Message Boards

Topic : 12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 402
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 01, 2006, 03:19:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and crack cocaine and were spiraling out of control. A few days into her detox, Sarah begins to emerge from her haze of drug use and painful withdrawal symptoms. Is she committed to the work involved with getting clean? Dr. Phil questions their mother, Cindy, about her own history of alcohol use and how she is sabotaging Tecoa’s sobriety and the health of her unborn baby. Then, Dr. Phil tracks down the sisters’ long-lost stepfather, Perry. They say his disappearance from their lives played a significant role toward their decline into drug use and prostitution. How does Perry explain his absence from their lives, and does his appearance bring closure for Sarah and Tecoa? As the twins begin to take their first steps toward a new life, Dr. Phil informs them that their paths of sobriety will be separate. Will they agree to go to different rehab centers to learn how to stand on their own two feet? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2006, 4:07 pm CST

Perry Gets The Shaft

What a crock!  Granted, kiddies can be adversely affected by the drop-out of a parent or step-parent from their young lives.  And I feel sorry for the twins and their life so far.  But to rake Perry and Rene over the coals about "quitting on a child not being an option" is too much for me.  S & T made those choices, not Perry.  It appears when he tried to help with the problem, Enabler Cindy seems to have told him to F.O.  What the hell is wrong with self-preservation when you have no control, I ask? 

I had a similar experience years ago with a daughter whose mother I had divorced and I moved far away.  I'll spare the details, but I tried my damndest to help when the daughter went bad.  Like Perry, I was told to F.O.  I had no control whatsoever over the situation and there was a clear and present danger my daughter was going to ruin my life if I kept trying to help.  I had to choose between being a storybook parent and actually protecting my very life.

I applaud Perry for adopting those two miscreants, and admire Rene for trying to be a 2nd mother to them as well--you know, a mother that has rules and sticks by them.  But when there is a danger of destroying your own life because of some terrible choices made by someone (or two) else, time to move on down the road.

Further, I didn't see any credit awarded for Perry and Rene coming on the Show and trying to help,  I felt his emotions were real when he cried as he relived this trajedy.  He deserved better press. 

Perry and Rene, if you can hear this: Good on you!  I admire you and what you tried to do. 

December 14, 2006, 9:29 pm CST

HEY

Quote From: bconger

What a crock!  Granted, kiddies can be adversely affected by the drop-out of a parent or step-parent from their young lives.  And I feel sorry for the twins and their life so far.  But to rake Perry and Rene over the coals about "quitting on a child not being an option" is too much for me.  S & T made those choices, not Perry.  It appears when he tried to help with the problem, Enabler Cindy seems to have told him to F.O.  What the hell is wrong with self-preservation when you have no control, I ask? 

I had a similar experience years ago with a daughter whose mother I had divorced and I moved far away.  I'll spare the details, but I tried my damndest to help when the daughter went bad.  Like Perry, I was told to F.O.  I had no control whatsoever over the situation and there was a clear and present danger my daughter was going to ruin my life if I kept trying to help.  I had to choose between being a storybook parent and actually protecting my very life.

I applaud Perry for adopting those two miscreants, and admire Rene for trying to be a 2nd mother to them as well--you know, a mother that has rules and sticks by them.  But when there is a danger of destroying your own life because of some terrible choices made by someone (or two) else, time to move on down the road.

Further, I didn't see any credit awarded for Perry and Rene coming on the Show and trying to help,  I felt his emotions were real when he cried as he relived this trajedy.  He deserved better press. 

Perry and Rene, if you can hear this: Good on you!  I admire you and what you tried to do. 

HEY I CRIED WHEN I SAW PART 3 OF THAT SHOW..

CAN U READ MY STORY UNDER 11/3 SHOCKING ACCUSATIONS...MINE IS DATED 11/24  WEIRD LIES AND DECEPTION /  UNFORTUNATE SERIES /TURN OF EVENTS..PLZ READ AND RESPOND PLZ..COMMENTS./CONCERNS/ ETC.. U MAY HAVE ..TY..JASON FROM IL    I CANT BELIEVE THAT WOMAN ON 12/13 THAT DIDNT LIKE XMAS? WHATS UP W/ THAT?  AFTER 26 YRS SHE SHOULDVE GOTTEN OVER IT BY NOW..

December 14, 2006, 9:29 pm CST

HEY

Quote From: lizkozelski

Thanks for your kind reply. Sarah grew up in my home town, she lived on my couch for a short while. Yes I have come along way. My problem is also with alcohol.Sarah and I met at a bar.I used to be the life of the party and take care of all the "Sarahs'" around town. Most of these people are dead. I am so thankful that god showed me purpose.I am so grateful for people like you who understand miracles.I somtimes wonder why I've been spared , so everyday I'm learning why.I'll pray for you too.

CAN U READ MY STORY UNDER 11/3 SHOCKING ACCUSATIONS...MINE IS DATED 11/24  WEIRD LIES AND DECEPTION /  UNFORTUNATE SERIES /TURN OF EVENTS..PLZ READ AND RESPOND PLZ..COMMENTS./CONCERNS/ ETC.. U MAY HAVE ..TY..JASON FROM IL    I CANT BELIEVE THAT WOMAN ON 12/13 THAT DIDNT LIKE XMAS? WHATS UP W/ THAT?  AFTER 26 YRS SHE SHOULDVE GOTTEN OVER IT BY NOW..

December 14, 2006, 9:30 pm CST

HEY

Quote From: donnalee2003

I've been following this story from the start and my heart goes out to Sarah and Tecoa. I'm an addict and an alcoholic in recovery and I know how bad it can get. I was a cocaine and meth user and I've snorted heroin but never got addicted to heroin and I get nauseous at the sight of a needle. Thank God for that young lady (stranger) that stepped in and got them to Dr. Phil. She's their angel. I've been in recovery for a little over (3) years now and there's been alot of healing going on. I'm sorry but I don't feel sorry for Cindy one bit. I think Perry took the brunt of it and even though he had a part in it I think the issue was not with Perry but their mom Cindy. For god''s sake she's their mother. If the children had abondonment issues it was with Cindy and their real father. Perry and his new wife had every right to make that decision for the best of their own lives. It was a hard decision but it was made none-the-less. Cindy knew what was going on, she just ignored it. My mother was also an alchoholic and she knew exactly what was going with her kids but she didn't care and yes we all suffered from abandonment issues because my mom wouldn't step up to the plate. I'm surprsied Dr. Phil didn't suggest re-hab for the mother. There is no way that Sarah and Tecoa can go back into the same environment her mother is living in and stay clean. It won't work. If Cindy isn't sober it will be hard for Sarah and Tecoa to stay clean and sober as well. I pray for them all and I know with their guardian angel, God and Dr. Phil by their side as well as other human beings that care about them they will make it. I wish them all well as there is alot of healing that needs to take place as well as recovery. :-0)

December 14, 2006, 9:31 pm CST

HI

Quote From: the3bears

These girls have had a lot to overcome.  Not everyone is blessed to have a stable life.  That being said, I sometimes feel society as a whole has become very good at making excuses.  There are explanations for who we are, but we are responsible for making the choices we do.  I have made many mistakes in my life but realize that I was the one who made the choices.    I have learned the hard way, unfortunately, and could give excuses, but the truth is that the decisions were mine.  If you learn from your mistakes, I am a very bright person.  My son had things to overcome due to some of my poor choices, but I apologized for my mistakes and told him we could discuss anything that happened.  I also took him to a doctor and spoke with him myself to see if there was anything that needed to be done to meet his needs.  I told him that we can explain why we did something, but not to waste time making excuses.  Admit your mistakes, learn from them, and do better now and in the future.  I am happy to report that my son is in graduate school and we have a very close, loving relationship.  I certainly don't have all the answer, but too many people want to blame their problems on someone else.  I hope these girls realize what a blessing it is to have you in their life now and take advantage of the resources you are providing to turn their lives around.
THIS EPISODE OF PART 3 OF TWINS I CRIED ON ..SAD SITUATION..

December 14, 2006, 9:31 pm CST

HI

Quote From: misse980

OK its gr8 that the girls r tryin 2 help themselves & make their lives better for themselves. I just cant believe how bitchy the were about there father comming in  c them & try to help them understand what he had to do for himself & his other family. It seems like he tried to help but they were way out of controll & there mother Blaming Her Ex;s wife was childish. Just cuz she couldnt help her own children she had to blame another woman for taking their father away & screwing up their life. They messed up there own lives the moment the took their first hit. All the twins mother cared about was If he blamed her, she didnt care how the girls felt to see their father. That is so messed up how they ALL blamed him for the way the girls life had gone soo wrong. My father was Never in my life, I never met him let alone talked 2 him. My mother had one man in our life How couldnt handle such young children so he left us all. I didnt feel the need to pick up a crack pipe, steal, nor even drink So something must have gone very wrong early in their lives before he left them to make them become drawn to the darkside of life. I just pray that unborn child is heathy & never follows in her horrid mothers footstpes, She doesnt deserve a child.

December 18, 2006, 9:30 am CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: bconger

I am a Mom and I so agree with you!

I hope they both find a way to get back in these girls lives.

Some kind of communication, and pray this Mom does not interfere

with that.

A baby will be born soon, I sure would rather see the adoptive father and his wife help

ensure that baby's best interest is held high rather than a Mother who would

drink alcohol with her drug addicted daughters.

Those stuffed animals was a very touching gift, it is a shame the thought

was not taken to heart by them girls when their 'did they blame me' statement

kind of mom was present because that is when they tossed them!

Perry and Rene: I also find your appearance a good effort and far above what most would do

in the same situation, I also think you made the right decision for your new baby with the exception of Please Perry find a way to keep a communication going.  They will need you

one day, the new Grandbaby will definately need a better person than the Mother to ensure

it is protected!

December 19, 2006, 7:15 am CST

the heroin twins

How  are these 2 grils doing today I think of them every day  that God sends and hope and Pray that they will make it through this awful dark time , they are so young  I hope you will keep you  viewers informed as to how they are getting on, also their mother God help her she needs a lot of help also this poor woman is lost it shows that she just does not know what to do for the best to help them , please keep everyone informed and may GOd be with them for there for the grace of God go I  

Ruby McCOnnell

December 20, 2006, 5:36 am CST

We need an Update?

I would so love to see an update on these girls/women.

I am sure there would be another show but not knowing is kinda hard.

One pregnant and used drugs, now a baby to be conerned for.

Other one so close to physical failure because of how weak she was.

Mother involved in the house with them on top of them together to enable each other:

An update of how counseling is going would be great!

December 20, 2006, 5:56 am CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: chipthecup

It irritated me to no end to hear the twins blame their addiction on their step dad.  HELLOOOOO he did not inject the drugs into your body.  People have suffered thru far worse childhoods than that of the twins' and they did not turn to drugs/alcohol.  Addiction starts as a choice - you choose to put it in your body.  I have lived with the nightmare of addiction - my father is an alcoholic - I chose not to do drugs/alcohol.  Stop blaming your situation on your childhood and take accountability for your actions. 

Many times young people blame who they know is most apt to forgive them.

It is a way of saying how hurt they are?  I agree with you to apoint.  I was upset

to see thier adoptive father disrespected.  The Step-Mom too because she in way

had to do anything.  I think these girls have a far greater pain than we have seen or heard.

They blame because that is what they know.  I didn't see them as emotionally caught up to thier age.  I am from a very troubled childhood, I am not an addict but I do know the feeling of just

wanting anything make it go away.  Sometimes the pain goes deep, covers too much of our life and we need someone to get that through to us.  I was fortunate that there was a few people

non-relative who caught me receptive to thier conversations of waht I can be instead of what

I do because of my childhood and family.  The girls did make choices, very poor ones, now they need to learn what to do right: that is a problem all over: this is why Dr. Phil is so popular and

needed because so many make poor choices?

Once the girls are truely sober, someone can get through the pain and help them, then they can be an inspiration to so many like them and/or the families in similar situations?

First | Prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Next | Last