Message Boards

Topic : 11/29 Out of the Doghouse

Number of Replies: 122
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:23:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you believe the saying, "Once a cheater, always a cheater"? Or can a two-timing womanizer change his ways for good? When Dyson last spoke with Dr. Phil, he stormed off stage after his wife, Rebecca, learned the truth about his recent affairs, just eight months after their wedding. Now, Dyson is back, ready to stay seated and learn how he can change his behavior, get out of the dog house and save his marriage. Then, Corey had the courage to face his revenge-seeking ex-girlfriend the last time he was on the show, but was unprepared for how the public and local media would respond to his story. Corey says his job as a firefighter was made more difficult when his dating behavior made the front page news. Now, Corey returns to show people that there's a whole lot more to him than his dating mistakes. Is it enough to save his reputation? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 29, 2006, 1:06 pm CST

Dating

This guy a dog?  Ha! Ha!  I'll tell you what a real dog is.  How about a guy married with kids that is just looking for a naive person to have fun with. Gets it any way he can.   How about a wife that has no clue that her husband (professional) screws around on the job?(I can't disclose what kinda job he has)  Now that is a dog by any person's definition.

I am surprised how many people are upset with Corey.  Oh my God!!  This guy is dating, not

married or engaged.  I think there is no problem with dating around while you are single.  I do, however, think that before you become serious with a women you are dating you make it known of your wishes. 

I think its totally wrong to lead a women onto thinking she is the only one that  you are involved with.  If you communicate with your significant other whether your going to date around or just stay with  her then there is no hurt feelings.  I think that is a great way to go!!

November 29, 2006, 1:26 pm CST

rebeca

i tell you what, rebecca seems like the sweetest girl in the world. how she put up with all this i can never guess.

November 29, 2006, 1:59 pm CST

I dont see the problem

I honestly dont see the problem, I feel that there is nothing wrong with dating more than one person at a time.  I think that the fireman (dont know his name) should maybe go for women more his age, but other than that I feel that people should back off.  He wasnt married to that girl and they had only been dating for 10 months. 

November 29, 2006, 1:59 pm CST

Firefighter

The cheating firefighter said he thinks that people should not judge a persons career by what choices they make with their personal life. The audience applauded.

I wonder how many of the clapping people in the audience were supporting that opinion when Bill Clinton's personal choices were made public !!!!!

November 29, 2006, 2:01 pm CST

What I am saying is...

Quote From: flthomcat

Talk about stereotyping and generalizing about PEOPLE. Shame on you!

My husband is a federal law enforcement officer. Do you also lump HIM in with all bad cops because the 1% of  bad cops make the news???????????????????? It just so happens he is a devoutly religious man who have loved me for over 17 years and is the best father anyone could have. He's also EXTREMLY honest and honorable.

You, my dear, have NO WAY of knowing how many good fireman or bad fireman they are, so PLEASE stop the unfair character assinations. You are NOT a fly on a wall:)

As if to say "he's a firefighter" and that should mean that he should have more sense to not make bad decisions when it comes to his love life.  I think the fact that he is a firefighter is irrelevant to his bad behavior.  I believe that Corey, whether he was a fireman, police officer, doctor, or any other reputable profession would have made the same choices when it came to his love life.  One would hope because of the stringent application process and high morals that fire departments want to uphold, one would think that Corey would have made better choices.  But unfortunately he didn't and therefore he disgraced not just himself but the profession of firefighters. 

My point in talking about image is that Corey used his image as a firefighter to gain the trust of the girl he used.  What I am saying is that just because you are a firefighter doesn't mean that you have high morals, it should but it doesn't! 

There are bad cops, bad fireman and so on in every profession, so to say he's a fireman he should have known better is irrelevant. 

Like I said in my post, "it doesn't mean that there are not good godly men" in the profession.  Obviously there are as you have pointed out about your husband.  What I am saying is that this is not the majority, your husband is in the minority.  If you don't believe me then check out the statistics and research on your own it's out there. 

If I was sterotyping as you accused me of I would have said "ALL firemen and law enforcement are evil", but I didn't say that.  Why don't you read my post more carefully. 

I'm glad that your husband is in law enforcement, we need more men like him who work for the Lord and not for man.  But we live in a fallen world and unfortunately the reality is,  is that there are more that follow the ways of man and not the Lord Jesus Christ. 

If I said I was a fly on a wall, I was exactly that!  I have seen it and heard the evil perpetuated by those in law and fire service, they exist.  Again I am not saying that ALL IS EVIL, I am saying that it exists and we should be aware of that.  Don't bury your head in the sand and think that evil doesn't exist in this world, it exists and in every field of employment.  So happens the subject of fire service is what I commented on so that is the profession I spoke of. 

November 29, 2006, 2:07 pm CST

Thank you!

AHAHAHAHA!!!! 

This message is for Corey, the firefighter who got involved with an 18 year old.

I'd like to say thank you. 

Why am I so happy?  Because I have suffered the loss of my first husband due to a 15 year old girl.  When there are men out there like you that attract those younger women away from the married men....it's one less girl we have to worry about our husbands chasing after or being chased and a family being torn apart. 

You can now call yourself a sugar-daddy.

November 29, 2006, 2:08 pm CST

Question for all you judgementals out there....

I can't believe is that this man (Corey) who is a fightfighter, has been painted by the media and his community as a person who is somehow less worthy of the publics respect with regard not only to his job, but as a decent  human being based SOLEY on the fact that he's dated an 18 year old.

How many of you people who are sitting in judgement on this man would give a big rats butt if he's dating 18 year olds IF.....one night your house catches on fire and he's the one there to pull you and your family to safety? OR.....perhaps your having a family gathering out in the backyard and discover that a family members child has fallen into the pool and this man is the one to bring that child back to life? How many of you would care who he's dating if your in an auto accident and he's first on scene to pull your judgmental behinds out of the wreckage......I'm betting there isnt' a one of us here who would look at him and say...oh no, I'll wait, please dont' save me because I don't agree with your dating habits. PLEASE people.....get a life!

In addition. I suppose that those of you here who are of such high moral standards have not now nor will EVER... be tuning in to Larry King who happens to be married to a woman young enough to be his daughter, you won't be watching Tom Cruise in any of his movies being he's just married a woman who although isn't 18 years old...she's definately young enough to be his daughter and what about Michael Douglas? Is he not married to a woman much much MUCH younger than himself? Demi Moore is married to a MUCH younger man herself as are many many other stars yet no one raises questions about that.

Amazing........

November 29, 2006, 2:11 pm CST

sexual addiction

I think Dr. Phil missed a golden opportunity to discuss, and bring out of the closet, sexual addiction. The thrill of the hunt, the dopamine high of sexual addiction was very evident in Dyson. Corey, I think, is more than likely just a unmarried man playing the field. BUT...hiding the fact that he was doing so is wrong. He likes women...lots of them. He probably likes the hunt too. But he didn't have the SERIOUS problem of Dyson......and no, without extensive, long term therapy, he will not quit cheating because it isn't about sex....it is about the thrill of the hunt, the "lust of luv" and being put on a pedestal, and yes, validation from someone else...a constant itch that needs scratching...the definition of sexual addiction.

November 29, 2006, 2:14 pm CST

husband is in law enforcement,

Quote From: jojobeaner

As if to say "he's a firefighter" and that should mean that he should have more sense to not make bad decisions when it comes to his love life.  I think the fact that he is a firefighter is irrelevant to his bad behavior.  I believe that Corey, whether he was a fireman, police officer, doctor, or any other reputable profession would have made the same choices when it came to his love life.  One would hope because of the stringent application process and high morals that fire departments want to uphold, one would think that Corey would have made better choices.  But unfortunately he didn't and therefore he disgraced not just himself but the profession of firefighters. 

My point in talking about image is that Corey used his image as a firefighter to gain the trust of the girl he used.  What I am saying is that just because you are a firefighter doesn't mean that you have high morals, it should but it doesn't! 

There are bad cops, bad fireman and so on in every profession, so to say he's a fireman he should have known better is irrelevant. 

Like I said in my post, "it doesn't mean that there are not good godly men" in the profession.  Obviously there are as you have pointed out about your husband.  What I am saying is that this is not the majority, your husband is in the minority.  If you don't believe me then check out the statistics and research on your own it's out there. 

If I was sterotyping as you accused me of I would have said "ALL firemen and law enforcement are evil", but I didn't say that.  Why don't you read my post more carefully. 

I'm glad that your husband is in law enforcement, we need more men like him who work for the Lord and not for man.  But we live in a fallen world and unfortunately the reality is,  is that there are more that follow the ways of man and not the Lord Jesus Christ. 

If I said I was a fly on a wall, I was exactly that!  I have seen it and heard the evil perpetuated by those in law and fire service, they exist.  Again I am not saying that ALL IS EVIL, I am saying that it exists and we should be aware of that.  Don't bury your head in the sand and think that evil doesn't exist in this world, it exists and in every field of employment.  So happens the subject of fire service is what I commented on so that is the profession I spoke of. 

A little leven ferments the whole loft. I believe that Policeman should have the highest respect, I also believe that Policeman must show the highest values and standards. If a Policeman is witness to a fellow officers bad conduct and remains silent, than they both share the guilt of wrongdoing. The blue wall of silent is criminal.

November 29, 2006, 2:19 pm CST

11/29 Out of the Doghouse

Dyson is still so full of himself  its not even funny. I really don't think he can  change , maybe the dog can change his way, Corey in away I have to agree that his dating shouldn't have anything to do with his Job. I have a response to a lady that said that Cory said he didn't like older women cause of baggage. Ok Corey but dating younger women (18 and younger) you are creating some of the baggage. Yes in the eyes of courts they are leagaly an adult but YOU are DEFINATELY the adult and should have some boundries about who you date. If I had an 18 yr old daughter and I caught you dating her, I would be all over you like white on rice. The younge lady showed you that her maturity wasn't there, she may have been a wonderful young lady. Your decision on who is dating material or age appropriate has people scratching their heads. I have also been in this kind of situation where I was alot younger then the man I dated. I wasn't mature enough to have that kind of relationship, and now that contributes to some of "my baggage".

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last