Message Boards

Topic : 12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 402
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 01, 2006, 03:19:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and crack cocaine and were spiraling out of control. A few days into her detox, Sarah begins to emerge from her haze of drug use and painful withdrawal symptoms. Is she committed to the work involved with getting clean? Dr. Phil questions their mother, Cindy, about her own history of alcohol use and how she is sabotaging Tecoa’s sobriety and the health of her unborn baby. Then, Dr. Phil tracks down the sisters’ long-lost stepfather, Perry. They say his disappearance from their lives played a significant role toward their decline into drug use and prostitution. How does Perry explain his absence from their lives, and does his appearance bring closure for Sarah and Tecoa? As the twins begin to take their first steps toward a new life, Dr. Phil informs them that their paths of sobriety will be separate. Will they agree to go to different rehab centers to learn how to stand on their own two feet? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 5, 2007, 9:39 am CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE SOMEONE YOU LOVE ADDICTIED TO A DRUG.NO MATTER WHAT THE DRUG IS IT CONTROLS THAT PERSON LIFE IN EVERY WAY.IT NOT ON ONLY EFFECTS THE PERSON THATS ON THE DRUG BUT IT ALSO  HURTS THE FAMILY. MY FIANCE WAS ADDITED TO PAIN PILLS (OXYS)  FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS AND HE KEPT IT A SECERT UNTIL ONE DAY IN 2004 HE CAME CLEAN AND TOLD ME THAT HE HAD A PROBLEM WITH SNORTING OXY 80MG.NOW HES BEEN GOING TO A METHADONE CLINC FOR ALOMST THREE YEARS ,HONESTLY I DONT THINK THAT IS ANY BETTER FOR YOU. HAVING SOMEONE YOU LOVE ON DRUGS IS LIKE NOT HAVING THEM AT ALL. I COULD NEVER DO IT AGAIN

January 9, 2007, 8:41 am CST

I am a former meth and heroin addict. Some of the footage shown was way too graphic and almost made me sick . Just seeing some of it made me crave the drug pretty severly!

January 11, 2007, 9:57 am CST

Update

Can we get an update on how the twins are NOW?? I'm anxious to know. Thanks!

January 15, 2007, 8:20 pm CST

When it becomes PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT A WOMAN OF ANY AGE IS PREGNANT AND DOING DRUGS, I BELIEVE SHE SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY ARRESTED FOR THE SAKE OF THE BABY.  THERE SHOULD BE A PRISON FOR WOMEN LIKE THAT, THEY ARE KILLING THE BABY.  I BELIEVE UNDER LOCK AND KEY THERE SHOULD BE A PLACE FOR THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY TO TAKE CHARGE AND HELP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO GET THE WOMAN'S PREGNANCY TO RESULT IN THE HEALTHIEST BABY POSSIBLE. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES A WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE IN DRUG USE WHEN SHE IS KNOWN TO BE PREGNANT.  THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW.  AFTER THE BABY IS BORN THEN SHE WOULD NEED TO HAVE TO PROVE SHE IS OFF OF DRUGS AND FIT TO CARE FOR THE CHILD. SURE, SHE THE MOTHER NEEDS HELP,,,,, SHE CAN GET IT BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AWAY FROM HER AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT THE BABY.  THE WOMAN HAS CHOICES AND SHE IS CHOOSING DRUGS, THE BABY HAS NO CHOICE AND NEEDS SOCIETY'S PROTECTION.  

DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT THE BABY FIRST AND THE MOTHER SECOND??

IF YOU SAW SOMEONE ABUSING AN INFANT.........THERE ARE LAWS TO STOP THAT.... WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN THE CASE OF AN ADDICT POISONING THEIR FETUS????  HELP!! What can WE do??

January 23, 2007, 2:13 am CST

1 reovering addict to another

Quote From: ktbug512

I am a former meth and heroin addict. Some of the footage shown was way too graphic and almost made me sick . Just seeing some of it made me crave the drug pretty severly!

I am distressed not because of the show or the subjects of the show but because you watching a tv show about addiction with some graphic material in it. How long have you been in recovery? If you haven't been that long DO NOT subject youreself to this type of media right now, you must get stable and be there for a bit before you watch material along this line that's so revealing. If you've been in recovery for some time and are having cravings watching this it may be a cry for help and it may be the one thing that drives you over the edge and gets you to consider using. Call a counselor, go to a meeting, get busy, STOP watching graphic drug use shows and get back on track. Remember the only person you can count on to save yourself is you!!!!!

I am a recovering herion, cocaine (much more user) Heroin was my drug of choice though and after close to 13 years of battle I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I got into a great program, changed my people, places and things, stay busy and am currently enrolled in thr community college for the 2 yr chem. dependency counseling program.

Good luck and stay honest.........................................

January 29, 2007, 1:40 pm CST

Update on the Twins

I think of the twins so often and hope they are doing great.  Please give us an update.

February 22, 2007, 10:32 pm CST

The Pregnant Twin

Quote From: givvvv

When it becomes PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE THAT A WOMAN OF ANY AGE IS PREGNANT AND DOING DRUGS, I BELIEVE SHE SHOULD BE IMMEDIATELY ARRESTED FOR THE SAKE OF THE BABY.  THERE SHOULD BE A PRISON FOR WOMEN LIKE THAT, THEY ARE KILLING THE BABY.  I BELIEVE UNDER LOCK AND KEY THERE SHOULD BE A PLACE FOR THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY TO TAKE CHARGE AND HELP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO GET THE WOMAN'S PREGNANCY TO RESULT IN THE HEALTHIEST BABY POSSIBLE. UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES A WOMAN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE IN DRUG USE WHEN SHE IS KNOWN TO BE PREGNANT.  THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW.  AFTER THE BABY IS BORN THEN SHE WOULD NEED TO HAVE TO PROVE SHE IS OFF OF DRUGS AND FIT TO CARE FOR THE CHILD. SURE, SHE THE MOTHER NEEDS HELP,,,,, SHE CAN GET IT BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AWAY FROM HER AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT THE BABY.  THE WOMAN HAS CHOICES AND SHE IS CHOOSING DRUGS, THE BABY HAS NO CHOICE AND NEEDS SOCIETY'S PROTECTION.  

DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT THE BABY FIRST AND THE MOTHER SECOND??

IF YOU SAW SOMEONE ABUSING AN INFANT.........THERE ARE LAWS TO STOP THAT.... WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN THE CASE OF AN ADDICT POISONING THEIR FETUS????  HELP!! What can WE do??

To be so harsh and judgemental, this is personal to you.  It is not what can "we" do - it is what can "YOU" do.  If you know someone in this situation, do everyting you can to help.  Don't judge, look for a way to help.  Just like the lady that followed these twins, these two women that needed help, that had no money or means to get the help, yet, this lady found a way to help. 

Try to help and don't judge.  It could be your family.

I am so proud of this woman for giving this child up for adoption.  It must have been the most difficult decision of her life.  Yet, she did the right thing for her child.  I am proud of her..

Your red all cap's indicate that this is more to you than someone you saw on televison. 

Look for a way you can help, not judge.

May 9, 2007, 8:46 pm CDT

Tecoa is doing great!

Quote From: trcorkum

Can we get an update on how the twins are NOW?? I'm anxious to know. Thanks!

Tecoa stopped by my house tonight for a few minutes. She is friends with my daughter. My daughter was working at the last rehab Tecoa was at. Tecoa is living in sober living now and works 2 jobs.... 7 days a week. Doing very well! Looks great too!

Little did I know when I watched the twins in the house, that one would end up living nearby and becoming a friend of my daughter.

May 11, 2007, 3:20 pm CDT

Wishing for an update

I wish we could find out how both of these girls are doing.

May 12, 2007, 3:47 pm CDT

Twins

Quote From: meo59101

I wish we could find out how both of these girls are doing.

I heard that Sarah is not doing so well. I'm beginning to have some concerns now about Tecoa. She is in a sober living and she will get extensive dental work and laser to the face if she stays. Dr Phil's show will be paying for it. I would say she is on the fence right now and could go either way! Hope it's the right way!

First | Prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Next | Last