Message Boards

Topic : 11/28 Jeremy Returns

Number of Replies: 3235
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:20:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with Krista and Bonii's quest for the truth, to find out if 3-year-old Kaylee is being molested by her father, Jeremy. Jeremy maintains his innocence even after a polygraph test showed him to be lying. He took another lie detector test at his hometown police department, and brought the results for Dr. Phil to review. What does an independent polygrapher say about this second test? Then, Jeremy asked to undergo hypnosis as another means of getting closer to the truth. Were there any new revelations? And, Jeremy had agreed to supervised visits with Kaylee, but when he got home, he changed his mind, so Krista denied him visitation. They end up facing off in front of a judge. Did Krista serve jail time or let Jeremy see Kaylee? Is Jeremy being falsely accused, or is this little girl still in harm's way? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 27, 2006, 7:43 am CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: our4sons

Could hypnosis be used to find out what happened to him at a younger age?
Yes it could, but only if he was willing and wanted to know.  All of our memory is in our subconscious mind, we never forget anything.  Also, in hypnosis we re-live, we don't just remember.  So a person has to be willing to bring back any emotion that they have lived.  I don't ever regress people back to find out information they do not already know, unless it is something simple like something they lost.  My liability insurance prevents me from regressing people for info. they don't know regarding something tragic, like abuse.  Because people don't truly understand hypnosis, insurance isn't willing to allow this.  Not only can people be regressed to heal over past tragic events, like a car accident, but you can also regress to a happy time as well.  I saw a 27 year old who lost her father when she was a toddler and she had no conscious memory of him because she was so young when he died, so I regressed her back to a happy memory of being with her dad, and she now has that in her conscious memory and she was able to relive that moment.  It was so awesome to see.  And hypnosis can be used for simple things like finding lost items, if you knew where they were at one time, or you misplaced something.  It is such a wonderful technique and fun too.  I've tried to get Dr Phil to do a show on it.  Anyways, I hope I answered your question. Thanks, Sheri

November 27, 2006, 8:07 am CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: tennmomof4

To begin with because of the abuse that he had inflicted upon me while we were married I only sent the children for visitation when they asked to go. I think in the five yrs. since our divorce the children have visited their father a total of 20 times. The way that my divorce was written I lose child support for each weekend that i do not send them. After he threw her up against the wall his girlfriend gave birth to their sister. They wanted to see her, which is why they chose to go last Thanksgiving. Just so you know the writings were not considered physical proof. There was no physical proof. The police report was no good either because the responding officer did not fill one out. The roport that I had was just what I told the chief when I sat in his police station and insisted that I get one. For five years I fought for supervised visitation and got nothing. For five years I placed myself in contempt of court for not following scheduled visitation. For five years I thought that their was nothing else that I could do. After finding out about the attempted molestation I grew a set of balls and found something else to do about it. Now my children are truly protected. There are all kinds of resources out there, the most usefull one, however, is the shear desire to protect a child or children that you know in your heart are being abused.

With all due respect please list all the resouces out there. We could use them and I am sure many other do to.  in our case being in contempt of court would indeed mean given the child to the pervert.  Laws have indeed changed in 5 years.

I commend you but we have balls too but we also have a brain and having the child forced to be with the pervert half the time is better than all the time. 

Regardless, it took you five years of not giving up and your children were older.  I can understand them wanting to see the baby and even that they hoped things would be ok.  It is very hard and very sad.

Please do give the resouces as we find none.

November 27, 2006, 8:10 am CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: beechwood

I am very grateful for the rapid follow-up provided for this particular family.  The welfare of this child has been at our hearts since the first program (3 days) held us glued to our televisions.

The shows were filmed in August and the child forced to be with him and he put in for sole custody as soon as he got back from the show and does have unsupervised visits. 

They are in court today per the support site for the child.

November 27, 2006, 8:12 am CST

Thank you for posting this is important

Quote From: sheriearl

Jeremy mentioned hypnosis as a means at getting at the truth?  I am a Nationally Certified Hypnotherapist and a Psychologist and this does not make any sense.  In what way does he want to use hypnosis.  It is a very therapeutic technique if healing needs to be done.  You cannot use mind control in hypnosis, and if a person doesn't want to respond they won't.  The only way hypnosis could help him is if he is guilty and he needs to heal himself, and that would be only if he wanted it.  This statement from him leads me to believe he is ignorant about hypnosis, or knows alot about it and is guilty.  Hypnosis cannot be used at getting at the truth from someone who does not want to give up the truth.  I'm disgusted that he would mention such a wonderful technique to confuse the minds of people that don't understand the usefulness of it.  Regarding the issue of Child Protective Services, you have to judge this state by state and county by county.  I am happy to know that Dr. Phil has had great experiences with them where he is from.  I have worked in two different counties and have seen some good work and some not so good work.  We also have to remember their job is very difficult and they have false accusations they have to weed through also.  It is not as cut and dry as it seems.  I hope my comments are helpful.  I would be happy to give more info. on hypnosis if needed.  Thanks for your time. . . Sheri Heflin, MA, LLP, NCHT
I think this is excellent information as Jeremy wants people to think he has nothing to hide when he must know you can't be hypnotised unless you want etc.

November 27, 2006, 8:23 am CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: amber9481

I've said it over and over again "HERE IN BERRIEN COUNTY, THEY (C.PS.) ARE THERE SIMPLY FOR THEIR PAYCHECK, RIGHT ALONG WITH THE FRIEND OF THE COURT, AND THE JUDGE. AS FOR THE ONE WHO MADE THE STATEMENT ABOUT KRISTA (THE MOTHER) SENDING KAYLEE ON A VISIT. I JUST PRAY THAT YOU WILL READ EVERYTHING ON THIS CASE, AND THAT WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND A LITTLE BETTER, ABOUT OUR SO CALLED BERRIEN COUNTY WORKERS. IF SHE REFUSES TO SEND KAYLEE WITH (HIM) SHE WILL GO TO JAIL FOR CONTEMPT (FOR VIOLATING THE COURT ORDER), AND SINCE HE FILED FOR FULL CUSTODY HE WILL PROBABLY WIN THE WHOLE THING AND THEN BE ABLE TO HURT THIS LITTLE GIRL EVERYDAY. THE MOTHER IS SCARED OF THE SYSTEM AND SCARED TO GO TO JAIL IN FEAR OF LOSING HER LITTLE GIRL TO (HIM), IF SHE GOES TO JAIL SHE LOSES HER BABY AND IT WOULD THEN BE MUCH MORE HARDER KNOWING THAT KAYLEE IS BEING HURT EVERYDAY OF HER LIFE. THE STATE AND (F.O.C) JUST PUT ME IN JAIL FOR THE SAME THING ONLY IT WAS PHYSICAL ABUSE. (WHICH ISN'T ANY BETTER) I WAS WILLING TO GO TO JAIL AS LONG AS I KNEW MY CHILD WAS PROTECTED, BUT IN KAYLEE'S SITUATION INLIKE MINE THE PARENTS ARE IN A CUSTODY BATTLE SO I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THE MOTHER AND HER DOINGS, SHE IS TRYING SO VERY HARD TO PROTECT HER DAUGHTER TO THE FULLEST EXENT THAT THE SO CALLED LAW WILL LET HER!!!!  THERE IS NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO BE DOGGING THE MOTHER IN THIS CASE SHE IS DOING THE BEST THAT SHE CAN, AND FOR ALL OF YOU THAT SAY TO RUN LIKE HELL, IT IS A LOT EASIER SAID THAN DONE.   GOD BLESS YOU KAYLEE AND FAMILY. HOPEFULLY THIS IS ALL OVER SOON!!!!

Absolutely and you can't run there is no where to go.  We would but we can't either and we are in an entirely different state.  .  For my daughter or Krista to leave would be kidnapping and the child would be found and go to the perverts.

People need to understand that this is not about false accusations.  This is about protecting children and their right to live. 

What would be the reason a mother would make false accusations, go into severe debt, sell her home, have parents sell their home and sell evertything to pay for attorney to try to protect the child.  If you don't understand than ask but please don't assume and make an ass of u and me. 

People read what others report.  This is a real problem and it takes a village to protect children. 

If you are not part of thesolution than you are part of the problem.

November 27, 2006, 8:40 am CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: worriedgrandma

With all due respect please list all the resouces out there. We could use them and I am sure many other do to.  in our case being in contempt of court would indeed mean given the child to the pervert.  Laws have indeed changed in 5 years.

I commend you but we have balls too but we also have a brain and having the child forced to be with the pervert half the time is better than all the time. 

Regardless, it took you five years of not giving up and your children were older.  I can understand them wanting to see the baby and even that they hoped things would be ok.  It is very hard and very sad.

Please do give the resouces as we find none.

First of all, as I said before the most powerful resource is yourself. Don't give up. Call the police everytime there is an inncident, eventually they will get tired of you calling and investigate a little. Do the same with CPS. Continue to make reports until they go out. Have other family members make reports. Have friends make reports. With CPS the more people that report the better. Have your children go to a child therapist. If they suspect abuse they have to report. A report from a doctor, school, or law enforcement official is taken more seriously.There is no such thing as reporting too much. What people don't understand, is that when you call a report into DCS, it goes to a centralized office. The supervisors there determine whether or not it should be investigated. So the more calls that they have in there system the better.Contact your local child advocacy center. Contact them repeatedly if neccessary. Check into legal aid in your state. Legal aid is designed to help battered women and abused children with little or no monatary resources. Have your child go to the school counselor. Again when an official suspects abuse and calls it in it has more punch. Basically just don't give up. If nothing else you are showing the children that you truely do care about them and that in my opinion is the most important thing. Don't give up and neither will they.

November 27, 2006, 8:45 am CST

Could they all be looking for attention?

When I watch this family, all I see is everyone wanting their own way, especially the grandmother.  I believe Kaylee has been coached my mom and grandmom, and I believe she has been abused by both sets of parents both physically and emotionally.  I think the mother is under her mother's spell and because grandmom doesn't like dad, neither does mom.  I'm not saying dad is great here, either.  They all need help.

The best thing for Kaylee would be to get away from all these people.  As long as there is fighting between the parents, Kaylee is in trouble. 

My son was physically hit by his father and I refused to let him go back to see him (he was 4 at the time).  Children's Services would not do anything, so I took it upon myself.  I told him his father loved him, but had his own problems and when my son was old enough to protect himself it was his decision then if he wanted to see him.  My son saw his father when he was 16 years old and I'm glad he did.  His dad died shortly after that.  My son knew his father was not a good influence on him.  It was my job as a parent to protect him and that's what I did.  My son is now 25 years old and we are still very close.

November 27, 2006, 11:27 am CST

I am not sure yet

I have the first two shos about Jeremey and I have cincluded that I am not sure whether he is molesting his daughter or not. Okey he hestates to answer questions but we cannot use to conlude that he is lying since we don't know how he asnwers questions in his day to day life. The young mother of the daughter seems to enjoy this thing too much, myabe she watches too much TV.

November 27, 2006, 11:52 am CST

11/28 Jeremy Returns

Quote From: kamccann

I will say it again, "You are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty",  NOT HERE IN AMERICA!!!

If by some slim chance this father is innocent, which after watching the show I do not believe he is who have we harmed by protecting the child. Our duty as citizens are to protect the helpless and put the child's best interest first and foremost simply called think of the child first. Something has happened to this little one and at least Dr. Phil will get to the bottom so this child can be care for and counseled as she is needed.

We have so many predators in this country who should have thought about what harm they were bringing to the people they hurt which includes their family as well. How many predators are loose in your neighborhood? We have a least 800 in our state that's one too many for me! The rights of a accused criminal  are always held to a higher standard than the victims.  When it comes to child safety I would rather err on the side of the child. Children do have a bill of right's!

"If by some slim chance this father is innocent, which after watching the show I do not believe he is who have we harmed by protecting the child"

Ok. If he is innocent then how is Kaylee being protected by her father being kept away from her?

November 27, 2006, 11:59 am CST

He's Lying

Quote From: purplepenny

"If by some slim chance this father is innocent, which after watching the show I do not believe he is who have we harmed by protecting the child"

Ok. If he is innocent then how is Kaylee being protected by her father being kept away from her?

Jermey is lying.  If you have nothing to hide you do not have to think about your answers.  I would rather be wrong about accusing someone than do nothing and risk further harm to the child.  Hey he's an adult if he's not guilty, GET OVER IT!!!!  Kaylee is the child she will have the scars far longer and deeper than Jermey.  He fidgets too much, thinks about his answers for too long, he has shifty eyes, and his only concern is himself.  I don't care how many lie detectors he takes he acts guilty and that speaks louder than anything else.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last