Message Boards

Topic : 12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Number of Replies: 402
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 01, 2006, 03:19:25 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his work with twin sisters who are addicted to heroin and crack cocaine and were spiraling out of control. A few days into her detox, Sarah begins to emerge from her haze of drug use and painful withdrawal symptoms. Is she committed to the work involved with getting clean? Dr. Phil questions their mother, Cindy, about her own history of alcohol use and how she is sabotaging Tecoa’s sobriety and the health of her unborn baby. Then, Dr. Phil tracks down the sisters’ long-lost stepfather, Perry. They say his disappearance from their lives played a significant role toward their decline into drug use and prostitution. How does Perry explain his absence from their lives, and does his appearance bring closure for Sarah and Tecoa? As the twins begin to take their first steps toward a new life, Dr. Phil informs them that their paths of sobriety will be separate. Will they agree to go to different rehab centers to learn how to stand on their own two feet? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 3, 2006, 9:52 pm CST

My heart is breaking

I just found out that my 45 yr. old brother who has one child and one on the way is using again.  Crack.  He hasn't been home now for two days, very unlike him.  No one has heard from him. 

I don't know anything about drug users.  How they act, how they think.  I only want to know how I can help.  Can  my love or my sisters love stop him from using?  He doesn't know we know, as his girlfriend finally told us (she is due in one month) because she was so afraid of his anger if she told us.  How do we confront him?  His job suspended him for one week and is giving him another chance...but now look, he's missing.  I'm going crazy.  Someone please wake me up from this nightmare.

December 3, 2006, 11:13 pm CST

MY OWN DEMONS

I had a problem with JIM BEAM at one time.I thought I was hiding it well till one day I over heard my 6 year old daughter explain to her friend how my glass vase was broken.She informed her that "mommy had broke it last night when she was drunk". Those words made my heart skip a beat, ididnt even know she was watching me.Since then I  have been sober! SO I wish the twins all the luck in the world and may GOD BLESS THEM!!

December 3, 2006, 11:21 pm CST

Pray for the unborn

My heart goes out to the unborn child that the one twin is carrying.  It saddens and angers me that she should be allowed to harm that baby as she is doing.  This child will no doubt be born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and drug addiction.  Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) and Fetal Alcohol Effect (FAE) are the ONLY birth defects that can be totally prevented.  My husband and I have done a lot of research on the subject while we were taking classes to prepare us for High Risk foster care. 

My husband and I adopted the first high risk child that we cared for.  He came to us at 5 months old with FAS and drug addiction.  We were told that he had FAS but really didn't know how involved he actually was.  He is autistic, ADHD, has mild CP, microcephally, brain atrophy, left side hemiperisis, dysphagia, g-tube, apraxia, and global developmental delays with his speech being the most affected. (This is only a partial list)  He is 17yrs old now and functions at approximately 3-4 yrs of age.

Our son has many problems, is on several medications to help him control his behaviors and aggressions.   He will never be able to care for himself and with his aggressions and strength, his dad and I won't be able to keep him with us for long.   We have never had respite care for him and he has been with us except for his hospitalizations.  (we do have 3 older boys who have helped out when they could) I am out of my mind with worry over where he will live or who will care for him when we no longer can.  Anyone could take advantage of him and he wouldn't understand. 

Just thinking of the life that poor baby might live just breaks my heart.  I wish there were some way to make these girls care about what they are doing to their unborn children.  I can only pray.

December 3, 2006, 11:46 pm CST

Dont give up on him...

Quote From: roldangirl

I just found out that my 45 yr. old brother who has one child and one on the way is using again.  Crack.  He hasn't been home now for two days, very unlike him.  No one has heard from him. 

I don't know anything about drug users.  How they act, how they think.  I only want to know how I can help.  Can  my love or my sisters love stop him from using?  He doesn't know we know, as his girlfriend finally told us (she is due in one month) because she was so afraid of his anger if she told us.  How do we confront him?  His job suspended him for one week and is giving him another chance...but now look, he's missing.  I'm going crazy.  Someone please wake me up from this nightmare.

Hi I am an addict..I have struggled with addiction for 14 yrs...I can tell you from an addicts point of view  that all the love in the world will not stop us for using...I had and still have the most supportive family who thank God have not gave up on me...but the hard truth is you have to want to change..I have been clean from herion now for over two years...I went on the methadone program...I decided a year into that I wanted off...and within 6 weeks I was off methadone...and have been for a year...I refuse to a herion junkie again...But again it was my choice...

Your brother has to want to get clean, all you can do is be supportive, let him know you care, this is my opionon of course...my family didnt shut me out and I am glad they didnt cause I probably woundnt be writing this if they had,...I still smoke crack cocaine and inject cocaine not everyday but at least 3-4 times a week.......and its a rush...it numbs you...nothing matters but getting that next rock or fix,,,,but everyone around me knows the signs...which are moody, disappearing for hours or days, or spending to much time in the bathroom, always needing a lighter, spoons that are bent..black on the bottom, your pupils go huge, you cant sit still, your body is racing....and the come down sucks...you feel lost, lonely, empty, you want that rush so bad it can make you say and do mean things to people especially the ones you love the most cause they will usually always take it from us..makes you wonder why after your down why you would want to do it all over again...

We lie, we steal, we do what we have to, to get drugs, we make up stories that sound great to us but make no sense to someone else...we play on people emotions, weakness, thats what addicts do. We lie about where are money has gone...say we spent it on things that we dont have...lent it to people..and never get it back...And Blame other people for are using...we always can find an excuse to use. I am over the blame part...I know now that everything I do is cause I want  to...its all about choices and yes I am still making wrong ones but its getting better...

There are lots of support groups around...for people affected by others addictions...you probably could find one on here. Hope things change for the better for you.,,,,

December 4, 2006, 3:17 am CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Everyday we loose so many of our loved to drugs and alcohol and and keep turning a deaf ear we need to look at this plague head-on and we need to stop hiding our shame when we think that one of our babies is doing drugs and alcohol is the worst of all because it is almost UN American to go to a social function and not have a drink or twenty.  I just recently lost an acquaintance she was 23 years old and she was parting with her buddies and over dosed on meth and they got so scared that they threw her in the trunk and left her the car on a side street assuming that she was dead instead of just calling 911 for fear of what might happen to them. Dr. Phil thank you for looking this head on and making those who care aware and offering hope and the best about your show is that it is not a three ring circus of sensational garbage.

CAS

December 4, 2006, 4:39 am CST

the best thing you could do for him is<

Quote From: roldangirl

call the police tell them what you know and let him be picked up, its plain to see he hasnt reached rock bottom, make the call, he will hate you in the beginning but after hes been clean for a while he will see you only did what you had to to save his life, dont wait, he sure as hell wont make the call<>

December 4, 2006, 5:00 am CST

12/04 Heroin Twins: The Intervention, Part 3

Quote From: briiana

hey does anybody know how i can or where i can add a video  or get a video of sarah and tecoa to put on myspace?

You can put a link to this page but to put them in

your Myspace would be wrong without thier

permission, don't ya think?

they agreed to the Dr. phil show in a desparate time,

after that it is thier life to decide how much they want

thier face plastered on the web sites?

Just thinking of what thier future can be?

They have a very long hard road ahead and one show alone

giving public vision of them will be hard enough to get past.

December 4, 2006, 5:37 am CST

Cold Turkey Heroin Detox on Tape

I grew up in a drug infested neighborhood.  I watched as friend and family member alike got bitten by the heroin bug and how each of those people spiraled out of control to destruction.   Today more than twenty years after my teen years still I see the same people with no hope and helplessly addicted to heroin.   In february 2002 I decided to do something about the heroin addiction that plagued my neighborhood, my family, even my race.  In february 2002 myself and three friends traveled to a remote mountain cabin of Tennessee to help a friend kick his 15 year addiction to heroin.  We video taped the whole ordeal to show to young people what they were in for when they tried heroin.  The resulting documentary has been heralded.  I would like to make the documentary available to dr.phil and his staff along with the graphic footage of cold turkey detox that has never been seen before. 

December 4, 2006, 5:40 am CST

coldturkey heroin detox

Quote From: briiana

hey does anybody know how i can or where i can add a video  or get a video of sarah and tecoa to put on myspace?
go to www.itstoghtogetoffdrugs.com there is footage of ral cold tukey heroin detox, or got to youtube.com and do a serch for heroin detox, the footage from the documentary HairKuTT is there it is a real lif cold tukey detox much more graphic than the twins.

December 4, 2006, 5:55 am CST

If I can do it, so can anyone

I a 25 years old, and spent 12 of those years addicted to drugs. I was a heroin addict for five years. There were times when I was doing 25-30 packs of heroin a day.  I spent two years in jail, overdosed several times, and was almost beat to death by drug dealers. I put my family through hell, but they stuck with me.

I have now been completely free of all substances for about 3 years. And I have a life I never dreamed of. I am one week away from getting my Associates Degree in human services, and I got married back in August. While I was in a drug treatment program in upstate New York, I wrote a story of my life. This story was all of the bad things that I have done. This story consisted of about 170 pages.

After I returned home from the program, my father and I decided to write a book about my life. We wrote it and self published it. The book is a story told in my shoes, giving people the feeling of actually being a drug addict. We take you through everything. I am trying to help the world with my story. Everyone needs to hear this message, drug addiction is a very scary thing. I was lucky enough to live though my past, but most people are not. If I can overcome this addiction any one can. Please go to our website and check out my story at: http://onlymortalscanbeheroes.com .

Please let me know if I can help anyone in any way!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last