Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 16, 2008, 4:50 am CDT

204 to lose

Hello, anyone out there?  I have 204 to lose.  I am very excited that there is a message board for those of us who have a great deal of weight to lose.  I just got done calculating how long it will take me to get to my goal weight of 180.  It will be 2 years.  I worked it out on the spread sheet that as I lose weight it will calculate it through the years and let me know where I am as to reaching my goal weight.  This seems to aid me in setting my mind and keeping me motivated.  I hope someone is out there that would like to share and help me as I would like to help them.  Take care and I hope to here from someone soon.  Jade

September 16, 2008, 6:50 pm CDT

New and needing to keep losing

Hi everyone ;)

First let me tell you that i'm a 46 yo divorced woman with two grown boys.  I'm on disability, morbidly obese and if that isn't enough of a challenge I also have AIDS. 

This has been a big year for me and a challenging one.  Last year I decided that I needed to get serious about losing weight.  I weighed 585lbs and I was miserable.  I'm on disability, so I checked myself into an area nursing home for diet control and extreme physical therapy and medical supervision.  My family and friends thought I was crazy I think, but by Christmas they were in agreement that it was a good thing.  I've worked hard all year and I'm now down to 459lbs.  I think this is less than I've weighed in 3-5 years.  I'm walking 1000ft a day and my clothes are now falling off of me.  My goal at the present time is to lose another 100lbs by next summer because my oldest son is getting married in California (I'm in Ohio) and I intend to be there.!

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends and getting inspiration as well as giving it!

Marta

September 24, 2008, 9:19 am CDT

Broken but in some ways, stronger

You guys might remember me:)  I hope so.  I'm sorry i dropped off the face of the earth.

I was reading some of my old posts...i was down to 182....182!

I am now at last check 282. Probably more but i don't want to know..

I hope some of you newer guys don't mind that I don't have 200 or more to lose.

I have only myself to blame for the weight...my reactions to emotional abuse, divorce, forclosure...but I fought my way into a new life, My own apartment, a great job-I got my Massage Therapy license and i work fo a chiropractor and make GOOD money-I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job.  I am good at it and take a lot of pride in it:)

To make it all even nuttier, i'm back with the guy...but not ABOUT to remarry him any time soon.

I have The nicest forearms now...lol, and some of my weight is muscle,.....I have been this heavy before but i was a larger size then. but honestly I am starting to have hip and knee probs and BP probs (dr wants me on meds but i took myself off, bottom number stays near 90) and i feel sooo BBLAAH  and hardly any of my clothes fit or look right. I am starting to huff and puff when i go up and down stairs...i have been to the "promised land"  and i miss it soo soo much!  i'm looking forward to finding it again, hopefully for good!!

Once again i am requiring more of myself...

So how are you guys? 

First | Prev | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | Next Page | Last Page