Message Boards

Topic : Is This Normal Social Discussion

Number of Replies: 6506
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:19:11 pm
Author : dataimport
Friends from the Dr. Phil Is This Normal folder socialize and share their lives.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 4, 2005, 10:46 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING NEECIE....

Quote From: neecie24

Hey everyone...  I"m getting used to being back home.  Feeling a little low, a common letdown after reunion.  Also, it feels to me like summer is ending.  I can count the number of days off that I have left on one hand.  Then it's back to fulltime work (I know, poor me) and soon after that the holidays and tax season.  I know you all think I'm crazy to look so far forward like that, but I can't help it. 

I'll feel better in a few days, I always do.  I hope we can still hang in here, I would definitely miss being able to visit with all of you. 

Just for the record, I HATE this new board format.  I hope we can get used to it, but I certainly would not be upset if it went back to the way it was. (hint, hint) 

Good to see you back here. Yes I know the new boards are very different but hey we'll get use to it sooner or later. 

Hope all is well with you and Erin. So how did everything go with your Reunion? Sounds like you must have had a good time seen as now you're feeling abit low after all the fun. I was feeling abit the same way after Mum going back home last Sunday, but atleast know I will get to see her again and also I've still got the two most important people in my life, Mark and Stephanie. Who can feel low for long with them around to keep me laughing!! 

Yes, I would really like to hope that everyone comes back here as I really miss everyone not being here. It's just not the same without the whole Animal House is it? 

Well you and Erin TAKE CARE and I hope that you both have a great weekend whatever you both end up doing, till next time BYE-FOR-NOW. LOVE KELLY. 

August 4, 2005, 10:51 pm CDT

HI TRACE....

Quote From: lokithor

Did not mean so say that I don't care about all of you!!!!   Whoo boy, I hope this one gets through.... 

I know that you still care about us all and that you are just feeling abit overwhelmed by the new boards. Keep coming back and you will see that it's not that bad, really!! 

Anyway, hope all is well with you and your family!! How is your daughter doing now? And by the way, when is she due again? Hope that she is keeping well. 

We are doing fine here, as per normal!! Please TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY. 

August 5, 2005, 2:41 pm CDT

LOL Trace!

I was gonna say "Wtf?!" Our Trace doesn't love us anymore?! How ya doin girl? 

Now, now Neecie. You do go thru this every yr and I hate that you let this happen to you. You know what I (we) want? Stories about your trip! Been waitin and waitin. 

August 5, 2005, 2:48 pm CDT

HEY!!!!!

Quote From: bluebird

I was gonna say "Wtf?!" Our Trace doesn't love us anymore?! How ya doin girl? 

Now, now Neecie. You do go thru this every yr and I hate that you let this happen to you. You know what I (we) want? Stories about your trip! Been waitin and waitin. 

Am I the only one that sees my bluebird is upside down or what?!  

August 5, 2005, 2:57 pm CDT

Hey Tapparoo

Quote From: tapestry6o

Not being able to backspace is a common problem and is being dealt with, I believe. We'll see. Maybe you could try highlighting (as in Copy) the bad letter(s) and deleting it. I just tried that and it worked for me. And, backspacing works for me, too. Who knows.

Sorry Patti didn't call you. I doubt she's mad at you, just thinks you're psychic and takes you for granted, maybe.

I was just playing with you. The thing in Jeremy's room is a preyinmanthis. It's a baby one. And I do have to admit it's really cute. 

I don't think Patti's mad at me. I guess she just didn't know how worried I was. She's working 6 days a wk, and is incredibly stressed I think.  

I'm thinking I want to stay home alone tonite, so who knows? Maybe we can all get on here tonight and have some fun.  I'm thinking we need to have a party. 

August 5, 2005, 2:57 pm CDT

I'll get with it soon

Am I the only one that sees my bluebird is upside down or what?!  

Yes, I do see your little birdie upside down -- pretty funny! 

I will get some stories up soon.  Hard to know where to start though... 

I have a friend who's son has attempted suicide -- Please keep Jason and his family in your thoughts. 

Thanks 

August 5, 2005, 4:48 pm CDT

Don't care what it is

I was just playing with you. The thing in Jeremy's room is a preyinmanthis. It's a baby one. And I do have to admit it's really cute. 

I don't think Patti's mad at me. I guess she just didn't know how worried I was. She's working 6 days a wk, and is incredibly stressed I think.  

I'm thinking I want to stay home alone tonite, so who knows? Maybe we can all get on here tonight and have some fun.  I'm thinking we need to have a party. 

Please ask Jeremy to put that praying mantis outside. It will die of starvation inside. Praying mantises are valuable insects and I hate to see even a mantis as far away as KY in distress.

How's your other sis doing?

August 5, 2005, 4:57 pm CDT

Hi Trace

Quote From: lokithor

Have tried to post twice now and both messages are gone.  Just want you to know that I'm no longer around here for lack of caring. 

Trace. 

I think you wrote that last sentence just for me, knowing it would be rofl funny to me.

How are you doing? I've been thinking about you lots, especially on Tuesday. *hugs*

August 5, 2005, 5:09 pm CDT

Welcome home, Neecie

Quote From: neecie24

Hey everyone...  I"m getting used to being back home.  Feeling a little low, a common letdown after reunion.  Also, it feels to me like summer is ending.  I can count the number of days off that I have left on one hand.  Then it's back to fulltime work (I know, poor me) and soon after that the holidays and tax season.  I know you all think I'm crazy to look so far forward like that, but I can't help it. 

I'll feel better in a few days, I always do.  I hope we can still hang in here, I would definitely miss being able to visit with all of you. 

Just for the record, I HATE this new board format.  I hope we can get used to it, but I certainly would not be upset if it went back to the way it was. (hint, hint) 

Forget about the stressful times to come. Reflect on the wonderful reunion and start telling us all about it. You can relive the experience and share it with us.

There are lots of things I hate about the new format, too. It looks pretty but has the effect of making everything/everybody seem distant. That's the best way I can express the overall effect right now. I hate that there is no Reply (w/o quote) button. What a waste of space! It wouldn't be so bad if we could delete some the the original post in the reply.

I really like the Subscribe feature, but, of course, they put it at the bottom of the page, forcing us to scroll down. Little things like that are typical of the design. Cumulatively, we're going to spend thousands of unnecessary hours scrolling.

I'm sure there are lots of people working frantically to fix all the bugs, but this whole thing seems sloppy and ill-conceived, to me.

August 5, 2005, 5:54 pm CDT

Hey, JP

I wrote a message to you, about turning your bluebird rightside up, on the World Events section by mistake.

This idiotic system won't let me copy/paste either the message or the address.

Just one more thing to dislike about the new board.

If you can't find the message, let me know.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last