Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 25, 2005, 1:32 am CDT

200 Pounds or More to Lose

Boy I give up I keep trying to upload my PIC and I get it in the profile page but can't get it here. going to try and put a pic on this post see if that works Jan

July 25, 2005, 4:06 am CDT

Good morning Everyone!

glmark-I am so glad that you have joined us here. This is a journey and we all fall down and get back up. So come often and let us know what you are doing to get going!

Loretta, I love the cat with the tongue stuck out!  I will try to watch the "help" board and see if they say anything about Macintosh not having the tool bar.  I also can't figure how you get the light blue ink.

Cherie, I can't read the blue either. Not sure how she is getting blue ink but I did note that when I used her message it converted mine to the blue.  Also, from what I can find out at this time the birthday bug wants you to be older. I think all of us are!  They keep telling people they are working on it! Look at it this way, now you can have two birthdays.......more presents! lol

Brenda, hang in there! Family pressures are the worst. I once lived across the street from my dear mother in law! We moved very quickly.

Will, glad to see that you have enjoyed the race.  Hope that you get to feeling better soon and get back on track.

I have to work on how I have my messages set up because I'm reading the newest ones first and it throws me out of skelter. 

July 25, 2005, 4:30 am CDT

Loretta

I'm still trying to find your tool bar!......Codependent me......no I just want to fix the world! lol  Anyway this was on the help board and I saw it. So do you see a little arrow in between the message title and where you type.  It doesn't sound like it was a mac problem.  If this doesn't work I will take off my cape crusader outfit and leave you alone! lol

Just a suggestion..I'm wondering if the person who does not see the commands on the taskbar has inadvertently hidden their taskbar and therefore is not seeing them. I closed mine accidently today and it sounds like that could be their problem???

On the missing buttons on the toolbar, good point! There's a little arrow that closes the toolbar hiding all of the buttons and yes, it's possible to accidentally click it. Thanks for pointing that out!

July 25, 2005, 4:38 am CDT

Today is the Day!

I typed this message and did not see it anywhere so I must have done something wrong.......so here it is again. Very important!

I have been just kind of waiting to get my head on straight to start back with a strong effort of being healthy. Was really going to give it another week. But after reading Joel Osteen's book all weekend I decided that today is the day! I have just been fooling myself and not taking care of me.

So this morning I got up and was on the treadmill for 30 minutes, listening to KLOVE, crying, walking and laughing. It really is cathartic for me! I just wanted to say thanks guys for being here for me. For Millie, your email and reaching out is burned in my heart!   My meals are planned out. My mind is in the right place!

I am glad that we are all back together. Hope Cherie can round everyone else back. I appreciate Jan and Autumn for stepping in and keeping us together but this just feels like home even with the bugs!

Have a good day. Stay cool! Jan, I wish I was with you we could splash around and stay cool!

July 25, 2005, 5:08 am CDT

Irettakat, glmark

Jan, I thought this was so good and was afraid someone would miss it that I moved it over. Hope you don't mind!

THE DAILY MOTIVATOR

Get started
+++++++++++++++++++

If you've fallen a little behind schedule, that's no reason
to get discouraged. On the contrary, it's a reason to get
going.

The sooner you get started, the more you'll get done. The
sooner you get to work, the more value you'll create with
your efforts.

Do you want your work to bring maximum results? Then get
moving on it right away.

It may sometimes seem that the easiest choice is to slack
off and delay your efforts until later. Yet by doing that,
you're actually making things more difficult for yourself.

To get the most done with the least amount of effort, get
started on it as soon as possible. That way, instead of
making time your enemy, you'll have time working on your
side.

This is your opportunity to fill your life with richness and
your world with value. Get up, get going, and get it done.

Ralph Marston

Irettakat,

Hi.  If you don't have a camcorder,  so be it.  Use anything you have.  Do your best to keep a record of your own personal journey.  When the site is ready (and it will be a while) I will, if you want, plug you into the site with your own personal section and I hope others will join.  Take pictures...including "action" pictures of you doing thins (like being on a treadmill if that is something you do).  The more the better.     Now, as to whether Dr. Phil will ever use this or not doesn't really matter in the end.  Sure, it would be cool if it happened.  But I got me some bigger pies to bake.   I want to write a book....something....anything...   I got to get this out of my system.  It's like a lightbulb went off and I have so much energy I have no idea where to put it.   I think I'm going to target a specific audience:   adolescent obesity.   Well, I'm the poster "child" of what happens when one is obese during adolesence.  That's where we need to focus on...  we have to get these kids to change and get the parents to take some responsibility too!   If I internalized the right lifestyle...early...I know I would not have put myself through this hell.    I have to help these kids avoid the pain and suffering I myself have endured.   I just have to....

glmark:

mark,  MAKE A DECISION.    Pull that book out again and start from the beginning.   I'm here man.  With ya all the way.  I fell your pain and desperation.    Got a camcorder?  Want to do a cool project with me?  Let's document your revival and reclaiming of your life.   We've all had ups and down.  Are you ready?  Let's rock and roll!!!!!!!!

July 25, 2005, 6:02 am CDT

glmark--welcome

Hi glmark (Is your name Mark?) and welcome to the best board ever for support along the weight-loss journey. I have to apologize for not welcoming you sooner, but my feeble senior brain just saw the username glmark and I knew we had a new guy on here whose username also started with "G" and I didn't really register the whole username so I thought you were the same person. It wasn't until this morning when I saw him writing a post to you that I realized you are two separate people!! So, please forgive me for not welcoming you sooner and let me assure you that we are ALL on the same journey--some of us have more bumps in the road than others, but we will ALL reach that get-real goal weight together too. Hang in there! Read the book again and again (20 times if that's what it takes), drink your water, make healthy food choices and move your body daily. AND come here to the boards each day too and read and post--even if it's just "HI" to stay connected to your support system. We're all here for you and even though messages may not be addressed to you (with your name in the subject line), they are ALL here to help ALL of us.

Hang in there and have a great day!

Cherie

p.s. so how many of you are changing the little Emote window each time you post messages?

July 25, 2005, 6:24 am CDT

Are you the same person as our Moderator?

Thanks for pointing that out. I haven't clicked on that yet, but didn't know it would replace the tips and tricks feature.

Are you the same person as our Moderator? Or are you someone else with a different username? Just curious.

Cherie

Yes.... we are the same people with just new names. :)

July 25, 2005, 6:25 am CDT

RE: Photos

Is it just me or are the photos for the same person DIFFERENT with different messages? On the old board if we changed our photo on the profile, it changed for all messages we had ever posted on any of the boards. THIS board seems to attach a particular photo to a message and leave that photo there, while the poster can put a NEW photo in the profile and that NEW photo will be on the current messages, leaving the old photo on the old messages. WOW! How cool is that!?!?

Or is it my imagination? Moderator, if that's the way it works, PLEASE ask the programmers to leave that in. It's so good to be able to see temporary photos that we post for a special occasion, or maybe a "before" photo. Or maybe we can just document our progress by the photo diary we post with our messages! As I said HOW COOL IS THAT?!?!

I think as time goes on we'll find more things to like about the new board. I know Stacimarie and I will appreciate that we can write NOVELS and not have to break them into 5 or 6 separate messages to get them all on here.

Now, will all you lurkers please post a brief "hi" so we know you got on here successfully. And then I'll go out and round up the rest of the crew this week. I'm sort of tied up now helping my DH get ready for his trip, but once he's gone I'll be a single woman for 2 weeks and can play to my heart's content without having to do housewife-type things.

Talk to you again tomorrow. I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH!!

BTW, Autumn, if you're there, are you still working on a new format for our weighttracker website? I keep checking and hope you are. I'm not trying to rush you, but just don't want you to skip it. We all appreciate your efforts for us so much.

And JAN, PLEASE post your success this month. I didn't ever mean to imply that reading someone else's success would bring me down--on the contrary, it is so inspiring to me and helps me focus again and stay on track. I tend to sabotage my own efforts whenever I compete (I knew that going into this month's challenge) but I really was motivated to do it until the board died and I got into a downward spiral of stinkin' thinkin' and non-stop grazing in the kitchen. I really do wish you all the best with this competition and am anxious to see EVERYBODY's success posted when Bev comes back.

btw, it was also neat to see that Bev checked in here--so we know she's able to get online again and we WILL see her after her sabbatical. I believe Stacie-gator is still camping and was going to be gone for a couple of weeks (I think). I'm sure she'll be back on here when she gets back to a computer. And Megan, if you're lurking, come out of lurkdom and join us--we need you here!!

Gotta get to bed now. See you tomorrow.

Cherie

We're still having some problems with profile photos but hopefully this will be resolved soon.

July 25, 2005, 11:11 am CDT

OK THIS IS TO CRAZY FOR EVEN ME TO FIGURE OUT!!!

I just sat here at my pc and typed SOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHH STUFF I wanted E1 to read and as soon as I clicked post(IT WAS LOST!!!!)I even hit my back button several times to see if I could bring it back up but nothing!Good Lord this is frustrating!!!Anyway I will try back later today to see if maybe its here.....maybe the staff is still working out bugs or something. I love you guys

July 25, 2005, 11:14 am CDT

ALMOST TIME FOR HUSBAND TO BE HOME(

Quote From: dance31

I just sat here at my pc and typed SOOOOOOO MUCHHHHHHHHH STUFF I wanted E1 to read and as soon as I clicked post(IT WAS LOST!!!!)I even hit my back button several times to see if I could bring it back up but nothing!Good Lord this is frustrating!!!Anyway I will try back later today to see if maybe its here.....maybe the staff is still working out bugs or something. I love you guys
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last