Message Boards

Topic : 11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Number of Replies: 275
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:16:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and spiraling out of control. The Dr. Phil House has become the detox center for Sarah, who is monitored medically as she goes through painful withdrawal symptoms from her addiction to crack cocaine and heroin. Her sister, Tecoa, has only been clean for two weeks, and struggles to deal with her own drug cravings while six months pregnant and providing support for her detoxing sibling. Is she able to fight off the cravings or does she give in? And, is Tecoa sabotaging Dr. Phil’s efforts to get Sarah clean? While her daughters deal with their addictions, Cindy tries to learn the fine line between supporting and enabling. Dr. Phil meets with the entire family and shows the twins a look into their future, depending on the decisions they make now. Is it enough to scare them straight? Share your thoughts here.

Please note: The on-the-street footage in this series was filmed by a concerned outside party and sent to the Dr. Phil show.  Upon receipt of this compelling video, the Dr. Phil show began immediate efforts to plan and arrange necessary interventions and inspire these young adults to get out of harm’s way.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 27, 2006, 1:01 pm CST

All the best!

I wish these two women the best of luck.. I have been in recovery from Herion for almost 7 years now and I know what these women are going through. I tried the methadone treatment and it worked for a while, but I was still using drugs. Then I stopped the methadone and thought I could try it alone, that didn't work.My family knew about my drug use and they tried everything to help me but I don't think I was ready then. I however did maintain some normalacy, I worked some odd jobs but only so that I could support my habit. When I was at my lowest and thought that I could take it any more, I just wanted it all to end.....But then I met my husband, when we started dating I was honest about my addiction and he stayed. I went "cold turkey", not any easy thing to do. I couldn't sleep, eat, sit still, stop moving, it all hurt to much. It hurt so much that my hands would curl up into balls, I couldn't stretch them out. It took some time for the drugs to get out of my system and now I am sober, a wife, a mother and a better person. I hope that we will be able to see these two women in the future as the same.

November 27, 2006, 1:11 pm CST

I really hope the twin's get clean!

I really feel for the twins and what they are going threw. I am from Maryland like they are. They need to take thier own lifes back , it's hard but I believe they can do it if they se4t thier minds to it. It is totally mind over matter to clame thier lives. I was never on herion but I've done my share of drugs that I am not proud of. But it took me making the choice of what was more important to me my babies and husband or not to get clean since being clean for 7 years now I've got my G.E.D and am now in college. I really believe if they set thier minds to becoming clean they can do anything,,

GOOD Luck twins on your road to a better life.

November 27, 2006, 1:26 pm CST

YOU CAN DO IT

I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU IT IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY BECAUSE IT IS NOT.I PERSONALY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.I AM A RECOVERING ADDICTED TODAY AS WE SPEAK.ON DECEMBER 3 I WILL BE CELEBRATING 38 MONTHS CLEAN FROM DRUGS.I HAVE DONE IT ALL I WAS VERY ADDICTED TO CRACK COCAINE AND HERION I NEVER SHOT IT UP BUT I WOULD SNORT IT AND SMOKE IT IN WITH MY CRACK.I LOST EVERYTHING BECAUSE OF MY ADDICTION INCLUDING MY THREE CHILDREN.I WOULD DO WHAT EVER I HAD TO DO TO GET MY DRUG AND THAT WOULD INCLUDE HAVING SEX.TODAY I AM 31 YEARS OLD AND IN A FULL BLOWN LOVING RELATIONSHIP GOING TO COLLEGE FULL TIME FOR MY DEGREE IN SOCIAL WORK TO HELP PEOPL LIKE OURSELVES TO GET OFF OF THE STREETS AND I HAVE A WONDERFUL RELATIONSHIP WITH ALL OF MY KIDS.THEY DONT LIVE WITH ME BUT I SEE THEM ALL THE TIME.SO GIRLS YOU MUST WANT TO STAY CLEAN FOR YOURSELF NOT FOR NO ONE ELSE AND IT HAS TO COME FROM WITH IN INSIDE OF YOU.TO THE GIRL THAT IS PREGNANT YOU ARE KILLING YOUR BABY DOING THE THINGS YOU ARE DOING AND TRUST ME YOU DONT WANT TO EXPERIENCE THAT PAIN IF IT HAPPENS I BURIED A BABY FROM MY DRUG ADDICTION PLEASE TAKE A LONG LOOK AT YOURSELF AND DO SOME SOUL SEARCHING AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR THAT BABY U ARE CARRYING.TO THE OTHER GIRL,YOU CAN DO THIS AS WELL.STOP THINKING YOU CANT DO THIS.I SEE THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES WHEN DR.PHIL TOLD YOU U WERE NOT ALONE AND HE WAS THERE FOR YOU.IT IS OK TO CRY AND BE SCARED I HAVE FAITH IN YOU.LET GO AND LET GOD BOTH OF YOU..LOVE AND PRAYERS ...DIANE AND CURRENT RECOVERING ADDICTED.

November 27, 2006, 1:28 pm CST

valued show

I had my kids watch the twins show today. One teenager and one tween. I will do anything to help teach them that drugs is not the way to go. I was happy when Dr. Phil had said that he'd even put Sarah in jail if that's what it would take to get her off drugs. It is sad, but it is also reality. Thanks for the show.

November 27, 2006, 1:31 pm CST

TWINS

Quote From: dmw197135

I really feel for the twins and what they are going threw. I am from Maryland like they are. They need to take thier own lifes back , it's hard but I believe they can do it if they se4t thier minds to it. It is totally mind over matter to clame thier lives. I was never on herion but I've done my share of drugs that I am not proud of. But it took me making the choice of what was more important to me my babies and husband or not to get clean since being clean for 7 years now I've got my G.E.D and am now in college. I really believe if they set thier minds to becoming clean they can do anything,,

GOOD Luck twins on your road to a better life.

GOOD JOB I TOO AM A RECOVERING DRUG ADDICTED AND IN COLLEGE I BELIEV ANY ONE COULD CHANGE THEIR LIVES IF THEY TRULY WANT IT FROM WITH IN INSIDE OF THEIR SELVES AND BELIEVE IN THEIR HIGHER POWER.

November 27, 2006, 1:32 pm CST

Oh my god, I can't believe this doctor!

I'm talking about this doctor who wants to help the sister who is in bed with withdrawls.  You cannot  make this girl "feel better" by trying to make her get up and move and force her to make herself happy.  She is not ready for that.  She has to get through the withdrawls first.  The doctor is saying she just wants to sleep and get through it and he wants her to get up and get moving.  He was pushing her way too hard.  If you've never been through a detox you have no idea what's she's going through.  There's nothing she can do at that point that will do anything to help except wait out the withdrawls.  Trust me I've been through it a number of times.  The thing is, she is not herself at that point.  I get the feeling the doctore just wanted to make a "good impression" and show that he is capable but he is totally lacking empathy.  There is nothing you can do to help her except maybe give her some type of medication to ease the withdrawls.  To say that she's not sincere about wanting to quit because she won't get up and get active is absolutely absurd.......she can't pull herself up by the bootstraps at this point.  Well, I'm gonna keep watching to see what happens but I've never even been to this site but I thought it so important to say this, I had to find this site and this message board just to say this.   I like Dr. Phil but that is not cool at all.

November 27, 2006, 2:00 pm CST

11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Quote From: son_of_ares

I'm talking about this doctor who wants to help the sister who is in bed with withdrawls.  You cannot  make this girl "feel better" by trying to make her get up and move and force her to make herself happy.  She is not ready for that.  She has to get through the withdrawls first.  The doctor is saying she just wants to sleep and get through it and he wants her to get up and get moving.  He was pushing her way too hard.  If you've never been through a detox you have no idea what's she's going through.  There's nothing she can do at that point that will do anything to help except wait out the withdrawls.  Trust me I've been through it a number of times.  The thing is, she is not herself at that point.  I get the feeling the doctore just wanted to make a "good impression" and show that he is capable but he is totally lacking empathy.  There is nothing you can do to help her except maybe give her some type of medication to ease the withdrawls.  To say that she's not sincere about wanting to quit because she won't get up and get active is absolutely absurd.......she can't pull herself up by the bootstraps at this point.  Well, I'm gonna keep watching to see what happens but I've never even been to this site but I thought it so important to say this, I had to find this site and this message board just to say this.   I like Dr. Phil but that is not cool at all.
dude perfectly stated!! you said exactly what I was trying to say. i've never been to this site either, but i signed up and logged in and filled out all of the blanks.....anyway, perfectly stated. i did not say it any better myself. that doctor is ridiculous. the fact that the girl is willing to lay there and not go get high is testament enough of her commitment. once they finally give her the buprenorphine and stop teasing her with it, she will be better. it's cruel. 

November 27, 2006, 2:03 pm CST

hang in there

I hope these girls can hang in there to get through the worst part. Time is the hardest thing sometimes, but one day at a time things will get easier. Once they can start allowing themselves to deal with their issues that brought them to the sad place they find themselves they will be able to get through it and have a new, happy life. I wish them the happiness that they deserve and the inner peace that they will recieve with time.

November 27, 2006, 2:11 pm CST

11/27 The Dr. Phil House: Heroin Twins, The Intervention, Part 2

Why did'nt Dr. Phil bring in that Dr. that forces the drugs out of the system with an induced coma, so to speak, it's not a true coma but they are asleep and don't know anything. I don't know if Sara is going to be able to do this. This is a monumental task for her, her addiction is so severe. God help her.

November 27, 2006, 2:13 pm CST

sara don't be affriad!!!

sara my name is nicole and i am a recovering addict and i understand the pain you going through you are not alone. but in order to reap the benifits of a new way of life you have to change all the things you were doing during active addiction. let dr. phil help do'nt push him away. stop and give yourself A BREAK  from the chians of addiction. if you change how you were living and you stop using then you are open to the road of recovery. trust me it isn't easy but you know what  i was loosing everything and today 115 days later after my last use i have my house back a car my family can look at me again, and i have a great healthy reationship with my self!!! i found help through the program of narcotics anynonmous. the program saved what i called a likfe back then and today i am gratful to be alive where 6 months ago i wanted to die. you girls can do it. houndreds of thousands of others have why can't you???? try some of the suggestions that they are giving you girls becuase your best thinking is what got you there in the first place.. hope the best for you 2 you gus will be in my prayers.. good luck the road to recovery gives great rewards but it takes alot of work inside and out.....

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last