Message Boards

Topic : 11/20 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention

Number of Replies: 282
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 17, 2006, 12:50:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Sarah and Tecoa are 25-year-old twin sisters who had a normal childhood until their mom and stepfather divorced, and their world changed forever. Sarah and Tecoa say to fill the void, they turned to drugs and sex. Now, Sarah lives minute to minute on the streets, consumed with her quest for heroin and crack cocaine, and selling her body to pay for her drugs. Tecoa is currently clean, but not by choice. She’s been in jail, unable to do anything but think about drugs. She’s also six months pregnant. Joani, a former Dr. Phil guest and recovering addict herself, found Sarah on the streets and documented her days and nights for a month. Dr. Phil shows video footage to the twins’ mother, Cindy. How did she let her daughters’ lives get so out of control? Dr. Phil gets the twins off the street and into The Dr. Phil House to detox, and to get their lives back. With surprise visits from their past, a terrifying look into their future, and Dr. Phil helping them through it all, will Sarah and Tecoa commit to rehab and stay clean? Talk about the show here.

Please note: The on-the-street footage in this series was filmed by a concerned outside party and sent to the Dr. Phil show.  Upon receipt of this compelling video, the Dr. Phil show began immediate efforts to plan and arrange necessary interventions and inspire these young adults to get out of harm’s way.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 16, 2008, 8:17 pm CDT

11/20 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention

I started injecting heroin when I was 15, quickly became addited both mentally and physically and soon entered a four year run using every day except for the brief periods of detox using methadone at metro State Hospital in California (program no longer available, this was in the late 1970's) Or cold turkey.  I stoled anything I could get mey hands on, first from my family and friends and eventually scamming anyone I could.... moving on to boosting ( stealing from large stores then selling the items, sometimes out in the very parking lot I took the item from) then moved on to breaking into homes and busnesses. by the way I am white and female from a very well to do family. Although I was never a prostitute I did on occassion 'sleep around'  for the drug. My life consisted of waking early , throwing on the nearest pair of pants and shirt laying around and out I would go to hussle for money....

After being arrested, violating probation, getting arrested again for burglary I finally cleaned up for several years. used again for a few yrs was clean again for many years and then I had to get dental work done I had been clean so long I didn't think the vicadin RX would have any effect on me. After my tooth pain subsided I continued to take them when I ran out I started really obsessing about coping some smack. It was so wierd because I saw in myself the game i was playing to myself the lies the reasoning why I could just do it one time and get it out of my system the whole game but I just couldn't stop obsessing about it. It consumed my every thought. I was shocked that after so many years of not fixing, the drug could have that kind of affect on me, After fighting it for several weeks I finally subcombed and drove through a near by neighborhood where I knew I could find some herion. within one hour I was sticking a needle in my arm and that was it.... two years later i successfully stopped but now I am on methadone maintainance . that was ten years ago and I am way done on my dose, (7 mg). but I am kind of scared because I am kind of thinking about it alot again.

April 29, 2009, 9:14 am CDT

YOUR WRONG

Quote From: p52tex

Dr. Phil and anyone thinks rehab is going to help these girls is sadly mistaken. Methadone is the only answer for these two. I know so many people think methadone is so bad but believe me IT IS THE ONLY thing that may give these girl their life back. They are so far gone, rehab will not work. Let them get on a stable dose of methadone and for about 2 years of therapy then maybe they can began a slow taper off methadone. I know after 16 years of addiction no rehab, no cold turkey nothing worked for me.  UROD is a complete crazy idea. Why not just torture them. Sure UROD sounds great but it DOES NOT WORK... VERY EXPENSIVE and when you wake up you wish you were dead.

Well I could go on and on but why no agrees ,methadone is the only thing  for these girls if they want their life back it is the only way to go

METHADONE IS HEROIN,WAKE UP AMERICA ! PDF Print E-mail User Rating: / 0 
PoorBest  News - Newsflash Written by J 'Bunker' Hill  Tuesday, 28 April 2009 06:59

If you don't know anything about this drug, ask your "Adult Children" , they know all about it. Many people right in your community are on this DEADLY POISION, WAKE UP its HEROIN, prescribed for PROFIT.

Methadone is a cheap alternative to other opiate based medications which outweighs it potency when prescribing.  Doctors are prescribing this illicet drug (Like Candy) that was used my Adolph Hilter ! Do you think Hitler's decisions were rationale ?  This drug affects the decision making process in the brain. The addicted user's thought process is 'altered' at BEST !  

In 2004 close to 4000 people died from methadone. In 2005 Methadone was implicated in over 4700 deaths. That does not include auto accidents caused by those driving under the influence of methadone.  I know 4 people in the TS Lake Vermilion Area that have died from abusing this obscured Reabilitation program offered by our Government. How many do you know? 

www.HARMD.org   Please click this link to send letters directly to your congressman in support of our petition...we need additional support from elected officials 
http://www.petition2congress.com/2/1805/fda-petition-comments/
  Methadone Treatment and Protection Act 2009 Please email your state senators and congressman in support of this bill!! Please also email the legislative aides of the senators who are sponsoring this bill telling them your stories in support and click here to have your letters sent to your state congressmanhttp://www.petition2congress.com/2/1807/methadone-treatment-protection-act-2009/ Kerry_Ates@rockefeller.senate.gov,  Chris_Schloesser@rockefeller.senate.govTodd_Womack@corker.senate.gov,Paul_Palagyi@corker.senate.govAnne_Oswalt@corker.senate.gov,  Hunter_Bethea@corker.senate.gov,  (copy and paste address into your email)

First | Prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next Page | Last Page