Message Boards

Topic : 12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 402
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 01, 2006, 03:19:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and crack cocaine and were spiraling out of control. A few days into her detox, Sarah begins to emerge from her haze of drug use and painful withdrawal symptoms. Is she committed to the work involved with getting clean? Dr. Phil questions their mother, Cindy, about her own history of alcohol use and how she is sabotaging Tecoa’s sobriety and the health of her unborn baby. Then, Dr. Phil tracks down the sisters’ long-lost stepfather, Perry. They say his disappearance from their lives played a significant role toward their decline into drug use and prostitution. How does Perry explain his absence from their lives, and does his appearance bring closure for Sarah and Tecoa? As the twins begin to take their first steps toward a new life, Dr. Phil informs them that their paths of sobriety will be separate. Will they agree to go to different rehab centers to learn how to stand on their own two feet? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 31, 2007, 3:37 am CDT

chipping

Quote From: wro130

what is chippin

"Chipping" is using heroin, but not so often that you get addicted.

Most users start out chipping, but all but a few end up addicted.  

June 18, 2007, 7:58 pm CDT

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

I too couldn't believe how those girls (and their mother) blamed their father.  After the girls sat down with him and his wife they went back and lied to their mother about what their father said.  He didn't say "I don't want anything to do with you anymore", he also didn't say " your mother couldn't handle your problems so I wanted you to live with me" (duh she obviously couldn't handle their problems anyway). 

How was their father suppose to parent them when their mother didn't keep him truthfully updated?  Blame, blame, blame, that's all I heard and make Mum feel better by putting down Dad and his new wif and then  join in with her while she did it too.

The step-mother voiced her concerns about the girls saying they'd get her little daughter high (before she was born), they were still going to visit their father then, that shows they WERE taking drugs before their father "abandoned" them (another lie).  So their father wanting to distance himself from their actions (stealing and lying- signs of drug use) wasn't when they started taking drugs. 

That baby will be born with poblems because of the drugs the mother chose to put in her body.  When the child comes to her one day and asks why she/he has developmental problems will that be blamed on the mother's "bad" father and step-mother too or will she accept her own responsibility?  (I'm guess the former)

June 18, 2007, 8:14 pm CDT

Responsible choices

Quote From: new2unme

Thank God she's giving it up for adoption, and I will commend her on that. She could choose to keep the baby, draw a welfare check and then neglect the child. This may be the only responsibel choice she's ever made.
This was not her first pregnancy (as someone else mentioned).  It would have been a responsible choice if it wasn't her second time around, a more responsible choice would have been to use contraceptives after the first unwanted child.  Is this the child of one of her prostitution "John's"?  It could be born with more than drug withdrawals if she has been sleeping with men without using correct contraceptives.  What responsible choice?

August 10, 2007, 8:19 pm CDT

if they can read this

I've never been so touched about a story then this one.  I haven't been near people with drug problems.  I never had really hard time in my life (of course here & there some sad moments, frustrations,misunderstandings).  But this story got me right to the heart.  The only one I did a follow-up after seing one of the episode on Dr. Phil's show.

If someday girls you think you are alone, that nobody cares about you, you feel that life is nothing I wish you could know that I do think about you.  I admire all the courage that you have to try to go thru this, to try to get better, to try to believe that a better day will also be for you.  You should be proud of every little step you make.  I hope you realize all the beauty that's in you.  You may not see it but the world had the chance to see the sparkles that your eyes can have.

May you both find the strenght to look ahead, with few regrets but grow in the future with this experience as a life's lesson not has a bullet that will follow you.

Words are not strong enough to express you everything I would like to tell you.  I really admire the courage.  Don't give up.  It really worth it.

Take care

November 22, 2007, 2:58 am CST

to the twins..

I just have to say, Sarah and Tecoa, you look amazing now:) It's probably a while since your story was on tv in usa, but it has been on tv in Norway now, and I've been watching it over the past 3 days. 

You should be really proud over your change, and I'm amazed over your strong will to change.  I have close friends who's been addicted to drugs, so I guess that's why your story really touched me.

Take care and I hope you both will have good lifes in the future, you deserve it.

January 16, 2008, 6:00 pm CST

Heroin Twins

Wow, your story sounds just like my identical twin and me. We both were addicted to crack-cocaine for about 4 years. We both have been clean for about two years now. We were headed to death. My twin sister actually taught me how to smoke it. We were in a lot of terrible, scary situations. We were both gang-raped once while trying to buy more. The best thing is though, is that God delivered us from our addiction. We did not attend NA meetings or anything like that. God was all we needed. We both have children and they suffered terribly during those years. We weren't there for them or for ourselves. It all seems like a bad memory now. My twin and I sometimes talk about the bad days, but, we talk more about how our life has turned around. Keep the faith, girls! I've been praying for the both of you since I saw this episode. Continue to stay focused. Keep away from the triggers. Try to stay encouraged. God bless you both!

February 9, 2008, 2:32 pm CST

12/04 heroin twins missruby36@hotmail.com

whaterever happened to this 2 poor girls where are their lives at now I often think of them

April 16, 2008, 4:59 pm CDT

http://www.amenclinic.com/bp/spect_rotations/viewimage.php?img=da_CS.gif

SPEC scans can open a drug abusers "eyes" when they actually see what they have done to their brain!

Check out  a drug users brain at the above link. One image has more "swiss cheese" holes than actual brain matter.

I wish DR. Phil would use this type of visual to help people stop!

February 26, 2009, 5:42 pm CST

Quote From: cher254

You too are a tough cookie for a young girl....Keep it up sweetie!
thank you very much.. I know this is an old topic..and i havent posted on the message boards for like ever .. I am turning 17 next week.. but thank you for saying this.. things have gotten better for me, what happened in the past will always be there,  but it's not so much at the forefront of my life anymore.. I still sing and do what I love to do..but I appriciate your post :)

April 14, 2009, 2:04 pm CDT

my 28 yr old son dead

wish somwone could have helped my son,he was a sweet young man with 5 yr old twins,he died of an overdose 3-11-09,my heart is broken,he was the joy of my life,Joshua fought a long battle with drugs since age 16,he was 28 when he died.We did everything,3 rehabs,one in New York,a 13 hr drive from North carolina.We lost our home paying for help,lawyers and paying off drug dealers who threathened to kill our family,Joshua has 2 sisters.His dad and I have been married for 45 yrs,I was 15,he 17,Husband worked har as house painter,we bought a new home,we lost everything and would do it again,that's how precious he was to us.Joshua was remembered at his funeral as the guy with the big heart and always a smile.Our son never was disrespectful to us,even in his darkest times,except the last yr.He lost weight,had dealers after him,he was afraid.Where was someone when I tried to save my precious son,yes I am bitter and full of grief,when is something going to be done to help our young people?Gov.acts like there is no problem,when i know where the crack house are and I have kicked in a few doors when Joshua was younger to tell them to leave my son alone,I could write a book about my son and the agony we have gone thru.He is resting now for the first time in 12 yrs,only thing that keeps me from being with him.His loving mom Linda

First | Prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Next | Last