Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 3:42 pm CDT

your best life now

is the name of it:)

July 24, 2005, 4:14 pm CDT

Jan's coal furnace

Jan wrote: I kind of think of my body as a coal burning furnace the good food is the coal that burns the fat the more good food I eat the hotter the fire that burns the fat but if I eat even a little bad food for me it is like poring cold water on my fire and it then takes time to get the fire back up to the temperature again. So until it does even thought eating right again it slows everything down again. The exercise just intensifies the heat. I know this might sound nuts but it helps me to visualize things so I see the fat just melting off as I eat healthy and exercise I see it literally flowing down off me into the sewer LOL Hi Jan, this visualizing of the coal furnace and fat dissolving effects..is EXACTLY what Dr Lawliss describes on his wt loss CD's (for new people, they were recommended by Dr Phil, info on drPhil.com). He talks about the research that confirms the effect on the physical body that the mind has...so great work! Right now I am using the one on Relaxation; I only get about 2 minutes into listening, and I am out like a light! For anyone having trouble falling asleep, forget the sleeping pills, use the CD; it works!

July 24, 2005, 4:23 pm CDT

it chopped me off...here is more

Don't know why it chopped me off, I am not trying to hide my name--LOL. I also just noticed that my picture has changed again. Been having trouble; this is my little Butterfly, at about 4 months old. How do you guys post pictures with your messages??? I didn't see anywhere to click to include a pic with a post (other than the one we normally use at the left). The hairless kitty was pathetically adorable. I wanted to put a sweater on it!

July 24, 2005, 4:28 pm CDT

3rd time!!

Gee, I am just trying to be courteous and sign my name!! I keep getting cut off...guess I have to learn more about this new system...Loretta in Oregon =^..^=

July 24, 2005, 4:39 pm CDT

Hi Greg

I loved the idea of a video journey. Even if Dr Phil does not use it, I am sure, since this topic is so universal, that SOMEONE would want to use it...ever see that show "30 Days"? The guy who did "Supersize Me". Question: there are alot of us who only have digital cameras. Is there any place in your project for those? I love to go to websites and see the progression from start to goal in the photos. It is inspiring. Just a thought. With all the people here, you could have quite a collection of people "morphing" from larger to smaller. Anyway, good luck with this project...I look forward to seeing more of it. I plan to tell my hubby about it; he shys away from interacting with a bunch of gabby "gals", but I am sure he would check out your website.

July 24, 2005, 6:05 pm CDT

Stacie

Cindy,

Isn't it a great book? I have been trying to pick it up daily and it helps me tremendously. I wonder if Dr Phil has ever been to his church..I want to visit there someday. They just moved into where the Houston Astros used to play and the 1st service there had 16,000 people! But I guess you may already know that:)

Stacie

I watched it this morning live on his internet site.  Very impressive! I was able to watch the whole service without any problems. The place is huge! He said they were having some bugs with traffic......I imagine!

July 24, 2005, 6:10 pm CDT

Loretta

Don't know why it chopped me off, I am not trying to hide my name--LOL. I also just noticed that my picture has changed again. Been having trouble; this is my little Butterfly, at about 4 months old. How do you guys post pictures with your messages??? I didn't see anywhere to click to include a pic with a post (other than the one we normally use at the left). The hairless kitty was pathetically adorable. I wanted to put a sweater on it!

On the tool bar above where you type your message, there are icons for bold or italics, to use bullets, spell check, color of ink, remove format and then the next one is insert/edit imagine.

Click on that one and it will bring up a photo editor very similar to the one we had before for pics. This is the boss of my household! As you can see he sits on top of the printer or hides in the computer keyboard drawer and surprises me! 

Hope that helps. Cindy

July 24, 2005, 6:38 pm CDT

Top Weight

I'm at my top weight -- I reached 466lbs this week. I was only 380lbs when Dr. Phil did his big challenge show I was on. WOW! Time has flown by and I've BLOWN UP. I'm at a loss and feel pretty desolate. I never thought I'd ever go UP again. This is the 5th or 6th time I've gained over 100lbs is my life. Whew!

July 24, 2005, 6:43 pm CDT

WOW

It seems that E1 has preety much posted several times sense I did last so I am posting again.I made up my mind thismorning around 4:20 that I was not going to the B-Day party today!OMGoodness though let me tell ya this.......my husband leaves about 4:30 right?Then about 7:30 my sister-in-law comes over(we live right across the street)from each other!She comes over,knocks on my door and says to me(Brenda are'nt you going to the b-day party with us and I said no I changed my mind Deniese and she said(oh don't do this to the kids just because you and Jack are fighting)I was like(WHAT???)I said I'm not keeping my boys from the b-day party for that reason and she said yes you are......and by that time I was peed!!!!!!!!I said excuse me???I said again to her,my kids are going to go with me Deniese,I just don't feel like going to party!She stormed outta my house like I did something wronge to her!Yeah,As If!Anyway.......I wound up going to Sams Club and grocery shopping and then went back later when my husband got home and now here I am.....Well I can't take this anymore tonight you guys,I'm going to have Sam and Shane in a few hours so I really must get some rest but I will BB in the a.m. I love you all!:)

July 24, 2005, 9:11 pm CDT

Cindy

On the tool bar above where you type your message, there are icons for bold or italics, to use bullets, spell check, color of ink, remove format and then the next one is insert/edit imagine.

Click on that one and it will bring up a photo editor very similar to the one we had before for pics.This is the boss of my household! As you can see he sits on top of the printer or hides in the computer keyboard drawer and surprises me!

Hope that helps. Cindy

Thanks for trying, but all I get is the bare-bones version. Nuthin but the "emote" to choose from...I am but a lowly Mac......;-) Can't even correct my lowly Mac mistakes....still must use lowly Mac html to use color...LOL!!! Still trying to be patient in Oregon, Loretta =^..^=

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last