Message Boards

Topic : 01/04 "What I Want This Year!"

Number of Replies: 158
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 28, 2006, 05:01:18 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil’s guests are going about their New Year’s resolutions the wrong way! They each resolve to change something about their partner. Luca says it’s time his wife, Karen, started losing her baby weight now that two whole months have passed since she gave birth to their son. Karen says she just had her third cesarean section and Luca should cut her some slack! Then, Elena says her husband, Wade, has been holding onto his loud, stinky beast for far too long and 2007 is the year he needs to “send it to the factory.” Wade says he’s just an “old country boy” and there’s no way he’s getting rid of his favorite sidekick. Next, Britney says her sorority sister, Sharnetta, is chronically late everywhere she goes and has even started making Britney late! What is behind her punctuality problem, and will Sharnetta be able to get to the airport in time to be on the show? Plus, tune in for a chocoholic who can’t lick her habit, and a marriage proposal ultimatum. Join the discussion, tell us what you want this year!

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2007 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 4, 2007, 4:35 pm CST

A Macho Truck!?!?

Ok...I COMPLETELY understand the truck deal...the betrayal...all that good stuff...my truck is my baby and sadly I'd probably save IT before most of my FRIENDS! (saddest part is they know it too!)

But Dr. Phil called that guy's truck....MACHO!?!?!?! THAT was NOT a MACHO truck! That was a beat up old Ford Ranger that had been peed on by cats!!!!!!!  I was completely shocked that Dr. Phil called that truck "macho" I just don't see it. *Shakes head* lol

Becca

XOXO

P.S. This is MY big macho truck!

January 4, 2007, 4:38 pm CST

new year

Well,that husband was self-centered to go off to the gym every AM at 5:30 for HIMSELF and then complain about her weight!(what weight?)  Sometimes getting your kids ready to take to the gym with you even if they have childcare is such a hassle its not worth all the extra time it takes, which is what he wanted her to do. (especially 3 kids) Well, my addiction got to be the computer and  the messageboards :>)!!! The computer can be a hard habit to break and a very easy one to get hooked on.. Although shopping and chocolate would be more expensive and MORE calories by far. I am trying to substitute some other activities like exercise, walking and  learning a few healthy good recipes to cook up at home. And I found  some  on - line 12 step meetings which might be an OK substitute.  (for the messageboards:>) ) It's just been so gosh darn fun to read the messages about the shows and throw in my opinion . Ha Ha. Where else can you have so much fun and  no membership fee????!!!!  :>) 

January 4, 2007, 4:39 pm CST

Luca and the stinky truck and chocolate

I have an old truck, 20 year old Dodge Ram, it's the best! I do take care of the inside though. My truck could get me thru 2 feet of snow or whatever comes. Keep the truck, big plus: no new truck payment!   As for Luca, he needs to haul those kids around and see what it is really like;  he obviously has no clue how much work it takes to raise children and what his wife's body has been thru to produce those children for him. Dr. Phil, I do think that you needed to address his behavior more. He needs a wake up call about his relationship with his wife and children.   The chocolate lady could be my friend anyday! 

January 4, 2007, 5:00 pm CST

Macho Truck

I totally understand the truck thing, and I am a feminine woman!! I totally disagree with Robin, yes I like nice things but I also create emotional attachments to things.  First and foremost my truck.  It is my most faithful friend and companion,  It was the first (and only) vehicle I have payed for myself.  I have had it for 10 years, since I was 23.  I took me away to college and back, many times.  It goes with me everywhere.  It's name is AJ, and I have thought about making it into a bar in my garage before I get rid of it.  For years it had no side mirror because I broke it off with a store cart.  I kept the truck and the mirror until recently a boyfriend took me to the dealership to buy a new one and fixed it.  AJ looks better than ever and holds a special place in my heart and has over 147,000 miles on it.  My faithful 1995 Chevy S-10. 

Wade two things, if its so special to you why would you let a cat pee in it? Second, hold on to your prized possession but clean it up.

Kids and wife stop being snobs!!!! 

January 4, 2007, 5:10 pm CST

How disgusting

I wish I looked half as good as Karen, and I've never even had kids. "Men" (and I use that word loosely) like Luca are the reason why most women always feel fat and ugly. Luca is a shallow piece of garbage. I only hope that as he gets older he starts packing on the pounds and maybe then he'll understand what it feels like to be treated like dirt because of your weight. Karen and her children deserve much better than him.

January 4, 2007, 5:22 pm CST

Waiting to wed

I am glad for Sherry and Rick moving on.  It is so apparent they have different ideas of marriage.  This happened to me as well, and I did move on.  It took a year for my ex to figure out he wanted me in his life.  After that year, he asked for me back and I asked him to court me again and we'll see.  It was awesome because our love was never gone in that year even though we were apart, and a part of me absolutely knew we'd be together.   After reuniting in 2002 he proposed, we set a date for 2003 and now have been happily married even since. 

January 4, 2007, 5:36 pm CST

I Love my hubby

I just wanted to reply to all the women who are totally bashing my husband.... I love him. He is not a bad guy! He loves me and our children very much. He was only trying to motivate me to go back to the gym.. he only jokes with me and I joke back. That is the kind of relationship we have. I just want all of you to understand that. i am not angry or hurt and he does not bash me. and as for the women who think he is arrogant, he really isn't.. although I must say he is really an attractive man.. I love him very much, he keeps me laughing all the time. so please stop leaving nasty comments... the show was supposed to be lighthearted and funny... ok... thank you!

Karen

January 4, 2007, 5:37 pm CST

Chocolate

This is my first time posting to a message board... but seeing the "chocolate lady" on the show today prompted me to try this out! I just want to send the message to Dr Phil that I feel this is a very important topic. There are MANY women and maybe even some men that are "addicted" to chocolate. People don't actually believe it, and then say - Yeah - me too! But I hope to see maybe an entire show dedicated to the topic!

January 4, 2007, 6:14 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Phil Want What This Year! Are you kidding me? Last year my new Resolution was no to- make any mistake but I did it again I lost my receipt from Target in which I am surpose to give it to Isaac to give it to Community Advantage. Community Advantage is an Agency and hire Care Provider for those who parents who cannot take care of Disabilities either in a wheelchair or not.  See you tomorrow Afternoon. Sincerley Your. Russell

January 4, 2007, 6:42 pm CST

Chocolate lady

Dr Phil:  When I saw the chocolate lady on your show today, it really hit home.  I have been addicted to chocolate forever.  I would rather eat chocolate than regular food.  I would love to see a show on people addicted to chocolate.  It is like a drug to me.  Maureen

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last