Message Boards

Topic : 11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Number of Replies: 275
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:16:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and spiraling out of control. The Dr. Phil House has become the detox center for Sarah, who is monitored medically as she goes through painful withdrawal symptoms from her addiction to crack cocaine and heroin. Her sister, Tecoa, has only been clean for two weeks, and struggles to deal with her own drug cravings while six months pregnant and providing support for her detoxing sibling. Is she able to fight off the cravings or does she give in? And, is Tecoa sabotaging Dr. Phil’s efforts to get Sarah clean? While her daughters deal with their addictions, Cindy tries to learn the fine line between supporting and enabling. Dr. Phil meets with the entire family and shows the twins a look into their future, depending on the decisions they make now. Is it enough to scare them straight? Share your thoughts here.

Please note: The on-the-street footage in this series was filmed by a concerned outside party and sent to the Dr. Phil show.  Upon receipt of this compelling video, the Dr. Phil show began immediate efforts to plan and arrange necessary interventions and inspire these young adults to get out of harm’s way.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 6, 2006, 4:24 am CST

Facing and Overcoming Adversity

Should make you feel blessed not judgmental of those who didn’t make it out the other side as unscathed as you did. I’ve faced my share of adversity as we all have and I thank God that he gave me the intestinal fortitude not use drugs or alcohol to squelch the pain I felt inside. I think the lack of empathy for others is a much scarier thing to have then any addiction. Addictions can be overcome; cankers on our soul are much harder especially when our supposed “superiority” hides their existence. You may have won the battle over your adversities but as a human being you've lost the war. I wish the twins a safe journey on their way out of their addictions and much success growing into the two wonderful people most of us see inside. May your lives be filled with peace and joy and above all else LOVE.

December 6, 2006, 1:07 pm CST

Not an addict

I just wanted to share a story that this episode made me remember! A close friend of mine Aaron commited suicide about 6 months ago by injecting himself with heroin in the neck. When i relized that his life was worse than i thought it was too late. He was in the hospital and had lost feeling in his right side. As well as couldnt speek, eat, or drink. I spent 3 hours with him then left. When leaving i found out they signed DNR papers and he was cut off from fluids and food. 3 days later Aaron died. He told people that he was depressed due to having hepatitis and loosing his family. Later on i attended his funral. All of his family was there and all i could think about was where were they when he needed them. I cried and cried. I didnt know what to do so i visited him and told him that i was here for him and thats what friends are for. To this day i know that the drug effect made the choice to end his life. I now am against drugs in a huge way. In loving memory of Aaron Weis!!!! We miss you dearly!

December 12, 2006, 6:14 am CST

Best of Luck!!

I just want to wish the twins gook luck on their journey.  I have had friend and family in my life that have had drug addictions.  One friend did not make it and died of a over dose.  Hopfully the twins are able to fight the demons they are facing and are able to stay clean.

Drug additions can happen in any family, drugs have no boundries.

Take Care and Good Luck ladies!!!

May 27, 2007, 3:19 am CDT

11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Quote From: smith2589

I wanted to jump in and say that for the most part I believe someone who is hooked on herion or meth or crack needs to experiance the come down.  It may in the future stop them and make them think about the experiance of that.  I think that most of the drugs to pacify them such as methadon is a crutch.  I think with the care of a doctor to maintain wellness and the act of faith it is possiable to get your life back.

typical thing for a non user to say that has absoulely no experience with drugs and knows nothing about it.  thats exactly what typical non user would say.  addiction is a disease and the come down if awful, anything that would ease the pain is a blessing.  get a clue.

July 11, 2007, 5:19 am CDT

Two angels touched my heart =)

I just have to say how brave this two woman are!I saw the first episode the other day and i really felt with them.Im touched to see these girls get through this.I really hope that everything will turn out the best for them.I havent been in their situation myself but i had a rough childhood that involved drugs and alcohol.So i can relate to this cause i have seen my mother and her friends in the baddest shape.Dear Tecoa and Sarah,stay beutifull and strong,you have all the reason in the world to change this to the better.I can feel it in my heart that you two will make it!

/A woman in Sweden

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next Page | Last Page