Message Boards

Topic : Is This Normal Social Discussion

Number of Replies: 6506
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:19:11 pm
Author : dataimport
Friends from the Dr. Phil Is This Normal folder socialize and share their lives.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 5, 2005, 6:19 pm CDT

JP, Here it is.

Hey, precious.

You can turn your bluebird rightside up any time you want to. And I think it should stay upside down until you change it.

Click on My Profile, at the top of the page.

Then click on Edit Photograph, under your profile picture. A new little window will appear.

Click Edit.

Put your cursor over the little boxes on the left, and look off to the far right to see what the boxes will do. (You can rotate your picture "degrees clockwise." rofl rofl) Ignore that last bit, please. That's just me poking fun at the people who have failed to do any QA.

[I had to copy the message into Word and then copy it from there to get it here. Sheesh. So far, this is one of the most user unfriendly setups, least seamless transitions,  I've ever seen on the internet. The old system certainly had it's failings, but this fix has far exceeded my expectations.]

I expect to see your pic in a different position very soon. *Tap gets pompoms, cheers JP on*

August 5, 2005, 10:34 pm CDT

Guess I'm forced to post...

When I come on this board, it seems that I can't get caught up to the newest messages unless I select my last post and start from there, so I am forced to post something. Sorry if this isn't anything worth reading.  

Bitsy is not doing very well in her potty training. More accidents lately. Vet's office said we should give her a treat only when she pottys outside. We hadn't been giving her any treats, just prising her as soon as she does her job. Now hubby wants to give her treats for going outside whether she pottys or not. Geez. It's hard enough to try training her but if he's going to ignore advice from professionals, I don't see how we'll ever get the job done. 

Bitsy sometimes doesn't want to come back inside but she loves a small bell that I have so I ring the bell, then she comes a running! If I'd known this before, I might have named her Pavlov.  

Anyone have any advice on crate training? He's deadset against it. Gawd! The man is soooo stubborn!!!! 

August 6, 2005, 3:38 am CDT

Wonder where this will end up!

Who the heck said that change is good!!!  JP - your bluebird is still upside down, which is quite hilarious.  Even more funny though is that Tap's Misty is now sideways (especially after all the help she tried to give you with fixing your pic!) 

I'm going to send this now and see if it works.  No point in rambling on and an if it doesn't!  If it goes through, I'll be back. 

Hugs ~ Trace 

August 6, 2005, 4:53 am CDT

Okay, it went through

Quote From: lokithor

Who the heck said that change is good!!!  JP - your bluebird is still upside down, which is quite hilarious.  Even more funny though is that Tap's Misty is now sideways (especially after all the help she tried to give you with fixing your pic!) 

I'm going to send this now and see if it works.  No point in rambling on and an if it doesn't!  If it goes through, I'll be back. 

Hugs Trace 

I actually figured out how to change my profile!  How cool is that.  I always wanted you to know that I'm actually a 70-year-old man with three boobs who lives in New Zealand and does skydiving for a hobby!  It doesn't get much better than this! 

Now all I need is to have my avatar turn into a dancing gecko.  Please, please don't do that to my little happy, fluffy puppy! 

I've always loved a good mystery and adventure.  Who knew that it would come in the form of the new DP board? 

Hugs to all of you ~ Trace. 

August 6, 2005, 6:26 am CDT

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS...

I wanted to stop in to say Good Morning to you all, before I go to bed. The time here is right now: 11:25pm Saturday night and I really need to get to bed for my beauty sleep!! 

Anyway, hope you're all doing well and are having a great weekend. Please TAKE CARE and hope to catch up with you all sooner than later. LOVE KELLY. 

August 6, 2005, 8:24 am CDT

hey tap

Quote From: tapestry6o

Please ask Jeremy to put that praying mantis outside. It will die of starvation inside. Praying mantises are valuable insects and I hate to see even a mantis as far away as KY in distress.

How's your other sis doing?

K. I'll ask Jeremy to put the praying mantis outside. 

Ellen is doing way better than expected. She's still depressed that she has to go thru all this. She's walking more, and her daughter wheels her around the neighborhood. She's taking showers now, and is fixing and eating her own meals. She says she still doesn't want to do ANYTHING, but is forceing herself cos she knows it's the only way to make herself well again. Lots of visits from family members now cos she'll let us come. I have to admit though, I haven't been there yet. (This standing up stuff has had a total negative affect on my home life. Don't want to do a dang thing!!!!) She's wanting to go back to work (she teaches 2nd graders) by October. Her doctor says to do what ever she thinks she's ready for. 

Patti and I talked last nite. She's upbeat and is doing ok. Sean still brings the kiddo's to stay at her house 3 days a wk. She's so sick of being around people all the time, she's bout had it. She's putting an end to it. 

The meeting with my mom was just a care plan meeting that we do once a month. She's doing well also. She knew who I was and kept asking if I understood what she was saying. I said "Of course!", when in reality, she's just not all there. I think she's happy though. 

How's things on the farm? Sorry I didn't show up last nite. I was just too plain tired other than to stare at the tv. 

August 6, 2005, 8:27 am CDT

Tap!

I wrote a message to you, about turning your bluebird rightside up, on the World Events section by mistake.

This idiotic system won't let me copy/paste either the message or the address.

Just one more thing to dislike about the new board.

If you can't find the message, let me know.
Is there a reason you always make me work?! Here I go.....may be next wk before I find it! *hugs*

August 6, 2005, 8:33 am CDT

I did it! I did it!!!!!!

Hey, precious.

You can turn your bluebird rightside up any time you want to. And I think it should stay upside down until you change it.

Click on My Profile, at the top of the page.

Then click on Edit Photograph, under your profile picture. A new little window will appear.

Click Edit.

Put your cursor over the little boxes on the left, and look off to the far right to see what the boxes will do. (You can rotate your picture "degrees clockwise." rofl rofl) Ignore that last bit, please. That's just me poking fun at the people who have failed to do any QA.

[I had to copy the message into Word and then copy it from there to get it here. Sheesh. So far, this is one of the most user unfriendly setups, least seamless transitions,  I've ever seen on the internet. The old system certainly had it's failings, but this fix has far exceeded my expectations.

I expect to see your pic in a different position very soon. *Tap gets pompoms, cheers JP on*
*shaking my head in total disbelief!!!!!*  I think you're precious too btw. Even though you ARE cranky!

August 6, 2005, 8:37 am CDT

Kathy am lovin every one of your Bitsy stories

Quote From: kathy_kak

When I come on this board, it seems that I can't get caught up to the newest messages unless I select my last post and start from there, so I am forced to post something. Sorry if this isn't anything worth reading.  

Bitsy is not doing very well in her potty training. More accidents lately. Vet's office said we should give her a treat only when she pottys outside. We hadn't been giving her any treats, just prising her as soon as she does her job. Now hubby wants to give her treats for going outside whether she pottys or not. Geez. It's hard enough to try training her but if he's going to ignore advice from professionals, I don't see how we'll ever get the job done. 

Bitsy sometimes doesn't want to come back inside but she loves a small bell that I have so I ring the bell, then she comes a running! If I'd known this before, I might have named her Pavlov.  

Anyone have any advice on crate training? He's deadset against it. Gawd! The man is soooo stubborn!!!! 

Do however have to ask. What's crate training? 

August 6, 2005, 8:38 am CDT

See Trace

Quote From: lokithor

I actually figured out how to change my profile!  How cool is that.  I always wanted you to know that I'm actually a 70-year-old man with three boobs who lives in New Zealand and does skydiving for a hobby!  It doesn't get much better than this! 

Now all I need is to have my avatar turn into a dancing gecko.  Please, please don't do that to my little happy, fluffy puppy! 

I've always loved a good mystery and adventure.  Who knew that it would come in the form of the new DP board? 

Hugs to all of you Trace. 

I always did know that about you. Was keeping your secret close to my heart. How are you doin? AND! What's going on with Sue?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last