Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 20, 2005, 7:15 am CDT

Courage website

Here is the Courage website. 

http://couragerc.net/ 

October 22, 2005, 9:43 am CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: hurtingurl

u can help who you love...you werent born to be gay..cuz thats just like saying u were born to kill..thats the same thing..so u had a choice to be gay..no 1 had control over it but u. 

What are you even doing back here?
 Ok, I'm going to go back to one of the posts you had removed a while back. Just to make a point.
 *Direct quote here.
 " ya...actually God did chose who you want to spend your life with"
 Ok, if God has this almighty power to conrol our fate, THEN HOW THE HELL DID WE CHOSE TO BE GAY?! If he controls all, and can make us love, then how can we do against him? Now your saying we have all the control again.
You have contradicted yourself like this many times in your posts.
  To say the least, the only way for you to really understand that its not a choice is to truely know what it feels like to be gay, but you never will,you can't. And neither can I really.
As I have said in previous posts, I'm transsexual, not gay (yet). Ever since I was little, I prefered more boyish things and to have them as company. By middle school I wanted to be a man. Everything is different as a man, from how they use the batroom to how there treated in society. I crave it, to know what it feels like; not having breasts, arousal, climax, even riding a bike feels different. I know this isnt just some curiosity, its a mental flaw. I can't even watch a show or read a book if the main character is female. The female body is gross to me, I can't even really look in the mirror. In all my dreams and fantasies, I'm male; its haunting really. The fact that I cant even imagine myself with a man as a girl without wanting to cry.
 You can never understand how that feels. It's painful; and it definitely not a choice. Why can't you see that?
I say these thing not to say that everything you believe and say is wrong (which is what your saying), but to try to make you see things from our prospective. Its only fair to yourself to be able to see both sides of the story before forming your own choice about it. I'm not saying your wrong because you believe in God or anything. I say that your wrong because you don't fully understand. Once you can understand how we see things and understand our different viewpoint, and you still feel this way about us, then theres nothing wrong with it. Your intitled to your own opinion. And once you can show that you understand all the viewpoints of the topic, people will respect that opinion.

October 22, 2005, 9:52 am CDT

Homosexuality

just a question to hurtinggurl.....you say its a choice and that we werent born gay and that everyday we make the choice to be gay...if you really believe this, each day do u decide to be straight, and if so, if you have to think about who you are attracted to so much, maybe your gay....being straight shouldnt be a choice for you, it should be something you feel...if its not, id consisder taking a hard look at yourself and why you have to make this choice. 

;) just a thought. 

October 22, 2005, 9:56 am CDT

Homosexuality

In response to the courage website: "By developing an interior life of chastity, which is the universal call to all Christians, one can move beyond the confines of the homosexual identity to a more complete one in Christ"...Sorry to disillusion the courage supporters, but my being gay goes deeper than having sex with women......sex of course is fantastic! however....im deeeeeeep down gayer than gay...sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrry! :)  

October 22, 2005, 10:05 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: toshinshi

What are you even doing back here?
 Ok, I'm going to go back to one of the posts you had removed a while back. Just to make a point.
 *Direct quote here.
 " ya...actually God did chose who you want to spend your life with"
 Ok, if God has this almighty power to conrol our fate, THEN HOW THE HELL DID WE CHOSE TO BE GAY?! If he controls all, and can make us love, then how can we do against him? Now your saying we have all the control again.
You have contradicted yourself like this many times in your posts.
  To say the least, the only way for you to really understand that its not a choice is to truely know what it feels like to be gay, but you never will,you can't. And neither can I really.
As I have said in previous posts, I'm transsexual, not gay (yet). Ever since I was little, I prefered more boyish things and to have them as company. By middle school I wanted to be a man. Everything is different as a man, from how they use the batroom to how there treated in society. I crave it, to know what it feels like; not having breasts, arousal, climax, even riding a bike feels different. I know this isnt just some curiosity, its a mental flaw. I can't even watch a show or read a book if the main character is female. The female body is gross to me, I can't even really look in the mirror. In all my dreams and fantasies, I'm male; its haunting really. The fact that I cant even imagine myself with a man as a girl without wanting to cry.
 You can never understand how that feels. It's painful; and it definitely not a choice. Why can't you see that?
I say these thing not to say that everything you believe and say is wrong (which is what your saying), but to try to make you see things from our prospective. Its only fair to yourself to be able to see both sides of the story before forming your own choice about it. I'm not saying your wrong because you believe in God or anything. I say that your wrong because you don't fully understand. Once you can understand how we see things and understand our different viewpoint, and you still feel this way about us, then theres nothing wrong with it. Your intitled to your own opinion. And once you can show that you understand all the viewpoints of the topic, people will respect that opinion.

well put

October 23, 2005, 3:20 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: indnoutlaw

AMEN!!!  I totally agree with you.  It's not easy and it's one of the most difficult things that any gay person ever has to do in life.  "Ex-gays" were either never gay to begin with or they just went back into hiding.  The pressure to conform is so enormous, even in today's more accepting society.  Why can't people let others live their own lives?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  Are they just so bored with their lives that they have to try and find fault with other people's?  And why does every dicussion about homosexuality always lead into a debate about what the bible says or doesn't say?  In my opinion, if that's the best that homophobics can come up with then they need to get a clue. 
  its odd that everytime whether someone was alcoholic ,drug user, or gay.......WHY IS IT THAT THEY WERE ONCE HIGH ON DRUGS/ALCOHOL/GAY AND NOW THAT GET HIGH ON RELIGION????? ALWAYS ONE EXTREME TO ANOTHER

October 24, 2005, 2:42 pm CDT

Huh?

Quote From: txmxgrl

its odd that everytime whether someone was alcoholic ,drug user, or gay.......WHY IS IT THAT THEY WERE ONCE HIGH ON DRUGS/ALCOHOL/GAY AND NOW THAT GET HIGH ON RELIGION????? ALWAYS ONE EXTREME TO ANOTHER
I don't understand what it is that you are trying to say/ask. Please elaborate so that I can have a chance to reply.

October 25, 2005, 9:05 am CDT

I think...

I think that you American people can learn a lot from the Duth people. In Holland it's legal to marry some one of your own sex. Why? Because gay people love each other just as much as heterosexual people. And they have the same rights to show their love.

October 25, 2005, 2:06 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: indnoutlaw

I don't understand what it is that you are trying to say/ask. Please elaborate so that I can have a chance to reply.

exgays.....in my opinion there is no such thing.. but turning to religion can be used as an excuse to be an "out " for their mistake. Religion is a powerful thing and if you are with the Bible than society will back you in your time of change and welcome any "confused" person back.  Alcoholics are the same or at least from what people i have encountered.  Both cases their addictions have changed from gay/alcoholic to religious quotes.  

October 26, 2005, 11:59 am CDT

Gays

The thing with this GAY issue now could be eliminated.......if things like sexual preference were kept where it should.....IN THE BEDROOM.  I never told my children or anyone about my sexual desires or actions with my husband.  My Daughter, like Angela feel that it's 2005 and OUT it should be.  Has cause major problems in our family, as there is my 9 yr old granddaughter involved with this.  Had she just kept this relationship with her new GAY gf in prospective, our family would be ok now.  But no.........it has to be jammed down our throats and accepted cause it's 2005.....BIG MISTAKE on her part! 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last