Message Boards

Topic : 03/30 Nightmare Brides and Grooms

Number of Replies: 435
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 17, 2006, 12:52:01 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/21/06) Contemporary weddings have turned into five-star productions, with couples pulling out all the stops to shine on their special day. But what happens when the bride- or groom-to-be starts making diva-like demands? Mike and Jamie agreed to a small Vegas wedding, but that went out the window when Jamie switched her gown three times, rented a limo to drive her one block and upgraded her engagement ring. Mike says that Jamie also made him un-invite all of his friends and cancel his bachelor party! Are Jamie’s antics a hint of what’s to come in their marriage? Then, Nastassia complains that her husband-to-be, Richard, is cheap. She says he wants her to buy bridal flowers from the grocery store, have her mom sew her gown and even schedule the wedding before year's end so he can get a tax write-off! Will Richard’s tightwad ways force Nastassia to call off the wedding?  Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 6, 2007, 8:00 pm CDT

03/30 Nightmare Brides and Grooms

As for Jamie, she is just showing how "things" orientated the people of this world have become.  I don't have $200 worth of clothes in my whole wardrobe eventhough we could more than afford the $400 Jamie paid for new clothes but my family and I don't need them.  Food, a home, transportation, education, medical insurance and future stability for our family is more important than impressing people with clothing that you "have" to replace every season to keep up with trends.  Jamie isn't a bad person, she has just been misguided and suckered in by the marketting machine that makes millions off people just like her (some of these people would be on here badmouthing her too). 

I can't get over poor Richard and his victim mentality being judged. I wonder if he even thinks about how Nastassia felt being told not to take the pill or "you'll get some weight on you".  Fancy being judge by what you say Richard.  He'll only get worse if she keeps letting him stand over her and he'll get even worse still if she takes her power back.

July 2, 2007, 12:36 pm CDT

HaHa

We are still together and happy and out of debt ha ha ha! My evil plan to put her on a budget has worked for the most part. Who ever thought not being stressed over money would make a relationship better duh. To most of you people I have not beat,tortured,tied up or even killed her as most of you people might think. What a shock to some of you to actually be wrong about our relationship not having one bit of inside information to actually make an unbiased comment. Now understand that this post has sarcasm in it some will get it most may not. Its a good thing she didn't listen to you people and run away because she would never have gotten the new front loading washer and dryer I got her. Now I know a relationship isn't about buying her things but my clothes have never been cleaner.(this is more sarcasm)! Remember this no matter what you people think she still loves me. hahahahahahaha.

October 16, 2007, 5:42 am CDT

Marriage and brides hysteria

I really admire Dr Phil and his work, but every time there is a show about marriages and brides, he really disappoint me. He is talking as if there is a inborn white bride in every woman. I am a feminine heterosexual woman, but I couldn't dream about behave as all the totally chickenbrained brides in the show...not to mention mother-in-laws. He is using Robin as an expert, but she only represent one version of all this extreme bridezillas.

November 22, 2007, 7:05 am CST

Please let me know how you've been doing?

Quote From: thebloss

Hello, I got your message and I am so grateful to hear from people trying to help me because I really do need it and don't know where to turn.  Hearing other people's responses, helps me tremendously. 

I do have a pretty close friend who lives here who my husband has tried to alienate me from.  She's the only one I have and she has really been concerned lately and said something to me and that is what started the ball rolling.  If it weren't for friends, we couldn't survive.  I am so blessed to have her. 

I am going to try to look up some of these stories from people living with narcissists. It may help me in some way.  The prayers will help me the most though, thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.  I appreciate it so much.

Hi again.  Haven't logged on in almost a yr.  If you see my request for update from you, I hope you'll take a minute to let me know if you found help and proceeded to get out of your horrible situation.

Sincerely, foxiev

December 26, 2007, 8:14 pm CST

huh ???

Quote From: dagnacious

Me thinks thou doth protest too much!
 what the heck are you talking about ? 

First | Prev | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | Next Page | Last Page