Message Boards

Topic : 200 Pounds or More to Lose

Number of Replies: 2493
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, July 04, 2005, 01:49:00 pm
Author : dataimport
Discussions about issues, challenges and strategies for people who plan on losing 200 or more pounds.

Join the new Dr. Phil Community! Currently in BETA, the new Dr. Phil Community will allow you to personalize your message board experience. Start by creating your user profile here.

For help and FAQs on the new BETA Community, please click here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 23, 2005, 3:16 pm CDT

Archived recipes

Someone mentioned wanting access to the old recipe list...click on Messageboard Archives, then Add A Weight Loss Challenge Discussion, then 1st Things 1st HRC/HY Recipes. They all seem to be there. Loretta =^..^=

July 23, 2005, 3:20 pm CDT

loretta

the same thing happens to me in the message title.  I just used my arrow keys to go back and the delete button...basically my backspace key won't work there....WEIRD.

Also My pic came up when I first put in in this morning, and now it is gone so I put it up again..and still not there...I don't know if there is some new rule about not putting your kid's pic up or what....but he is the one guy I haven't showed off to you all.  AND when I put my info in my profile, a lot of it didn't show up...particularly the "about" section I worked so hard on..lol.

I guess we just need to be patient until all the bugs are worked out here..at least I can get on and say hi to you guys!!  I am sure everyone on all the message boards trying to catch up all at once isn't helping much, either.  i really hope Cherie makes it here soon.

Stacie

July 23, 2005, 3:44 pm CDT

Stacie

the same thing happens to me in the message title. I just used my arrow keys to go back and the delete button...basically my backspace key won't work there....WEIRD.

Also My pic came up when I first put in in this morning, and now it is gone so I put it up again..and still not there...I don't know if there is some new rule about not putting your kid's pic up or what....but he is the one guy I haven't showed off to you all. AND when I put my info in my profile, a lot of it didn't show up...particularly the "about" section I worked so hard on..lol.

I guess we just need to be patient until all the bugs are worked out here..at least I can get on and say hi to you guys!! I am sure everyone on all the message boards trying to catch up all at once isn't helping much, either. i really hope Cherie makes it here soon.

Stacie

My arrow keys seem to be fine; my Delete key won't work at all. I was going to delete all but the first paragraph of your message, since that was the only part I am replying to...but it will not allow me to????? Hmmmmm....mysterious..........Loretta, Deleteless in oregon

July 23, 2005, 4:01 pm CDT

I went to read

When typing a message to post, I cannot delete a mistake/typo. Please tell me if there is a new way to do this, or are the new boards not Mac compatible, or/???? Thank you........a...oops, I cannot remove this "a".....grrrrr. Please tell me the new secret.

the help section and it did help answer some questions.  Delete keys don't work right now they are working on it but it will work if you highlight and then do it.

They have a real problem with red...so if you type in red get ready it comes out funny.

They are having problems with pics.

I have sent Cherie the reply that the moderator posted for us. It doesn't look like she has read it yet. She said she was going to take a nap after the sale so she probably is zonk out. I keep going back to yahoo to make sure that she hasn't posted more help. 

If you have MAC they are having a lot of problems with that too.

Pics was another whole issue. They said sometimes they are loading and sometimes not.........but they are working on it.

So I guess we will have to be patient and let them stomp those bugs. But I do want everyone who wants on to be able to get on. And if you are having problems the need help section was really good!

Cindy

July 23, 2005, 4:07 pm CDT

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

Wow, it's great to have our message board back.  I just pulled up my email for the first time in two days and found out about the board being back.  I also didn't get the email to let me know, but when I clicked on the send email again, it came within seconds. 

I am only seeing a few of the photos on here though.  I hope everyone gets their photos back on.  It's always great to see everyone's pictures.

I haven't been doing the greatest with my eating or exercise plan.  I really need to get back into the swing of things.  Today I walked around Walmart for a while.  My son wanted to buy donuts.  In fact, we walked over to where the donuts were.  We came close to it, but a couple of people I haven't seen in awhile were there.  They were, and one of them still is, part of the TOPS chapter I belonged to years ago.  When they left, I walked away from the donuts and bought some nectarines instead.  So that was a little accomplishment.  Now I just need to get in my intentional exercise and stay away from the fast food.

Guess I need to have someone kick me in the behind to get me moving more and away from the computer, but not away from the board.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Take care.

Hugs,

Elaine

July 23, 2005, 4:36 pm CDT

Anyone want to Join in on this/?

Greg, I think your goals are inspired. You are going to do something great, not only for yourself and your wife, but for the country! I'm excited about what you are doing and looking forward to hearing (and seeing) your progress. Glad you're here!

Love, Millie

Thanks Millie.   I appreciate the support.

I hope others in this specific board would like to join me on this little adventure.   I just think it would be re-inforcing and supportive to our goals.     Granted, it's not as easy as it sounds.... to take the time to make video clips itself and to top it off by posting it on the web for all to see...

But I don't think this has been done before in this context....   I just think it would be cool to document the whole thing with film.

I hope there are others on this forum who will contact me via email who are interested on doing this with me.   All they need is their own camcorder (digital) and some time to invest in recording their weight loss journey.

It will take me a while to put the site up through a few friends.  I will, however, keep this board updated on what I'm doing and where I'm at.

Thanks.

Greg

July 23, 2005, 6:05 pm CDT

Elaine

It was so good to see you.  Glad you made it without any problems!

Good job on not hitting the donuts too! I know what you mean about not doing well on program but I'm getting back on track. 

July 23, 2005, 10:18 pm CDT

I'm here--THANK YOU ALL for the help!

First of all, thanks to Stacie and Cindy and all the rest who worked at getting me the information I needed to get the invitation re-sent and to get logged on. Once I was on it was another hurdle to figure out how to find you all, but I'm here now. I'm still unclear on some things. For instance: how do we mark the last message we read so we can keep our place until we come back the next time? And there are no numbers on the messages so how do we know how many more there are to read to catch up? Are these bugs they're working on?

I'm having trouble with the profile too although they did NOT include my mailing address and some other info--I don't believe I ever gave them that information. But they do have my birthday wrong in there--again the year is right but it says January 1. There is no place in the profile edit page to edit birthdate (as I believe Deb already said), so I don't know if the moderator is telling them to work on that one too. I mean I'm old enough without having 2 and a half years added onto my age LOL.

OOPS! I started right in without the most important thing. WELCOME, GREG!! You have definitely come to the right place and while there are fewer guys here, we do welcome you and there are some. Will is probably the most "visible" as he does post occasionally, but we've also had some other guys lurking on here at various times. I sometimes think they may still be lurking here and just not posting, but they may have moved on to somewhere else too. I do hope you'll stay because the problems and challenges we have when we have 200 or more lb. to lose are unique and we really need the long-term support of others who know what it's like to face a 2-, 3- or 4-yr. weight loss journey (or longer). Some on this board have already lost 100 and 150 lb. and are still moving in the direction of a healthy weight and lifestyle. Some had fewer than 200 to lose when they came here, but stayed for the support in this group. I do hope you will too--you sound so motivated and committed and we all need a dose of that now and then.

Well, I posted my profile and am anxious now to check back and see if it shows up here. The sale went OK--nothing great, but we did unload a lot of stuff. And yes, I was zonked out this afternoon for awhile as the painter was working on the bathroom and making several trips up and down the stairs right past the chair where I'd fallen asleep. I sure hope I wasn't snoring or sleeping with my mouth open or something--I was pretty embarrassed when I woke up and realized I'd fallen asleep there when I only intended to sit down for a few minutes before I started laundry. Oh well. The sleep felt good. Now I need to clean up and get to bed. Company coming tomorrow and my DH leaves in two days for a 2-wk. trip out of state. We have a lot of moving and shuffling of furniture before he can leave so there's still no rest around here.

Have a great day everybody and I hope to see more of you here again.

Cherie

p.s. has anybody sent an e-mail to the rest of the bunch to tell them the secret of how to get on here again? I really did have quite a time and I hope a lot of the others don't have to deal with that too. If someone's already sent them the info, then I won't but if not, I'll send them the message the moderator posted for us to pass along.

July 23, 2005, 10:23 pm CDT

Elaine

I'm so glad you were able to pass those donuts! Congratulations! But I'm curious, did you pass them up because you didn't want the TOPS people to see you getting them? Or did it have nothing to do with them at all? So often we are co-dependent--dependent on what other people think of us, what we THINK they'll think of us, what they may say, what they do, etc. And rarely are our actions dependent strictly on US and what we choose to do as the best course for us. In either case, the result was a good one, but I do think it's important to examine not only why we eat unhealthy foods but also why we DON'T eat them at various times. If it was a reaction to those people being near the donuts, then your guard may be down some other time when they aren't around, especially if you're feeling you have a handle on it after passing the donuts by. BE PREPARED and you will be stronger and better able to pass them by EVERY time, no matter who may be there. You are doing so well and I know you're setting a great example for your son too. Hang in there--you've come a long way and we need to stay focused on the goals--both short-term and long-term.

Have a great weekend.

Cherie

July 24, 2005, 12:25 am CDT

Sleepless N Florida

I woke up at 2:30am and can't for the life of me,get back to sleep!Maybe its because I'm thinking about this B-Day party that I soooooo don't wanna go to today!My husbands brothers kid.It would'nt be so bad if my husband was going with me and our boys but Oh Nooooooooooo NOT HIM!Hes leaving outta here thismorning at 4:30 to go fishing with his brother-in-law that he does'nt even like(might I add) He supposed to meet us over there at 11:00 today.I just dont think its fair that I'm left getting all the boys up and making sure their bathed and dressed(not to mention me having to get ready)WITH NO HELP HERE)other than my children....I know they can help me but not like a grown person could ya know???It just burns me up at times the way he acts with others but I feel as if I'm getting the cold sholder all the time!!!I really am truely fed up!Thats probably why I just ate some left over chinese food that  I had ordered yesterday!I mean normally I would'nt be eating at 2:30 in the morning and surely not chinese(SO NOT HEALTHY)NOT (PORK LO-MEIN)but that shows me I still have ALONG WAY TO GO!but that ok by me cuz I'm willing to stay as long as I need to.One day I will shine again I'm sure of it!I'm glad to see you're back Ms.Cherie...lol...I hope E1 has a terrific Sunday and try an relax if you can people(I'm gonna sit over here and do some thinkin(no stinkin thinkin)just thinkin!Love Ya'll

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last