Message Boards

Topic : 06/19 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 191
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 01, 2006, 03:21:00 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 12/05/06) Dr. Phil and Robin answer viewer questions! Melissa wrote in because her boyfriend, Destin, believes gambling is his right because he’s the man of the house. But Destin’s hobby caused them to lose their home, and Melissa fears that their son will grow up without basic necessities. Robin shares her own personal experience with a father who had a gambling problem and offers hope for this family’s future. Then, meet a couple at odds over whether giving their children “kiddie cocktails” will promote underage drinking and glorify alcoholic behavior. Plus, a young woman who thinks affection is “gross,” a woman who needs more romance, and a special surprise for an inspirational woman devoted to changing the lives of young burn victims. Join the discussion!

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 5, 2006, 1:04 pm CST

Ask Dr. Phil and Roblin

I found today's show so emotional.  I commend Dr. Phil and Robin for the Heart Of A Woman award.  It was great to see such a wonderful gift and award go to such a Well Deserving Woman. 

I was quite shocked to learn about Robin's past and sympathize as I too come from an alcoholic disfunctional home.  As we all know we have to pick up and promise ourselves to live a better life than what we have come from. 

Great show as always.

December 5, 2006, 1:07 pm CST

GAMBLER IS RUINED MY LIFE

HELP i AM AT A LOSS,

MY HUSBAND OF 10 YEARS GAMBLED EVERYTHING AWAY.

HE SAID HE WAS HUNTING AND WENT AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND. NEXT I KNEW BOOM IT WAS GONE. HE DOES NOT DRINK OR USE DRUGS.

HE IS JUST SO DIFFERENT SINCE I MET HIM. HE IS A MIDLIFE MESS!

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

HE PUTS ME DOWN AND BLAMES ME FOR ALL HIS PROBLEMS AND HE SAYS THAT HE DOES NOT LOVE ME ANYMORE.

I LIVE IN FEAR ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I NEVER KNOW WHAT TO DO.

HE NEEDS COUNCELING BUT WONT .

THANKYOU FOR ROBIN SHARING HER STORY TODAY i AM WATCHING IT CRYING KNOWING EXACTLY THE PAIN AND HURT.

WHAT DO I DO - I AM SO EMBARRASED AND FEEL SO UNWORTHY.

WHAT DO I DO-

DOTTYOF OZ.

December 5, 2006, 1:15 pm CST

GAMBLERS SHOW

DR PHIL AND ROBIN

HOW DO PEOPLE AT HOME GET OUT OF THE HOUSE?

i SEE YOU HELPING BUT WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR THE HOMEVIEWERS. i  AM TRYING TO GET OUT.

THIS SIDE OF THE DOOR NO MORE!

YOU ARE WELCOME TO HELP ME BY SHOWING ME WHERE OR HOW i CAN  TOO!

PLEASE REALIZE I AM SO SERIOUS AND AM A BIG FAN AND BELIEVER IN YOU AND WHEN YOU SAID THAT TO HER i KNEW YOU WOULD SAY THE SAME TO ME BUT THE THING IS WHERE DO VIEWERS GO FOR HELP?

WHAT DO I DO?

PLEASE I AM SO SCARED AND LOST....

December 5, 2006, 1:20 pm CST

Wow! what nice teeth!

Dear Dr. Phil and Robin

For many shows now i couldn't help but notice what beautiful teeth you guys have.  I know, strange comment but my husband and I have been new product junkies when it comes to teeth whitening products. We have tried stripes, gels, pens, trays, pastes and bleach.  We have started to wonder if we are doing more harm than good in the long run.

All we want is that celebrity smile like you and Robin.

Can you pass on your secret???  All we want for Christmas is a big white smile :)

Happy Holidays

December 5, 2006, 1:26 pm CST

ASK DR PHIL AND ROBIN

DR PHIL AND ROBIN,

i REALLY WANT YOU TO HELP ME FIND A WAY OF SURVIVING THIS PROBLEM I AM IN.

i AM TRYING HARD TO GET OUT OF THIS DOOR WAY IN ONE PIECE.

WHAT ARE YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING OUT OF A ABUSIVE SITIUATION.

WHAT ARE THE STEPS?

hOW DO i GET ON MY FEET?

wHERE DO i GO?

IS THERE A WAY?

IS THERE HOPE?

i NEED THE ADVICE AND HELP now !!!!!!

I AM SO TIRED AND I AM SO SCARED AND LOST.

PLEASE

HELP ME,

DOTTY OF OZ.

December 5, 2006, 1:28 pm CST

Robin's story broke my heart

Robin, I'm so sorry for the situation with gambling by your father and the impact it had on your young life. I'm so happy that you have a wonderful husband who treats you so well! You and your family will be in my thoughts this holiday season.

I'm the daughter of an alcoholic (Mom) and my father was only around for weekend visits. I understand about wondering if it was your fault.  It is clear that you embody your mother's strength!

December 5, 2006, 1:31 pm CST

Oh Dottie :(

Quote From: dottyofoz

HELP i AM AT A LOSS,

MY HUSBAND OF 10 YEARS GAMBLED EVERYTHING AWAY.

HE SAID HE WAS HUNTING AND WENT AWAY FOR THE WEEKEND. NEXT I KNEW BOOM IT WAS GONE. HE DOES NOT DRINK OR USE DRUGS.

HE IS JUST SO DIFFERENT SINCE I MET HIM. HE IS A MIDLIFE MESS!

I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

HE PUTS ME DOWN AND BLAMES ME FOR ALL HIS PROBLEMS AND HE SAYS THAT HE DOES NOT LOVE ME ANYMORE.

I LIVE IN FEAR ALL THE TIME BECAUSE I NEVER KNOW WHAT TO DO.

HE NEEDS COUNCELING BUT WONT .

THANKYOU FOR ROBIN SHARING HER STORY TODAY i AM WATCHING IT CRYING KNOWING EXACTLY THE PAIN AND HURT.

WHAT DO I DO - I AM SO EMBARRASED AND FEEL SO UNWORTHY.

WHAT DO I DO-

DOTTYOF OZ.

I'm so sorry for your situation. YOU haven't done anything wrong. Your husband sounds like he has some serious issues, including the addiction. You need to protect yourself and your children (if you have children).

You'll be in my thoughts!

December 5, 2006, 1:40 pm CST

Counseling helps

Quote From: vevila

I'd like to understand more about how this woman feels.  I have very severe PTSD after many years of abuse, and while I do hope the 'gross feeling' eventually subsides, there is no way on this earth that I can even think about being intimate with a man at this time in my life.
 I've been married five years and have had a handful of serious relationships before then. Even now, the act of intimacy (kissing, something even more intimate) tenses me up and I trust my husband SO much. It can be SO hard to get beyond that past abuse and the way the memories make you automatically tense up. Trust and counseling can help a lot, but having the right partner is the absolute best. Mine has put his understanding in me and my past, and I'm so fortunate to have him!

Good luck. I hope you can find your way to trusting again,

December 5, 2006, 1:43 pm CST

Gambling, Drinking

Robin,
I am sorry you had to deal with what I did growing up, and I pray that the couple on your show will take the help offered today to stop his gambling and drinking! Growing up, my father was never home, he was either at the racetrack gambling, at a bar drinking & gambling, or with another woman. I lived this life till my 16th bithday. On one occasion, I can remember my dad actually coming home to get clothes, and his "other woman" was in the car (a new car I may add).  While my dad was getting clothes, my mom proceeded out the door with a baseball bat and broke out every window in that car. That was the first time I saw my mom stand up for herself.
Today, my dad has changed, but I can't let go of those memories, and how it affected me. Can you help me in this endeavor, I want to let go of the past!

December 5, 2006, 1:57 pm CST

Good Show today

Dr Phil when you made that tongue in cheel comment to the dad who is against "kiddie cocktails" about his three daughters, all I could think of was my husband who lived with 4 daughters and me. A total of 5 women in his life. He says that's why he's bald, having to put up with 5 women. I see nothing wrong with kiddie drinks, it doesn't promote alcoholism at all. The fathers drinking in front of his children is a bigger advertisement for drinking than kiddie cocktails. In that I agree with your son. Our kids watch us all the time. Even when we think we have gotten away with something, our kids know and will call us on it everytime. Especially when we least expect it.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last