Message Boards

Topic : 11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Number of Replies: 275
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:16:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and spiraling out of control. The Dr. Phil House has become the detox center for Sarah, who is monitored medically as she goes through painful withdrawal symptoms from her addiction to crack cocaine and heroin. Her sister, Tecoa, has only been clean for two weeks, and struggles to deal with her own drug cravings while six months pregnant and providing support for her detoxing sibling. Is she able to fight off the cravings or does she give in? And, is Tecoa sabotaging Dr. Phil’s efforts to get Sarah clean? While her daughters deal with their addictions, Cindy tries to learn the fine line between supporting and enabling. Dr. Phil meets with the entire family and shows the twins a look into their future, depending on the decisions they make now. Is it enough to scare them straight? Share your thoughts here.

Please note: The on-the-street footage in this series was filmed by a concerned outside party and sent to the Dr. Phil show.  Upon receipt of this compelling video, the Dr. Phil show began immediate efforts to plan and arrange necessary interventions and inspire these young adults to get out of harm’s way.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 26, 2006, 5:00 am CST

heroin twins

I'm also a recovering addict and always will be. I started at a late age(40) with the one i was living with at the time.

You can have the twins under your roof and of course they won't do any drugs while they are being watched.

i will bet my life they or one will go right back out there and get some drugs again. The girls have to do it them selves and want to get off the drugs.

To really understand a addict you have to be there in their shoes at one time or another. I went to prison for 6 months and when i got out, I also went looking for the old people that i knew. But i did find the Lord then and still have when I think of doing the drugs. It takes Faith, willpower and all new friends. 

November 26, 2006, 6:24 am CST

It's about time!

Quote From: cabocathie

This mother has to face the fact that she neglected these girls and did not give them any limits or any punishments!  She said she didn't know what the girls were doing when they were younger teenagers because they came home after she (mom) was asleep.  HELLLOOOO??? how can you go to bed when your young girls are out and you don't know where they are or what they are doing?  Mom needs to take the responsibility too for not being a good mother to her daughters.  Kids need love and discipline.  A parent can't let them come and go as they please with whomever they want and hope for the best.  I hope she is taking responsibility for her lack of discipline in this whole mess.  Kids will remember getting restricted or getting sent to a boot camp environment. leaving them on the streets - she could have been charged with child neglect or negligence.
I am so glad that someone else feels the same as I do.  Their mother decided to "check out" and let her girls raise themselves.  Now they are paying the price.   I am the mother of 2 girls 13 and 12.  I have to monitor everything they do without smothering them.  I have to say no to them when it would be much easier to say yes.  But that is what parents do!!!!   I wish more people understood that parents can't be best friends with their kids. 

November 26, 2006, 8:11 am CST

11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Quote From: mymomsfun

I am so glad that someone else feels the same as I do.  Their mother decided to "check out" and let her girls raise themselves.  Now they are paying the price.   I am the mother of 2 girls 13 and 12.  I have to monitor everything they do without smothering them.  I have to say no to them when it would be much easier to say yes.  But that is what parents do!!!!   I wish more people understood that parents can't be best friends with their kids. 
I learned a long time ago not to put blame one persons actions, unless I've walked a mile in their shoes, because you can get stuck eating your words. These girls need to take responcibility for their own actions, without pushing glut on the parent. Education at an early age in dealing with drugs and alchol, is the only way at this point, to help stop kids from getting involoved with it. Oh, and showing an example. It's up to "everybody" as a whole to do that, not just the parent! Not many kids really listen to their parents anyway! Apparently, people don't realize the maltitude of drugs and alchol. It's right there at your family get togethers and in your home on TV. Smoking and drinking is where it all starts. How do I know? Been there done that! Getting to the root of the problem isn't easy either, the whole world would have to take a good  look in the morror. Three cheers to Dr. Phil, for opening peoples eyes to the worlds largest problem.

November 26, 2006, 8:56 am CST

What is the answer?

My daughter-in-law, Dawnell, died in 2004.  Her body finally gave out from years of drug abuse.  She was 40 years old and had the look of to put it bluntly "an old hag".  She earned money to purchase drugs by prostitution.  She left her my son, Phillip, & their son, Joel. 

Our whole family was affected by the drug use.  Phillip, my son, was also a drug addict & alcoholic & was in and out of jail & prison as he turned to crime for money.  Their son, Joel, at age five was taken away from Phil & Dawnell.  By the grace of God he was allowed to stay with my my oldest daughter & her husband  until they adopted him.

My son, Phillip, died 6 months after Dawnell from an overdose of methadone.  He had been out of prison & clean for six months.

I think my son, Phillip, would have died earlier because he did overdose a couple of times before & every time he went to jail or prison he was off drugs. 

Looking back, I would have put Phil into drug rehab when he was 16 & as many times as it took to keep him clean.  As an adult he was in the 28 day rehab twice. 

When he was clean, he was a loving son......when on alcohol or drugs he was demanding & angry.

I ask "What's the answer? because I couldn't figure out what to do.  Phil is one of 8 children.  His siblings are successful, productive people.  Their occupations are Med/Tech/Microbiologist (working on Master's Degree); CPA-teaching accounting at a community college; office worker; county civil court tech; county sheriff's detective; computer science with Master's degree.; and mother of two attending college for a degree in Business Management.  I'm told "one out of eight isn't bad" but that doesn't make me feel better about the one who didn't make it.

November 26, 2006, 2:07 pm CST

THANK GOD

THANK GOD FOR DR.PHIL AND ROBIN , THEY DO SO MUCH GOOD. I WISH MY BROTHER COULD BE ON THEIR SHOW. HE IS ADDICTED  TO SOMETHING. PILLS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT ALL! THEY SHOULD GET BOLD WITH THESE PEOPLE, BECAUSE DR.PHIL IS ONLY TRYING TO SAVE THEIR LIVES. SOMEONE LIKE HIM ,NEEDS TO STEP IN WHERE MY BROTHER IS CONCERNED! HIP HIP HURRAY FOR DR.PHIL AND ROBIN

November 26, 2006, 2:49 pm CST

RELAPSE AND RECOVERY

Quote From: amichele9

I am just wondering what the statistics are on recovery from these drugs? I know that people can overcome crack addiction, but from everything that I have read, and seen on heroin addiction, it is not something that can be overcome. I feel so bad for these girls, but I can't help but think that this situation looks quite hopeless...

I just think that the effects of heroin use are so severe that recovery is almost impossible.

MikiC

I am no expert on drug addiction, interventions or recovery but on the show "Intervention" on A & E the interventionist has told more than one family that it often takes more than one intervention to just get to the recovery phase!  In some episodes the addict leaves the facility before the time that they need to get clean and sober and/or they complete the program but then they relapse.  I have also heard it said that relapse is part of the recovery process.  I too feel so bad for the twins on Dr. Phil's show.  The people on Intervention are addicted to everything from alcohol and/or drugs, to shopping and gambling and potentially lethal combinations of drugs and alcohol, not to mention the risky behaviors that often accompany their addictions.  Many of these people come from stable families, are educated, intelligent, held down good jobs, and experienced success in their lives but suffered some deep deep hurt at some point.   I believe all of us have experienced emotional pain in our lives and what makes some people turn to addictive substances and/or behaviors is beyond my own ability to figure out.  In an effort to understand and have compassion for these people I have learned that recovery can be a very rocky road.  I hope this information helps you.

November 26, 2006, 3:31 pm CST

what a shame

I feel so bad for these 2 young ladies...i hope and pray that they will be able to get off of the drugs....they need some tough love...and they they need alot of support...God Bless everyone that is trying to help them out...and may the Lord give them the stength to kick this deadly habit!

November 26, 2006, 5:52 pm CST

addiction

Quote From: indyjoan

I'm sure that these videos will help show the truth of the destruction of drugs to many people. But I wanted to jump out of my skin when she filmed one of the girls shooting up another girl for the first time with heroin, and not doing or saying anything to try to stop her. 

Dr Phil you are a blessing to so many people. I watch your show whenever I can. I too have a nephew who is addicted to herion. Bad stuff! I also have a nephew addicted to cocaine.  I would like to know more about THE Dr. Phil House. You are in my prayers as you continue to help this family and many more.

God Bless,

November 26, 2006, 8:05 pm CST

God Bless These Girls!

I truly hope that something or in this case someone, helps them. I have a friend in the same situation and I have tried to help her. She is not ready, whatever that means. Dr. Phil, you are a godsend and truly hear to do his work. I pray for all of you and all the others who need some help. I am glad that this show is showing the truth about this disease and how hard it must be to deal with it. If you have any information to asssit in this fight against addiction, please pass it along. My friend may still have a chance if given the right direction. Thank you for what all you do.

November 26, 2006, 8:09 pm CST

Don't Blame The Parents

You can not blame the mom for sleeping and her kids doing drugs, please come on seriously. If I blamed my parents for everything I did while they were sleeping, I'd get out of everything. Being a teenager in highschool, I do stuff in front of my parents & they don't realize it. Parents just want to think that their child wouldn't do that, and come to reality they do. And showing the tapes in school, it'd do nothing. They show us tapes all the time & my highschool is one of the biggest cocain/herion/meth abuse schools and I live in a super nice town with less then 20,000 people. It happens everywhere, it's never going to change, but don't blame the parents for what these girls did, they chose to do drugs. The parents didn't sit there with a needle & be like "hey inject your-self"

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last