Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 2, 2007, 9:27 pm CDT

Amanda, we're still here... people are doing well

Quote From: happymama1975

Wow! I guess this message board has just completely died out...... that is so upsetting. I was really wishing to find some support here, this really use to be a very supportive and encouraging board. I hope all of the wonderful people who posted here at any point are doing well.

Amanda

but it's been a rough year...

Are you still there?

-beverley-

August 4, 2007, 12:45 am CDT

Hey Beverley!!! I'm still here...

I was so happy to see your post. I've been reading some of the older posts and have been wondering how things are going for everyone. Hope you are doing well. I'm good... just trying to eat healthier and get more exercise than I have been in the last 18 months or so. I know shame on me. Hope to hear from you again.

~Amanda~

August 5, 2007, 8:48 am CDT

That's some cute baby you have there !!!!

I was so happy to see your post. I've been reading some of the older posts and have been wondering how things are going for everyone. Hope you are doing well. I'm good... just trying to eat healthier and get more exercise than I have been in the last 18 months or so. I know shame on me. Hope to hear from you again.

Amanda

August 5, 2007, 8:39 pm CDT

Thanks Beverley!

Her name is McKenna and we think she's just the sweetest, most precious, beautiful baby in the world of course! Between her and my son Ethan... we truly are blessed.

~Amanda~

August 9, 2007, 4:17 pm CDT

New to the Boards

Hi Everyone!

I wish this board was more active.  I really want to lose weight and need support!  I will be 44 this year.  I weigh 320#'s.  I use to be over 380.  I have noticed that my weight is sneaking back up because I just can't control my eating.  I eat over everything.  Stress, money, you name it and I'll be eating.  I just want something easy!  I hate counting calories, fat, fiber or even doing points.  I just don't understand why I can't eat like a normal person.  Everyone has a way of eating that they claim is the WAY!  Well, which one is it?  Is it the Duke Diet, The Best Life Diet, Atkins, Weight Watchers, or what?  Here we have more information than ever and I am just more confused.  HELP!  I hate being heavy and not doing what I want to do.  Like camping, hiking and fishing.  God forbid if I fall and can't get up.  (bad knees and sore joints)

August 12, 2007, 9:48 pm CDT

Hello noexcuses!

I am with you! I wish this board was more active as well. I keep hoping I'll check it one day and there will be several messages... but no such luck so far. I know back in the day there were a few lurkers. Maybe if you and I start posting more often a few people will join in. I weighed 310 just a few weeks ago and am now down to 297, thanks to healthier eating and a little more activity. I know there are all kinds of diets out there but I believe that eating healthy (plenty of fiber found in whole wheat bread and some cereals and plenty of other stuff I'm sure, lean meats, lots of veggies, and fruit) is the only way to go. I got Dr. Phil's book several years ago and it really helped me. I lost 100 pounds in 9 months.... but more than that I felt fantastic. I had tons of energy and my joints no longer ached. Since then I have had a baby and just gotten lazy... so I've put most of it back on. But I am ready to get back on track now and be a healthier more energetic mom for my two wonderful kids. Hope to hear more from you!!!!

~Amanda~

310/297/175

starting weight/ current/ goal

August 18, 2007, 10:54 am CDT

How's it goin' Beverley?

I was just wondering how you are. Also... do you ever talk to anyone from the boards or rather that use to be on the boards? If so... how is everyone doing? I've gone back and read some of the older posts and have'nt figured it all out yet but it seems like something happened that upset quite a few people. So I'm wondering if whatever that was eventually led to everyone leaving the message boards. Or maybe it was that no one seemed to like any of the boards once they went and changed everything (me included). You'd think they'd see how everything has gone downhill and revert back to the old message board style that everyone preferred. Oh well... hope you are doing well and that I hear back from you soon!

~Amanda~

August 19, 2007, 4:17 am CDT

Everyone is fine... we just spend most of our

I was just wondering how you are. Also... do you ever talk to anyone from the boards or rather that use to be on the boards? If so... how is everyone doing? I've gone back and read some of the older posts and have'nt figured it all out yet but it seems like something happened that upset quite a few people. So I'm wondering if whatever that was eventually led to everyone leaving the message boards. Or maybe it was that no one seemed to like any of the boards once they went and changed everything (me included). You'd think they'd see how everything has gone downhill and revert back to the old message board style that everyone preferred. Oh well... hope you are doing well and that I hear back from you soon!

Amanda

online time elsewhere.

We had a "troll"  that invaded us and took over the board.. started sending things to members..asking inappropriate questions...  This happened twice and it took a lot of energy and effort first to figure out what was going on.. and then to come up with a strategy and deal with it. We were always  very open and accepting so it took a lot for us to figure out how to deal with that.

Most of us do still check this board for old members and work with some newbies who stick around long enough to be serious about working the program...  but most of our real work is done elswhere in a more limited space we can control.  We stay pretty much on topic though we did follow Jan's progress very closely  through her treatment this past year for breat cancer.  It was a rough year but she's doing well .. getting her strength back slowly and dropping pounds in spite of the meds she has to take..

We're all looking forward to the beginning of the new Dr. Phil  fall tv season..  this makes 4 years now for many of us...we're thinner and everyone is worlds  healthier but not yet where we want to be. but the end is in sight !!!

ff you prefer to reconnect with the old group e-mail me privately and I will put you in touch. .  If you want to connect from here I'm sure you'll hear from people eventually.  It's been a busy summer.

I"m glad you're back... love seeing the pic of the kids.

-beverley-

September 6, 2007, 7:50 pm CDT

Hello to All

I am a 40-yr. old female who has over 200 lbs. to loose.  My highest weight was 391 and now I have lost down to 378 over a period of 6 months or less.  Currently I am taking a weight-loss medication given by my Doctor, which has helped greatly in reducing my hunger and amounts of food consumed throughout the day.  The unfortunate thing is that I can only stay on this medication for 3 months, then get off of it for 3 months before I can begin taking it again.  In addition, I have been creating my own diet specifically talored to my tastes and physical needs.  I have also been making small mental and lifestyle changes which has also helped.  I am fairly new to Dr. Phil's discussion boards and welcome anyone to respond and would like to meet new online friends to help in giving me support during my weight-loss journey. 

Look forward in hearing from ya'll soon.

Melody

September 7, 2007, 7:34 am CDT

Melody

Quote From: musicwoman

I am a 40-yr. old female who has over 200 lbs. to loose.  My highest weight was 391 and now I have lost down to 378 over a period of 6 months or less.  Currently I am taking a weight-loss medication given by my Doctor, which has helped greatly in reducing my hunger and amounts of food consumed throughout the day.  The unfortunate thing is that I can only stay on this medication for 3 months, then get off of it for 3 months before I can begin taking it again.  In addition, I have been creating my own diet specifically talored to my tastes and physical needs.  I have also been making small mental and lifestyle changes which has also helped.  I am fairly new to Dr. Phil's discussion boards and welcome anyone to respond and would like to meet new online friends to help in giving me support during my weight-loss journey. 

Look forward in hearing from ya'll soon.

Melody

Melody,  If you don't get a responce from this board come on over to--Miscellaneous: Serious Weight loss-no Excuses board.  This board hasn't been very active for a while.  Use to be a great board, I don't really know what happened to all the people, but I did learn a lot from them.

The one I am asking you to come to had dwindled down some to.  Right now there are only three of us.  A couple from Canada and I live in Alaska, but came from down south--Tennessee.

It sounds like you are off to a good start.  Just keep up the great work and you will loose it.

There is a lot of good information on this site if you want to check it out.  If you don't have Dr. Phils book, that would be a good thing to have to.  It is very helpful.

By the way,  I looked in your profile and it says you are from NC.  Where in NC do you live.  My daughter and granddaughter moved down there last fall.

You take care  and I would like to hear from you again,

Dolores

First | Prev | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | Next | Last