Message Boards

Topic : 03/16 Rude Relatives

Number of Replies: 331
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 17, 2006, 12:54:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/22/06) Do you know someone who turns your stomach or makes you cringe the minute he or she walks into the room? Dr. Phil talks to guests who say their relative’s rude behavior keeps them on edge. Dana says her sister-in-law, Terri, is ruining her life. Dana accuses Terri of signing her up as a man on a dating site, and says Terri calls her offensive names like “dyke,” “bitch,” and “whore.” It’s gotten so bad that Dana prays every night that Terri would get hit by a bus so the endless drama could stop! Terri calls Dana a liar, and says she tried to hook up her husband with another woman. Will these sisters-in-law ever stop pointing fingers at each other? Then, Paula says she and her daughter, Dana, live in constant fear of her out-of-control son, Steven. She claims he calls her and Dana “f**king bitches” and “retarded,” and has even threatened to set their house on fire. Paula got so fed up that she and Dana moved across the state to get away from him! Is Steven’s toxic behavior all his fault, or is Paula partially to blame? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 18, 2006, 10:34 am CST

11/22 Rude Relatives

Good Lord I shpould have read all of this before I posted before.  This whole gang is NUTS.  Nothing helps when they've been "raised" by wolves and have turned out carnivors by nature. 

November 18, 2006, 5:17 pm CST

Big Brother

My brother is a 69 yr old sociopathic, narcissitic, pathologic liar!  And that's his good side.  He had been living on the beach in cal. in a $1400.00 a month apartment.  He had been there for 22 years, doing pot daily, and drinking and using cocaine when he could get it.

He started calling my husband and myself about three months ago with tales of woe that included his loss of job,  being evicted from his apt. and that he had no money or credit cards left.  He said that he had made the decision that he "needed" to move back to Wisconsin to find a cheap apt. and maybe some kind of work.  He wanted to stay with us until he could get on his feet.  He did have a 1989 lexus, and thought it would make the trip.  This is the same man who was the perpetrator of my sexual abuse. I get sick to my stomach every time I had to see him(funerals,etc.).

Well, to make a long story boring,  we decided to give him the benifit of the doubt.  After all he was an old man now, so how much damage could he do?  We were all he had.

He drove to Wi. and proceeded tp sit in my husband's recliner with the remote in hand.  He never moved for two months!!  He ate us out of house and home, found fault with every apt. he saw, and we didn't see any end in sight.  I thought my husband was going to kill him!, and when I told him early on, that I was not going to cook for him or do his laundry,  He started eating breakfast out every day.  EVERY DAY!!!

Bythe 31st of Oct, 2006, 8 weeks since he arrived,  we told him to leave.  Then the tears came.  He had nowhere to go, no money, and he couldn't take the cold weather.!!  Anyway, he contacted his drug dealer in Ca. and she told him he could stay with her, and she would "help" him. HA!! Help him further down, that is.

Last we heard,he burned her out, and is now somewhere in Arizona. Thank God he is no longer in our hair

The funny thing is,  I am  mental health, and AODA counselor.  Thank God I know better than to say I should have known better.  There's something about family.  You always want to give it just one more try!!!  No more

November 18, 2006, 6:44 pm CST

11/22 Rude Relatives

This should be interesting, the two SIL's need to GROW UP already, if you really hate one another, then don't speak, take turns with family functions ( though I doubt these two could) just the previews made me angry, what the HELL are the siblings, whichever ones they are, doing to resolve the situation or add to it ?

As for the Mother scared of her son, WOW that's rough for sure, to be scared of your own child, I feel for you again, as an adult he makes choices good or bad and its a good thing you and your daughter have tried to get away from the situation.

I don't get why people get the idea that because you share a last name or DNA it gives them the right to treat you like s***.

November 19, 2006, 3:04 pm CST

11/22 Rude Relatives

sounds like this whole family is crazy!!    they are being immature  and foolish!  they all need help!!  as for the boy he needs help for sure!!  all this mess  is so silly. why is this family acting like kids!!  can't belevie how they are acting.  they all need Jesus in there life!  i will pray for them all!   God bless!!

November 20, 2006, 6:41 am CST

Rude relatives

I have an aunt (my dad's sister) that is extremely narcissistic and rude.  As a child we used to spend a lot of time at my aunt's house.  Now she will not speak to my dad, or any of the family, including her own mother who is 84.  My dad takes care of my grandma, going over there at least once a day because she still wants to stay in her house.  My brother and I take care of her when my dad goes on vacation..he is retired.  The whole reason she is angry is unclear.  She stopped talking to my grandma after her son lost his baby at birth.  Maybe jealousy because my dad has grandkids.  Anyways,  the most frustrating part of her rudeness is that she claims to be extremely religious.  She has a "church family" and has always been very involved in her church.  I just don't understand how you can miss the point of church and family when you're that involved.  It really is sad that she is missing out on my grandma's lilfe.  She will not be around much longer.  I'm sure my aunt will justify her behavior in whatever way lets her off the hook.  Sometimes rudeness comes in what you don't do. 

November 20, 2006, 11:34 pm CST

11/22 Rude Relatives

Quote From: emmasonlym

My brother is a 69 yr old sociopathic, narcissitic, pathologic liar!  And that's his good side.  He had been living on the beach in cal. in a $1400.00 a month apartment.  He had been there for 22 years, doing pot daily, and drinking and using cocaine when he could get it.

He started calling my husband and myself about three months ago with tales of woe that included his loss of job,  being evicted from his apt. and that he had no money or credit cards left.  He said that he had made the decision that he "needed" to move back to Wisconsin to find a cheap apt. and maybe some kind of work.  He wanted to stay with us until he could get on his feet.  He did have a 1989 lexus, and thought it would make the trip.  This is the same man who was the perpetrator of my sexual abuse. I get sick to my stomach every time I had to see him(funerals,etc.).

Well, to make a long story boring,  we decided to give him the benifit of the doubt.  After all he was an old man now, so how much damage could he do?  We were all he had.

He drove to Wi. and proceeded tp sit in my husband's recliner with the remote in hand.  He never moved for two months!!  He ate us out of house and home, found fault with every apt. he saw, and we didn't see any end in sight.  I thought my husband was going to kill him!, and when I told him early on, that I was not going to cook for him or do his laundry,  He started eating breakfast out every day.  EVERY DAY!!!

Bythe 31st of Oct, 2006, 8 weeks since he arrived,  we told him to leave.  Then the tears came.  He had nowhere to go, no money, and he couldn't take the cold weather.!!  Anyway, he contacted his drug dealer in Ca. and she told him he could stay with her, and she would "help" him. HA!! Help him further down, that is.

Last we heard,he burned her out, and is now somewhere in Arizona. Thank God he is no longer in our hair

The funny thing is,  I am  mental health, and AODA counselor.  Thank God I know better than to say I should have known better.  There's something about family.  You always want to give it just one more try!!!  No more

"This is the same man who was the perpetrator of my sexual abuse."

Your brother sexually abused you, you know he's a drug user, you know he's a bum and you let him live with you?!?!?!?!

I'm glad you got him out of there....but I don't care if I share DNA with a person...I was sexually abused by  my half brother and he lives in the same area I do. I see him occasionally and I never speak to him.

I had to, ONE TIME, tell him that I never want him to attempt talking to me, contacting me, acting like he knows me or even ****ing looking in my general direction. I had to tell him this just once. His family knows better then to come close to even thinking about talking to me, let alone asking me for help. He got all he was going to get out of me when he molested me. I owe him nothing more. Not the time of day, not my spit if he's on fire.

Maybe you're a better person than I am. He's my family, technically...but I have no interest or drive to give him anything. There are actually deserving people in the world if I feel the need to help someone.

DNA means nothing.

November 21, 2006, 7:42 pm CST

sore loser

I am watching the show, and I have to say that neither woman is in the right. However, I get the feeling that the blond is the trouble maker. I'm going out on a limb here - She has aged badly; she is not the "cute cheerleader" she was in high school, while the sister-in-law has aged well and is definitely the better looking of the two. Thus ensues the bitter feud. Women are vain.  Something as simple as "looks" can incite a battle. I feel sorry for them both, but I have to take the brunette/redhead's side. Sis is jealous and clinging to the past.

November 21, 2006, 10:16 pm CST

The sight and thought of daughter in law makes me cringe

This woman who is married to my son is just a cold hearted selfish "B"

She knew he had 3 other children before she married him and to this day shes made remarks on how she wished it was just her and him and their 2 kids. She treats them like crap when they have come to see their Dad. like sending to my house at 6:30 in the a.m. freezing outside.

Don't get me wrong I am just as ticked at my son for letting her do what she has done.

She has left him and came back and this last time she was gone for about 6 months and came back on certain condition my son had to do before she would come back.

I got up and took them to school in the mornings cause she didn't want to get 30 minutes early to do it when tey came to live with him a few months. And I picked them up from school and watched them as well, and now we can't even get 2 of our grandchildren to even come see us or stay with their Dad for the weekend because of her. He lives across from us too and we never see their 2 children unless we go over their, they never bring them over for us too see them and just like me, thier grandfather doesn't like going over there when she is at home.

November 21, 2006, 11:37 pm CST

11/22 Rude Relatives

I don't understand the love affair people have with DNA. If a non family member did any of these things they would be happily ejected out of people's lives easily... But because they have similar genetic code they feel obligated to deal with an ass****?

November 22, 2006, 5:20 am CST

wow i havent seen this show as of yet

and im scared to say anything yet untill after i see the show, hahahaha i have learned to keep my thoughts about the preview to my self as dr phil just shows you enough to get you started ,  hahaha i think he wants to get a honest responce from the country on first impressions , hahahaha and alot of times i have already been having to back up and say i was wrong so i think i will wait till i watch this show before i make a fool out of my self hahaha have a good day every one and a happy thanksgiving tomorrow god bless all and may you all arive safe and well if you must travel to see your loved ones,

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last