Message Boards

Topic : Is This Normal Social Discussion

Number of Replies: 6506
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:19:11 pm
Author : dataimport
Friends from the Dr. Phil Is This Normal folder socialize and share their lives.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 4, 2005, 6:09 pm CDT

GOOD EVENING FRIENDS...

Where is everyone? I know it's taking alot of get use to this new board but if we just hang in there we will get it in the end. I do miss not seeing you all here. So, PLEASE PLEASE COME BACK. 

Well we are doing well here, as per normal(Whatever normal is)!! 

I hope you're all doing well and I hope that you all have a great weekend whatever you all end up doing. Please TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY. 

August 4, 2005, 6:12 pm CDT

HI TAPS AND JP...

Quote From: tapestry6o

Not being able to backspace is a common problem and is being dealt with, I believe. We'll see. Maybe you could try highlighting (as in Copy) the bad letter(s) and deleting it. I just tried that and it worked for me. And, backspacing works for me, too. Who knows.

Sorry Patti didn't call you. I doubt she's mad at you, just thinks you're psychic and takes you for granted, maybe.

Hope you're both doing well this evening. It's good to see you both around. 

One thing I've been able to do with the Message title if I get it wrong is to just canel the post and start again. Hope that helps you both from now on!! 

Well you both TAKE CARE and hope to hear from you two soon. LOVE KELLY. 

August 4, 2005, 9:15 pm CDT

Any chance they'll reverse this board deal?

Hey everyone...  I"m getting used to being back home.  Feeling a little low, a common letdown after reunion.  Also, it feels to me like summer is ending.  I can count the number of days off that I have left on one hand.  Then it's back to fulltime work (I know, poor me) and soon after that the holidays and tax season.  I know you all think I'm crazy to look so far forward like that, but I can't help it. 

I'll feel better in a few days, I always do.  I hope we can still hang in here, I would definitely miss being able to visit with all of you. 

Just for the record, I HATE this new board format.  I hope we can get used to it, but I certainly would not be upset if it went back to the way it was. (hint, hint) 

August 4, 2005, 9:37 pm CDT

I give up

Have tried to post twice now and both messages are gone.  Just want you to know that I'm no longer around here for lack of caring. 

Trace. 

August 4, 2005, 9:40 pm CDT

Jokes for Tap

Quote From: tapestry6o

I love your Bitsy progress stories. Keep 'em coming, please!

It's time for a joke, but just one or two at a time. I think this system would crash entirely if you posted more. ;)
I'm sure you're right that long jokes would clog up the works right now, as if we need more problems. At least, YOU made it back here, finally! Where are the rest of our gang? Shannon, Jus, Betsy, who else? I know I'm forgetting lots of others...forgive me!!!  

August 4, 2005, 9:42 pm CDT

reply to myself... will this work?

Quote From: lokithor

Have tried to post twice now and both messages are gone.  Just want you to know that I'm no longer around here for lack of caring. 

Trace. 

Did not mean so say that I don't care about all of you!!!!   Whoo boy, I hope this one gets through.... 

August 4, 2005, 9:46 pm CDT

Neecie...

Quote From: neecie24

Hey everyone...  I"m getting used to being back home.  Feeling a little low, a common letdown after reunion.  Also, it feels to me like summer is ending.  I can count the number of days off that I have left on one hand.  Then it's back to fulltime work (I know, poor me) and soon after that the holidays and tax season.  I know you all think I'm crazy to look so far forward like that, but I can't help it. 

I'll feel better in a few days, I always do.  I hope we can still hang in here, I would definitely miss being able to visit with all of you. 

Just for the record, I HATE this new board format.  I hope we can get used to it, but I certainly would not be upset if it went back to the way it was. (hint, hint) 

What are you trying to say???? You don't like this new improved format??? LOL

August 4, 2005, 9:46 pm CDT

Hey Trace!

Quote From: lokithor

Did not mean so say that I don't care about all of you!!!!   Whoo boy, I hope this one gets through.... 

I just replied to your email that I think you meant for Jus. Funny that we are both here at the same time for once.

August 4, 2005, 9:49 pm CDT

Let's see if this joke will print in its entirety

Nebraska teenager, 16 year old Tommy Mason, is getting to live his 15 minutes of fame. Imperial Margarine wants him to be their new spokesperson and they say they’re willing to wait until his trial and jail time is over.

Tommy was arrested last month on charges of indecent exposure and public indecency. Luckily for Tommy he’s a minor and will only serve four months in a juvenile detention center. Some think that isn’t enough time.

“That’s not what margarine is for,” says supermarket manager Mike Johnson, "And while I don't care what product he uses for pulling his cord, I'd prefer he didn't do it in my store."

Imperial Margarine spokesperson Bill Simpson agrees but says “who are we to tell people how to use our product? After all, we sell margarine, not morality.”

Margarine is increasingly becoming the wank-off lube of choice amongst youngsters as it's cheap, readily available and doesn't carry the same stigma as a fifteen year old buying a jar of Vaseline and a skin magazine at the wee hours of the morning.

Tommy says it all started when he saw his high-school crush Naomi Hunters working at the cash register. “She’s a real hottie,” says Tommy. “I couldn’t contain myself (and) when I saw that margarine I just had to do it.”

Naomi says she’s flattered and disgusted by all this. “But mostly disgusted,” she adds.

Bill Simpson sees it differently though. “If somebody wants to slap a big handful of margarine on their unit and pleasure themselves that’s fine with me, but it’s my job to make sure it’s Imperial margarine on their unit and not some cheap store brand.”

“We spend a fortune coming up with new ideas every year,” says Simpson. “This kid just saved us a fortune in marketing.” And Imperial wants to reward Tommy by making him their new spokesperson.

Once Tommy is done serving his four months at a
Nebraska state detention center he will be signed to a 3 year contract at $1.5 million dollars per year

August 4, 2005, 10:20 pm CDT

Okay - that worked - I think I'll try another

I was testing the children in my Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven. I asked them, "If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into Heaven?" "NO!" the children answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into Heaven?" Again, the answer was, "NO!"

By now I was starting to smile. Hey, this was fun! "Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into Heaven?" I asked them again. Again, they all answered, "NO!"

I was just bursting with pride for them. Well, I continued, "then how can I get into Heaven?" A five-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE DEAD!"

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last