Message Boards

Topic : 12/14 Extreme Lives

Number of Replies: 65
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 08, 2006, 02:33:20 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Does your life feel like a fast-paced movie with unbelievable twists and turns? Dr. Phil’s first guest is a woman who knows all about life on the edge. Sharon Osbourne speaks candidly with Dr. Phil about life with Ozzy, her struggle with weight, and her tumultuous journey, which she chronicles in the new autobiography, Extreme. Find out what Sharon did that could have killed her husband, how she handles empty nest blues, and the major cosmetic surgeries she underwent. Then, Tammy and Dan want Dr. Phil to decide if they should throw in the towel on their 17-year marriage. Tammy says Dan cheated on her while she was pregnant, poured a hot pot of spaghetti over her head, and called her every vile name in the book. Dan says it’s Tammy’s fault because she started getting physical with him during their first year of marriage, and now she has no respect for him or their children. It is time to call it quits, or can this couple calm their chaotic relationship? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

More December 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 9, 2006, 10:20 pm CST

kick Dan to the curb

He threw a pan of hot food on her?  That is physical abuse.  He is an abuser and probably always will be.  Time to call it quits in my opinion.

December 9, 2006, 11:25 pm CST

Does anyone own their stuff on this planet...

This is my first time posting a message.  I suppose I am getting so frustrated with people not taking responsibility for their own words, behavior, subjectivity (i.e. woman suing Kraft because she did not feel her guacamole dip was not "avocadoey" enough!).   reading the  description of this show  what really got to me was the sentence of this man saying that the heinous and soul brutal acts committed upon his wife, for example pouring steaming hot spaghetti sauce on her head, were "her fault" due to events the first year of the marriage.  I am groiwng increasingly frustrated wtih people always finding  fault with another and not owning their stuff.  Thanks for letting me vent everyone!

Marina2u

December 10, 2006, 9:19 am CST

Look what YOU did! YOU made me hurt you!

As a former battered wife and mother of two children that were severely abused by their father, I can honestly say that this woman has only ONE choice. GET OUT NOW!  She will look back on the last 17 years and wonder WHY in the world she stayed so long.  She has NO self-respect at this point in her life, but WILL regain it.  If he hurt her while she was pregnant, then that means he hurt her child too and won't stop at that.  She has a responsibility to her children and MUST get them to a safe and loving environment.  There is a line that her husband should have NEVER crossed. Each time he crosses it, IT GETS EASIER.  On top of that, he won't take ownership in it.  THIS IS A DANGEROUS COMBINATION. I have faith that Dr. Phil will explain this to them. Even if the husband promises to "be good" the wife will NEVER feel safe. EVER. I don't care what anyone says. There will ALWAYS be that doubt that he planted.  My ex husband would "be good" for awhile, but he always reverted back to his old ways and he always blamed me and the kids for it.  He was a master manipulator and has always played the victim, even though he is the biggest bully you will ever meet.  This woman needs to obtain counseling too. For herself and her child(ren).  The husband needs to as well. However, considering his abusive nature, they don't need to live in the same house while they are doing it. It would be a recipe for disaster.  The man needs to attend anger management courses too and have supervised visits with the children.  My ex husband beat my children during visitation and made them promise not to tell.  He kicked and stomped my 9 year old (now 12) son, until he wet his pants. While my 6 year old daughter looked on and hid behind his truck tire. He did this in a restaurant parking lot, then took him in (limping, crying, wet pants and all) and made him shake hands with everyone there.  Dr. Phil thinks Child Protective Services would do something about this. Well, that's the ONLY time that I have known DR. PHIL IS WRONG.  My ex husband got away with this. My son's counselor called CPS himself and they did NOTHING! NOTHING!!!!!!!  I had to hire an attorney and other professionals to stop this from happening. After paying thousands, I am knee deep in debt to these people, because CPS wouldn't protect my children. Unbelievable. So this lady needs to take matter into her own hands and protect herself and her child(ren).  I hope she reads this. If she does...I want her to know that she's NOT alone.  STAY STRONG, because he will make EVERY excuse in the book. She's known him for 17 years. She already knows what to do, she just wants to justify her leaving, by having a professional tell her to do so.

December 10, 2006, 10:33 am CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Quote From: edithschmck

He threw a pan of hot food on her?  That is physical abuse.  He is an abuser and probably always will be.  Time to call it quits in my opinion.
Hey Guys.What Do Think About A Man That Took A Live Bat An Bit The Bats Head Slam Off.That Right .He Realy Did It.So Its Like This.His Wife New What Kind Of Man She Was messing With Befor She Got In To Deep.But Far As Him Hurting Her In eny Kind of Way Is Rong Rong.im 47 years old An Never Layed A hand On A Woman To Harm Them.I Play A Lot Of OZZYS music.I Started When I Was 13 Years old.Ozzy Is The Man That Got Me In To lerning How To Play.Man I thought  He Was One Of The Best.I Just Keep Playing untill i Got It Right.Id Play Untill My fingers would bleed.Its Hard to belive he is a womanabuser.That Just blows my mind.maby thats why he sung that song road to no where.

December 10, 2006, 12:03 pm CST

Kick him to the curb

Quote From: edithschmck

That food dumping would be more than enough! I totally agree.  Forget 'saving' anything, once an abuser, always an abuser!

December 10, 2006, 6:58 pm CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Doesn't Dr. Phil say ANY ABUSE is a DEAL BREAKER ?

This could be an interesting episode

December 11, 2006, 3:02 am CST

So proud of You

Quote From: getnbtrnow

As a former battered wife and mother of two children that were severely abused by their father, I can honestly say that this woman has only ONE choice. GET OUT NOW!  She will look back on the last 17 years and wonder WHY in the world she stayed so long.  She has NO self-respect at this point in her life, but WILL regain it.  If he hurt her while she was pregnant, then that means he hurt her child too and won't stop at that.  She has a responsibility to her children and MUST get them to a safe and loving environment.  There is a line that her husband should have NEVER crossed. Each time he crosses it, IT GETS EASIER.  On top of that, he won't take ownership in it.  THIS IS A DANGEROUS COMBINATION. I have faith that Dr. Phil will explain this to them. Even if the husband promises to "be good" the wife will NEVER feel safe. EVER. I don't care what anyone says. There will ALWAYS be that doubt that he planted.  My ex husband would "be good" for awhile, but he always reverted back to his old ways and he always blamed me and the kids for it.  He was a master manipulator and has always played the victim, even though he is the biggest bully you will ever meet.  This woman needs to obtain counseling too. For herself and her child(ren).  The husband needs to as well. However, considering his abusive nature, they don't need to live in the same house while they are doing it. It would be a recipe for disaster.  The man needs to attend anger management courses too and have supervised visits with the children.  My ex husband beat my children during visitation and made them promise not to tell.  He kicked and stomped my 9 year old (now 12) son, until he wet his pants. While my 6 year old daughter looked on and hid behind his truck tire. He did this in a restaurant parking lot, then took him in (limping, crying, wet pants and all) and made him shake hands with everyone there.  Dr. Phil thinks Child Protective Services would do something about this. Well, that's the ONLY time that I have known DR. PHIL IS WRONG.  My ex husband got away with this. My son's counselor called CPS himself and they did NOTHING! NOTHING!!!!!!!  I had to hire an attorney and other professionals to stop this from happening. After paying thousands, I am knee deep in debt to these people, because CPS wouldn't protect my children. Unbelievable. So this lady needs to take matter into her own hands and protect herself and her child(ren).  I hope she reads this. If she does...I want her to know that she's NOT alone.  STAY STRONG, because he will make EVERY excuse in the book. She's known him for 17 years. She already knows what to do, she just wants to justify her leaving, by having a professional tell her to do so.
So proud of you for taking a stand. I hope everyone whose in this situation would take your advice and get out. Get out of the situation ASAP! I have never been abuse and can't even start
to relate to what your experiences.I just wanted you to know I am so proud of you getting your children and you out of  the abuse.  I know the road wasn't easy. Thank you for sharing your life story. I'm praying that someone will listen to your message.

Take Care and Your in my Prayers.

December 11, 2006, 3:04 am CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Quote From: marina2u

This is my first time posting a message.  I suppose I am getting so frustrated with people not taking responsibility for their own words, behavior, subjectivity (i.e. woman suing Kraft because she did not feel her guacamole dip was not "avocadoey" enough!).   reading the  description of this show  what really got to me was the sentence of this man saying that the heinous and soul brutal acts committed upon his wife, for example pouring steaming hot spaghetti sauce on her head, were "her fault" due to events the first year of the marriage.  I am groiwng increasingly frustrated wtih people always finding  fault with another and not owning their stuff.  Thanks for letting me vent everyone!

Marina2u

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!

December 11, 2006, 8:40 am CST

I think she should press charges

I hope she divorces this guy and presses charges for scalding her with the food.  There was a story on Oprah about a girl who was in this abusive relationship, and the restraining order was lifted and he set her on fire!  I hope she has the good sense to send him packing before that or something worse happens to her.  She needs to get a restraining order against this guy before she leaves him b/c the abuser gets most violent when the woman tries to leave.

A real man knows how to treat women, and the way he treated her wasn't loving at all, in fact its criminal.  The sad part is the cycle of all this...I have a feeling that if she leaves him, she'll just get involved with someone else who treats her the same way...not good for her kid.

December 11, 2006, 6:29 pm CST

12/14 Extreme Lives

Quote From: brat64

That food dumping would be more than enough! I totally agree.  Forget 'saving' anything, once an abuser, always an abuser!
I agree that that would be enough for me. I'd leave. But I don't think that "once an abuser always an abuser" at all...I think people CAN change, it's hard, it takes dedication..but I do think an abusive person can change.

I just don't think it's healthy for the abused person to STAY with that person at all. I think once you have abused someone that brutally the dynamic of trust has changed forever.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last