Message Boards

Topic : Homosexuality

Number of Replies: 449
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:18:07 pm
Author : dataimport
Have you come out of the closet to find love and support? Or are those close to you having a difficult time accepting your lifestyle?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 8, 2005, 1:01 pm CDT

pretty much

Quote From: fabala

I admire your friend a lot for being himself. One of my lesbian friends pretends to like boys that I like in front of the rest of my friends so that people won't know, and I've pleaded with her to just stop lying about who she likes, but she feels that people will judge her. Sometimes I wonder why there aren't more openminded people in the world...I mean, what IS so different between a homosexual friend and a hetero? Their sexual orientation, perhaps, but why is that so important? Sure, a girl might not get to go out with her friend who's a homosexual guy, but you can still confide, trust and have fun with that friend. Religion doesn't influence me, of course, as I'm nearly an Athiest, but I find it ridiculous that anyone could believe that their Gods would deny love. Heck, the Bible displays things like sex and incest a hundred times over, and people ignore those...so why are they making such a big deal about same-sex couples?

Because they're afraid.

That's right. Because they're afraid of what they don't understand. Because they're afraid of change and difference. Fear is the only possible explanation for people being so strongly against it. But aren't some people rascist? We still respect African American people. Sometimes it is necessary to ignore some people's views in order to make things fair for everyone. It's a way of life.

Thats probably true in many cases. We have a tendancy to fear what we don't know. I admit even sometimes I do it. I see alot of strainge people in Sam's and to be honest, church people kinda creep me out too, but I'm always nice to them. I always smile and use the best of manners; even if its just a casual nod, I try to be nice. 

To ad to what you said about people fearing the unknown, I think common society, even school has fueled that fear and anger. Our abstenance teacher (reqiured cource) tried to pin AIDs on gay people. I nearly bit her head off. I had to explain that they now believe that it was mersonaries and explorers who brought it over by eating raw monkey brains (a delicacy to many native tribes), and that they now also think it could have been around earlyer. They think that the Black Paluge was AIDs. I don't think anyone believed me. They seem to want to make you believe that gays are (for lack of a better word) sluts who are filthy and full of STDs. They seem to try there hardest to make you hate them at a young age. 

Parents carry this on because they fear their children not being normal. They want them to be normal and popular because they believe that will give them an advantage in life. Its a cicle that will indeed take a long time to change. 

October 9, 2005, 6:03 am CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: toshinshi

...Yeah... thats just stupid.
 Do you honestly think we just all woke up one morning and thought "Hmmm. I think I'm going to be gay and hated and shunned by all of society. I feel like having my own parents hate me." Cuz thats what you just said.
First of all, homosexuality has been scientifically proven. Its caused by a malformed gland in the brain. Homosexual activity is even seen in nature. It's a normal phenomenon as old as time. Secondly, as I said before, gays have been around since before Crist. Even King James (the one that wrote a version of the Bible) was gay. Thirdly, think about it. God didnt write the Bible, man did. At the time wars, and sickness was taking so many lives, they couldnt afford not to propogate. If you notice, nothing is ever directly said against lesbians, because you can hold a girl down.
   I believe in God. I believe that an all powerful being created Earth, man, and all the animals (even if it took a few billion years of tries to get it perfect). And I believe he loves us all; and sometimes, maybe just to spice things up, he gives us flaws.
 I know what the Bible says, but forget that for a moment and think like a human, not a Lutheran, or Catholic, or Jew, and think; Why would someone CHOSE to be gay? To be hated and meserable there whole lives. To never be fully accepted by society. To have that stigma and hatred follow them forever. To never truely be happy. To sometimes have to hide your true feelings your entire life. Who would chose that?
 I wake up almost every morning wishing I could just be happy as a girl; but I can't. No matter how hard I try, no matter how depressed and desperate I get. I can't help it. As a little kid, before I even knew what gays were, I knew I was different. Did I chose that? No. I live in North Louisiana, the center of the BibleBelt; where God is everywhere. Why would I chose to be this way? Where everyone stares just because I wear loafers and t-shirts.
   If you can honestly know a gay person, be their friend, and then turn around and tell them their going to Hell, then I truely pitty you more than them.
heya, sorry just wanted to ask by the way if your on msn and if you minded me adding you? :) Upto you. No probs if not.
Gem xx

October 9, 2005, 12:50 pm CDT

Sure

Quote From: gebham

heya, sorry just wanted to ask by the way if your on msn and if you minded me adding you? :) Upto you. No probs if not.
Gem xx
 I'm not on MSN. I'm on AIM. But I can add that and my e-mail to profile for you.

October 12, 2005, 2:17 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: fabala

And I am saying what I think now: that your view is highly ignorant. God created both men and women, yes, but He didn't choose who those men and women went to spend their life with, and He obviously makes each person different. And being gay is not a choice: you don't choose one day to have your body be attracted to people of the same sex. I am heterosexual and always have been, but I find it rude when people start talking about "ex-gays" and saying that gays can be changed. Why do they need to change? And how do we know what those supposed "ex-gays" had to go through just to be called that? I bet that anyone would change who they are eventually if someone taught them their way of life was wrong every minute: look at the Native Americans being sent to "Americanizing" schools in the 1800s. "Ex-gays" either were not really gay in the first place to make publicity for the movement or are gays hiding their attractions as to fit in, and either way you look at it, it's wrong.
 AMEN!!!  I totally agree with you.  It's not easy and it's one of the most difficult things that any gay person ever has to do in life.  "Ex-gays" were either never gay to begin with or they just went back into hiding.  The pressure to conform is so enormous, even in today's more accepting society.  Why can't people let others live their own lives?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  Are they just so bored with their lives that they have to try and find fault with other people's?  And why does every dicussion about homosexuality always lead into a debate about what the bible says or doesn't say?  In my opinion, if that's the best that homophobics can come up with then they need to get a clue. 

October 13, 2005, 9:38 am CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: indnoutlaw

AMEN!!!  I totally agree with you.  It's not easy and it's one of the most difficult things that any gay person ever has to do in life.  "Ex-gays" were either never gay to begin with or they just went back into hiding.  The pressure to conform is so enormous, even in today's more accepting society.  Why can't people let others live their own lives?  It doesn't make any sense to me.  Are they just so bored with their lives that they have to try and find fault with other people's?  And why does every dicussion about homosexuality always lead into a debate about what the bible says or doesn't say?  In my opinion, if that's the best that homophobics can come up with then they need to get a clue. 

well said. hey if you feel like joining in the debate in the current new forum under 'gay marriage' all feel free. 

Its getting quite heated at the moment. 

October 13, 2005, 2:33 pm CDT

Cant find it....

well said. hey if you feel like joining in the debate in the current new forum under 'gay marriage' all feel free. 

Sounds good. Welcome back btw.
 An update on myself also. My mom found me a shrink and I go in for my first session tommorow. (^-^)
 Oh yeah, what happened to all of  'hurtngirl's posts? Not that I agreed with her on any point but she did keep the thread going...

October 13, 2005, 4:45 pm CDT

Homosexuality

sure, how do i find it, i'm kinda new to computers, and the internet

October 16, 2005, 1:16 pm CDT

Homosexuality

Quote From: kimmashour

who the hell are we to tell people how to live and who to love. i am so sick of people telling people what is wrong and that god will condem them i am straignt but i do know gay people. god forgives all people are in jail for murder and we all know they find god and they are forgiving. people need to start minding their own business instead of being up in verybody elses. do you think most open gays are sitting at home wondering what you think, i dont think so. somebody once said the people you hate either dont know or dont care and you are wasting your time dont you have anything else to worry about. hmmm maybe your own business. people might get along better  and the world would be better if everybody worried about more iimportant things than getting on gay people.

I totally agree with this.  

I believe that you can't help who you love. You can't tell yourself that you are going to love a man just because you are a woman,and it goes the same with men. 

I just don't see why people would think that we have some kind of control over this. 

People hate what they don't understand,atleast that is what I gather from this. But I do not hate homophobes for the fact that how is it right,if we start hating them then we're sinking just as low as them. Is that right?. No,I don't think it is. It's frustrating,but I think that we can all get through it together. 

October 16, 2005, 7:30 pm CDT

sure u can..

Quote From: hissatme

I totally agree with this.  

I believe that you can't help who you love. You can't tell yourself that you are going to love a man just because you are a woman,and it goes the same with men. 

I just don't see why people would think that we have some kind of control over this. 

People hate what they don't understand,atleast that is what I gather from this. But I do not hate homophobes for the fact that how is it right,if we start hating them then we're sinking just as low as them. Is that right?. No,I don't think it is. It's frustrating,but I think that we can all get through it together. 

u can help who you love...you werent born to be gay..cuz thats just like saying u were born to kill..thats the same thing..so u had a choice to be gay..no 1 had control over it but u. 

October 20, 2005, 7:01 am CDT

Courage

With the grace of God, all gays can lead a chaste life.  Look up a great organization called COURAGE. 

May our Blessed Mother lead you ever so gently to her son Jesus through the intercession of her prayers. 

God bless, 

Donna 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last