Message Boards

Topic : 12/11 Dr. Phil and Robin’s Christmas Show!

Number of Replies: 310
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 08, 2006, 02:28:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil and Robin invite you to celebrate the holidays with their family - Jay, Erica, Jordan and even Dr. Phil’s mom! As National Spokespersons for Toys for Tots, Dr. Phil and Robin are making dreams comes true for deserving families who fill the audience. The performers from Dancing with the Stars Tour have tangoed, waltzed and salsa danced into millions of viewers’ homes. They help Dr. Phil and Robin spread a little holiday cheer. Then, Vanessa Williams, who plays the mean boss on the new hit show Ugly Betty, brings a surprise guest. Plus, Jay and his new wife, Erica, share some of their favorite things, the cast of How I Met Your Mother drops by, and a celebrity performance you won’t want to miss! Get the scoop on the hottest games and electronics for your family’s holiday list! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 11, 2006, 9:52 am CST

Kind of

Quote From: ashleyriddle

i think that they are doingthis for a good cause.. dont you

If it is going to be about Toys for Tots then that is all it should be.  There are many other needy people than those in his audience that can't afford to attend!

December 11, 2006, 10:06 am CST

to Dr phil with love

Hi Dr phil and all stuff Iam a muslim yong boy from saudi arabia and i am a big fan of Dr phil I watch him every day twice and i love his advices and jokes too and i hope to meet him one day when i come to usa thank you all and happy holiday to you all .

yours trully , prince k

red_dragoon_112@hotmail.com

December 11, 2006, 10:15 am CST

Please donate to Toys for Tots, or "adopt" an Angel

My favorite Christmas memory is the Chrostmas of 1976.  In July of 1976 my Daddy almost died in an industrial accident.  He fell from 50 feet and got broke all to pieces.  Dring his recovery my Mom had to go to work and support all five of us and she had never worked outside the home and she only had a ninth grade education on top of that. 

As Christmas rolled around my Mom tried her best to explain to us why Santa wasn't coming that year.  We were 8,6, and 4 so I'm sure it upset her more than us, but the money just was not there. 

A neighbor down the street had a brother and he and his wife had no children so they asked my Mom if they could "adopt" us that Christmas.  When we woke up on Christmas morning all the gifts this wonderful couple bought us wouldn't even fit under the tree.  We had stuff spilling down the hall!  we had board games, a new wagon, dolls...............

I am now 36 and every Christmas I still remember the generosity of total strangers.  Every year I donate toys to the Marines and I adopt and Angel because you never know how  this will affect a little one's life.

Misty

December 11, 2006, 10:19 am CST

CHristmas Time

I just finished watching the Dr. Phil show and as I usually like his shows, today I was very upset. Let me explain. I truly believe that the Toys for tots is an awesome organization and I was glad to contribute this year, however how can they justify giving the audience today all that they did? I mean every person getting everything displayed?? I think it was way too much, Now I know the folks that recieved those things probably don't think so, but what about the rest of us? I can't even come close to affording a trip to the Dr. phil show, so please don't think well if you would of been here it could of been you, because NO I can't be there. I know these products need promoting, but nothing that they gave away was cheap, Everything on that show today are things I only dream of. I know I am not on the lowest totem pole for poverty, so how do others feel? Do they feel like me? I know there are plenty people out there that would love to have a nice gift. I know I would. Maybe I am not just upset, but a bit jealous. I am not afraid to admit that since it is the truth, but I must say that there are plenty of us out here that don't have much and this show certainly didn't help. I mean come on, Justin Timberlake jeans??.........I do good to afford Wal-Mart and I am sure Jay and Erica don't shop there for clothes but are theirs any better than mine? Other than theirs has a name on it. Big deal. I am diappointed in Dr. Phil that none of his show today was dedicated to just family and the true meaning of Christmas. Instead it was all about the gifts in which most of us can't afford. I hope someone else sees this matter the way I do.

Upset and a bit jealous in Wyoming

December 11, 2006, 10:33 am CST

I totally agree

Quote From: fall2grace

Jealous, yes a little.  I'm upset because they give so much to the audience.  Had I been able to travel, let alone have the money to attend the show, I would have been there.  I'm disabled, I'm overweight (desperately trying to shed the pounds), I have arthritis in almost every joint of my body and I live in pain every day of my life.  Because I am living on disability income the doctors don't really care to help to much.  Hopefully I will be attending college again to try and get myself out of this hell!  I have written to both Dr. Phil and Robin asking for help with my weight, more than once and I have heard nothing back.  They give so much to people that will probably turn around and sell most of it and yet there are so many like me. 

I'm not a child and I'm not old, I was in a car wreck.  I get tired of watching him giving so much away and I sit here, not able to do anything.  I'm really angry.  I don't care who says they hate me or I should be grateful or whatever.  I am entitled to my feelings and expressing them in a manner that is healthy for me.  I'm not here to please the next person, I'm here for me.  I finally became the most important person in my life!!

I love Christmas, I don't have anyone close anymore to spend the day with so I do spend it alone and because I don't have the money to, I don't have Xmas decorations nor do I want any. 

Spreading the love has gone to far.  It should either be just about the children or none at all!!

Hi there. I don't know you and you don't know me, but I just finished typing a message to post on here and I put close to the same thing as you as far as todays show was concerned. I was thinking as it aired here, this probably is nothing compared to what the McGraws will have for Christmas, I know it is their money and the are generous, but what about us? I will never be on tv and have stardom. I think the toys for tots was awesome, but the rest was depressing.  So you are not  the only one. I to have a weight problem and am struggling to lose it. I would like to keep in touch with you if it all possible. My email address is ChristinaWright211@hotmail.com..................feel free to eamil me and yes my name is Christina.

December 11, 2006, 11:19 am CST

12/11 Dr. Phil and Robin’s Christmas Show!

I have always been a big Christmas lover and this year was no different. I got most of my shopping done (on a very tight budget) and was attending the various parties. All was good. Then we got a call that our granddaughter was sick and had to be put in the hospital. She got the flu and was extremely dehydrated. We went up to the hospital to see her (3 days before her first birthday) and suddenly the holiday season got a whole new meaning. We walked in to her room and looked at those normally big beautiful eyes and could see that she was quite sick. As we sat playing with her and visiting with her mom a group of people knocked on the door and asked to come in. It was a group from a local church who didn't know us but offered some gifts to the baby. They brought her a handmade quilt and a Veggie Tales video. After they prayed with us and left my daughter-in-law said that that was the second such group that had been by. They went to every room in the pediatric ward giving out gifts and making a few children a little happier. That is what this time of year is all about. Making peoples lives a little happier! Last year my husband contracted a nervous disease and was forced to retire from a lifelong career as a firefighter. We are so lucky in the fact that even though we do not have much money we have kids , grandkids , and great friends to fill our lives. Even though you may not have much money you can still have the holiday spirit in your lives. Surround yourselves with friends and family and have a wonderful time just being together. And please remember that it is not the price tag that matters but the love that went into getting the gift that does matter. Even if that gift is something that came from the dollar store or was homemade. It is all in the love........

December 11, 2006, 11:31 am CST

I believe in Santa

Quote From: cdwtexas

My daughter is 8 years old and is labeled as GT at her school.  She likes Dinosaurs, science, and things she can understand because she has evidence to prove they exist.  Yet she still believes in Santa.  I know she is pretty well decided that there is no such person, and that we do all the gift giving, but she happily plays along with us and enjoys the whole charade  immensely.

You see, we explained to her that Santa Claus is more than an image, or a cartoon character.  Santa Claus is the visual embodiment of Love.  He is the spirit of loving giving that takes hold of so many of us at this time.  Whether in celebration of a particular religious observance, or simply because it makes us all feel good to collectively gather and make other people feel good.  The whole thing is about caring and sharing.   I think my child is happy to continue with the whole "believing" in Santa fantasy because all this conspires to create a wonderful time of sharing and making memories, as well as providing some pretty fun gifts for her to receive and give.  I think in her mind, the proof that Santa exists is all the decorations, lights, happy moments spent doing things together, as well her being able to shop for and give gifts to her favorite people, just because she loves them.  So as long as she feels the love, I think for her, there really Is a Santa Claus
I am 36 or as like to tell nosy people I'e been 21 for 15 years! I believe in Santa Claus I always have and I always will. 

December 11, 2006, 12:30 pm CST

Dr. Phil and Robin are great

I just love watching Dr.Phil and Robin's Christmas show. It is wonderful how they always help people in need. And this year they included their sons and their new daughter -in-law. And this year them helping toys for tots even make them more wonderful. Keep up the great work. Dr. Phil and Robin makes a great Mr. and Mrs. Santa Clause.

Happy Holidays!!!!

December 11, 2006, 12:32 pm CST

12/11 Dr. Phil and Robin’s Christmas Show!

Quote From: fall2grace

Jealous, yes a little.  I'm upset because they give so much to the audience.  Had I been able to travel, let alone have the money to attend the show, I would have been there.  I'm disabled, I'm overweight (desperately trying to shed the pounds), I have arthritis in almost every joint of my body and I live in pain every day of my life.  Because I am living on disability income the doctors don't really care to help to much.  Hopefully I will be attending college again to try and get myself out of this hell!  I have written to both Dr. Phil and Robin asking for help with my weight, more than once and I have heard nothing back.  They give so much to people that will probably turn around and sell most of it and yet there are so many like me. 

I'm not a child and I'm not old, I was in a car wreck.  I get tired of watching him giving so much away and I sit here, not able to do anything.  I'm really angry.  I don't care who says they hate me or I should be grateful or whatever.  I am entitled to my feelings and expressing them in a manner that is healthy for me.  I'm not here to please the next person, I'm here for me.  I finally became the most important person in my life!!

I love Christmas, I don't have anyone close anymore to spend the day with so I do spend it alone and because I don't have the money to, I don't have Xmas decorations nor do I want any. 

Spreading the love has gone to far.  It should either be just about the children or none at all!!

you should really try to go forth and sow a few seeds of good cheer to some one who is in need of it, and not sit and condemn the efforts dr phil has made to make a difference,you should make the difference he has made,and if your neighbor makes a difference and so on no child will be with out this christmas, but setting and complaning about the differense dr phil has made will not help the ones you know who are in need, but one should know dr phil has made one hell of a differense4 so many children whom with out him would have gotton nothing at all, you should say a special prayer for dr phil and his family instead of finding falt with his actions !

December 11, 2006, 12:39 pm CST

Give some to your TV views...

Hey Dr. Phil,

Your gift giving is great and thoughtful but it is only to the studio audience.  What about your TV audience?  Why not pick some people from your message board and give to them as well.  Not everyone is able to make it to L.A. and get on your great show.  You have some very loyal TV watchers!

Just a suggestion.

Mary

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last