Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 30, 2005, 6:52 pm CDT

Not letting others judge my choices

I decided a long time ago I would not let others judge me for my choices. I will be who I am because it is who I am. And those that don't like it, well that's just too bad. I am not defined by others but only by myself and God. And each day, I know that I made the right choice for myself.

October 1, 2005, 4:17 pm CDT

Quote From: gebham

Hi, just wanted to say again i think its incredibly...dont think brave it the right word....strong maybe better?..i think its incredibly strong of you to want to wear a tux to your prom. I think ure inspiring as a human being to be honest, the fact that you want to be yourself and arent prepared to conform to wat others may want you to do...especially when the others may be your parents.  

I still find myself conforming a little to wat my parents want from me. Im completely out to them but i still do things so they dont feel uncomfortable. for example; it was there 25t wedding anniversary and i pretended to be 'friends' with my girlfriend so they wouldnt feel uncomfortable around their friends. If i were single i wouldnt have a prob not mentioning my sexuality, its not all of who i am, but the fact that ive been with my partner a yr and a bit, i really felt like i was being disrespectful to her, and to hurt her is beyond the last thing i would ever do.  

Its still a bit difficult around my parents. 

Any advice?
G x 

Thank you Gebham, your a good e-buddy.
 My parents and I are very close and open. The only reason my mom says she doesnt want me to wear a tux is because shes worried about my best interests and well-being. She has said in casual talk that she wouldnt mind if I was gay as long as I was happy. But I think my mom has only had bad exsperiences with transsexuals. She had one named C.J. work with her for a while. C.J. was a black man who desperately wanted to be a woman. He had had implants and was on hormone injections. He also wore make-up and fake nails. Everyone hated him and talked about him constantly. She also knew on that went to the caf'e at Sam's (where she works) that looked really odd and everyone stared at him and mumbeled things. I think she believes that if I go on like this openly I'll be ridiculed like the elephant man and be miserable. I know the people in the south are ignorant , rude, and cruel; but if things keep up as they are I really think I might  really try to commet suicide (not that it would work...) Worst part is I can't even seek counsiling because all the psycologists are booked with Katrina and Rita people. At least I can vent here when I need to... and play video games.

October 3, 2005, 4:03 pm CDT

<<; >>;

Ignore the bottom of that last post. Mood swings sure can  make you say weird things.......

October 6, 2005, 9:06 pm CDT

Gay? Who knows

All I have to say is...................To each its own!   I am definetely not one to judge others.   If you are happy - thats ALL that matters!    If you want to be with the same sex,  that's YOUR decision.   NO ONE is able or capable to judge others!    Its up to each individual.    I am a straight female and there is not one gay person that bothers me.  It's totally up to YOU to decide who you want to be with - not me,  nor others!     So,  have at it and do your own thing! 

October 7, 2005, 6:05 pm CDT

Homosexuality

A lot of my friends are bisexual, and I don't care in the least. It doesn't matter who you're attracted to: either way, you have a perfectly good chance of finding someone who will love you for who you are. Nothing else matters. :-)

October 7, 2005, 8:34 pm CDT

You're awesome!

Quote From: fabala

A lot of my friends are bisexual, and I don't care in the least. It doesn't matter who you're attracted to: either way, you have a perfectly good chance of finding someone who will love you for who you are. Nothing else matters. :-)

Finally there's someone out there who isn't afraid to accept EVERYONE. About a month after we started college last year, my best friend told me he was gay. At first I was a little shocked, but I think I knew the whole time. It hurts me that he can be himself at school, but never wants to go home because we're from a very conservative part of Ohio. He feels uncomfortable around people, afraid to come out to his parents (although his little sister knows, and does not mind one bit). He shouldn't have to pretend to be someone he isn't just because some people in this country are uncomfortable. Just because he likes guys doesn't mean he's attracted to every one that walks by. I was raised as a Catholic. I went to the catholic school, was confirmed...the whole deal. Yeah, maybe I am going against my religion by supporting him (and all of his/my other homosexual friends), but I would never give up our friendship over something like this. We even became closer after he came out. He could finally be himself around me. I love seeing him happy. There's nothing mentally wrong with him...if some people may think that. I believe God makes everyone just as he wants them to be...and everyone has a purpose in the world. My friend was Valedictorian of our senior class, in NHS, make the dean's list in college and has tons of friends to support him. Some quotes that I remember from him are.... 

...."we the people means EVERYONE" 

...."Love is love...no matter what sex you are." 

I just wish that everyone could learn that everyone isn't like they are. Maybe they should go out and meet some gay men or some lesbians...just so they know how much they are like everyone else. They feel pain, sorrow, happiness, regret and anger. I know for a fact that if some of those ignorant people out there who dont care to accept the different people of the world  would meet my BEST FRIEND they would honestly love him just as much as I do.  

October 7, 2005, 8:34 pm CDT

Homosexuality

who the hell are we to tell people how to live and who to love. i am so sick of people telling people what is wrong and that god will condem them i am straignt but i do know gay people. god forgives all people are in jail for murder and we all know they find god and they are forgiving. people need to start minding their own business instead of being up in verybody elses. do you think most open gays are sitting at home wondering what you think, i dont think so. somebody once said the people you hate either dont know or dont care and you are wasting your time dont you have anything else to worry about. hmmm maybe your own business. people might get along better  and the world would be better if everybody worried about more iimportant things than getting on gay people.

October 7, 2005, 8:37 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: toshinshi

...Yeah... thats just stupid.
 Do you honestly think we just all woke up one morning and thought "Hmmm. I think I'm going to be gay and hated and shunned by all of society. I feel like having my own parents hate me." Cuz thats what you just said.
First of all, homosexuality has been scientifically proven. Its caused by a malformed gland in the brain. Homosexual activity is even seen in nature. It's a normal phenomenon as old as time. Secondly, as I said before, gays have been around since before Crist. Even King James (the one that wrote a version of the Bible) was gay. Thirdly, think about it. God didnt write the Bible, man did. At the time wars, and sickness was taking so many lives, they couldnt afford not to propogate. If you notice, nothing is ever directly said against lesbians, because you can hold a girl down.
   I believe in God. I believe that an all powerful being created Earth, man, and all the animals (even if it took a few billion years of tries to get it perfect). And I believe he loves us all; and sometimes, maybe just to spice things up, he gives us flaws.
 I know what the Bible says, but forget that for a moment and think like a human, not a Lutheran, or Catholic, or Jew, and think; Why would someone CHOSE to be gay? To be hated and meserable there whole lives. To never be fully accepted by society. To have that stigma and hatred follow them forever. To never truely be happy. To sometimes have to hide your true feelings your entire life. Who would chose that?
 I wake up almost every morning wishing I could just be happy as a girl; but I can't. No matter how hard I try, no matter how depressed and desperate I get. I can't help it. As a little kid, before I even knew what gays were, I knew I was different. Did I chose that? No. I live in North Louisiana, the center of the BibleBelt; where God is everywhere. Why would I chose to be this way? Where everyone stares just because I wear loafers and t-shirts.
   If you can honestly know a gay person, be their friend, and then turn around and tell them their going to Hell, then I truely pitty you more than them.
I'm wondering if that other person who you're replying to made a choice to be straight. I'm straight. I dont recall thinking to myself one day "should i be gay or straight?" I hate when people try to say that "it's a choice"....that's so ignorant. They need to come out of their little bubble and look at the world around them. The bible doesnt say "love one another....except the gays..."

October 8, 2005, 5:48 am CDT

Total Agreement

Quote From: jenn_1785

Finally there's someone out there who isn't afraid to accept EVERYONE. About a month after we started college last year, my best friend told me he was gay. At first I was a little shocked, but I think I knew the whole time. It hurts me that he can be himself at school, but never wants to go home because we're from a very conservative part of Ohio. He feels uncomfortable around people, afraid to come out to his parents (although his little sister knows, and does not mind one bit). He shouldn't have to pretend to be someone he isn't just because some people in this country are uncomfortable. Just because he likes guys doesn't mean he's attracted to every one that walks by. I was raised as a Catholic. I went to the catholic school, was confirmed...the whole deal. Yeah, maybe I am going against my religion by supporting him (and all of his/my other homosexual friends), but I would never give up our friendship over something like this. We even became closer after he came out. He could finally be himself around me. I love seeing him happy. There's nothing mentally wrong with him...if some people may think that. I believe God makes everyone just as he wants them to be...and everyone has a purpose in the world. My friend was Valedictorian of our senior class, in NHS, make the dean's list in college and has tons of friends to support him. Some quotes that I remember from him are.... 

...."we the people means EVERYONE" 

...."Love is love...no matter what sex you are." 

I just wish that everyone could learn that everyone isn't like they are. Maybe they should go out and meet some gay men or some lesbians...just so they know how much they are like everyone else. They feel pain, sorrow, happiness, regret and anger. I know for a fact that if some of those ignorant people out there who dont care to accept the different people of the world  would meet my BEST FRIEND they would honestly love him just as much as I do.  

I admire your friend a lot for being himself. One of my lesbian friends pretends to like boys that I like in front of the rest of my friends so that people won't know, and I've pleaded with her to just stop lying about who she likes, but she feels that people will judge her. Sometimes I wonder why there aren't more openminded people in the world...I mean, what IS so different between a homosexual friend and a hetero? Their sexual orientation, perhaps, but why is that so important? Sure, a girl might not get to go out with her friend who's a homosexual guy, but you can still confide, trust and have fun with that friend. Religion doesn't influence me, of course, as I'm nearly an Athiest, but I find it ridiculous that anyone could believe that their Gods would deny love. Heck, the Bible displays things like sex and incest a hundred times over, and people ignore those...so why are they making such a big deal about same-sex couples?

Because they're afraid.

That's right. Because they're afraid of what they don't understand. Because they're afraid of change and difference. Fear is the only possible explanation for people being so strongly against it. But aren't some people rascist? We still respect African American people. Sometimes it is necessary to ignore some people's views in order to make things fair for everyone. It's a way of life.

October 8, 2005, 12:40 pm CDT

v.v;

Quote From: jenn_1785

I'm wondering if that other person who you're replying to made a choice to be straight. I'm straight. I dont recall thinking to myself one day "should i be gay or straight?" I hate when people try to say that "it's a choice"....that's so ignorant. They need to come out of their little bubble and look at the world around them. The bible doesnt say "love one another....except the gays..."

Thank you for agreeing with me. People like that really get me going. It's just upsetting that they would use GOD as a reason to hate. 

As more time passes it seems humans want to be more perfect, the don't want to believe that they have primal insticts like lust. Homosexuality and masturbation are so frouned on by so many societies, yet insest, rape, prostitution, adultry, and so many others can "be forgiven". 

And no matter how mush you want you can't get away from it. One of my sister's (and mine) best friends left college all the students woun't stop harrasing him. It was mostly the girls and black boys, two different kinds of people who, until recenly, were treated almost the same way. They claim "racesism" and "sexual harrasment" all the time, that 'people should all be treated equally' then they pull this kind of stuff. 

I would like to think that things are better up north for gays (in Texas a few years back, cops were attacking gays in there area with battons and nailed boards) but I'm sure its not true. 

We have a long way to go,and it may be the rapture before it comes, but we will prove them wrong and get our freedom from societies' hatred. 

great, now i'm depressed again....... 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last