Message Boards

Topic : 11/28 Jeremy Returns

Number of Replies: 3235
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:20:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with Krista and Bonii's quest for the truth, to find out if 3-year-old Kaylee is being molested by her father, Jeremy. Jeremy maintains his innocence even after a polygraph test showed him to be lying. He took another lie detector test at his hometown police department, and brought the results for Dr. Phil to review. What does an independent polygrapher say about this second test? Then, Jeremy asked to undergo hypnosis as another means of getting closer to the truth. Were there any new revelations? And, Jeremy had agreed to supervised visits with Kaylee, but when he got home, he changed his mind, so Krista denied him visitation. They end up facing off in front of a judge. Did Krista serve jail time or let Jeremy see Kaylee? Is Jeremy being falsely accused, or is this little girl still in harm's way? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 26, 2006, 6:06 pm CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: worriedgrandma

That's good for you but your case and Kaylee while similar are very different. 

1.  Your ex lives in a different state, I believe Kaylee's parents live within the same county maybe same town

2.  You have physical proof daughter's letters  and previous police report of physical abuse

3 your daughter is 15 years old, Kaylee is 3

4.  you had CPS fighting for you once school got involved but you know even in your case, it went on for a long time.  Why did you send her back after he threw her into a wall?

5.  Please don't assume that Krista can do anything more than she is doing.

I would suggest that if one suspect abuse, they gather facts  and document and if the state allows them to move to move as far from the perpetrator as possible or with facts petition for an exparte order to protect the child.

If the child is of school age, have child speak to couselor or teacher, a report by them is taken more serious.  When a parent reports abuse, the other parent will claim it is a custody issue.  If you can get the child a cell phone and let them know that they should use it if ever in danger again.  If child is old enough, the child should be told call police asap as soon as safe to do so.

To begin with because of the abuse that he had inflicted upon me while we were married I only sent the children for visitation when they asked to go. I think in the five yrs. since our divorce the children have visited their father a total of 20 times. The way that my divorce was written I lose child support for each weekend that i do not send them. After he threw her up against the wall his girlfriend gave birth to their sister. They wanted to see her, which is why they chose to go last Thanksgiving. Just so you know the writings were not considered physical proof. There was no physical proof. The police report was no good either because the responding officer did not fill one out. The roport that I had was just what I told the chief when I sat in his police station and insisted that I get one. For five years I fought for supervised visitation and got nothing. For five years I placed myself in contempt of court for not following scheduled visitation. For five years I thought that their was nothing else that I could do. After finding out about the attempted molestation I grew a set of balls and found something else to do about it. Now my children are truly protected. There are all kinds of resources out there, the most usefull one, however, is the shear desire to protect a child or children that you know in your heart are being abused.

November 26, 2006, 6:20 pm CST

courts don't do the right things

Quote From: worriedgrandma

From Jeremy's behavior, he enjoys the limelight and I think putting his name in the title to the follow up of shocking allegations is feeding into his feeling of importance.  He already indicated that he was good for your ratings.  As many pedophiles, he thinks it's all about him.

As a grandmother of an abused child, I find it offensive.  Yes, people want to see him on the hotseat and see if indeed he did take another lie detector test but the important issue is child abuse and how protecting a child is so difficult. 

Yes, I will watch the show but do so knowing that it takes the courts to ultimately do the right things and protect the children.

I do thank Dr Phil for bringing this to the public's awareness.  Please Dr Phil, long after this case is resolved pleasecontinue helping the children.  Let the public know what laws are being made and overturned that protect the kids.  Thank you

Too often the family courts don't do the right thing. If it's a father or other family member who's doing the abusing  -the case rarely goes to criminal court. Rape of young children  is unfortunatey BIG BUSiness.The rape of a child creates  jobs for"lawyers, caseworkers, social workers, therapists, psychologists. law guardians...countless others.. In many cases when fathers sexually abuse their children it's with the intent to entrap their wives into making bizarre allegations in order to get custody. The courts usually reward dads who rape their children because they bring bacon in the form of block grants to the community.Federal tax dollars roll into the community and social services flourishes as children who are abused are need of many forms of intervention: including psychiatric treatments and special ed. Jobs are created when a baby is raped...................This horror must be exposed and stopped.......

November 26, 2006, 6:39 pm CST

Jeremy

I'm afraid that I believe Jeremy has done something to his little daughter.  It just took him too long to answer Dr. Phil's questions in the one-on-one interview.  Also he could not explain that baby's torn labia and she wouldn't have gotten that from just playing.  I have taken care of my granddaughter since she was six weeks old, and believe me, nothing like that has ever happened to her.  I think that guy's guilty as sin and should not be allowed near that child without supervision.

November 26, 2006, 8:36 pm CST

Scared to death

I have two wonderful grandchildren. When i baby sit I'm always worried that the four year old will sy something  when I wipe his behind after a messy BM. Also his father when he was 2 years old had a bad rash. I cleaned him fast so it would not hurt so much then I put cream on his groin area and I blew on this area to dry the cream before I put on his diaper and the cream would soak into the diaper not his skin. Am I a pedophile? no !  I think that the more attention Jeremy receives he's happy and he is contlollin the situation which mentally ill people want. Maybe at that time he did that to Kayle because it's a control issue. Is he a diagnosed pedophile?  If it was said I didn't hear it on that show. I know how cruel pedophiles can be to their children because I am a nurse and had to call police for abuse cases. And sometimes it wasn't a parent's fault it was a relative or a close friend. Kayle is a brave little girl for saying what happened and I hope Jeremy gets what he deserves. I wouldn'let a child be alone with him for a second. He also has "that look"

November 26, 2006, 11:42 pm CST

Witch Hunt, Not so Quick

Quote From: njones0623

It makes me sick that so many children are being molested and most of it by family members.  I always wonder about women 50 years ago, nobody talked.  I know someone who was having sex with her father from 11 to 15!  Now she is his caregiver,  YUCK! 

However, what about the wrongly accused?  What do they do after their name is splashed everywhere and no one, not even family, believes them.  Are we getting too paranoid, could all this result in a modern day Witch Hunt?   Dr. Phil, I want to see a show of someone who was proven innocent and how it ruined their life!  

I will say it again, "You are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty",  NOT HERE IN AMERICA!!!

I will say it again, "You are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty",  NOT HERE IN AMERICA!!!

If by some slim chance this father is innocent, which after watching the show I do not believe he is who have we harmed by protecting the child. Our duty as citizens are to protect the helpless and put the child's best interest first and foremost simply called think of the child first. Something has happened to this little one and at least Dr. Phil will get to the bottom so this child can be care for and counseled as she is needed.

We have so many predators in this country who should have thought about what harm they were bringing to the people they hurt which includes their family as well. How many predators are loose in your neighborhood? We have a least 800 in our state that's one too many for me! The rights of a accused criminal  are always held to a higher standard than the victims.  When it comes to child safety I would rather err on the side of the child. Children do have a bill of right's!

November 27, 2006, 5:40 am CST

thank you

I am very grateful for the rapid follow-up provided for this particular family.  The welfare of this child has been at our hearts since the first program (3 days) held us glued to our televisions.

November 27, 2006, 5:56 am CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: kateyez722

CPS puts on a GOOD show when they have someone watching them, They Don't give a Damn about The Little Children, its just more paper work for them, Ky, has the same problem, It is a very low paying job, and they are very lazy people, CPS people MAKE ME SICK!!!!

I have a friend who is a social worker.  CPS/DCFS(dept of children&family services) and courts in our county has return kids to unstable homes.  A mother was alcoholic so teenager lived with grandparents.  DCFS and court put teenager back in home with mother; teenager killed herself, way to go system.

concerned citizen.

November 27, 2006, 6:38 am CST

Maybe I'm a bit odd, here.

The torn labia (typically, that would be the physical proof) & the sheer fact that this child doesn't want to go should be enough evidence needed to at least make a real investigation. I am amazed at the fact that that was over-looked. I just hope that the end result of this circus is that the child finds some peace & safety.

I have children but I can't imagine making them go with me for visitation if they made it so clear they didn't want to. It says something not-so-good to me when a parent does that, whether they're abusive or not.

November 27, 2006, 6:54 am CST

Hypnosis?

Jeremy mentioned hypnosis as a means at getting at the truth?  I am a Nationally Certified Hypnotherapist and a Psychologist and this does not make any sense.  In what way does he want to use hypnosis.  It is a very therapeutic technique if healing needs to be done.  You cannot use mind control in hypnosis, and if a person doesn't want to respond they won't.  The only way hypnosis could help him is if he is guilty and he needs to heal himself, and that would be only if he wanted it.  This statement from him leads me to believe he is ignorant about hypnosis, or knows alot about it and is guilty.  Hypnosis cannot be used at getting at the truth from someone who does not want to give up the truth.  I'm disgusted that he would mention such a wonderful technique to confuse the minds of people that don't understand the usefulness of it.  Regarding the issue of Child Protective Services, you have to judge this state by state and county by county.  I am happy to know that Dr. Phil has had great experiences with them where he is from.  I have worked in two different counties and have seen some good work and some not so good work.  We also have to remember their job is very difficult and they have false accusations they have to weed through also.  It is not as cut and dry as it seems.  I hope my comments are helpful.  I would be happy to give more info. on hypnosis if needed.  Thanks for your time. . . Sheri Heflin, MA, LLP, NCHT

November 27, 2006, 7:06 am CST

Question

Quote From: sheriearl

Jeremy mentioned hypnosis as a means at getting at the truth?  I am a Nationally Certified Hypnotherapist and a Psychologist and this does not make any sense.  In what way does he want to use hypnosis.  It is a very therapeutic technique if healing needs to be done.  You cannot use mind control in hypnosis, and if a person doesn't want to respond they won't.  The only way hypnosis could help him is if he is guilty and he needs to heal himself, and that would be only if he wanted it.  This statement from him leads me to believe he is ignorant about hypnosis, or knows alot about it and is guilty.  Hypnosis cannot be used at getting at the truth from someone who does not want to give up the truth.  I'm disgusted that he would mention such a wonderful technique to confuse the minds of people that don't understand the usefulness of it.  Regarding the issue of Child Protective Services, you have to judge this state by state and county by county.  I am happy to know that Dr. Phil has had great experiences with them where he is from.  I have worked in two different counties and have seen some good work and some not so good work.  We also have to remember their job is very difficult and they have false accusations they have to weed through also.  It is not as cut and dry as it seems.  I hope my comments are helpful.  I would be happy to give more info. on hypnosis if needed.  Thanks for your time. . . Sheri Heflin, MA, LLP, NCHT
Could hypnosis be used to find out what happened to him at a younger age?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last