Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 9:05 am CDT

Need a little help!

I am very interested in buying the book by Joel Olsteen.  What is the name of the book.

It sure sounds very interesting and maybe give me some insight.  Enjoy the day.

Linda

July 24, 2005, 9:27 am CDT

Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is having a great day today.  Welcome to Greg!!  I'm sure you are going to find a lot of support and inspiration on this board to help you through your weightloss journey.  We are all in this together.  I think your video journal is going to be great.  I would love to join you, but unfortunately I don't have a camcorder of any kind.  I look forward to watching your journey.

Dee, congratulations on the 3 lbs. lost.  That is wonderful.  I am going to start journaling what I eat and my emotions.  I used to do this with great results, but I guess I got lazy.  Thanks for reminding me what the results could be for me as well.

Millie, it's good to see you posting more.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Just know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Take care and keep posting.  Congratulations on keeping the 53 lbs off.

Cindy, I love your before and after pictures.  Boy, what a difference.  You are such an inspiration to all of us.  Take it easy in the heat today.

Will, it's good to see you here again.  I look forward to seeing you and Greg are here more now that you're not the only male.  My son is trying to lose weight too.  So any insight that you and Greg have on the male perspective on losing weight will also help me help my son.  I noticed that Lance won his 7th in a row Toure de France.  Congratulations to him!!  So hows the training going???

Jan, I'm so glad that you were able to get on here.  I hope you're able to get your picture back up too.  I love being able to see everyone's faces.  I want to put up a new picture, but I'm afraid if I take off the one I have, I won't be able to get another up there.  So I'm going to wait a bit and let them get all the kinks ironed out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!  Take care!!!

Hugs,

Elaine

July 24, 2005, 9:28 am CDT

Hi LInda

I am very interested in buying the book by Joel Olsteen. What is the name of the book.

It sure sounds very interesting and maybe give me some insight. Enjoy the day.

Linda

It is Your Best LIfe Now, 7 steps to living at your full potential!

Just to also let you know they have a web site. I have not gone there yet .

www.joelosteen.com

July 24, 2005, 9:29 am CDT

Love this one

Jan, I thought this was so good and was afraid someone would miss it that I moved it over. Hope you don't mind!

THE DAILY MOTIVATOR

Get started
+++++++++++++++++++

If you've fallen a little behind schedule, that's no reason
to get discouraged. On the contrary, it's a reason to get
going.

The sooner you get started, the more you'll get done. The
sooner you get to work, the more value you'll create with
your efforts.

Do you want your work to bring maximum results? Then get
moving on it right away.

It may sometimes seem that the easiest choice is to slack
off and delay your efforts until later. Yet by doing that,
you're actually making things more difficult for yourself.

To get the most done with the least amount of effort, get
started on it as soon as possible. That way, instead of
making time your enemy, you'll have time working on your
side.

This is your opportunity to fill your life with richness and
your world with value. Get up, get going, and get it done.

Ralph Marston

I'm glad you posted this one for us here, Cindy.  This one is just perfect for me.  I need to print this out and keep it with me at all times.

Have a great day!!!

Elaine

(p.s.  so do you think Jr. is going to be able to get up to the front from 38th starting place today?  Enjoy the race.)

July 24, 2005, 9:49 am CDT

200 Pounds or More to Lose

Hey everyone! I'm really glad the board's back up! BUT! This new system is frustrating! There's no favorites so you can keep track of the last message you read. And if you keep clicking "next" while you read the messages you get the same messages repeated later on. It's not a reply thing popping up either from what I can see. There been a couple of messages where the letter were so big the letters overlapped! Sigh! All things work out with time I've heard and hopefully that'll apply here! I'm hoping you're all having a great weekend. Hugs from Dee!
 "Subscribe to this Topic"  is similar to the old Favorites.   When you "Subscribe to this topic", the next time you sign in you will see the topic listed in your "My Profile" page along with the number of new messages that have been posted since you last were logged on.  You can click the number of new messages to go directly to that board. 

The new system keeps track of the new posts since the last time you logged on so you no longer have to.

The messages with really large letters is a bug that we are aware of and it is being worked on.  It should be resolved soon.

If you go to your MY PROFILE page you can also change the order in which messages are displayed.  If you choose OLDEST it will start with the earliest messages and you will read your way down to the newest messages last.   If you choose NEWEST, it will begin your pages with the newest messages being posted to that board and read backwards toward the beginning of that board.

July 24, 2005, 1:05 pm CDT

I Got Here, Will I Ever Return?

Well, I got here but I don't know how!  I am posting just to see if I can. The type seems to overlap lines in the message window ... I dunno.  I can't seem to be able to make paragraph breaks and the descenders are missing on most letters. My weight had gone up to 372 but is back down to 365 this AM. I'm not discouraged about my weight efforts because I wasn't making much effort. I am now trying to take my eating totally out of the emotional arena. It seems to be helping. I saw the TV Show "The Super Obese" and it was really a wake-up call. I'm not going to write any more now because this looks like a MESS and I might be doing it for naught. MY BEST to all ... "Other One" LINDA  

July 24, 2005, 1:53 pm CDT

Zero-Day

Filming has started for Zero-Day...  It's tough.

Tommorow it's off to the US Army Recruiting station to meet with the Recruiter to do a body-fat % test,  on camera, to let me know where I'm at and where I have to be before I can sign the dotted line and join my wife.  My wife will be transferred to Europe in May 2006, so we will see how much can be done by then.

On another note,  I really suggest everyone here go to this website:   www.thefatmanwalking.com   This guy has decided to drop everythign and walk across America to lose his weight and reclaim his life.  It's quite inspirational.  I would like to ask the discussion board members to visit the site and drop Steve (the walker) a note of support for what he's doing. 

Best,

Greg

July 24, 2005, 3:06 pm CDT

Hi to our "Other ONe" LInda

Well, I got here but I don't know how! I am posting just to see if I can. The type seems to overlap lines in the message window ... I dunno. I can't seem to be able to make paragraph breaks and the descenders are missing on most letters. My weight had gone up to 372 but is back down to 365 this AM. I'm not discouraged about my weight efforts because I wasn't making much effort. I am now trying to take my eating totally out of the emotional arena. It seems to be helping. I saw the TV Show "The Super Obese" and it was really a wake-up call. I'm not going to write any more now because this looks like a MESS and I might be doing it for naught. MY BEST to all ... "Other One" LINDA

I'm glad you finally found us.  Actually it posted very well. I am able to read it without any problems. I think alot of us have been having problems with healthy behaviors. I haven't seen that show but will watch for it.

Glad you are with us and hope you can find your way back or else we will have to send out the search party!

July 24, 2005, 3:12 pm CDT

Hey Greg

Filming has started for Zero-Day... It's tough.

Tommorow it's off to the US Army Recruiting station to meet with the Recruiter to do a body-fat % test, on camera, to let me know where I'm at and where I have to be before I can sign the dotted line and join my wife.My wife will be transferred to Europe in May 2006, so we will see how much can be done by then.

On another note, I really suggest everyone here go to this website: www.thefatmanwalking.com This guy has decided to drop everythign and walk across America to lose his weight and reclaim his life. It's quite inspirational. I would like to ask the discussion board members to visit the site and drop Steve (the walker) a note of support for what he's doing.

Best,

Greg

Steve was featured on the Today Show. I found him to be inspiring though I'm not sure I would want to walk across America. They showed his wife also, who was very supportive.

I'm interested in how they do the body fat test and what they will accept you at. So keep us posted.

July 24, 2005, 3:40 pm CDT

Joel osteen

Jan wrote this on the yahoo board but I wanted to comment on it. Cherie, Everyone loses at different rates. When I first started in 99 yes it has taken me since 1999 to get to where I'm at now because then I was not eating much more then 500 to 800 cal. a day but I could not exercise at all so that first year on a healthy diabetic diet I lost very little with the help of a therapist getting me moving again in my home since I could not go out. It was simple things like lifting one foot then the other and sitting up for longer periods of time as the exercise increased they increased my food because they wanted me eating more to help build muscle and bone that had been deteriorating, but this kept the weight loss still slow. The first year I think I only lost around 30# I was doing well until I got close to 400 and that is when the psychological stuff kicked in. Then Dr Phil's book and the boards helped me get below that but when I got below 360 the panic hit again and back I went some. I know my July amount will probably be really good because a lot of it was water loss and I'm also able to exercise more a lot more with my pool and the hot weather we have been having. But next month it probably won't be as much. But I would hate to discourage anyone or make them feel bad because they didn't lose as much and had worked hard all so. So wonder if I should even report it? I know also that before I got going again really well and I would go to my meeting and say that I had been eating pretty healthy so didn't know why I had not lost. Didn't gain but didn't lose either. Well, for me to lose really good I need to eat right EVERY DAY and exercise at least 4 if not 5 days a week. And when I would be really honest and look back over my week I had, had a little bite of this or gone out to eat on Fri. and eaten more cal then should have, or had pizza maybe only 3 pieces and only exercised 1 or 2 days. Well, for someone else they might be able to lose with that but I couldn't. Well, this is day 24 and I have not had my favorite pizza once which I didn't think I could do not a whole month but I know I can. And I have exercised more in the past 24 days then I did in the past 6 months and I wonder why I was no longer losing? I kind of think of my body as a coal burning furnace the good food is the coal that burns the fat the more good food I eat the hotter the fire that burns the fat but if I eat even a little bad food for me it is like poring cold water on my fire and it then takes time to get the fire back up to the temperature again. So until it does even thought eating right again it slows everything down again. The exercise just intensifies the heat. I know this might sound nuts but it helps me to visualize things so I see the fat just melting off as I eat healthy and exercise I see it literally flowing down off me into the sewer LOL If we all keep working on it we will all get there. I would not want my success or I'm sure anyone else who is losing well to discourage anyone else. Do you feel it would be better to not say how much we lost? I only wish everyone the best and want to see everyone succeed. Hugs Jan

Jan,

I am so glad you posted that. It really helps me to know that all of the emotional garbage I feel right now others have felt. That the "panic" as you so call it is really a normal reaction to losing a lot of weight.

I personally like to read everyone's progress. I know that when I haven't lost weight, it is because I have not adhered 100 percent to the program. That is the "real truth". Others may have different stories but it helps me tremendously to be reminded that people who work hard and stay on program 100 percent lose weight and inches and I love it when they right how they feel! So I think it is a combination of everything that I would like to know. Did you lose pounds, inches and how great does it feel to be moving and being proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing! Cindy

Oh by the way, I bought Joel Olsteen's book and am really getting inspired by it!

Cindy,

Isn't it a great book?  I have been trying to pick it up daily and it helps me tremendously.  I wonder if Dr Phil has ever been to his church..I want to visit there someday.  They just moved into where the Houston Astros used to play and the 1st service there had 16,000 people!  But I guess you may already know that:)

Stacie 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last