Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 26, 2008, 2:34 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: harlysmom

I do not believe the dogooders in your audience today.  Do these "believers of God "understand that 60% of married men commit audutery in their so called sanctity of marriage?  Do they understand half of all marriages fail?  I just wish people could be more compassionate and understanding of other peoples beliefs.  What a fantastic world this would be if all the Religious people of the world would just mind their own business. When they are all free of sin, maybe then their opinion might hold more significance in this matter of sexuality. God made us different for a reason, and I can guarantee it wasn't to judge anyone.  Diversity is what makes the world go round.  Why can't we all just embrace the differences and accept the opinions of others, whether we agree of not!   Thank you , Cindia Cyr

How much you wanna bet that half those men and women who are married do not talk to each other? My parents are not part of that statistic! yay for them!

November 26, 2008, 2:39 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: clayton3479

Being gay is a choice?  Does that mean being straight is a choice?  That idea is wrong in every since of the word.  You see, I'm attracted to women.  Not because I choose to be attracted to them, but because I just am.  What's natural for me may not be natural for others.

And PLEASE...for the love of God...Dont bring the Bible into this.  Yes, we all know that homosexuality is a sin.  You should RE-READ your Bible.  You will find that NO MAN is free from sin and no sin is greater than the other.  Sin is sin to God, whether is be murder or the theft of a dollar.  They are the same in God's eyes.  So, since NO MAN lives sin free, that makes you a sinner as well.  That makes you un-qualified to judge how others live, especially when it effects you in absolutely no way.  What was it Jesus said?  "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

So, the only REALIZATION there is here is your own personal one.  If you dont like homosexuals or there ways, THEN DONT BE GAY.  How other people live is NO ONE's business but their own.  So, all of you Bible-thumping hypocrits should look at your own lives before you start judging the lives of others.  This is a FREE country.  If you dont like how others live because it violates something mentioned in the Bible...heres a suggestion.  Get over it.  The day that you live sin free will be the day when it's okay for you to tell others what they are doing wrong.  By the way, judging is a sin as well, but it didn't stop you from doing it.

Okay, I gree with everything in this post except the choosing/not choosing thing.

To be or not be is the question...! you CHOSE to be what you are. End of story. I say that because you CANNOT prove it any other way. Being born means that it has to be in the genes. You are born with blond hair, you have blue eyes, blah, blah, blah and so on. You are born with a personality that is essentially crafted as you grow. Still, that does not explaint he sexual orientation. If my sister came to me and was all "I'm lesbian" I'd have to ask her who/what made her chose to become Lesbian. It just is not in your genes, show me the boody gay/lesbian genes that decides one orientation and I shall bow to science, but since you can't....well...not my loss that you are deluding yourself, making up excuses just because you know you have no legs to stand on.

Otherwise, I agree with everything else that you said.

November 26, 2008, 3:12 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: canadalady31

Hello Americans,

WOW, how much money was raised on this fight? If only that money could have been spent on your future America. In one of the worst times in your history this is the issue you are most concerned with?

Have you forgotten the poverty rates in your country? Have you forgotten the illiteracy rates in your country? Have you forgotten your health care "system"? Have you forgotten the amount of street drugs that have infected your youth and future? Have you forgotten the state of your economy? I could go on.

I'm confused... I'm baffled.

God bless Canada, I'm so lucky.

OMG, wow, maybe we should let the French govern us instead!!! [please note the sarcasm in my tone]

The French are so cool! I am sure they can do better than Obama, ah heck, anyone can do better than Obama! [note, I am still being sarcastic].

November 26, 2008, 3:19 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: lameilea

This is absolutely disgusting, I just dont understand where these three people are coming from.  I am so sick and tired of hearing that gay marriage is against most religions.  If that is the case, please answer this question for me.  If god created all the humans on earth and it is against most religions to be gay, then how and why did God put them on earth?  It makes no sense at all, these people are racists, biggets and they need to be re-educated.  I thought this was 2008 and I want to know what happened to Human Rights?  What gives someone the right to tell someone else how to live their lives.  It's just increddible.  The world needs to wake up and understand that not everyone single person is the same.  I am not a religious person at all, I am also not gay or married, but I believe everybody should have equal rights.  I dont believe in God  I believe in Evolution so does that mean I cannot get married?  I am a compassionate person, who cares for everyone regardless of their race, color, culture or language they speak.  I was taught to treat everyone as I would want to be treated.  I have quite a few gay friends and even a couple who has been married now for 3 years.  I think its great, if it makes you happy and that is what you want GO FOR IT.  It does not affect how I live my life on a personal level, infact Gay Men make the best friends.  How can you say that gays are not loosing their civil rights they are just loosing the right to use the word marriage?  Who said that word belongs to you, and like I said, I dont believe in god so does that mean I cannot get married?

This is absolutely disgusting, I just dont understand where these three people are coming from.  I am so sick and tired of hearing that gay marriage is against most religions.  If that is the case, please answer this question for me.  If god created all the humans on earth and it is against most religions to be gay, then how and why did God put them on earth? 

God has given all humans the right to chose for themselves. God will not make some one do something if they do not want to, if someone loves God, they will chose the path God would have them chose in the first place.

I thought this was 2008 and I want to know what happened to Human Rights?  What gives someone the right to tell someone else how to live their lives.  It's just increddible.  The world needs to wake up and understand that not everyone single person is the same. 

It may be 2008, but this sort of oppresion has gone on forever. The Jews were oppressed during Hitler's reign, THe Blacks were oppressed since America started to be Colonised by the French, Spanish, Dutch and English. Morons are oppressed, Christians are oppressed, if you think about, everyone in some way is oppressed.

I dont believe in God  I believe in Evolution so does that mean I cannot get married? 

Go ahead by all means.

Gay Men make the best friends

totally!

Who said that word belongs to you, and like I said, I dont believe in god so does that mean I cannot get married?
FOrget about sexual orientation, but yeah, you can get married...

November 27, 2008, 11:29 pm CST

Homosexuality

Quote From: toshinshi

(* The Dr. Phil site needs more variety. This is the best place I could find to post my problem.*)
    I almost envy you gay guys. I know its hard, but once you come out  you can go about finding 'someone'.
I'm transsexual. I like men; but instead of being happy as a normal straight girl my mind is fixed on becomeing a man. I cannot see myself loving a man as a woman. I know you all think I'm crazy for wanting the life of a gay man over a straight girl, and I agree. I've felt this way for a long time now and I'm pretty young, so I think this is built-in. Its problematic, I'm something of am extream sexest to women because of it and certain members of my family (grandpa) like to call me a dyke. T_T;
 I admit, I do try my hardest to look male; even to the point of degrading my health. But its no good. Looking like a man doent mean anything unless your anatomically one.
I need a little help; what should I do? Seek counciling? Persue it? Or should I just give up and put on a dress? I doubt I could ever afford the surgery (around $50,000 at least), and the result isnt exactlly 'good looking'. Most of all what and how should I tell my folks? My big sis knows and I think my mom does, but what about everyone else? I'm very confused...
Hi, I sort of know what you're going through. I was born female and around puberty I started to feel like a man, dispite being atracted to them. I started horomes and changed my identity at 18 and had chest surgery at 23, now I'm 25. THINK HARD before you do anything. You might want to put off any surgery untill later in life, after all you don't need it to change your idenity. It's a hard life, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy and I'm truly sorry if you end up haveing to live it. At age 25 I've never been on a date, never been kissed or even hugged by a guy. I probably never will. No one wants a F2M transexual, exept for people with fetishes who want just sex. I've learned this over 7 years of trying. About 2 years ago I was so despirit I thought maybe if I lose wieght and look really good, someone would have me, now I have an eating disorder. It gets worse, about a year ago my personality softened a lot and now I'm wondering if I could have been happy as a woman. Part of me has a strange but very strong desire to have a baby, I don't know why but I know it can never happen and when ever I see happy families with babies part of me dies a little. On top of that I've been haveing pain on the side of my abdomine, in an area that has only intestine and an ovary. The hormones I take give me a 1 in 4 chance of haveing polycystic overian syndrom, but even if I had medical insurence, its not like a man can go to a gynocologyst. That reminds me, polycystic ovarian syndrome can cause transgender feeling, so if you have insurece you may want to get checked. And then of course theres the fact the transgendered people are treated so badly. I'm very sorry to be so negitive, but I know you're going to hear people tell you they changed their sex and now everything is fine, and I want you to know it can go the other way. I wish someone had told me.

December 23, 2008, 11:35 pm CST

My Experience w/ Homosexuality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6v6jws--Vc

April 9, 2009, 6:31 am CDT

Why was i born like this ????

Hi,

I am 28 years old women with about 12 women who walked into my life, wanted to live with me. I dress absolutely like a guy and most of the women whom I have been close to have enjoyed my presence and been with me at bed and when I start to realise that I can't live without them or she is the one made for me, they just leave me in tears for a real man. I have had many women who get impressed by me wanting to do anything for me but all shortlived. I am in love with a women now who promised to live with me and now she comes back to me not even wanting to see my face. I feel I am dead, men keep away from me because of the way I dress and some women too... I am lonely.  I can never imagine a guy in my life I want my love back.. help me how to handle this.

May 29, 2009, 1:50 pm CDT

Homosexuality in Islam

Homosexuality is an abominable conduct and a heinous habit which people inherited from the people of Lout (Lot), may Allah exalt his mention.  

Because of the enormity of this sin, Allah inflicted a severe punishment on them, which Allah mentioned in His Book "Quran".  Gabriel took these people up to the first heaven and then he turned them down on earth. We ask Allah to protect us. This punishment is enough a deterrence. 

Condensed Version of Lot's Story

Then, when the Messengers (the angels) came unto the family of Lot, he said: "Verily! You are people unknown to me." They said: "Nay, we have come to you with that (torment) which they have been doubting. And we have brought to you the truth (the news of the destruction of your nation) and certainly, we tell the truth. Then travel in apart of the night with your family, and you go behind them in the rear, and let no one amongst you look back, but go on to where you are ordered."  

And We made known this decree to him, that the root of those (sinners) was to be cut off in the early morning.  

And the inhabitants of the city came rejoicing (at the news of the young men's arrival). (Lot) said: "Verily! These are my guests, so shame me not. And fear Allah and disgrace me not." They (people of the city) said: 'Did we not forbid you to entertain (or protect) any of the 'Alamin (people, foreigners, strangers, etc.) from us?" (Lot) said: "These (the girls of the nation) are my daughters (to marry lawfully), if you must act (so)."  

Verily, by your life (0 Muhammad), in their wild intoxication they were wandering blindly. So As-Saiha (torment - awful cry, etc.) overtook them at the time of sunrise; and We turned (the towns of Sodom in Palestine) upside down and rained down on them stones of baked clay. Surely! In this are signs for those who see (or understand or learn the lessons from the Signs of Allah). And verily! They (the cities) are right on the highroad (from Mecca to Syria, i.e. the place where the Dead Sea is now). Surely! Therein is indeed a sign for the believers. Surah 15: 51-77  

Allah the Exalted also declared: So We saved him and his family, all, - except an old woman (his wife) among those who remained behind. Then afterward We destroyed the others. And We rained on them a rain (of torment). And how evil was the rain of those who had been warned. Verily, in this is indeed a sign, yet most of them are not believers. And verily! Your Lord, He is indeed the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful. Surah 26: 170-175 

Lot's Life after Sodom

The book was closed on the people of Lot . Their towns and names have been erased from the face of the earth. Gone are they from memory. One book was closed of the books of corruption.  

Lot proceeded towards Abraham . He visited him, and when he recounted the story of his people, he was surprised to learn that Abraham already knew. And so Lot continued to invite people to Allah, as did Abraham , the patient one who turned to Allah repentantly, and the two held firm to their mission. 

Dr. Phi, Please read more about Lot "Lut" in Islam to know also talk their language of knowing that it's a sin, unacceptable by all means to humans, Oh God, it will open a door for punishment from GOD if we let them keep going with it. 

May 30, 2009, 10:45 am CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: nomorenames

Hi,

I am 28 years old women with about 12 women who walked into my life, wanted to live with me. I dress absolutely like a guy and most of the women whom I have been close to have enjoyed my presence and been with me at bed and when I start to realise that I can't live without them or she is the one made for me, they just leave me in tears for a real man. I have had many women who get impressed by me wanting to do anything for me but all shortlived. I am in love with a women now who promised to live with me and now she comes back to me not even wanting to see my face. I feel I am dead, men keep away from me because of the way I dress and some women too... I am lonely.  I can never imagine a guy in my life I want my love back.. help me how to handle this.

Get a new wardrobe?

First | Prev | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Next Page | Last Page