Message Boards

Topic : 11/29 Out of the Doghouse

Number of Replies: 122
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 21, 2006, 02:23:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you believe the saying, "Once a cheater, always a cheater"? Or can a two-timing womanizer change his ways for good? When Dyson last spoke with Dr. Phil, he stormed off stage after his wife, Rebecca, learned the truth about his recent affairs, just eight months after their wedding. Now, Dyson is back, ready to stay seated and learn how he can change his behavior, get out of the dog house and save his marriage. Then, Corey had the courage to face his revenge-seeking ex-girlfriend the last time he was on the show, but was unprepared for how the public and local media would respond to his story. Corey says his job as a firefighter was made more difficult when his dating behavior made the front page news. Now, Corey returns to show people that there's a whole lot more to him than his dating mistakes. Is it enough to save his reputation? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 29, 2006, 2:26 pm CST

Corey vs. ?

I really think that Corey's city needed to keep it under cover.  As usual, the media loves to shake the home town heros till they bleed.  Gee Corey, I'm wondering, were you on the front page when you and your fellow firefighters saved that building or child or grandma or????  I'm sure it was page 3!!  I know you don't get the glory but you sure can get the blame.  I also want to know why Corey's occupation needed to be mentioned when most others aren't?  Is it because he is a government employee?  Or do we as americans want to trash the people that work their asses off and put their life and health in danger everyday to help others.  Most people were right in the assumption that Corey is human in  firefighting gear and he made a dumb mistake.  AND, that's why he showed up to try and rectify the situation, as human as it might have been.  If I stomped on all the mistakes that my fellow firefighters did when I was active on my department, the lashes wouldn't quit.  Oh, and by the way, that includes me.  I retired and I'm proud of what I did and still do right until this second, even the stupid things I did (and do!).

It's all part of the big picture.

November 29, 2006, 2:27 pm CST

EVERY choice we make reveals who we REALLY are.

Esp with the apparent RUSH that Corey feels from dating someone young enough to be his daughter!!

Corey, who we are is ALL about our CHOICES, PERSONAL and PROFESSIONAL!!!!!

If you CHOOSE to date CHILDREN, at least be MAN ENOUGH to accept the CONSEQUENCES of that CHOICE!!!  Don't go whining to anyone about being labeled a ... pedophile "an adult who is sexually interested in children."  Because as we know, anymore dating is ALL about sex!  You are clearly an adult per your driver's license.  Every MATURE person out there knows that 18-yr-olds are just big children, in truth.  Therefore labeling you as a pedophile IS CORRECT ... at least be MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT THAT!!!

If you don't like the label ... STOP DATING CHILDREN AND STICK WITH PEOPLE YOUR OWN AGE!!!!!

November 29, 2006, 2:28 pm CST

Gees, Dyson,

Your gratitude is very underwhelming! You make it sound like Dr. Phil is obligated to give you nothing but positive feed-back. `-And believe it or not, there are some people out here that are noit 'mesmerized and entranced by your looks. Your personality is going to have to carry you one he** of a lot farther in life.The surface stuff becomes boring very quickly-especially after its coupled with a really lousy attitude. You COULD be a nice guy-you seem to exhibit some of that potential but you seem more intent on burying it. What a shame

November 29, 2006, 2:34 pm CST

Thanks

Quote From: luvlapband

I can't believe is that this man (Corey) who is a fightfighter, has been painted by the media and his community as a person who is somehow less worthy of the publics respect with regard not only to his job, but as a decent  human being based SOLEY on the fact that he's dated an 18 year old.

How many of you people who are sitting in judgement on this man would give a big rats butt if he's dating 18 year olds IF.....one night your house catches on fire and he's the one there to pull you and your family to safety? OR.....perhaps your having a family gathering out in the backyard and discover that a family members child has fallen into the pool and this man is the one to bring that child back to life? How many of you would care who he's dating if your in an auto accident and he's first on scene to pull your judgmental behinds out of the wreckage......I'm betting there isnt' a one of us here who would look at him and say...oh no, I'll wait, please dont' save me because I don't agree with your dating habits. PLEASE people.....get a life!

In addition. I suppose that those of you here who are of such high moral standards have not now nor will EVER... be tuning in to Larry King who happens to be married to a woman young enough to be his daughter, you won't be watching Tom Cruise in any of his movies being he's just married a woman who although isn't 18 years old...she's definately young enough to be his daughter and what about Michael Douglas? Is he not married to a woman much much MUCH younger than himself? Demi Moore is married to a MUCH younger man herself as are many many other stars yet no one raises questions about that.

Amazing........

Thanks to you!  We who are active and retired from public service would like to thank you for your patronage and understanding of our HUMAN characteristics. 

November 29, 2006, 2:41 pm CST

Despite myself...

... I actually ended up feeling pretty bad for this Dyson fellow.  Matter of fact, I felt worse for him then I did his wife!  (Sorry to his wife, but I cant help but to think if you tolerate it then dont bitch about it!)  The guy just seems a mess despite his "mvp" status.  Good Lord whatever happened to him to put him in such a needy position as an adult???  Must not have been too very good!

I sincerly hope he can pull his head out.  I do feel sorry for him,  though.  Just call me a sucker!  lol

Oh!  And I think it was a pretty crappy thing to splash this firefighters business all over the papers.  I completley agree with the poster who said (more or less) no one would give a flying fig who he dated if they needed his help.  Thats bloody well right!  You nailed that!

November 29, 2006, 2:41 pm CST

liar

I think he is a liar. The best thing about his childhood is that it is over, and Life is now what he makes it. Dr. Phil you are always saying life is about choices, these are choices that he makes. !!!! He is choosing to Cheat ! And She (his wife) needs to divorce him and join the rest of the divorce population and move on with her life. He is a bad excuse of a man, he  wil never never, never change his ways.. I am 27 year old single woman, very attactive and do not have a Man by choice. Yes you are right , he is full of BS  and just like a the womanizer that he is he needs to have his penis surgically removed. If there is one thing i hate, its a liar and a cheater and he is both. and she is just plane dumb.!  THAT IS NOT LOVE. EVER. NEVER WILL THAT DEFINE LOVE.  

Sincerly

Rachel

November 29, 2006, 3:03 pm CST

Good Job Corey for Defending Yourself and Firefighters!

I have been married to a firefighter for eight years. We have a great relationship. He and Corey could not be more different in terms of looks, personality and possibly personal morals regarding dating relationships. However, the same could be said about the fire department as a whole. There is probably never a more diverse group of men and women devoted to a more common goal on this planet. There are some firefighters who cheat on their wives. There are some who have been married for 30 years. There are some firefighters who date young women or date multiple women. There are some firefighters who are gay. There are some firefighters who are divorced. As different a personal group they may be, they are one when it comes to brotherhood. This is a diverse group where no one will stab you in the back and everyone will be with you 100% all of the time. Whatever your personal convictions about Corey and his behavior(s) in his dating life, he is absolutely 100% correct that it has nothing to do with his professional life. Those men and women go out there and risk their lives every day. A man cheating on his wife (which I don't support) would not give any less to being a firefighter and that commitment than a man married for 30+ years. One just doesn't have anything to do with the other. Many will disagree, but this is the inside view and opinion.

November 29, 2006, 3:03 pm CST

Re: Corey

I'd just like to say a couple of things about Corey.

I think that he had "guts" to come out on the first show while Ashley wanted her revenge.

Most people wouldn't have showed up.  Score one point for him.

As far as him "hiding" his other ladies, shame on him.  He should have been more upfront, but...

Give him another point for his composure!

He could have jumped up and down trying to defend himself, but it was nice to see how he composed himself, had his answers and his attitude is correct in my eyes: "take it or leave it, this is how I am". 

He seems sincere, he just needs to realize that a young "lady" is very impressionable and will probably attach to a man quickly if he is older.

Good luck to Corey, he seems like a good man.  Don't be so quick to judge him bec of this one incident. 

Janet

November 29, 2006, 3:06 pm CST

Dyson

Instead of trying to dissect Dyson's psyche, it's his wife who should be undergoing intensive psychoanalysis.  What is so great about him that makes her stay with him?  It's infuriating to see her so passive and understanding. Dyson will finally wake up when he's suffering from a disease and on his deathbed.  That will cure him of his problem of lacking foresight into the consequences of his behavior. 

November 29, 2006, 3:22 pm CST

just an opinion

I watched the show today-about those guys following up- first of all, for those who critize the fire department that he works at is wrong.  I am a female and I am also a firefighter. Let him have his personal life and live it how he wants and definitly DO NOT critize the fire dept for hiring him-he could be one of the best firefighters ever.  I am 20yrs old and the guy that I am dating is 38yrs old.  The same age difference as Corey and Ashley.  Are you going to say that I am immature because I'm young? People's lives are put in my hands everyday and you have to be mature to be able to handle that. If you love the person why should age matter as long as you are legally of age?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last