Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 12, 2007, 11:06 pm CDT

I need help so I am not a fat bride!

Can anyone suggest where I can start, I am getting married in around a year and I refuse to be the fat bride.  Can anyone please HELP ME!

September 19, 2007, 9:08 pm CDT

200 Pounds or More to Lose

Quote From: dlrsdrnll

Melody,  If you don't get a responce from this board come on over to--Miscellaneous: Serious Weight loss-no Excuses board.  This board hasn't been very active for a while.  Use to be a great board, I don't really know what happened to all the people, but I did learn a lot from them.

The one I am asking you to come to had dwindled down some to.  Right now there are only three of us.  A couple from Canada and I live in Alaska, but came from down south--Tennessee.

It sounds like you are off to a good start.  Just keep up the great work and you will loose it.

There is a lot of good information on this site if you want to check it out.  If you don't have Dr. Phils book, that would be a good thing to have to.  It is very helpful.

By the way,  I looked in your profile and it says you are from NC.  Where in NC do you live.  My daughter and granddaughter moved down there last fall.

You take care  and I would like to hear from you again,

Dolores

Dolores,

Thanks for responding to my recent message.  I am orignally from Charlotte, NC and currently live in a town called Albemarle (Home of Kelly Pickler - American Idol Star) which is about an hours drive from Charlotte.  I have lived in NC all of my life, but have traveled to visit other states in the past.  Where did your daughter and granddaughter move to in NC?

Wanted to let you know that I have lost more weight since my last message.  I have now lost a total of 18 lbs. and now weigh 373 lbs.  I still have a long ways to go, but I feel that I am off to a good start.  I want to take it slow so as to not gain it back.  I am making small life style changes and working on altering my way of thinking about food and eating which seems to be working very well.  I am unable to exercise much due to the amount of weight carrying on my body and because of back problems.  I know that my back problems will improve greatly as I continue to loose.  These boards have been alot of help to me giving me encouragement and a way to talk about my feelings.

I look forward in getting to know you more and hope to hear from you again very soon.

Melody

September 19, 2007, 10:05 pm CDT

Melody

Quote From: musicwoman

Dolores,

Thanks for responding to my recent message.  I am orignally from Charlotte, NC and currently live in a town called Albemarle (Home of Kelly Pickler - American Idol Star) which is about an hours drive from Charlotte.  I have lived in NC all of my life, but have traveled to visit other states in the past.  Where did your daughter and granddaughter move to in NC?

Wanted to let you know that I have lost more weight since my last message.  I have now lost a total of 18 lbs. and now weigh 373 lbs.  I still have a long ways to go, but I feel that I am off to a good start.  I want to take it slow so as to not gain it back.  I am making small life style changes and working on altering my way of thinking about food and eating which seems to be working very well.  I am unable to exercise much due to the amount of weight carrying on my body and because of back problems.  I know that my back problems will improve greatly as I continue to loose.  These boards have been alot of help to me giving me encouragement and a way to talk about my feelings.

I look forward in getting to know you more and hope to hear from you again very soon.

Melody

HI Melody,  You sound like you are off to a great start.  I8 pounds is great.  Just keep up doing what ever you are doing.  I know it is hard to exercise, but any kind of movement will be helpful in loosing.  Try doing some chair exercises, like lifting you legs while sitting or using small can s of something and use those to exercise you arms.  You are going to feel so much better when you get that weight off.

I am a older woman and I have managed to loose a hundred pounds.  I was taking two blood pressure medications and had heart burn all the time before loosing.  After loosing down, my doctor took me off the B/P meds and put me on one ligher weight pill.  My b/p is better than it has been since before I had my children, which are all adults now.  Don't have heartburn any more either.  I am going to admit to you that I have gained back about 20 pounds and am trying to get that off again.  It seems to be harder for me this time to.  It would be more than that, but I go to the senior center four days a week and exercise like a mad woman.  LOL  The first time I went there, I could hardly do anything.  A 96 year old woman put me to shame, but I kept plugging along and finally got  so I could do most of the things I was told to do.  So don't give up.  I am here any time you want to let off steam.

My daughter and g/d lived in Kernersville, but are moving to Reidsville.  That is where my G/D works and she was having to drive 45 minutes to work, so decided to move.  I think it is a  fairly small town.  Don't really know to much about it.

Well, I need to get to bed.  I look fwd to talking to you again.  DON'T GIVE UP!!

Take care,

Dolores

September 27, 2007, 2:35 pm CDT

Dad

My father had a hard life. I often think I do but then I think of my father and I know I don’t have it so tuff. He is dead now and I was listening to that old song about a father and son who never had time for each other, if you know the one. We had the time but were never both in a good place to talk to each other at the same time. Always headed in different directions and different speeds. My dad was born in the later 20s and had a good childhood. He never talked about it much but he seemed to do okay till about 17. His older brother whom he adored died then. My dad ended up with a sports scholarship to Clemson where he played football. He was not a good player or a student and lasted only one year there. It was I know a great regret for him all his life that he never graduated from college. He came home and was shortly married and working three jobs to make ends meet. Shortly after this my mothers mental problems emerged and she tried to kill herself and others. So my dad had a family w three children, a crazy wife, and no money. He got a better job and things calmed down for my mother when she got her own house to care for. But she turned into a shrew and was constantly trying to make him angry. And she was very good at it. She never missed a chance to drag him down and was after him from dawn to dusk. He became increasing isolated and chronically angry. He developed an alcohol problem which made things even worse. After he retired he always stayed in the basement to avoid her. I often advised him to divorce her but he never would. No one could live with such a partner. He was loyal to his marriage till the end. Later in life he had two open heart surgeries to repair his heart and replace a valve. They improved his health but only extended his life. Everything that brought him there stayed the same. He became increasingly ill. During his last year he went to the hospital three times not expecting to return. Along with the heart problems came a circulation problem with his legs. The fluid collected to such a high degree his legs swelled to about twice their normal size. He also got infections in his legs when this happened. They both turned tomato red as the infection crept up to his thighs. The doctor drew different lines saying if the infection passes this final one we will cut your legs off. It never did. The last time my father went to the hospital he never returned home. I feel sorry for him still.

December 29, 2007, 10:45 pm CST

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

If you are checking during the holidays to see how things are going and to update us on your progress please do. 

Many of the members of this group and going strong and doing well elsewhere, though we do check this board for prior members to see if anyone checks in.

-beverley- 

January 1, 2008, 2:24 pm CST

Bev

Quote From: bmoultrie

If you are checking during the holidays to see how things are going and to update us on your progress please do. 

Many of the members of this group and going strong and doing well elsewhere, though we do check this board for prior members to see if anyone checks in.

-beverley- 

Hi Bev.  Happy New Year to you to.  I sure do miss reading your post.  I learned so much from them.  How are the other girls doing?  I expecially remember Jan.  If I remember right she had cancer didn't she.  Is she OK?

Are you still loosing weight like crazy.  I so admire anybody that can stick to it and continue on this journey.  I am sure you are and looking great.  ; )

Take care,

Dolores

January 9, 2008, 12:13 pm CST

Great Job

Quote From: jan_here

Woodman67, I saw you were still doing well, congratulations. You had just started the boards when I went off with modem problems.     I know your probably out plowing the snow a lot tonight since we were bombarded with a ton today and they say more tomorrow.     We are practically neighbors, I live in Milford Michigan with my son who is 29. If you start a group could you please let me know my son might be interested in joining your group. He is 7' tall and weighs around 350. He had gotten down to 295 and felt so much better but like myself gained back plus more in a very short time. A loss of Job and other stresses sure didn't help.     Well, keep up the good work. Jan
  1. Keep up the good work. GOD BLESS YOU

March 27, 2008, 8:20 pm CDT

Hi Dolores, and others.

Hi Dolores, I just popped in to see how things were going here...pretty quite, kind of sad this use to be one of the best boards on the Dr. Phil weight loss boards. But things happen and life moves on. Yes I had Breast cancer but I'm doing well now. Went through the chemo and radiation.My weight loss pretty much stopped and I gained some back but have gotten started again 2/18/08 and have lost 34# so far. I hope you and all the others who use to come here are all doing well. Take care Hugs Jan

April 14, 2008, 7:55 pm CDT

Jan

Quote From: jan_here

Hi Dolores, I just popped in to see how things were going here...pretty quite, kind of sad this use to be one of the best boards on the Dr. Phil weight loss boards. But things happen and life moves on. Yes I had Breast cancer but I'm doing well now. Went through the chemo and radiation.My weight loss pretty much stopped and I gained some back but have gotten started again 2/18/08 and have lost 34# so far. I hope you and all the others who use to come here are all doing well. Take care Hugs Jan

Hi Jan,  I just happened to come check.  I do that  every once in a while.  I am glad to hear you are doing well after having breast cancer.  You are doing great losing 34 pounds since 2/18.  That is wonderful.

I sure do miss all of you gals.  Wish Dr. Phil would have another weight loss challenge, but don't think that will happen.  If he would the boards would get to hopping again.  I learned a lot from all of you girls.  Check in once in a while and let me know how you are doing.  I don't check here everyday as it is pretty slow as you can see, but like I said at first, I come once in a while, just to see if anybody has been here.  Take care,

Hugs,

Dolores

August 11, 2008, 6:45 pm CDT

new on here

weigh about 400

5 -11

tried all the diets

help is always good

First | Prev | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | Next | Last