Message Boards

Topic : Is This Normal Social Discussion

Number of Replies: 6506
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, July 01, 2005, 05:19:11 pm
Author : dataimport
Friends from the Dr. Phil Is This Normal folder socialize and share their lives.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 26, 2005, 9:31 am CDT

well i don't know how to get to the next page

but this would be me trying to post something. When I tried to click "next page" nothing happened. Tried to be janetpoof, but they said "user name already spoken for". hmmmm? Now who could that be I wonder? Now I'm gonna post this and see what happens.

P.S. Hi guys!

July 26, 2005, 9:34 am CDT

ok. maybe there is no next page yet.

So you kids have a good day.

July 26, 2005, 10:59 pm CDT

Hi JP - Janetpoof - Bluebird !!

I miss your little birdie image but will live with it - for now.

Hope we can all get accustomed to this board again and get it hopping like in the olden days! LOL

Hubby and I have a new puppy! She is a purebred black cocker spaniel. Yesterday (July 25) she was nine weeks old. She was the only female in a litter of five and all of them were black even though the momma was buff and the papa was cocoa brown. Papa's papa was black though, so it must be a dominant gene. Only one of the males had any extra markings - his eyebrows were brown and he had patches of brown on his legs, under his chin and under his tail. Looks like he's pooped himself!

We've named our new baby Bitsy. Her full registered name will be SKH Itsy Bitsy. We took her to the vet right away to be sure she is healthy and she passed with flying colors. She's scheduled for spaying when she is five or six months old. We don't want to breed her and add to the dog overpopulation even though we could have registered pups to sell. It would be too hard on us to give them up and there are plenty enough dogs in the world.

After we rejected her three-year-old cocker for its aggression towards men (she bit hubby), the rescue lady emailed me that we were contributing to the problem of overpopulation by getting a puppy instead of rescuing an older dog but I emailed her back and told her these puppies are already born - we didn't have someone breed their dog so we could have a puppy and they deserved to live too. She never replied back. :(

We're totally happy with our new little love. kak

July 28, 2005, 1:12 am CDT

HI VICKI....

Quote From: vnoe07

OK, I'm still getting confused, but thats just the way it is.  The one thing I liked about the DP boards is that it wasn't all that complicated.  NOW I AM FINDING IT COMPLICATED, but somehow I don't think it takes that much to make me confused these days.

I'm glad we can all finally come back to our usual meeting grounds.  I missed you all so much.

Last weekend we spent it camping at the ND State Fair.  It was heaps of fun....I left the girls with G'ma and G'pa.  They had a great time too!

Anyways, got lots to do, but I wanted to come check this place out.  I've got to repack my bags as we are heading to Ron's for the night to watch his ballgame.

HITYAL????

Hugs,

Vicki

How's things with you and your girls? Hope you're all doing well.

How's things going with Ron? Hope you're happy with him at this moment.

So have you decided now not to take that job at S'toon? Now that you've met Ron?

Are enjoying Mum being here very much. We have been very busy while Mum has been here. I think we've had 2 maybe 3 days at home so far and have been going here there and everywhere!! But it's been great to have Mum here while Mark is away. He will be back tomorrow(Friday).

Yes, I'm like you with the new look here at the DP boards but it's nice to have a change. Well you and your girls TAKE CARE and we will be in touch soon. LOVE KELLY.

July 28, 2005, 1:17 am CDT

HI EVERYONE....

How's things with you all? Hope you're all doing well right now. We are doing fine here and I'm having a great time with Mum being here. Stephanie is also enjoying having her Nanna here. They have been have lots of fun together doing things like singing and playing outside.

It's taking a bit of getting use to this new board, but I guess we will get there, maybe hopefully!!

Well I hope you all have a great weekend whatever you all end up doing and please TAKE CARE. LOVE KELLY.

July 28, 2005, 9:24 am CDT

hey kathy

Quote From: kathy_kak

I miss your little birdie image but will live with it - for now.

Hope we can all get accustomed to this board again and get it hopping like in the olden days! LOL

Hubby and I have a new puppy! She is a purebred black cocker spaniel. Yesterday (July 25) she was nine weeks old. She was the only female in a litter of five and all of them were black even though the momma was buff and the papa was cocoa brown. Papa's papa was black though, so it must be a dominant gene. Only one of the males had any extra markings - his eyebrows were brown and he had patches of brown on his legs, under his chin and under his tail. Looks like he's pooped himself!

We've named our new baby Bitsy. Her full registered name will be SKH Itsy Bitsy. We took her to the vet right away to be sure she is healthy and she passed with flying colors. She's scheduled for spaying when she is five or six months old. We don't want to breed her and add to the dog overpopulation even though we could have registered pups to sell. It would be too hard on us to give them up and there are plenty enough dogs in the world.

After we rejected her three-year-old cocker for its aggression towards men (she bit hubby), the rescue lady emailed me that we were contributing to the problem of overpopulation by getting a puppy instead of rescuing an older dog but I emailed her back and told her these puppies are already born - we didn't have someone breed their dog so we could have a puppy and they deserved to live too. She never replied back. :(

We're totally happy with our new little love. kak

Wonderful story about itsy bitsy! Absolutely love the name. I can feel your happiness too and this is a good thing.

July 28, 2005, 8:01 pm CDT

hello

OK....I'm still not got this thing figured out.  So if I miss anything or whatever, please forgive me....pretty please.

Is this supposed to be easier?? better?? Who is in charge here anyways??? 

I guess you can see I have lost my girls somewhere.  I'll have to search them out.

Things are going well on this side of the planet.  I'm heading again to the state fair with Ron and his kids.  Next year Ron wants to take my girls....oh my I can already picture that.  Things between us are still great, early but great.  The girls absolutely love him and his kids, brothers, sister, neices, nephews and the rest of them.    They are all very family orientated bunch, just like me and my family.  I do think they may just be closer because they lost both their parents not all that long ago and of course they all sort of work together. 

As for my work situation.....well I've been applying at a multitude of places in this local vicinity.  Nothing as of yet.  I dunno if I emailed this part or not, but I did apply to be a city police officer in the city close to me.  I passed the mental test part, now all I got to do is pass the physical test....thats the part that worries me.  I have a month to train.  So wish me lots and lots and lots and lots of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly - thats great your Mum can be there still with you guys.  I bet she is having the time of her life.

Neecie - I bet you are having the time of your life right now.

JP-  So what have you been rubbing on your face lately???  Anything new????

Tap...where are you???

J - where are you???

Well you could have posted here, I may have just somehow not seen it cause this just sucks!  Oh well change is good......I guess!!!

Bye for now!!!

If I missed any of you.....just know that I am thinking of you!!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

xoxoxoxo

July 28, 2005, 9:31 pm CDT

Potty Training new puppy...

Well, the honeymoon period seems to be over. (Not really) Bitsy has peed on my carpet twice so far. She needs to get the hang of asking to go out but it is partly our fault as we have become more lax at being vigilant and just taking her outside every half hour or so.

I'm so glad that I got chew toys and rawhide sticks for her 'cause she is teething up a storm! I took a bunch of pictures of her this afternoon and entered one into a photo contest. I selected nine pictures and posted them to an album on the Internet and invited all my friends (including all my Dr Phil pals) to see them. No problem if you don't want to sign in to see them. Just imagine the cutest puppy ever! LOL

We're both very happy with our decision to get a puppy instead of a rescue dog this time. If we didn't miss Murphy so much we might have waited for a rescue cocker but I wanted a new dog right away. I think we got a good one. Now we just have to be diligent in her training so she lives up to our standards.

July 29, 2005, 7:33 pm CDT

V, were gonn aewe

Quote From: vnoe07

OK....I'm still not got this thing figured out.  So if I miss anything or whatever, please forgive me....pretty please.

Is this supposed to be easier?? better?? Who is in charge here anyways??? 

I guess you can see I have lost my girls somewhere.  I'll have to search them out.

Things are going well on this side of the planet.  I'm heading again to the state fair with Ron and his kids.  Next year Ron wants to take my girls....oh my I can already picture that.  Things between us are still great, early but great.  The girls absolutely love him and his kids, brothers, sister, neices, nephews and the rest of them.    They are all very family orientated bunch, just like me and my family.  I do think they may just be closer because they lost both their parents not all that long ago and of course they all sort of work together. 

As for my work situation.....well I've been applying at a multitude of places in this local vicinity.  Nothing as of yet.  I dunno if I emailed this part or not, but I did apply to be a city police officer in the city close to me.  I passed the mental test part, now all I got to do is pass the physical test....thats the part that worries me.  I have a month to train.  So wish me lots and lots and lots and lots of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelly - thats great your Mum can be there still with you guys.  I bet she is having the time of her life.

Neecie - I bet you are having the time of your life right now.

JP-  So what have you been rubbing on your face lately???  Anything new????

Tap...where are you???

J - where are you???

Well you could have posted here, I may have just somehow not seen it cause this just sucks!  Oh well change is good......I guess!!!

Bye for now!!!

If I missed any of you.....just know that I am thinking of you!!!!

Hugs,

Vicki

xoxoxoxo

What ever! I was gonna say V, we'll figure it out. but couldn't backspace.  Somehow I don't see you as a police officer. I do however know your liking to handcuffs! If it's what you want, it's what I want for you.

Am really glad for you and the girls in this Ron situation. You'll have to give us details. I bet it's fun stuff.

So far Tap is unable to get on here. She sends her *hugs*, and isn't a happy camper.

Don't know bout J.

July 30, 2005, 2:51 pm CDT

Slackin'

I'm having a great time!!  I'm supposed to be in rehearsal right now, but I'm slackin' ;)  (We always put on a show where each era gets onstage and performs a couple songs from their show -- don't worry if that makes no sense)  I really can't tell you how incredibulous it is to be here.  Total honesty here:  you guys are great!  but the folks here in Tucson with me are my family.  Nobody can compare.  It just doesn't get any better in life then to be with them.  My friend, the Swiss pastry chef, who was on the food network, just did a chocolate tasting for us, using chocolate from the company he consults for -- just about THE finest choc. in the world -- sorry, but it sucks to be you. [huge wink]

I'll tell you more about it when I get back.  Erin's doing great, but I'm beginning to feel guilty about skipping rehearsal - gotta go. Love you all!

Neecie

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last