Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 9:28 pm CDT

Zero Hour mjmark

I'm at my top weight -- I reached 466lbs this week. I was only 380lbs when Dr. Phil did his big challenge show I was on. WOW! Time has flown by and I've BLOWN UP. I'm at a loss and feel pretty desolate. I never thought I'd ever go UP again. This is the 5th or 6th time I've gained over 100lbs is my life. Whew!
Number 1. You came to the right place! Number 2. You are being honest, getting real. Number 3. You know what does NOT work, and can now Number 4. CHOOSE to do better. Number 5. You have not given up...if you had, you would not have posted here! Number 6. Lots of us here have had our share of ups and downs...we won't look down our nose at you...we will encourage you and cheer you on. Number 7. You aren't the only guy here; there is Will and Greg, that I know of for sure, maybe some others that don't post often. Greg told us of a GREAT website to check out at www.thefatmanwalking.com...I went there andm am SO motivated! Please keep coming back here, too, mjmark....to quote the man himself: "there is strength and power in support". Welcome, and let us encourage you on your journey to a healthier life! Hugs, Loretta in Oregon =^..^=

July 24, 2005, 9:30 pm CDT

oops, I meant glmark!

Sorry about that! Loretta =^..^=

July 24, 2005, 10:12 pm CDT

Linda, don't leave

Well, I got here but I don't know how! I am posting just to see if I can. The type seems to overlap lines in the message window ... I dunno. I can't seem to be able to make paragraph breaks and the descenders are missing on most letters. My weight had gone up to 372 but is back down to 365 this AM. I'm not discouraged about my weight efforts because I wasn't making much effort. I am now trying to take my eating totally out of the emotional arena. It seems to be helping. I saw the TV Show "The Super Obese" and it was really a wake-up call. I'm not going to write any more now because this looks like a MESS and I might be doing it for naught. MY BEST to all ... "Other One" LINDA
 Linda, I hope you keep trying to come back. I'm sure there are bugs on this system but they do seem to be working them out fairly quickly. We do need your input here and we all missed you so much lately. I do hope you'll ignore what you see on your screen as you type and trust that it will look ok when it's posted. It looked fine to me just now when I read it.

I think getting your weight back down to 365 is fantastic!! Mine is up 4 lb. from the first of the month, but I feel like it's up about 14 lb. instead. I know a lot of it is liquid as I'm not getting enough sleep these days, but my DH leaves on a trip Tuesday morning and my days will be more controllable then--no interruptions at inconvenient times to cook dinner and I can have salads a lot more for my meal. I know I can fix salads for dinner while he's home, but then I have to fix something cooked for him and the smells get to me and I want some of that too besides the salad, so I wind up eating 2 dinners--or at least a dinner and a half. NOT GOOD.

I'll stop on here again in the morning to try to catch up. I wish the messages would be numbered again (listening, Moderator?) as it's so much easier to pace myself in reading the posts.

Have a great day!
Cherie

July 24, 2005, 10:25 pm CDT

I had heard they were having color problems

On the tool bar above where you type your message, there are icons for bold or italics, to use bullets, spell check, color of ink, remove format and then the next one is insert/edit imagine.

Click on that one and it will bring up a photo editor very similar to the one we had before for pics.This is the boss of my household! As you can see he sits on top of the printer or hides in the computer keyboard drawer and surprises me!

Hope that helps. Cindy

I'd heard they were having trouble with the RED color on the new board, but just now I noticed your post came through in blue and against the light blue background, blue is nearly impossible for me to read. In fact, I had to "select" it as if I were going to delete it and when it was highlighted, I could read it, but not without doing that. Also, your other messages were coming through in the bigger type and now it's gone to little type again. The big type works great and I see that just about everybody has selected that (it can be set when you change your profile, for those who haven't selected "large font" yet).

Your kitty is adorable. I agree though about the skinless one, I know they're rare and very expensive, but they just don't look cuddly like cats are supposed to be (at least in my biased mind).

I'll have to get more rest before I try to experiment with the photos inside the message, but it sounds intriguing.

I didn't notice but is there a "tips and tricks" type page on this new board? I really liked the old one as it did tell us how to insert photos, etc.

Somebody also mentioned that their delete and backspace keys did not work--they had to use the arrow keys to correct typos. Well, mine is doing the opposite! I can use delete and backspace, but my arrow keys are worthless on this system. I don't know what the difference is, or maybe the programmers switched it.

Well, I do think it's about time to round up the rest of the group, don't you? And since nobody said they'd already sent out a mass e-mail to everybody, I think I will.

Also, I don't think they were singling me out for any reason by not sending me the e-mail invitation; apparently I'm not the only one who never got it and not the only one who had trouble getting logged on (I was glad to hear that because I tend to have self-image problems to begin with and don't need to start thinking I'm the ONLY one who can't do things. LOL

Talk to you tomorrow!

Cherie

July 24, 2005, 10:33 pm CDT

Tips and Tricks

I'd heard they were having trouble with the RED color on the new board, but just now I noticed your post came through in blue and against the light blue background, blue is nearly impossible for me to read. In fact, I had to "select" it as if I were going to delete it and when it was highlighted, I could read it, but not without doing that. Also, your other messages were coming through in the bigger type and now it's gone to little type again. The big type works great and I see that just about everybody has selected that (it can be set when you change your profile, for those who haven't selected "large font" yet).

Your kitty is adorable. I agree though about the skinless one, I know they're rare and very expensive, but they just don't look cuddly like cats are supposed to be (at least in my biased mind).

I'll have to get more rest before I try to experiment with the photos inside the message, but it sounds intriguing.

I didn't notice but is there a "tips and tricks" type page on this new board? I really liked the old one as it did tell us how to insert photos, etc.

Somebody also mentioned that their delete and backspace keys did not work--they had to use the arrow keys to correct typos. Well, mine is doing the opposite! I can use delete and backspace, but my arrow keys are worthless on this system. I don't know what the difference is, or maybe the programmers switched it.

Well, I do think it's about time to round up the rest of the group, don't you? And since nobody said they'd already sent out a mass e-mail to everybody, I think I will.

Also, I don't think they were singling me out for any reason by not sending me the e-mail invitation; apparently I'm not the only one who never got it and not the only one who had trouble getting logged on (I was glad to hear that because I tend to have self-image problems to begin with and don't need to start thinking I'm the ONLY one who can't do things. LOL

Talk to you tomorrow!

Cherie

For help using the message boards, please visit our Help area, just click the "Need Help?" link at the top of the boards.

July 24, 2005, 10:40 pm CDT

Photos?

Is it just me or are the photos for the same person DIFFERENT with different messages? On the old board if we changed our photo on the profile, it changed for all messages we had ever posted on any of the boards. THIS board seems to attach a particular photo to a message and leave that photo there, while the poster can put a NEW photo in the profile and that NEW photo will be on the current messages, leaving the old photo on the old messages. WOW! How cool is that!?!?

Or is it my imagination? Moderator, if that's the way it works, PLEASE ask the programmers to leave that in. It's so good to be able to see temporary photos that we post for a special occasion, or maybe a "before" photo. Or maybe we can just document our progress by the photo diary we post with our messages! As I said HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!

I think as time goes on we'll find more things to like about the new board. I know Stacimarie and I will appreciate that we can write NOVELS and not have to break them into 5 or 6 separate messages to get them all on here.

Now, will all you lurkers please post a brief "hi" so we know you got on here successfully. And then I'll go out and round up the rest of the crew this week. I'm sort of tied up now helping my DH get ready for his trip, but once he's gone I'll be a single woman for 2 weeks and can play to my heart's content without having to do housewife-type things.

Talk to you again tomorrow. I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

BTW, Autumn, if you're there, are you still working on a new format for our weighttracker website? I keep checking and hope you are. I'm not trying to rush you, but just don't want you to skip it. We all appreciate your efforts for us so much.

And JAN, PLEASE post your success this month. I didn't ever mean to imply that reading someone else's success would bring me down--on the contrary, it is so inspiring to me and helps me focus again and stay on track. I tend to sabotage my own efforts whenever I compete (I knew that going into this month's challenge) but I really was motivated to do it until the board died and I got into a downward spiral of stinkin' thinkin' and non-stop grazing in the kitchen. I really do wish you all the best with this competition and am anxious to see EVERYBODY's success posted when Bev comes back.

btw, it was also neat to see that Bev checked in here--so we know she's able to get online again and we WILL see her after her sabbatical. I believe Stacie-gator is still camping and was going to be gone for a couple of weeks (I think). I'm sure she'll be back on here when she gets back to a computer. And Megan, if you're lurking, come out of lurkdom and join us--we need you here!!

Gotta get to bed now. See you tomorrow.

Cherie

July 24, 2005, 10:43 pm CDT

Need Help?

For help using the message boards, please visit our Help area, just click the "Need Help?" link at the top of the boards.

Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't clicked on that yet, but didn't know it would replace the tips and tricks feature.

Are you the same person as our Moderator? Or are you someone else with a different username? Just curious.

Cherie

July 24, 2005, 11:04 pm CDT

PROFILE BIRTHDAY

As many people have already stated, my birthdate is also listed wrong on my profile and I am unable to edit that one item. The year is correct but the month and day are wrong. Please pass this along to the programming team so I can edit my birthdate OR have them remove it because I don't like them saying I'm older than I actually am :)

Thank you,

Cherie

July 25, 2005, 12:23 am CDT

Walking Across America

I did some research on the www.thefatmanwalking.com web site. Seems he will be walking very near where I live in Missouri. I will have to stop by and pay him a visit.

As for my training for Peloton Project' Ride For The Roses I have had my ups and downs but I am still on the path. I have been nursing a problem with my right foot that has kept me off the bike for a few weeks. I will return to training again later this week.

As soon as the ride is over in October I will post pictures for you all to see. You can also check out my web site at www.willsride.com as the date draws near I will get back to posting also on my blog web site.

Sunday July 24th was a great day to see Lance Armstrong win his 7th Tour de France I have been on vacation following the last week of the tour so I could catch all the final stages.

Thanks for all your kind words and support in my bike ride and the great friendships that I have discovered here on this board.

LIVESTRONG,

Will

July 25, 2005, 1:23 am CDT

Elaine, Greg, glmark

• Hi Elaine, I use to belong to TOPS they are a great group and you basically do what ever diet is right for you it will go well with DR Phil's program and you can share the Keys with them. I think the real life support is great I have been thankful for my live group. I hope this gives you the little kick you need to get below 350 but if you want to go back sooner you can go to a medical supply store (If there scale is a doctor type) and get a little weight that will allow the scale to weigh up to 400. Just an idea my old doctors office had one and told me about it. Jan

• Hi Greg, A book you might like is: Big and Tall Chronicles... Misadventures of a lifelong food addict by Gary Marino He also has a site and did a walk, twelve hundred miles over twelve states, The Million Calorie March reached over 70 million people with its obesity awareness campaign. http://www.millioncaloriemarch.com/TheRoute/GarysJournal.asp
  I have found his story very motivational it has helped me a lot. I don't have a camcorder either wish I did I just take pictures every few months.  
  • glmark Get the book back out and start again many of us here have had set backs but got up and moved on. Dr Phil says we have to get ALL the keys because if we don't we will fall right back where we were or further. It is important to get each key and open EVERY door. I had to go back to Key one and two I thought I got it but there is a lot of junk in the past and stinkin thinkin to change. I'm glad you have joined us.
  How exciting you got to go to his show one of the other ladies from here Delight, has gone several times to different weight shows. Keep coming back and posting. Jan

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last