Message Boards

Topic : 01/03 Meet Your Match

Number of Replies: 277
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 28, 2006, 04:59:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you in search of Mr. or Miss Right? Internet dating is the number one way couples meet these days, and Match.com is leading the way with 15 million members. But is there a right way to do it? Meredith says while her friends have found "the one," all she's found is the hairiest one, the baldest one and the shortest one! Her friend, Lauren, says Meredith's just too darn picky. Will Meredith throw out her list of pet peeves and give men more of a chance? Then, Lynette has never tried online dating because she's scared of who might show up. With the help of Match.com, she learns to create a winning profile, and quickly racks up a list of interested men. See the surprise Dr. Phil has for her to ensure that she will actually meet some of these guys. And, Brett says he's tired of playing games and is ready to settle down. His perfect mate, chosen by Match.com, is sitting in the audience, but will he be able to pick her out of the crowd? Share your own online dating stories and talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 26, 2007, 12:23 am CST

01/03 Meet Your Match

Quote From: bear_ta

I have never been without a man since I was 17. Men love me. My best friend is a man that I met on the internet. My husband and I met online. My first husband I met the 'old fashioned' way and it was a disaster. I am always open and honest when online. I am a tall, big, pale, green eyed red head. I am sarcastic, and funny and very smart. I've been a size 5, but it was unnatural for me. I used to diet to the point of fainting and falling down stairs. I never felt small enough. My whole world was wrapped up in being smaller and smaller. It doesn't make sense, but that is what most women think. I almost lost my life when I was pregnant with my son. The fact that we both made it amazed the doctors. My doctor couldn't quit smiling at me. He said the only reason I was still here was I have an amazing will to live. I just thought I have stuff to do. He wouldn't allow me to dismiss my spirit the way women always do. Because of a man that truly loves women any way they are my life changed. Since that time my weight, grey hair, whatever I have tortured myself with no longer matters. I eat well and try to keep my weight down because since I had my son I am very sensitive to sugar. The point is, my husband thinks I'm the most gorgeous creature on earth, but if he had had any preconceived notions about what a woman should be, or what he found acceptable he wouldn't be the smiling laughing contented man he is today.

Did you know that two thirds of North American's are over weight? The new numbers were on the news last night. I remember thinking that the beauty ideal is going to shift soon just from sheer force of numbers. Stop putting physical requirements on your profile. You are missing two thirds of the women out there. What is the worst that could happen? You meet someone that is not your physical ideal, but someone that makes you laugh so hard you snort milk through your nose? What's wrong with that? Women don't like having affection limited by what they look like. Most women think they are flawed and fat whether they are or not. When a woman reads you start out with physical limits they dismiss you right off because she knows she is not good enough for you. Reality and perception are two completely different animals, and reality rarely has anything to do with what a woman thinks she looks like. You are not open to meeting a variety of people, and that is unattractive... and lose the beard.

I can relate, I haven't been without a man since I was... gosh ,well, since I was 16yrs old. I married when I was 22, always had a man no matter what, even sweet Dave, that happens to be one of my closest friends to this day and lives right across the parkway from me...Dave proposed to me in front of a whole crowd after knowing me for two weeks...and we live to tell the story! My point being that something has changed within myself in these past couple of years, I don't take anyone too seriously, I've come to not trust men. And with every new man I meet it seems to get worse and worse. They say things and don't follow through. They either have too much baggage or just plain  insecure. Not to mention egos the size of  ???? Arrogant, selfish and saying just what you want to hear, are some things that just come to mind. Is any one man "normal" out there?  

January 26, 2007, 12:30 am CST

01/03 Meet Your Match

Quote From: purplepenny

Me being fat has weeded out so many bad people. I'm happily married, so the dating thing doesn't apply to me, but...still, being fat has automatically weeded the superficial out of my life. I enjoy that very much.
Purple Penny how nice to see you once again!!!!! And look at your display picture, very cute...You live, You learn. Thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 28, 2007, 5:24 pm CST

Quote From: jesusislord

OK   I am saying that its not safe to meet men from the web. Seen to many killings on the news and 48 hours! Also missing girls too that end up dead, just playing it safe.
I agree that meeting random men that you don't know off the web can be a dangerous thing.  But meeting anyone for the first time (ex: a blind date that you're set up on, a guy you met that lives down the street from you, etc) can be the same way.  If you're smart about it (such as meeting in a group or in a very public place) until you get to know each other, the odds become more in your favor.  Of course you can't wipe out all chances of getting killed or attacked this way, but neither can you guarantee such a thing when you walk through a parking lot or go for a run.  And I, for one, would prefer not to spend the rest of my life indoors with the bolt locked.

September 1, 2007, 6:11 am CDT

man of my dreams

Quote From: wintterose

Ok Dr Phil how about giving some help to us mature ladies who have been on their own for 30 yrs or more like me?  I am 58, single, a little over weihgt but not bad looking I hope.  I really would like to find a man to share life  together.  Men my age are looking for small, trim, fit, younger etc.  I have tried broadening my search only to find men who want to be taken care of,don't need that,  angry men, men who just want a casual fling or bootie call, yes even at this age.  I have worked for many years, have my own home not paid for or a mansion but it's a home.  I would just like to meeta nice man who REALLY wants a relationship with a nice lady, me.  Match.com got a little expensive for me and the guys I met fit in the above category.  Are there any great guys out there my age or around there give or take a couple years who really want to have a relationship or am I just kidding myself? 
Hi i met my man from match.com. hes real and we have so much in common its weird. I feel like im dating myself sometimes. ha ha We are engaged now and extremely happy. So i think you should stick with match.com. I had a very bad experience with match.com. Because i was not careful. But i went back a year later and just put my information in and just didn't worry about trying to met. And POOF within a few days Jeff my finance winked at me. So you will find him when you least expect. Good luck to you, Nancy

June 2, 2008, 7:20 pm CDT

Match.com didn't work for me

I am just curious to see if anyone on here has been taken my Match.Com.  I don't mean by them, but by someone on there.  I haven't had any luck in the dating department, and I thought, hmmmmmmm, maybe I should try online dating.  I have seen so much on Dr. Phil, that I thought, maybe I should give it a try.  I kept putting it off, until, last week.  I took the plunge and did it.  Guess what????????????  The very first guy that made a contact, turned out to be a fraud.  We matched up, and you know how it works, if you been there, they wink.  Well I found him attractive and liked what he said, so I winked back.  We instanting started communicating through email.  I was still leary and was treading carefully.  It wasn't even two days, that someone told me to go through the listings, and so I did.  Guess what?  Found at least three other profiles on this person.  I knew immediately by the pictures, it was him, but guess what?  Each one, lived in a different city, and state, but the profile was the same for all of them.  What got me, was some of them stated he was widowed, but forgot to change the divorce to reflect his comment.  I feel so taken.  I was so afraid of getting on line to begin with, but truly was open to it, despite all the negative aspects.  Now I feel totally hopeless.  I am just grateful that I found out so early in the game before my emotions got really involved.  So I am just curious?  Anyone else have luck? Just need to say, sorry, Dr. Phil, on line dating sucks.  So now what?????????????????????

June 30, 2008, 12:55 pm CDT

Jealousy

Ladies & Gents I really need your help in getting over the jealousy I deal with in my 4 year relationship with my boyfriend. The jealousy doesn't come from him, the source is me. It's NOW becoming a horrible problem within our relationship, tearing it apart. We love each other more that words than can say but I need someone's insight into how to make it go away. Thanks a million.

Kaylyn

February 5, 2009, 11:08 am CST

01/03 Meet Your Match

Quote From: kayeliz19

Ladies & Gents I really need your help in getting over the jealousy I deal with in my 4 year relationship with my boyfriend. The jealousy doesn't come from him, the source is me. It's NOW becoming a horrible problem within our relationship, tearing it apart. We love each other more that words than can say but I need someone's insight into how to make it go away. Thanks a million.

Kaylyn

Hi, I just joined the website to find help with the same problem. I realize that the source is me and my insecurities, but I just don't know how to make the thoughts and the habits go away.  I want to save my marriage, but don' t know how to stop. Have you gotten any help since you've posted this message? If so, please give me any advice you can offer.

Thank you!

First | Prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | Next Page | Last Page