Message Boards

Topic : 03/16 Rude Relatives

Number of Replies: 331
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 17, 2006, 12:54:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/22/06) Do you know someone who turns your stomach or makes you cringe the minute he or she walks into the room? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say their relative’s rude behavior keeps them on edge. Dana says her sister-in-law, Terri, is ruining her life. Dana accuses Terri of signing her up as a man on a dating site, and says Terri calls her offensive names like “dyke,” “bitch,” and “whore.” It’s gotten so bad that Dana prays every night that Terri would get hit by a bus so the endless drama could stop! Terri calls Dana a liar, and says she tried to hook up her husband with another woman. Will these sisters-in-law ever stop pointing fingers at each other? Then, Paula says she and her daughter, Dana, live in constant fear of her out-of-control son, Steven. She claims he calls her and Dana “f**king bitches” and “retarded,” and has even threatened to set their house on fire. Paula got so fed up that she and Dana moved across the state to get away from him! Is Steven’s toxic behavior all his fault, or is Paula partially to blame? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 22, 2006, 12:28 pm CST

Terri and Dana

Do you two have any idea how much you sound like  13 year-old girls?   Not the nice ones, the stupid, spoiled ones.

Do you realise that  comments like "She has VD." or "Here's an ad for a weight -loss method,"  are exactly what pre-teens do to each other?

Terri sinks to the lowest level with her  remarks like,"You were in the dumb class,"  and the large elaborated  body language and "reactions" to everything Dana says, as though she's in class miming behind the teachers back.  She exhibits an ugliness of manner I've seldom seen on TV.

Dana's violent threats border on the criminal and reveal a deep pathology.

Dr Phil is being very generous when he calls you attractive and smart.   Try taking a higher road, just once, respond to the next insult with silence, or "You're entitled to your opinion but I don't agree."  Your children deserve better role models or they'll end up in jail for killing someone and expecting others to think it's cute.

November 22, 2006, 12:28 pm CST

11/22 Rude Relatives

Quote From: our4sons

That's a very passive & manipulative way to handle the suituation, though.
I treat people's words like gifts, I have the choice to accept them  or not to accept them.  Why would I accept a gift that hurts me? 

November 22, 2006, 12:31 pm CST

Sister-in-laws

Satan is having a good ol time with those gals, especially the one who proclaims to be a christian.  Sorry lady, that's not how Christ would respond.

November 22, 2006, 12:38 pm CST

how sad

what a pity that these people have room in their lives for such hatred! I'm 31 years old and have 3 kids and i could never even imagine thinking that way about a stranger let alone someone who you are supposed to have a relation ship with. And i disagree with the person who wrote that just because you share the same dna you have to like the person. You don't necessarily have to like the person but you do need to make an effort especially for the sake of the other members of the family who are made to put up with such childish nonsense! If My kids ever spoke to someone in that way , i would be mortified. These women are both wrong and they 'll be embarassed when they watch the show. Maybe they'll think twice for the sake of the child who is witnessing this absurd behaviour! how terribly sad.

November 22, 2006, 12:59 pm CST

you have control

Dr. Phil, The 2 sisters-in-law say they want the issues to stop but they have not done anything to stop it.  E-mail has settings to not allow specific addresses, set it!  Change phone numbers and do not share them with those that insult, demean, or in any way distract.  If someone then uses the federal mail to threaten in the manner displayed on the show, it is criminal - file charges.  The one that utilizes these efforts is showing a true desire for the behaivior to stop.

I can only say that I too have had issues with family members.  I never had to go as far as I have noted above, but I have learned to not respond.  It is difficult, but not impossible to make it stop.

November 22, 2006, 1:02 pm CST

WOW

I feel so sorry for Steven.......he is in pain and no one in his family can see his accting out is a cry for help

November 22, 2006, 1:05 pm CST

I Pray Everyday

Quote From: lsangeloty

What a beautiful spirit Steven has.  As a mother of two teenage boys, I had such an urge to give him a hug and encourage him to follow his dream of being a naval officer.  I wish him only happiness from this day forward.  Let him prove to his mother what an awesome man he can be.  Best of luck, Steven.
I pray everyday that he proves me wrong!  Thank you for your thoughts.

November 22, 2006, 1:08 pm CST

Brother gone and I am happy about that

Its no secret in this family that my brother was wacko..... he was mollycoddled when he was young because he had afractured skull from a car accident. and that kind carried over to everything my mom did. She pacified him.

He was very very violent. he regulary beat me up and threw our mom around. It was not the best of life here.

When I woudl try and lodge comp,aints at teh police department my mom would intervene and say it was "just an argument.. ya know how it is".

One night I had to go to the emergency room because he had beat me in teh chest with his fist and caused my breast to swell up in one large blood pocket. I had a concussin and he threw our mom so she had afractured hip. Dod anyone do anything.. I tried but she called and said it was just one of thsoe htings. It was just one of thsoe things when he would go on tyraids for days at atime and hold us at gun point.. it was just  one of those bad nights.........she woudlsay.

My mom is gone and Yippie so is he........

Life is really gooooooooooood now. I am happily marie, my daughter is happy and I have a ownderful hubby and he indulges me into making dolls and working at home. we have a owrking farm and  all is right with the world.........
Sometime fate eventually intervenes and I am glad that it did.........

so things work out well .........

Back to beading...........

November 22, 2006, 1:09 pm CST

Rude Relatives

They're both the problem.. and good luck on finding a solution.

Just for the record.. The blonde has no business saying anything about Dana.. Dana's far more beautiful if we're just talking looks here.. than the blonde will ever think of being

November 22, 2006, 1:13 pm CST

One other thing..

To the Brother/Husband of these two.... FAMILY.. always comes first. Blood ties go far deeper than his relationship with the blonde.  Dump her. She's a loser. Make up with your sister and thank God that you have that family there. There's always more fish in the sea.. and better looking ones at that.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last