Message Boards

Topic : Is This Normal Social Discussion

Number of Replies: 6506
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:19:11 pm
Author : dataimport
Friends from the Dr. Phil Is This Normal folder socialize and share their lives.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 31, 2005, 5:54 pm CDT

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU, NEECIE....

Quote From: neecie24

I'm having a great time!!  I'm supposed to be in rehearsal right now, but I'm slackin' ;)  (We always put on a show where each era gets onstage and performs a couple songs from their show -- don't worry if that makes no sense)  I really can't tell you how incredibulous it is to be here.  Total honesty here:  you guys are great!  but the folks here in Tucson with me are my family.  Nobody can compare.  It just doesn't get any better in life then to be with them.  My friend, the Swiss pastry chef, who was on the food network, just did a chocolate tasting for us, using chocolate from the company he consults for -- just about THE finest choc. in the world -- sorry, but it sucks to be you. [huge wink

I'll tell you more about it when I get back.  Erin's doing great, but I'm beginning to feel guilty about skipping rehearsal - gotta go. Love you all!

Neecie

Hi Neecie and Erin, glad to hear you're both having a great time with your "Family" and also great to hear how much fun you're both having as well.

As to the Chocolate, "Enjoy."

Anyway you both TAKE CARE and hope to hear more great things from you soon. LOVE KELLY.

July 31, 2005, 6:08 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING VICKI...

Quote From: vnoe07

OK....I'm still not got this thing figured out.  So if I miss anything or whatever, please forgive me....pretty please.

Is this supposed to be easier?? better?? Who is in charge here anyways??? 

I guess you can see I have lost my girls somewhere.  I'll have to search them out.

Things are going well on this side of the planet.  I'm heading again to the state fair with Ron and his kids.  Next year Ron wants to take my girls....oh my I can already picture that.  Things between us are still great, early but great.  The girls absolutely love him and his kids, brothers, sister, neices, nephews and the rest of them.    They are all very family orientated bunch, just like me and my family.  I do think they may just be closer because they lost both their parents not all that long ago and of course they all sort of work together. 

As for my work situation.....well I've been applying at a multitude of places in this local vicinity.  Nothing as of yet.  I dunno if I emailed this part or not, but I did apply to be a city police officer in the city close to me.  I passed the mental test part, now all I got to do is pass the physical test....thats the part that worries me.  I have a month to train.  So wish me lots and lots and lots and lots of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly - thats great your Mum can be there still with you guys.  I bet she is having the time of her life.

Neecie - I bet you are having the time of your life right now.

JP-  So what have you been rubbing on your face lately???  Anything new????

Tap...where are you???

J - where are you???

Well you could have posted here, I may have just somehow not seen it cause this just sucks!  Oh well change is good......I guess!!!

Bye for now!!!

If I missed any of you.....just know that I am thinking of you!!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

xoxoxoxo

How's things with you and your girls? Sounds like you've had alot going on lately with Ron and applying for jobs like being a Police Officer, Good Luck with that one it could be a hard one the physical test but if you set your mind to it you just could do it, if you know what I mean!!

Well we took Mum to the airport yesterday to see her off, gee those two weeks went soooo fast. We had a great time having Mum here. As I said to her yesterday, it was nice just to have her to myself for the last week that she was here, as we were able to do things as Mother, daughter and granddaughter.  Cause the last few times that we were up at Mum and Dad's it was a very busy time and there wasn't really any time that just Mum and I could do things if you know what I mean by that!!

Mum did say that she wished that she had afew more days with us, oh well there will be other times that she can come and stay. And Mum also said that atleast this time that she was down her and Stephanie got to do some things together like playing games and having some time when it was just Stephanie and her Nanna together.

Well you all TAKE CARE and hope to hear from you again soon. LOVE KELLY.

July 31, 2005, 6:16 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING FRIENDS....

How's things with you all? Hope you've all had a good weekend and you're all in good health right now.

We are doing fine here as per normal!! Mum went back home yesterday and I'm already missing her heaps. We had a great time while she was here and her and Stephanie got to do some things together like playing up at the Playground and sticking stickers in a scrapbook together and just doing other fun stuff as well.

After we had dropped Mum off at the Airport Mark, Stephanie and I went into the city for lunch and abit of a walk around the place. It was a lovely sunny day the weather was just right not hot but not cold!! It was a nice day and as we had to drive back through the city just about to go back home we thought it would be nice to just stop off in the city for a look around.

Well you all TAKE CARE and hope to hear from you all soon. LOVE KELLY.

PS, Are slowly getting the hang of things here on the new boards, how about you all, Are you getting use to the new boards yet?

August 1, 2005, 7:56 pm CDT

Karen~Ami iwill be back here soon!

She was just back in Kentucky due to an audit - which she won! I'm sure she'll tell everyone about it when she gets back on here.

Hope Tap figures out how to rejoin us soon. And Annie - PLEASE COME BACK! For a mellow mood, you don't sound very happy.

I hope everyone returns sooner or later. And I know we'll get the hang of this soon. We're all smart people - I know - otherwise how would we have found this great place to begin with? Huh? Huh? Am I right or am I right? Yes. I'm right! Hee Hee Hee...

Bitsy is becoming housetrained gradually. Had a few more "accidents" but I think she really knows what we want. I showed her twice how to get up on our bed - first, climb onto a short upholstered footstool, then onto the hope chest which is covered by a blanket, then onto the bed. She does this now all by herself. Then she sees her reflection in the dresser mirror and growls at the other puppy! She is so much fun. I attached a string to one of her chew toys and she had a great time chasing it back and forth. Then it was nap time again. Ahhhh. The life of a puppy. So much to see and do and BITE! We love her already but still miss Murphy.

August 1, 2005, 10:00 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING KATHY...

Quote From: kathy_kak

She was just back in Kentucky due to an audit - which she won! I'm sure she'll tell everyone about it when she gets back on here.

Hope Tap figures out how to rejoin us soon. And Annie - PLEASE COME BACK! For a mellow mood, you don't sound very happy.

I hope everyone returns sooner or later. And I know we'll get the hang of this soon. We're all smart people - I know - otherwise how would we have found this great place to begin with? Huh? Huh? Am I right or am I right? Yes. I'm right! Hee Hee Hee...

Bitsy is becoming housetrained gradually. Had a few more "accidents" but I think she really knows what we want. I showed her twice how to get up on our bed - first, climb onto a short upholstered footstool, then onto the hope chest which is covered by a blanket, then onto the bed. She does this now all by herself. Then she sees her reflection in the dresser mirror and growls at the other puppy! She is so much fun. I attached a string to one of her chew toys and she had a great time chasing it back and forth. Then it was nap time again. Ahhhh. The life of a puppy. So much to see and do and BITE! We love her already but still miss Murphy.

Hope all is well with you, Stan and Bitsy. We are doing fine here as per normal!!

It's very different here without my Mum not being here, I miss her alot already. We had such a great time while she was here. Oh well there will be other visits.

Sounds like you are having alot of fun with Bitsy. Some of what you've said here reminds me of our dear dog Sue when she was a pup. We had her from when she was 6 weeks old. We got her from a farm near where we lived at the time. Sue was such a cutie as a pup. And was a ball of fur and fun, she use to have Mark and I doubled over in pain from laughing so much with the things that she would do. I do remember the first time she saw herself in the mirror it was so funny watching her reaction to herself in the mirror.

Yes, I do know what you mean about missing Miss Murphy, we still miss Sue very much, but as I said before once to you just after you lost your dear Miss Murphy, She and Sue are up there in Doggie Heaven and they are having a ball together playing with all the other Dog's up there. You just keep remembering all the good times with her and tell Bitsy all about Miss Murphy.

Well you, Stan and Bitsy all TAKE CARE and hope to be in touch with you again soon. LOVE KELLY.

August 2, 2005, 8:47 am CDT

HEY KATHY

Quote From: kathy_kak

That's really cute about Bitsy. One thing I did when I had a cat (ever, ever so long ago) I had a flash light that I had the cat try to catch the beam with. It was hilarious. Wonder if that'd be fun for a dog?! Great excercise too!

August 2, 2005, 6:22 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING JP AND KATHY....

Quote From: bluebird

That's really cute about Bitsy. One thing I did when I had a cat (ever, ever so long ago) I had a flash light that I had the cat try to catch the beam with. It was hilarious. Wonder if that'd be fun for a dog?! Great excercise too!

How's things with you both? Just had to say that yes we have done the torch thing with our cat, Sootie and when we had our dog Sue. They both found it to be alot of fun and it always had us in fits of laughter as well. It's worth a try just for the fun of it.

TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY.

August 3, 2005, 1:10 am CDT

Socializing Bitsy

We took our little darling to an ice cream social tonight at the end of one of the cul de sacs in the senior estates. She was a big hit. Everyone wanted to know how old, what breed, her name, etc. She was so good too, just relaxed on hubby's lap. One of the ladies asked if we had given the puppy a Valium before coming over. No, no, no! She is just a very mellow laid-back little gal.

Her housetraining is progressing very well. Hubby bought her a new squeaky toy that she loves. She doesn't chase the flashlight beam because we don't tease her with it. We use it to light up the tiny backyard for her to potty at night. She does chase her rope chew when I have it tied to a long string and pull it back and forth for her.

August 3, 2005, 5:39 pm CDT

For Donna

August 3, 2005, 6:57 pm CDT

yea!

Tap's home!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last