Message Boards

Topic : 12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 402
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 01, 2006, 03:19:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and crack cocaine and were spiraling out of control. A few days into her detox, Sarah begins to emerge from her haze of drug use and painful withdrawal symptoms. Is she committed to the work involved with getting clean? Dr. Phil questions their mother, Cindy, about her own history of alcohol use and how she is sabotaging Tecoa’s sobriety and the health of her unborn baby. Then, Dr. Phil tracks down the sisters’ long-lost stepfather, Perry. They say his disappearance from their lives played a significant role toward their decline into drug use and prostitution. How does Perry explain his absence from their lives, and does his appearance bring closure for Sarah and Tecoa? As the twins begin to take their first steps toward a new life, Dr. Phil informs them that their paths of sobriety will be separate. Will they agree to go to different rehab centers to learn how to stand on their own two feet? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 4, 2006, 1:30 pm CST

Not Dad/s fault!

Quote From: lbischof

Maybe I am the only one, but I TOTALLY understand protecting one's child from bad influences. The fact that these girls got each other involved in drugs supports Perry's difficult decision to not allow them into their lives out of concern for their other daughter. I would have done the same thing. As unfortunate and painful as it is, I am sure these girls (once they sober up) would do the same thing for their own future children. Everyone knows that when someone is an addict the last thing they are thinking about is the safety and concern of other people. I am curious as to why Perry is taking the hardest hit in the blame for the road gone wrong. What about this mother who STILL doesn't have common sense figured out. She is toxic! I know PLENTY of children of divorce and especially where one parent choses to lose contact. Sure there are scars that come with that, but not everyone becomes a drug addict. Where is your heavy hammer with the mother Dr. Phil? This mother seems to be the common denominator. Regardless of how life has dealt these poor girls a hard blow, THEY need to take responsibility for sticking the needle in their arm. At one point, one of the girls said to Perry, "we wouldn't have gone down this road if you were around...." Sounds to me like this is something they heard from their mother. Enough already, they are old enough to know better than that. There comes a time when one has to take responsibility. I am so angry with this mother and disapointed in you Dr. Phil that you have not been tougher with her. Laurie in NJ

December 4, 2006, 1:31 pm CST

the twins

I just wanted to say as adoptive parent of two teenage boys, whom the biological parents left and the adopted father left has tragically hurt them and they are facing big problems in the future, but to attack this adopted Father who seems like he really did try and not even mention the biological Father was not appropriate. I know all things seem different on TV but this could have been dealt with a little better.  I have expierence with all the above and its not easy to stay with unconditional love when you have to deal with a mother like Cindy. She was very rude about them and the kids were very blameful and all she wanted to do was ask if he blamed her, worried about herself very selfish person to be blaming someone else. Please feel free to e-mail me about this. I would really like some advice.

Thanks

Terry Kivlehen

December 4, 2006, 1:32 pm CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

My name is Jennifer and I am 19 years old. For the past year and a half I lived in downtown Annapolis with my boyfriend. During this time I would see Sarah and Tecoa nearly everyday on my street or at the gas station accross the street. I just wanted to tell you that even though I never knew these girls I am so excited, releaved, overjoyed, I just dont even know how to explain to you how happy it made me when I saw that they were coming on your show.
One night I was leaving my house and I drove past Sarah. She must have been on herion this night because she couldnt even walk. Her body was looked like it was contorting. She was alone and stumbling down the street. It was very scarey to see. Seeing her like this was heartbreaking. It made me sad to see these young girls, everyday that I would go and get gas, getting in the car with these nasty old men. It brings tears to my eyes every week when I watch this show and see there progress. I am so happy for them to have an opportunity like this. I pray for them and their mom. I hope that they make it through this rehab and can get their lives together and go back to being beautifull young women. I thank you Dr. Phil for giving them this chance and sticking by them. I wish them luck in the future and I will continue watching their progress and praying for them. -Jennifer

December 4, 2006, 1:32 pm CST

Gosh, I wonder

who was the instrument behind their father's attitude? That's such a hard thing to figure out, isn't it? Why is it that when guys get with another woman, his kids from the previous relationship are instantly diposable? Yet, when a woman has kids, the man is supposed to bond with them at once? I am so sick of seeing this double standard and watching guys like this totally wimp out.Its fairly obvious who runs that family because it gives Perry a big hiding place! SHAME ON BOTH OF THEM!

December 4, 2006, 1:33 pm CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

I am just sick that the mother of these 2 girls would drink alcohol with her pregnant daughter.  We adopted a son that was born to a mother that partied thru the entire pregnancy.  We were his foster parents for 3 years before we adopted him.  His bio mom did cocaine, alcohol and marijuana.  This little boy is now 9 years old and has to live with the effects of these drugs the rest of his life.  He is ADHD, Bipolar, has a cleft palate, speech problems and FAS.  He is a handful on a daily basis. We need to watch his every move.  He is very impulsive and can be aggressive.   We say that he should be a poster child for why we don't party while pregnant.  We have a wonderful support system in place.  No mother should do this to their unborn child.  Being involved in the foster care program for 8 years, we have seen many children born to drugs and alcohol.  Problems that these children are born with are so preventable

December 4, 2006, 1:34 pm CST

Wo Wo Wo there.........

Quote From: beachloverfl

What totally amazes me...................the mother.......these girls are HER responsibility........HER number one job..........HER number one concern...........HER number one priority...........when we decide to have children........we as parents have taken on a new job a new responsibilty.............The mother has NOT done this.............she has failed as so many parents have in this country.............

I agree with mostly all you said except the last line....

Life ebbs and flows.

The mother could have turned her back on the twins but she did not.  She was at the Dr Phil house too....

That to me would have been failure. 

(Even when her daughter didnt call her when she was high she sat there in California and ate dinner with her daughters.)

All family members have to own their accountablitie here....

Dysfunctional Family behavior may start with the parents but it then continues to the children and others family members like a slow dying cancer.

You sound so mad.

Did your parents fail you?

That was not asked disrespectfully at all,  just maybe because you had such a harsh view you were harmed in someway.

xox

December 4, 2006, 1:36 pm CST

Girls

I will keep you in my prayers and wish you both the best in your recovery process.

NA Works if you work it.

F.E.A.R =  Face everything and recover  (Unknown) at a meeting in N.J.

xox

December 4, 2006, 1:37 pm CST

IM PRAYING FOR THESE TWINS

I BELIEVE IN THESE GIRLS.LOOK AT THEM THEY LOOK SO MUCH BETTER SINCE DR.PHIL STEPPED IN TO HELP.HE IS A GREAT GUY....I DONT KNOW ANYONE WITH THIS KINDA DRUG PROBLEM,BUT BOY ITS A DRUG IM GLAD NOT TO KNOW.THE GIRLS LOOKED A LITTLE SAD WHEN DR.PHIL SAID THEY WERE GOING TO 2 SEPERATE DRUG REHABS BUT THEN THEY SEEMED OK.I FEEL FOR THIS MOM CAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF MY CHILDREN WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS WITH DRUGS.I GUESS THE MORE IM THERE FOR THEM MAYBE I CAN PREVENT SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING.THEY KNOW MOM KNOWS EVERYTHING...I WANNA THANK DR.PHIL AND EVERYONE WHOS HELPED THESE TWINS AND I PRAY FOR THE BEST FOR THEM.WATCHING THESE GIRLS ON DR.PHIL REALLY HURTS I SEEM TO DO NOTHING BUT SIT AND CRY BUT TODAY SEEMED BETTER THEY SEEM TO BE DOING GOOD SO FAR....THEYRE MAKE IT THRU AND BE PRETTY AGAIN..WHAT ABOUT THIS UNBORN I FEEL FOR IT CAUSE ITS BEEN EXPOSED TO THAT NASTY DRUG..

December 4, 2006, 1:41 pm CST

What???

Many people become addicts and alcoholics without abusive parents. So many finger pointing and so little talking about the DISEASE itself. There is no evidence that any one life event makes a person prone to addeiction. Get these girls to treatment where they can interact with other addicts.

December 4, 2006, 1:43 pm CST

Thank you

Dr. Phil and staff,

The last few Mondays with the twins, has been so heart felt, thank you so much for being so caring-and genourous.
The tools you gave the twins was really wonderful. I really do believe they can and will make it.

I Tivo all your shows, and my husband and I watch them in the evenings after dinner. It gives us more time together, and we love to discuss the different topics you address.

Again Thank you,

Carol Rains
There is Hope...
A United Voice for Chronic Pain

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last