Message Boards

Topic : 12/14 Extreme Lives

Number of Replies: 65
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 08, 2006, 02:33:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Does your life feel like a fast-paced movie with unbelievable twists and turns? Dr. Phil’s first guest is a woman who knows all about life on the edge. Sharon Osbourne speaks candidly with Dr. Phil about life with Ozzy, her struggle with weight, and her tumultuous journey, which she chronicles in the new autobiography, Extreme. Find out what Sharon did that could have killed her husband, how she handles empty nest blues, and the major cosmetic surgeries she underwent. Then, Tammy and Dan want Dr. Phil to decide if they should throw in the towel on their 17-year marriage. Tammy says Dan cheated on her while she was pregnant, poured a hot pot of spaghetti over her head, and called her every vile name in the book. Dan says it’s Tammy’s fault because she started getting physical with him during their first year of marriage, and now she has no respect for him or their children. It is time to call it quits, or can this couple calm their chaotic relationship? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 23, 2006, 3:40 pm CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Quote From: mamacow2

Do you help others find missing children?
mamacow2@aol.com  I'm looking for our adopted (adult now) child.

December 23, 2006, 3:57 pm CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Quote From: jacuzzi2

I think it's very sweet and lovely of you to pray for Sharon Osborne. I liked her too.

What about praying for the healing of YOUR childhood Self too?  Instead of just giving Dr.Phil's books to others in need, ( which is a GOOD thing to do, thank you!!) how about reading them yourself before you give them away?!  Maybe you can read them one page at a time.? :-) Life can get better when we do things one day at a time.   In fact, I've been to free meetings of  'Survivors of Incest  Anonymous' groups (a 12 step fellowship)  which moved me way forward in my life.

Good luck  in your life, and many blessings to you!

Thank you.   :-)

I've really tried to read his books.  I know his advice is good but when you think of yourself as a piece of wood, everything feels like a pointed dart.

Thanks.  I went to an incest and rape meeting once and it was horrible.  Nothing helpful just reliving of details; and we all felt like the monitor was just researching .  . . hopefully for  just a mystery/horror novel. . .

But thanks for the suggestion.  I do pray that God allows the bitterness I feel toward my mom to go away.  When I try to talk to her about any of it, she blows up and says "quit wearing it as a badge of woe".  Of course her son (my bro) was the first perp so it's natural for her to be torn and protective of him. 

I try not to dwell on it, and have been asked to talk to/in high school groups as well as college classes.  I always promote survival through forgiveness.  I didn't tell anyone until I was 27 (I told my husband about one of the rapes and he couldn't handle it.  He doesn't want to hear about the others to this day).  I didn't start speaking until I was in AmeriCorps when I was close to 40 and confided to the college professor who was in charge and she asked me to speak.  It snowballed and soon I was speaking all over until my mom, bro, & husband stopped it.  None of them heard me speak. 

I rely on God to help me through the tough moments.  He's never let me down yet!  :-)  I work with at risk youth and because of my past was a foster parent to over 36 kids.  Sometimes it takes a lot of b.s. in someone's life to make their flowers grow.  Most days I feel a full bloom coming on LOL, but truely am thankful that God's hands are big enough to craddle in.  :-)

Anywho, thanks for responding.   Many blessings to you!

January 30, 2007, 3:25 am CST

Sharon Osbourne

Well after watching her on Dr Phil I ran right out and bought her book.  It was page after page of one kind of nightmare to another!!!  The abuse, gangster like lifestyle, infidelity's and everything else Sharon suffered through I came to the conclusion that the only reason that she stayed with Ozzie was that she really had no where else to go!  Ozzie was every kind of horrible a husband could possible be and then some!!!!  Yes after 2+ decades Sharon has finally caught the brass ring and Ozzie is clean and sober, her children are clean and sober and they actually are finacnially stable........But what a price she paid!  She tried to down play her abusive relationship with Ozzie with her remark "I gave as good as I got!"  Well I',m sure she would like to think so, but in my opinion what she did was become as disfunctional as Ozzie!  I sadly bave to say that the book made them both look pathetic, that stuff is just not funny and I was shocked that Dr Phil chuckled when he brought up the issue of Ozzie knocking out her two front teeth......

From cover to cover the life of the Osbourne's was one disfunction after another.......I'm sure glad "she got paid a lot of money to do this book"  becasue a pretty picture their life is NOT!

January 13, 2008, 9:51 pm CST

melmelsmom plz read this

Hi, its me melody berst. to prove its me all i remember from that young a age is ur husband/ex husband walter. that should be proof enough.  I recently met a man that helped me see how my father really was. all he did was feed me lies to you my whole life and my new fiance has helped me see things how they really are and I am living with him and I searched for myself and saw your message. I dont know how long ago you wrote it but if you see this by any chance or if anyone talks to melmelsmom on here plz tell her her melmel is ready to meet her mom again.    If anyone knows how to get a hold of her tell her this email or just tell us how to get a hold of her. melody_berst@yahoo.com

March 16, 2009, 11:03 pm CDT

god does answer prayers

Quote From: melmomdaughter

Hi, its me melody berst. to prove its me all i remember from that young a age is ur husband/ex husband walter. that should be proof enough.  I recently met a man that helped me see how my father really was. all he did was feed me lies to you my whole life and my new fiance has helped me see things how they really are and I am living with him and I searched for myself and saw your message. I dont know how long ago you wrote it but if you see this by any chance or if anyone talks to melmelsmom on here plz tell her her melmel is ready to meet her mom again.    If anyone knows how to get a hold of her tell her this email or just tell us how to get a hold of her. melody_berst@yahoo.com

hey my beautiful melody rose berst we have found each other I urge all parents out there please dont do this to your children niether parent has the right to take the other parents rights away for there own selfish reasons the only ones we hurt is our children when we as parents deny our children there choice to see there father or mother. Yes people our loving lord answers our prayers i truly believe that! I wud like to thank all who responded to my comments and offered there help one is lucky and the other is hilberry god bless

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page