Message Boards

Topic : 12/14 Extreme Lives

Number of Replies: 65
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 08, 2006, 02:33:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Does your life feel like a fast-paced movie with unbelievable twists and turns? Dr. Phil’s first guest is a woman who knows all about life on the edge. Sharon Osbourne speaks candidly with Dr. Phil about life with Ozzy, her struggle with weight, and her tumultuous journey, which she chronicles in the new autobiography, Extreme. Find out what Sharon did that could have killed her husband, how she handles empty nest blues, and the major cosmetic surgeries she underwent. Then, Tammy and Dan want Dr. Phil to decide if they should throw in the towel on their 17-year marriage. Tammy says Dan cheated on her while she was pregnant, poured a hot pot of spaghetti over her head, and called her every vile name in the book. Dan says it’s Tammy’s fault because she started getting physical with him during their first year of marriage, and now she has no respect for him or their children. It is time to call it quits, or can this couple calm their chaotic relationship? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 14, 2006, 1:48 pm CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Quote From: eula_blue

I would like to add that models do play a important role in young kids lives. Young grow thinking that they have to skin and very tall . I believe their shouldn't be a height or a weight issue when it comes to things in that nature

Can I have the tips for the eating plan that Dr. Phil is going to give Ms. Osborne?

Della

December 14, 2006, 1:50 pm CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Dr. Phil,

Why are you wasting your time with the extreme white couple?  They are bitful and need to quit immediately.

djb

December 14, 2006, 2:10 pm CST

OMG !!!!

This always amazes me......This woman's story is that this all began the day she married!!! That was 17 years ago and of course, 3 innocent children later. She could've annulled this "marriage" the next day and walked away from someone who treated her this way. Please, don't give me the abused women are afraid to leave scenario in this situation. I know well, that scenario.

17 years ago she had no children .....so what the hell makes a woman stay for even 1 day? In this day and age, why do women still think the only way to be a whole woman is to have a man? Any man? Any treatment? When, tried and true truth is... How in the world could anyone possibly love and care about you, when you don't even love or care about yourself? And, guarenteed, when you accomplish this for yourself, a really good, loving, complete man will find a really good, loving, complete woman.

December 14, 2006, 2:27 pm CST

Sharon

Oh, do I ever relate to Sharon! We are about the same age, married young, and our kids are out of the house now.  And, exercise? Puhleeze!!  Could be why I'm overweight, with high blood pressure and high cholesterol! But, the eating and the constant thinkig about food...dreaming about it, planning, etc. That's where I really relate!  When I go shopping (another similarity with Sharon) the most important thing is,,,where and when will we eat?? I hope she is successful in the removal of her band.

December 14, 2006, 2:40 pm CST

I am Sharon Osborne's twin except . . .

Oh . . . my . . .gosh!  When I watched the segment w/Sharon Osborne, it was like watching my life except for 2 things:  1)  I didn't have the belly band so I still carry the wt and 2) my child hood was full of incest, and my teen years multiple rapes.  WOW!

I'd love to have the belly band, but don't have her $ either!  LOL  But the comfort food and the spending to get my husband's attention, the illnesses, kids as center of life, etc.  all there. 

I wished Dr. Phil would have given her detailed help so I (and others like us) could take actives steps.  Can't read his books as they're too emotional and bring up too many childhood hurts.  I keep buying them and tried to read them but end up giving them away to others who need them.

Good luck Sharon! prayers being said for you!

December 14, 2006, 2:43 pm CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Quote From: berryhij1

MelMel's mom, I have access to a database and am able to access the driver's license information. I was able to find information on Henry and Melody Berst.  They both applied for a drivers license in Florida in April of 2006. I have an address but don't want to post it online.  If you would like me to forward this information to you please reply to this with your e-mail address.  Good luck!!
Do you help others find missing children?

December 14, 2006, 2:44 pm CST

Comments on 12/14/06 show

I'm posting a message because of the Thurs, Dec 14, 2006 show and saw myself in the woman who had the band and is having it removed and is scared - only I didn't have to have it removed - I just out ate it! 

I'm not sure what your plan was for her, but would like to know.  I sure liked being 130 - only at that time I had no self-esteem, so even though I was lighter I didn't feel any better.  Since then went through a divorce, went back to school and graduated w/honors, got a new job, met a great guy, and in the interim, learned to love myself no matter what I looked like - now only wish I could shed they mindset of constant eating - don't think I could ever follow any of those diets you come up with, cause hate all green stuff, pastas, chinese, italian, salads - I just like plain foods (meat/potatoes), and of course chocolate and pizza, sandwiches, etc., so I go on diets, but eat the exact same meal every day for weeks until it drives me nuts and that's the end of that.  Usually consists of skinless chicken breasts, green beans, pickled beets, some fruits - can you help?  I was surprised there are other people like me out there, and I have no idea what has made me this way?  Kathy

December 14, 2006, 3:05 pm CST

Shallow perception

Quote From: realinmo

This always amazes me......This woman's story is that this all began the day she married!!! That was 17 years ago and of course, 3 innocent children later. She could've annulled this "marriage" the next day and walked away from someone who treated her this way. Please, don't give me the abused women are afraid to leave scenario in this situation. I know well, that scenario.

17 years ago she had no children .....so what the hell makes a woman stay for even 1 day? In this day and age, why do women still think the only way to be a whole woman is to have a man? Any man? Any treatment? When, tried and true truth is... How in the world could anyone possibly love and care about you, when you don't even love or care about yourself? And, guarenteed, when you accomplish this for yourself, a really good, loving, complete man will find a really good, loving, complete woman.

Your perception of her simply needing to walk away is shallow. It is highly likely she was abused as a child./ Our prime motivation in life is not happiness--it getting the outside to match the inside. Her inside reality is abuse--so she seeks an outer parallel. She needs a deeply sensitve and well trained couselor who recognizes her syndrome. She does NOT need judgemental people like you and Dr. P!

December 14, 2006, 3:11 pm CST

AMEN!

Quote From: nanb86

Tammy, run like HELL. You and your family deserve better. There are good men out there who actually make your life better instead of worse. I never believed it until I found one myself. Don't put up with this misery another day.
Yes she needs to get out and either be alone and love it or find a better partner. But often times women in this situation have very low self esteem. So she may fiirst have to build her self esteem. Then she will model for her children high self esteem and she will leave and hopefiully take the children with her. It is a terrible shame the children have been witnesses. But these people are so far gone they do have a clue. Fist she needs to leave, with the kids, then she needs to learn how to be a good mother--to herself and to her kids.

December 14, 2006, 3:14 pm CST

Dr. Phil mistakes

Quote From: paki1961

So proud of you for taking a stand. I hope everyone whose in this situation would take your advice and get out. Get out of the situation ASAP! I have never been abuse and can't even start
to relate to what your experiences.I just wanted you to know I am so proud of you getting your children and you out of  the abuse.  I know the road wasn't easy. Thank you for sharing your life story. I'm praying that someone will listen to your message.

Take Care and Your in my Prayers.

I think Dr.P. has made a lot more mistakes than just idealizing Protective Services. He completely misunderstands the dynamic in this case.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last