay Community had decided on the word/term of Civil Union and the governments across the country passed laws as Domestic Partners who are given the same Equal Rights as Heterosexual couples, then chances are this would probably not even be an issue. But because some gay people want to have a marriage license, I feel this has created the uproar that we are seeing across the country. Here in Broward County, Florida, we too had a similar amendment on Election Day called Amenment 2. This Amendment was also passed by the people of the state of Florida. I feel that if we can change the wording from Marriage to Civil Union/Domestic Partners, the gay community can have a much greater peace with the heterosexual and religous communities. And now here is my Partner Jim with his side of the story.

Hello Dr. Phil -

I was very pleased at how you presented both sides of the issue today. I was married for 20 years and had 2 children and now have 2 grandchildren who know and love my partner. But that is another story. I really wanted to comment on gay couples having children. I am a Mental Health Professional and my feeling is that - children will identify with their parents and my concern is that - i.e. with 2 men raising a daughter -who is the female figure that she will identify with. My concern is that it may confuse the children as they enter adulthood and begin to interact with other men and women. As Terry said- if only we (gays) would have presented this as "DOMESTIC PARTNERSHIP", rather than a "MARRIAGE", we be more accepted and to be honest, Terry and I do not neet to be married to have a good relationship. We also have a strong Spiritual relationship not necessarily connected with the organized religous community. However, we were both brought up in the standard Christian experience. We do not reject that, but choose to follow our beliefs that God is definitely guiding our lives.  Well I could go on and on. We just wanted to express our opinions and feelings about the issue.

God Bless You for what you do. You have changed many lives. Thanks for the opportunity to express ourselves. Call if you want to know more and how we expereince this.

Terry Wright and Jim Knisley

November 22, 2008, 2:10 pm CST

Gay Marriage

Do these people realize how many "straight" relationships end in divorce because they are forcing gay mem and women to try strraight marriage?   Do they discuss straight marriage in the second grade? Homophobic folks can go to their church that is against gay marriage and gays can go to their church that supports gay marriage.  The government should just isssue the license.

November 24, 2008, 10:20 am CST

What a ridiculous debate!!!

What a stupid, STUPID thing for Americans to be fighting about. What a waste of time and money. This extreme, narcississtic way of thinking is the reason this planet is so completely screwed up.  Both sides (but especially the anti-gay side) have a superiority complex and that must be put to a STOP. I live in Canada where gay marriage is legal, and our country is practically the same way it was before-not that Americans care. Me? I hate our sex-obsessed society and have no desire to spend my life with anyone,  same or opposite. 

PS: They're lying when they say it has nothing to do with religion.

November 26, 2008, 2:28 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: doomsdaydiva

What a stupid, STUPID thing for Americans to be fighting about. What a waste of time and money. This extreme, narcississtic way of thinking is the reason this planet is so completely screwed up.  Both sides (but especially the anti-gay side) have a superiority complex and that must be put to a STOP. I live in Canada where gay marriage is legal, and our country is practically the same way it was before-not that Americans care. Me? I hate our sex-obsessed society and have no desire to spend my life with anyone,  same or opposite. 

PS: They're lying when they say it has nothing to do with religion.

Dude, good thing you do live in Canada, and, just so you know, this sort of thing has always been an issue through out history, some society's accepted it and some didn't. Our don't accept it and the next society probably will.

First | Prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next | Last