Message Boards

Topic : 12/11 Dr. Phil and Robin’s Christmas Show!

Number of Replies: 310
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 08, 2006, 02:28:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil and Robin invite you to celebrate the holidays with their family - Jay, Erica, Jordan and even Dr. Phil’s mom! As National Spokespersons for Toys for Tots, Dr. Phil and Robin are making dreams comes true for deserving families who fill the audience. The performers from Dancing with the Stars Tour have tangoed, waltzed and salsa danced into millions of viewers’ homes. They help Dr. Phil and Robin spread a little holiday cheer. Then, Vanessa Williams, who plays the mean boss on the new hit show Ugly Betty, brings a surprise guest. Plus, Jay and his new wife, Erica, share some of their favorite things, the cast of How I Met Your Mother drops by, and a celebrity performance you won’t want to miss! Get the scoop on the hottest games and electronics for your family’s holiday list! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 29, 2006, 1:59 pm CST

Dr.Phil reruns

Quote From: vodoosally

anyone know when they will re-run that epiosde??

the channel and the date

please ...thanks in advance

Although we get to watch reruns of the Dr.Phil Show during summer hiatus, usually the Christmas giveaway show is not repeated.  Maybe it's because it's a winter holiday show, as opposed to any other regular show that is good to watch anytime year round.  Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

January 2, 2007, 8:21 am CST

Christmas "home" giveaway

Excuse me, but when will we ever see the winners of the home giveaway ?  That was way back in the middle of December and it now is Jan 2.  Maybe there really was no home giveaway ?? Have looked at the website frequently and while I have seen other updates there has been nothing more about the home giveaway other than that the contest is closed.

January 7, 2007, 8:48 am CST

12/11 Dr. Phil and Robin’s Christmas Show!

Quote From: tolovelife

I admire the fact that Dr. Phil and his wife, and affiliates of the show are as gracious as they are.  However if indeed the individuals/families in the audience were effected by Katrina or were plainly in need due to financial issues/hardtimes (or whatever).....then shouldn't they be given more practical gifts? (before I get blasted with replies I know they were given some necessity items--but it was very few items)  Don't get me wrong...I am all for brightening the faces of children and their families and giving them what they want, but not in the excess that Dr. Phil did.  Now I am not sure of the amount of each package that was given away but I would guess it was well over $5000 per person.   

I have never lost my home-through financial issues or natural disastor, but I have been in what I would call dire straights before. Living paycheck to paycheck, never seeing my husband because he worked nights and I worked days (this was in the beginning of our marriage).  And recently I lost my job of 6 1/2 years.  I am currently on unemployment (for a short time).  I have an education and my husband and I now own a business.........but I can guarantee you that we will never have a Christmas like Dr. Phil gave those people. 

And this is not because of money it is because of principal. I want my son to work for what he gets, just like we have had to do.  I see manipulators every day and it makes me sick.  People who will take and take so that they don't have to work.  They don't have jobs because they choose not to, and choose cigarettes over shoes for their kids. 

I am sure Dr. Phil had a great team of experts do background checks and verify info on each and everyone of the audience members for this particular show.  But it still does not sit well with me when I personally have worked my butt off since I was 14 and have chosen never to put myself in such a financial issue that I needed to depend on others for "gifts".  I do not doubt that katrina victims are still dealing with the horrible horrible disastor.  And I believe that they are owed something for their losses.  And I would hope that many of them if not all had some type of insurance. And I would like to think that in the event I was in a natural disastor that there would be help for me too.  But when it is purely a financial situation....I get a little aggravated.

When I read an article stating that $1000's of dollars given to the victims of Katrina (on giftcards) was used for items such as tatoos, booze, and non-neccessity items it made be sick because they were ruining/damaging future help for other victims that may actually use the money wisely.

I just wonder how many of the people from this show sold their items when they received them...so that they could have the cash instead.?

I am sure that more than not were very grateful and needed a boost from the situation they have been living in.  But I can not help but feel bitter about these kinds of shows especially when people should learn how to pull themselves up by their bootstraps like the rest of us have to. 

I truly hope that they all--Including Dr. Phil and his family, had a great Christmas.  I know we did--and this is the first year in 13 that my husband and I did not get material (purchased) gifts.  I just feel like the whole holiday is over commercialized and shows like this just add to my frustration about the holidays. 

well you should be verry happy to see all those people having a christmas filled with many great gifts that you and i may never see, i know i was,and i hope they get a chance to do the very same thing for people who have never gotton things this nice before in there life, who knows maybe you will be on dr phils christmas list next year,and he will make sure you receve what you think to be practial as to make your year brighter for you as well.

January 7, 2007, 8:53 am CST

Quote From: ragdoll22

Excuse me, but when will we ever see the winners of the home giveaway ?  That was way back in the middle of December and it now is Jan 2.  Maybe there really was no home giveaway ?? Have looked at the website frequently and while I have seen other updates there has been nothing more about the home giveaway other than that the contest is closed.
you know we may never get to see who won those many gifts, but you can be assured there was a christmas show home give away and some one was the lucky winner, dr phil would not scam the public, but to me it dosent matter who won them ,it was just the thought of dr phil being kind enough to think of all his many viewers at this time of year, who knows maybe one day he will tell the world where all those lovely gifts went to.

January 9, 2007, 12:53 pm CST

you know it would be a very wonderful thing if nasa would bring these sats back and auction them off for toys for tots, they do seem to be for sale any ways.

December 14, 2007, 10:52 am CST

hey

hi i am a victum of a homeless shelter and i was wondering if you could send me all of the stuff that i saw on your christmas show yesterday thanks quin.

December 14, 2007, 10:55 am CST

no

Quote From: wooleylamb

Although we get to watch reruns of the Dr.Phil Show during summer hiatus, usually the Christmas giveaway show is not repeated.  Maybe it's because it's a winter holiday show, as opposed to any other regular show that is good to watch anytime year round.  Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

read above

December 16, 2007, 6:55 pm CST

CHRISTMAS

I think what Dr. Phil  and Robin do for other people is GREAT!

YOU ARE SO WARM AND CARING NOT JUST AT CHRISTMAS BUT ALL YEAR!

YOUR CHRISTMAS ROCKS!

December 16, 2008, 4:04 pm CST

how do you enter 2 win!!!!!

how do you enter to win todays stuff????Where do you go???? It said there will 4 times today to enter but when i go to there it says it is closed, but it is the time it says to be there to enter!!!! Ughhhhhh Help!!!Thank yOU

February 26, 2009, 10:57 pm CST

The Best!

I know I am SUPER late on this, but my life has been out of control since this show.  I am so blessed to have been an audience member for this show.  I did not stop crying the ENTIRE time I was there.  I cannot believe the love and tireless hours that went into making this such a special occasion and for someone like me to be able to attend was just out of this world!  Thank you Dr. Phil and family and to all the wonderful companies and people that made this possible.  It's nice to know in the times we live in that there are still wonderful and caring people in the world. 

First | Prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next Page | Last Page