Message Boards

Topic : 11/29 Out of the Doghouse

Number of Replies: 122
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:23:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you believe the saying, "Once a cheater, always a cheater"? Or can a two-timing womanizer change his ways for good? When Dyson last spoke with Dr. Phil, he stormed off stage after his wife, Rebecca, learned the truth about his recent affairs, just eight months after their wedding. Now, Dyson is back, ready to stay seated and learn how he can change his behavior, get out of the dog house and save his marriage. Then, Corey had the courage to face his revenge-seeking ex-girlfriend the last time he was on the show, but was unprepared for how the public and local media would respond to his story. Corey says his job as a firefighter was made more difficult when his dating behavior made the front page news. Now, Corey returns to show people that there's a whole lot more to him than his dating mistakes. Is it enough to save his reputation? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 29, 2006, 8:31 am CST

What is with Corey's

Dear Dr. Phil,

I understand that man want to go after younger women to make them self  feel good and everything but what is up with man named Corey. You see I have someone I know with the same name about the same age the only different thing is he married the 18 year old then a year later kick her out. Do you guys not think with your HEAD! What do you think you are getting, These are young Lady's who don't know what they want and then you promise them the world. I'm Glad you love your job and you are good at it and that is wonderful keep it up. On the other hand what others see is you running around like a sex starved male going after there young daughters. Save your life and don't take our daughters to do what you want with them because you like them young ,maybe you should look for someone closer to your age or you could be in a world of  trouble because you never know when one of these girls will lie to trap you. You saw what happen to the teachers that had sex with there young students, it's not a safe thing to do. I have no ill will towards you but you are old enough to think better about what you are doing. Good Luck in finding a woman closer to your age, you need too to be safe!!!

Lab1012  

November 29, 2006, 8:59 am CST

11/29 Out of the Doghouse

Quote From: mistyc

Everyone makes mistakes sure.  Cheating ONCE would have been a mistake this knuckhead has been in more beds than Sealy Postropedic.  This is a pattern of behaviour not a mistake.  Please don't confuse the two.

In my posting I wrote "with the right help and an attitude of real repentance" this I believe can make a cheater into a  perfectly fine spouse. However, you are perfectly correct in saying their is a difference if the person has proven his unfaithfulness over and over.

November 29, 2006, 9:18 am CST

who's to say.....

once a cheater always a cheater.  I have dated men who have cheated, some of them have changed some have not.  I personally believe men and women can change if they find the right person. However, if the man and woman (which he cheated on) stay together or get back together, there seems to be a very slim chance it will work.  It is hard to be back in a relationship with someone who has betrayed you and your trust.  It seems as if it is always in the back of your mind where he is, who is he with, who is he talking to and it is a hard habit to break.  Then when you continuously question him regarding all of these things it starts pushing him away and then they want to retract back to cheating. I have heard many men state,"If she is going to accuse me of it, then why shouldn't I just do it".  I am not saying that this is the case with every relationship where someone has cheated, but from what I have seen it is the outcome in most.

November 29, 2006, 9:30 am CST

I have to ask,

For NINE YEARS while they were dating he was fooling around, so why the HELL would you go ahead and MARRY him ?  Personally I think Dyson is a good looking man, but for me, he would just be a one night stand ( if I were single that is) that would give me bragging rights to my girlfriends, but anything more, God no, his whole attitude and egotism would drive me NUTS.

So do I feel sorry for his wife, NO a resounding NO, she KNEW what he was all about before, but went ahead and married him anyway, sorry I can't feel sorry for blatant ( sorry I hate to say this) stupidity.

November 29, 2006, 11:46 am CST

cheaters never prosper

My husband was dating 3 other girls before met.  The day of our blind date, he called all of them and told them that he had met the woman he was going to marry.  We have been together for 10yrs.  My first husband was a completely different story.  He was a cheater, wife beater, and a drug/alcholic.  No matter what I did for him it was never good enough.  I was always told how ugly, fat, stupid and alone I was going to be.  Well to make a long story short, he is on wife #3(in 8yrs) and has 3 kids, one he doesn't claim.  He slept with 20 different girls while we were together.  Some, just 16.  See, what goes around comes around.  This woman is vain and selfish.  Her selfesteem is so low that she would rather be with a man that treats her like trash, than pick herself up and move on.  You teach people how to treat you.  I always believe that.  Thank God for my wonderful husband.  They're out there, you just have to look with both eyes open, listen to your brain before your heart and believe in yourself.

November 29, 2006, 12:01 pm CST

once a cheater always a cheater....

It is true...My dad cheated on my mom all the time with any girl that came around, even my older sisters friends then when I was eleven (I am 47now) he left my mom (with 5 kids to raise) to be with this young girl who he got pregnant and  is younger than my 2 older sisters...but then he went and cheated on her. she had a nervous breakdown and he died all alone..no girlfriend or kids to be there with him. and as far as I am concerned he deserved every lonely feeling he got....besides to the one they are cheating with you should not think that you are so special that he (or she ) won't cheat on you..

November 29, 2006, 12:06 pm CST

i think maybe corey thought maybe becouse hes a fireman its ok to have sex with 17 year old children

well it really doesn't matter to me if your a grocery bagger or a door greater at wall mart or a policeman or a doctor or a fireman or a store clerk or even the president of the united states of America, sex with any child under the age of 21 is morally wrong, at the age of 30 and above you are infact robbing the cradle having sex with a 17 year old child,as a fireman your suppose to put out fires thats what your trained to do, not stoke a 17 year old girls sexual flames, shame on you<>

November 29, 2006, 12:41 pm CST

Corey is such a sad person. For someone whos in their 30's and picking up a 17 yr old little girl. He makes men look bad. Poor guy can't pick up a real woman closer to his age?? or what.

He was baby sitting a 17 year old girl and he thought he was king of the world but Im sure most of the people who saw that, thinks he's looks like a pathetic person.

He's one sad person who will be alone forever. Wake up pal and stop going on Dr. Phils show for attention.

November 29, 2006, 12:53 pm CST

you can't teach a old dog new tricks

you can't take a man and raise him over again and from what i get his father did't do his job may be he was living out of a dog house too. HuMMMMMM!!!!!  I think he knows exaclty what he is doing he just want attention i would not give him the time or day to show how nasty he can be anyone can be that way blow him away like ashes be cause girl he's not worth it god will give you double for your trouble.

November 29, 2006, 1:04 pm CST

Girl vs. Woman

I sat and listened to Corey, and I am sure he feels justified in his relationship with an 18 yr old.  The part that I found interesting when he referred to other relationships he said he was involved with a woman for 6 years.  However  when he refers to Ashley he calls her a "girl".  He wants to defend her and comment how mature she is so why is she not a woman then?

I think men like Corey become involved with younger females because they find it easier to relate to someone who idolizes them.  A mature woman would see him as a firefighter and discuss it or talk about other topics.

The whole "no baggage" statement comes from many men who can't handle situations that may arise from women having had past relationships and emotional scars or God forbid, children.  That statement  "baggage refers to both of issues".  I know I had a friend who found a woman who had "no baggage"  that is how he explained his reason for getting involved with this particular woman on a serious level.  His past was very colourful and I guess was not ready to deal with someone who may have had a past such as his.

Regardless of age, Corey should make his intentions clear before a "girl" thinks they are dating exclusively.  Then he may not have to worry about them climbing in his window or going on national television for revenge...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last